Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? (56423 Views)

Man Destroys His Own House Because His First Wife Refused To Pack Out / Wife Fights Her Husband After She Was Told To Pack Out. Photos / Parents Buy Daughter A Car For Her Graduation As A Doctor In South Africa (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by pacespot(m): 4:43am On Aug 21, 2020
UDUJ:

MrBrownJay1 if the land his parents want him to get is in a choice location then he should not think twice. I bought a plot of land at Greenville Estate Ajah just close to co-operative villa for 1.6 m in 2012. That very plot of land now goes for nothing less than 10 to 12m. The dude is still young and industrious to be able to save that amount. And he can save more while still living with his parents. There is no shame there

1.6 million naira in 2012 is probably no different from 10 million naira in 2020 due to inflation and depreciation of naira against other major currencies.
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Parisian: 5:02am On Aug 21, 2020
Guy you re not ready to "face life as a man" if you don't know buying a land at 900k is better than renting at 800k.

As a man you need to learn to make proper investment decisions.

You have only 1.2m and you think it's wise to "waste" 800k on "furnishing a home to your taste"? Lol.

If moving out for you means spending more time drinking with your friends and using your house as a hang out and freedom to change women like wrapper then you need a rethink because there's absolutely nothing wrong in staying with your parents while your hustle more to fatten your bank account.
CuteVally:
It is not as easy as you think. packing and furniture to my taste will take nothing less than 800k. but i am 100% able to pay the yearly rent and take care of myself. while a land will take me nothing less than 900k but i will continue staying with my parents and i will then start husling for another money for rent again in years to come which wont be easy.

1 Like

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Parisian: 5:05am On Aug 21, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin
Zzor:
Isnt it a good thing to be a virgin as a man? i wonder why you guys think it's falling of hands for a guy to be virgin,be a good boy and remain decent.I have been searching for a virgin husband to marry within the age bracket of 30-35,it seems to be in total extinction but I'm still hoping,so you should be proud of your virginity as man,its a pride for men also
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Parisian: 5:07am On Aug 21, 2020
Oh you're actually a virgin...wow! Congratulations.

Please don't let anyone tell you it makes you less of a man. You're the real deal.
CuteVally:
Hmmm thanks. maybe because i am still a virgin because sex dont trip me. i have no desire for it but i know soon i might change though but with a special girl.
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Ibkay32(m): 5:08am On Aug 21, 2020
Zzor:
lol,seriously virgin men are so scarce,most of them lost it to sex workers as early as they started having erections.I just have to put it in prayers

do you really sure you're want virgin ??
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by PropertyBuying(f): 5:09am On Aug 21, 2020
ExBanker:
Dont pack out because you have N1million. Pack out because you have consistent income. Is the way you made the N1million consistent?
It's indeed a good advise. Thank you.
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Parisian: 5:09am On Aug 21, 2020
This girl don't kill me with laugh oo grin
Zzor:
lol,seriously virgin men are so scarce,most of them lost it to sex workers as early as they started having erections.I just have to put it in prayers
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by holuwajobar(m): 5:16am On Aug 21, 2020
This is what I think

Your source of income is not consistent coz I noticed the way you ignored questions about how consistent your income is.

Since it might not be consistent, buying that land is the best thing to do. It might not even be buying of land, it can be any other investment like buying of crypto currency and watch as it grows..

But I feel you have made up your mind to move out of your parents house , you just came to nairaland to brag about your 1million naira at the age of 25. I might be wrong though.

1 Like

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by olyrayy(m): 5:23am On Aug 21, 2020
CuteVally:
Hmmm thanks. maybe because i am still a virgin because sex dont trip me. i have no desire for it but i know soon i might change though but with a special girl.

Bro... No girl is special. That would save you a lot of future problems.
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by frozen70(f): 5:29am On Aug 21, 2020
CuteVally:
Good evening Nairalanders.

Please i need an advice on the next step i should take in life. I am a guy, 25 years of age and still living with my parents, though i am not jobless but recently my bank account just hit one million and 200 thousand naira.

So my parents are advising to buy a landed property in my home town that will take about 900 to 1 million naira. But the thing is that i am 25 and i feel at my age i should no longer be staying with my parents, so i want to rent a flat and furniture it to my taste, i feel it is time to move on, i need my freedom to finally face life like a man.

So my question is, should i purchase a landed property at 25 and continue living with my parents or pack out and start my Adult life. Note: i am not jobless".

Staying with your parents and buy a land I a good idea

Getting a rented apartment and furnishings it, to get your freedom to life and face your challenges comes with a price tag

You see that money with you has no value until you invest it
Once you rent an apartment, you will rock life to the fullest but if you don't take time with the kind of friends you keep both male and female, that will be the beginning of another careless life

I suggest you buy land in lagos nit your town unless you don't live in lagos, but if you live where your parents suggests you should but the land, then good

But if you are settled in Lagos, buy land in Lagos, while you are still living with them, start building it eve if it's self contain apartments like three or mini flats like three

Put them for rent when you finish it, take the rent money add it up and get accommodation in town and live there

The remaining part of the land, you build your own house, where your family will stay in future

Pls think twise, there should be no careless spending of that money, you will still enjoy your single life but get plan now first

1 Like

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by banio: 5:29am On Aug 21, 2020
CuteVally:

Please i need an advice on the next step i should take in life. I am a guy, 25 years of age and still living with my parents, though i am not jobless but recently my bank account just hit one million and 200 thousand naira.

So my parents are advising to buy a landed property in my home town that will take about 900 to 1 million naira. But the thing is that i am 25 and i feel at my age i should no longer be staying with my parents, so i want to rent a flat and furniture it to my taste, i feel it is time to move on, i need my freedom to finally face life like a man.

So my question is, should i purchase a landed property at 25 and continue living with my parents or pack out and start my Adult life. Note: i am not jobless".

Your Parents are GOLDEN. Their advise is PERFECT. Buying a land is like doing a business that You can never lose. Paying rent is a very big burden that You won't understand until your landlord starts insulting you. Even if you are consistent in paying your rent, your landlord will still throw jabs at You.
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by francisduru: 5:36am On Aug 21, 2020
More Investment
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by gare2510(m): 5:40am On Aug 21, 2020
Before I answer you, pls answer the following questions:
1. What do you do for a living and what is ur monthly take home
2. What do your parents do for a living, do you have any siblings that need to go through school
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Ugo4hotish(m): 5:57am On Aug 21, 2020
paulolee:
staying with ur parents isnt dt bad for now maybe till you stand your legs on the ground bcoz that ur 1.2 na still change for this current naija..
if u choose to packout and rent ur own place, that 1m wont last u for 3months except you have ur other sources of income that you aint telling...

Best reply ever
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Ezmans: 6:03am On Aug 21, 2020
CuteVally:

please buy land & hustle for more two to three years before you pack out, because house rent & house property I'll finish that money your parents are not pursing you
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Jimbadly: 6:03am On Aug 21, 2020
Zzor:
Isnt it a good thing to be a virgin as a man? i wonder why you guys think it's falling of hands for a guy to be virgin,be a good boy and remain decent.I have been searching for a virgin husband to marry within the age bracket of 30-35,it seems to be in total extinction but I'm still hoping,so you should be proud of your virginity as man,its a pride for men also

Hold up, hold up, I know you!

Are you not that 'virgin' whose boyfriend invited to a hotel and started touching you and finally used his tongue to give you a mind blowing sucking down there that made you orgasm real hard

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Ezmans: 6:05am On Aug 21, 2020
Ezmans:
please buy land & hustle for more two to three years before you pack out, because house rent & house property I'll finish that money your parents are not pursing you
don't move out in this pandemic period because you I'll regret, build your self before moving out
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Nobody: 6:06am On Aug 21, 2020
proclinician:
Haha at your age I had 3m still living with parents and taking it slowly. I won't advice that u buy a land and don't be too quick to move out. The most important thing is how do u continue to earn more money. This thought alone could lead u to starting a business and when you have bought the land or secures a apartment, how do u start the business then. At 25 u have a long way to go and throughout the journey, na money u need oo.
how did you made that type of money? Weren't you in school?
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by onime: 6:08am On Aug 21, 2020
Put half of that money in bank shares and half in fixed deposit. the profit from these investment will get you a house in 5 years time. that is when you should move out from your parents house. the profit from these investment can also get you a land if you leave them longer
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Godmademan(m): 6:10am On Aug 21, 2020
one of the most significant crippler of income is house rent. You may feel financially sufficient now because you are not paying rent now but once yiu start paying you will know whatsup. Besides staying alone will fast track your husband/fatherhood. I advice that you stay put and save another million to start an enterprise that can sustain you financially. Once you become papa born-boy things become tricky.
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Burgerlomo: 6:12am On Aug 21, 2020
uuzba:

No O. He must move out.
His body is scratching him. And he said he made the money legitimately.
He also said he made his first N1 million at age 22. So he's capable of getting the money.

But it's not a bad idea for him to be a landlord and be collecting rent from people instead of him paying someone else as a tenant.

1 Like

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Mobola33(m): 6:14am On Aug 21, 2020
Buoda...Jejely stay put with ur your parents unless if you are ready for marriage, Get a land and start building since you are employed..You can finish this in no time..once you start building you will love it and want to finish up quickly!! I made that mistake of moving out from my parent too early!! I 4 don build like 5 houses now sef!! But I thank God now.

2 Likes

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Teymanhenry(f): 6:15am On Aug 21, 2020
at 30, someone lives comfortably with his parents, started a business years back and is building his own house, 80% completion. depending on where you live, 1.2 may not be much, looking at expensive needed in furnishing an apartment. If you have a stable source of income and you are mentally matured enough. why not? but saying you wanna gain freedom promt me to ask this question. Are you enslaved in your parents house?
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by engela7(m): 6:15am On Aug 21, 2020
abdullahi45:

Which location would you advice one to get land from? Like how much is a plot?

Well I do not know where you're writing from so I cannot ascertain the price of land there.
But I would suggest you make enquiries so as to avoid mistakes.
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Nobody: 6:17am On Aug 21, 2020
lefulefu:
so if d virgin boy no sabi do are u ready to teach him in za oza room?
we will learn
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by iamdyoung: 6:17am On Aug 21, 2020
Op tell us wetin you de do. You be benefit boy??
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Nobody: 6:18am On Aug 21, 2020
Ibkay32:

do you really sure you're want virgin ??
are you a virgin?
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Nobody: 6:20am On Aug 21, 2020
Jimbadly:

Hold up, hold up, I know you!

At you not that 'virgin' whose boyfriend invited to a hotel and started touching you and finally used his tongue to give you a mind blowing sucking down there that made you orgasm real hard, and in your own words 'passed out something' from your veejay?
stop twisting my post and it's your problem if you didn't believe it was my friends story,deal with it
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by placeofallure(f): 6:22am On Aug 21, 2020
CuteVally:
Hmmmmm Honestly both your points are my reasons.

Then don't move yet. If there's no threat to you working harder and earning more under your parents, then stay a few more years and save more.

You could gather this much probably because you pay little or no bills. Money earned stays with you when you don't have to pay house rent, food money, NEPA bills, Water rates, TV subscription etc. They're shikinin money but they're still expenses. Be wise.
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by gbami(m): 6:24am On Aug 21, 2020
CuteVally:

Bro, I admire You..at this age you have a million plus in your account, not many Nigerian can boost of that... However it is very tempting too...
My advice to you is to invest the money ( buy the land), you will still have a lot about 300k to live in a self contained with bed, pillows and stove( if you want to leave your parents house).. Money will still come...Do you know why? Because you have done the most difficult task..the habit of savings...Since you have developed that habit..it gets easier..The most difficult million to get is the first million.
Thinking of renting a big flat and furnishing it will make you look cool, but nothing to show( no money in your account, no investment anywhere.) You will be just a guy with a fine apartment like millions of Nigerian that loves liabilities and no asset (lands, investment).Your fine house will also attract liabilities like girls( iPhone idiots) and fake friends ( make we go take one bottle guys).. Buy that land...in 10yrs time...that land will be worth 4-5million or more if major road mistakenly pass am..
Remember, life is a habit. Start the habit of investing in assets in 10-15yrs time...you will be worth more and girls that you want to impress(Fake girls) now will still be trying to Bleep you even when they are married.. Millionaire things bro.
Nobody cares about a sewege disposer, but when he suddenly becomes rich, his shitty body turns to elderado...
Buy the fucking land... You will still survive.

6 Likes

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by olaniyi900: 6:26am On Aug 21, 2020
This 1 million naira is a small money. Your parent advise is good, but the place they advice you to buy land which home town is not good. You can achieve being independent and get landed property.
My advice is you can use like #400k maximum for renting of property and for furniture and put #500k to #800k in buying landed property but not in your home town let it be in your state capital. Gradually you can furnish your rented property to your taste.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

Meet Anna And Lucy DeCinque, Identical Twin Sisters Who Share The Same Boyfriend / Beautiful Photo Of Identical Nigerian Twin Sisters / Pastor Prevents Wife’s Burial With ‘Bouncers' (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.