Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,243 members, 7,829,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai (29615 Views)

Emir Ado Bayero Presenting A Prize To El-Rufai In The 1970s / DSS Withdraws Invitation To Okechukwu Ibeanu, INEC National Commissioner / What I Will Do To El-rufai For Calling Me ‘tribal Bigot’- Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by angelfallz(m): 8:28pm On Aug 20, 2020
moriss33:
Well it has happened & u can do nada about it.

No, i can't. But it would be wrong for me not to point how such method can easily be weaponised in the future.

The Trump example is exhibit A.
Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by simplyshade: 8:34pm On Aug 20, 2020
Oga Mr Hellrufai supporter. Why does it have to affect only Southern Kaduna? Let me tell you, I grew up in Kaduna State and I can tell you and anyone who cares to know that these killings have religious and /political undertones
Danja:
Taking as if other parts of the north are not being killed by the same ppl. Southern Kaduna are creating unnecessary sympathy from the southern Christians who are being deceived to believe that the killing in southern Kadunis religious one.

4 Likes

Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by proeast(m): 8:36pm On Aug 20, 2020
Kudos to the initiator!
Great job NBA!!

This is a silver linen in an otherwise dark cloud.
The downfall of Hell Elfire has just started. No other corporate organization or association will want to have anything to do with him.

This will also send a powerful message to everyone including foreign countries that this man is a terrorist.

I see him ending up at the ICJ.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by simplyshade: 8:38pm On Aug 20, 2020
The worst part is that he doesn't send.
Kposkila:
Imagine all comments negative about a man, he needs to change his ways.
Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by ezechi24(m): 8:39pm On Aug 20, 2020
RichBoy247:

Will El-Rufai die if he does not speak at the Conference? He may even clse down COurts in Kaduna State and Lawyers in Kaduna state will go hungry. Nonsense without Ingredients.

Senseless talk

4 Likes

Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by danfourtson(m): 8:42pm On Aug 20, 2020
Very good development.
Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by Severepains: 8:43pm On Aug 20, 2020
We all know lawyers he got arrested, Dadiyata has been missing under his jurisdiction and southern Kaduna killings go on unabated, he is not an embodiment of what the NBA should stand for.

angelfallz:

Nope, nothing is wrong with me. You most probably support this because you don't like El-Rufai, this is causing you not to see how this method of ostracisation can also be used against someone that you may like in the future, just because there are enough people that don't like him.

The Trump example is exhibit A.

Don't support things that can be easliy weaponised. It might be you in the future.

1 Like

Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by simplyshade: 8:47pm On Aug 20, 2020
Did you choose to be a willing tool or you are simply just ass licking
RichBoy247:

Will El-Rufai die if he does not speak at the Conference? He may even clse down COurts in Kaduna State and Lawyers in Kaduna state will go hungry. Nonsense without Ingredients.

3 Likes

Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by Seebrian(m): 8:49pm On Aug 20, 2020
It is a welcome development. El-Rufai inaction regarding Southern Kaduna need to be check.
Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by Orokojasper(m): 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2020
RichBoy247:

OMG, can you listen to what a Nigerian youth is spewing out of his mouth? I weep for the future of this country, if truly youths are the leaders of tomorrow.
Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by proeast(m): 8:51pm On Aug 20, 2020
Okwyjesus:

Bro this is a bad omen for him already. His record no pure. He needs to be careful going forward

My sentiments exactly!
The impact of this withdrawal goes beyond the direct shame or embarrassment it will cause him, rather he would now be seen as a persona non grata, or public enemy. Even the international community will get the message. In other words, he finished going forward.
Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by atiku07(m): 8:51pm On Aug 20, 2020
This Niggas dream of becoming a president have been sucessfully killed. Internet never forgets ! It keeps record.
Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by Mrpojj(m): 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2020
Islie:

PUNCH

Good one
Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by OBA117(m): 9:02pm On Aug 20, 2020
Good one!
Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by mabea: 9:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
RichBoy247:

It's normal to have a skull but it's abnormal to have a skull without brains

2 Likes

Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by angelfallz(m): 9:18pm On Aug 20, 2020
Severepains:
We all know lawyers he got arrested, Dadiyata has been missing under his jurisdiction and southern Kaduna killings go on unabated, he is not an embodiment of what the NBA should stand for.

Many of the lawyers in that same NBA are not an embodiment of what the NBA stands for. But that is not my argument.

My argument is that, this sort of ostracisation can be weaponised. I used the example of Trump to explain further.

El-Rufai should have been allowed to say his peace and go away, it would have neither increased nor decreased the NBA.

2 Likes

Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by Severepains: 9:28pm On Aug 20, 2020
Not good enough, he should seek another platform, we cant have cash and carry public foras any longer, we need role models not divisive people like that guy.
angelfallz:

Many of the lawyers in that same NBA are not an embodiment of what the NBA stands for. But that is not my argument.

My argument is that, this sort of ostracisation can be weaponised. I used the example of Trump to explain further.

El-Rufai should have been allowed to say his peace and go away, it would have neither increased nor decreased the NBA.

4 Likes

Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by Nyanabo(m): 9:46pm On Aug 20, 2020
RichBoy247:

Your Ignorance de smell.

Of course he wont die but its a big shame that his invitation was revoked. And to let him know Nigerians have been watching him.

2 Likes

Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by luluman: 9:51pm On Aug 20, 2020
RichBoy247:

You be mumu. Ode.

1 Like

Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by luluman: 9:55pm On Aug 20, 2020
Trumpcard05:
This is a very good development! Gradually these rulers must start knowing that they cannot deceive all the the people all the time.

This action gladdens me the more cos it is a call to awakening by Nigerians to see that we can let these rulers know that the people are not as dumb as they think.

For those who would come on here to disagree with this wonderful development on the grounds of ethnicity, religion and any of such other primordial sentiments, u are a fool, u are responsible for your own oppression and no one can help u!!

God bless Nigeria.
paragraph 1- very correct.
Paragraph 2- very correct.
But paragraph 3- please remove no insult, lest you look like HellRufire himself.
Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by luluman: 9:56pm On Aug 20, 2020
NIGERIANS GRADUALLY WAKING UP.
LONG LIVE NAIJA.
Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by Welcomme: 9:56pm On Aug 20, 2020
Danja:
Taking as if other parts of the north are not being killed by the same ppl. Southern Kaduna are creating unnecessary sympathy from the southern Christians who are being deceived to believe that the killing in southern Kaduna is religious one.
The difference between other states and Kaduna is that, the governors of other states like Katsina, Sokoto and Zamfara are not supporting the killers neither are they always changing the narratives to suit or justifying the killings the way Hell-rufai is doing... I am sure, if Masari, Matawalle or Tambuwal was invited, despite the killings in the their States, no one would have objected because everyone is seeing their sincerity in ending the killings compared to the religious bigot called Hell rufai that has shown in all his speeches and actions that he hates the people of southern Kaduna majorly because they are Christians... His popularity has greatly reduced... I am sad that I once like this man but religious extremism has taken the better part of him.

3 Likes

Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by Caroworld: 10:02pm On Aug 20, 2020
This is very heartwarming!
Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by RTSC: 10:02pm On Aug 20, 2020
Danja:
Taking as if other parts of the north are not being killed by the same ppl. Southern Kaduna are creating unnecessary sympathy from the southern Christians who are being deceived to believe that the killing in southern Kaduna is religious one.
There are no saints. We know that.

But people are dying.

To resolve this, you need a neutral and calm negotiator that can bring justice to both sides.

El rufai is not that person. He has taken sides with one group against the other, which means there may be no end to the crisis anytime soon.

And that is why we hold El rufai responsible.

1 Like

Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:08pm On Aug 20, 2020
As the adornment of a smile are white teeth, as a good child is the pride of a parent so is good character the jewel of a person.
Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by Csymb(m): 10:21pm On Aug 20, 2020
BETTER!!!✔️
Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:23pm On Aug 20, 2020
Good CHARACTER the jewel of a person
Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by pseudaria: 10:30pm On Aug 20, 2020
RichBoy247:

Shut up your stupid mouth, always talking like a big FOOL
Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by angelfallz(m): 10:32pm On Aug 20, 2020
Severepains:
Not good enough, he should seek another platform, we cant have cash and carry public foras any longer, we need role models not divisive people like that guy.

No problem. smiley
Re: Conference: NBA Withdraws Invitation To El-rufai by Bimpe29: 10:34pm On Aug 20, 2020
How I wish other professional bodies and civil society organizations can replicate same with regards to their relationship with any public servants seen to have been unethical.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Private Refineries Licensed By DPR (full List) / Nnamdi Chude Rearrested, SERAP Reacts / Gov Sule To Peter Obi: Politics Is Over, Please Support President Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.