Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,253 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? (56385 Views)

Man Destroys His Own House Because His First Wife Refused To Pack Out / Wife Fights Her Husband After She Was Told To Pack Out. Photos / Parents Buy Daughter A Car For Her Graduation As A Doctor In South Africa (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
UDUJ:

The young ones these days have it lucky. See as I dey talk like one old man sef cheesy
haha u probably an old man trapped in a young guy"s body grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Acidosis(m): 9:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
Go and invest your money in a low or medium risk investment like mutual funds or agrictech/crowdfunding. In Agrictech, 1.2m can become 1.8m in a year.

At 25, you need to stay liquid, so avoid land or fixed assets, especially if you have to invest your life savings. You can't easily convert your land to cash so it's going to be a f00lish move to put your life savings on land. A time will come when you'll need that money and you won't see a buyer. Some buyers will come and offer half the cost of the land. Sometimes, you won't see a buyer even if you advertise for 5 years.

Agrictech is your best bet at 25. Your cash shouldnt be far from you. Cash is King!

As per packing out of your father's house, it's one of the mistakes many poor and average people make. Any small thing, I wan pack out, I wan pack out. You won't hear this nonsense from rich kids.

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Martinez39s(m): 9:12pm On Aug 20, 2020
Some people like making things hard for themselves. Your parents are not giving you hell or treating you like shit, your parents are not pressuring you to move out and they are not asking you to pay rent, yet you want to move out and pay unnecessary bills elsewhere just to be "free" (or perhaps feel like a man) just because you have one million naira. grin Mr Man, one million naira is nothing, don't let the poverty and hardship in this country make you think you have arrived. Your concern now should be how to grow your money up. If the land your parents want you to buy is good and money is guaranteed to keep flowing in, it is better you buy the land, it's a good and wise investment. Land prices increase with time. Don't go and unnecessarily up the bank account of any landlord.

21 Likes

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 20, 2020
UDUJ:

Lefu you are saying nothing but the gospel truth. During our time we never had people to advise us like it is nowadays. Some of us were just lucky to have that matured mind at a tender age and disciplined not to make bad decisions.

The young ones these days have it lucky. See as I dey talk like one old man sef cheesy

Lefu you don lose some weight o, you don dey gym. You wete looking good in the last picture I saw. Me I am still working on getting that elusive six pack abs cheesy
op is lucky cheesy..he has parents so i guess his parents would be experienced on the issue of money.He should try and get an advice from them cheesy

1 Like

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 20, 2020
UDUJ:

Lefu you are saying nothing but the gospel truth. During our time we never had people to advise us like it is nowadays. Some of us were just lucky to have that matured mind at a tender age and disciplined not to make bad decisions.

Lefu you don lose some weight o, you don dey gym. You wete looking good in the last picture I saw. Me I am still working on getting that elusive six pack abs cheesy
cheesy yes i work out and as for sixparks cheesy..no too crack ur head on sixparck cheesy cheesy..as long as u work out and have a decent shape u good to go.Even dwane johnson aka the rock has no defined sixparks and yet fintness experts use him as a sort of illustration in body fitness cheesy

1 Like

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Iceyjayzz(m): 9:16pm On Aug 20, 2020
Invest that money first, then when you have made enough you can now do anything you want..
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by SeunDobo(m): 9:19pm On Aug 20, 2020
you be Yahoo boy, you just chop money abi ? .... how 1.2 m naira go hit jobless man account like moku ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:30pm On Aug 20, 2020
lefulefu:
just imagine u bought some lands at an affordable price and one bank or two or one big company needs that land to build a structure..u can triple ur price and the company or bank will pay without flinching cheesy..as for waterlogged lands in lekki why would someone be going to purchase a waterlogged land grin grin..he should check the land he wants to buy nau cheesy.and as for the issue of living with the parents i am not saying he should live with his parents for ever nau.OP said he has been living with his parents even wen working and now that he has made 1 million he is thinking of moving to rent an apartment cheesy.dat means he will be dipping in hands into the million to pay rent and to furnish the home and before u know it the 1 million naira don go cheesy.since he wasnt able to afford to rent a home until the 1 million came along the best thing to do is stll stay with the parents for the main time and while he's with the parents he shuld still try and safe more.At least while with the parents he will still be getting free meals and wont be spending on food and what have u.during that time he should make good plans on what to do.moving out of the parents house is not the main issue now.If his parents are educated he could even get advice from them about the 1 million.If he moves now and goes to rent a place that 1 million wont reach 2 months grin grin grin.

bro, a bank buying your land is one out of A MILLION, and there are thousands of people who bought useless lands in Nigeria... here is a clue: all the waterlogged parcel of lands in and around Lekki have a owner.
as for staying with your parents at such an age, i guess to each their own. many desire their independence, and are tired of living under their parents roof. so you want him to buy lands so he can stay under his parents roof until he is 30, abi?

the dude is gainfully employed so he can get an apt and pay the rent, without having to spend the saved million.

there comes a time when a MAN has to leave the nest and discover what life is all about. being cocooned by your parents for too long can be counter productive

10 Likes

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2020
lefulefu:
i believe she said she was kidding grin grin grin grin grin grin..she didnt mean what she said grin..and on the issue of women if the woman really loves u she wouldnt spending all that 1 million.she will advice u on the way to safe it.Imagine ur babe is a banker...u would even need an advice with such a lady on the best way to invest.na one the babe no send u na im she go dey ask wen next una go go suya or sharwama joint to buy 50 k suya or sharwama since 10 million don land grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

you are talking about smart women, not women who automatically think of getting money for free, just because a dude saved money. forget that "joking one", these above ones na LIABILITY!...we know dem na! expert at killing a man's dream because of Brazilian hair and over inflated narrow minded mindset, already mentioning their favorite words: "stingy" etc
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by LINTUNE(m): 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2020
Zzor:
pack out and start facing your life like a man should,make use of the money wisely ,remember to spend on your fiancee too and don't be a stingy boyfriend lol. God bless you with more money,be a good boy and don't follow all this yeye Nairaland redpillers
obviously u are just being sarcastic...if he was ur junior bro, would u give him the same advice?i thank God for my kinda woman anyways, its hard to see women that dont feel entitled to a man's money..

1 Like

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 20, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

you are talking about smart women, not women who automatically think of getting money for free, just because a dude saved money. forget that "joking one", these above ones na LIABILITY!...we know dem na! expert at killing a man's dream because of Brazilian hair and over inflated narrow minded mindset etc
grin grin grin

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:39pm On Aug 20, 2020
lefulefu:
grin grin grin

didnt you see how she was quick to tell the dude to not be STINGY?!?!?! as if dashing money left right and center is now a new man's character!

4 Likes

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 20, 2020
CuteVally:
Good evening Nairalanders. please i need an advice on the next step i should take in life. I am a guy, 25 years of age and still living with my parents, though i am not jobless but recently my bank account just hit one million and 200 thousand naira. So my parents are advising to buy a landed property in my home town that will take about 900 to 1 million naira. But the thing is that i am 25 and i feel at my age i should no longer be staying with my parents, so i want to rent a flat and furniture it to my taste, i feel it is time to move on, i need my freedom to finally face life like a man. So my question is, should i purchase a landed property at 25 and continue living with my parents or pack out and start my Adult life. Note: i am not jobless" cc: lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique
Listen to me;
Find an area with 5-10 years prospect in real estate buy a piece of land, say between 50 by 50 ft, or 100 by 50 ft not costing more than 500k and below, settle ur parent with at least 50k and below, if you can afford to stay alone do it, if you can’t afford it stay with ‘em a little while, use the remaining change to find a business that suits ur lifestyle; say phone importation from Amazon or anything appealing to your taste. Gradually grow your wealth while waiting for your real estate investment to mature. Don’t rush!!!!

10 Likes

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Albertone(m): 9:51pm On Aug 20, 2020
Zzor:
And I enjoy it. :PAnd I enjoy it.
Are you rozz?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 20, 2020
Zzor:
Isnt it a good thing to be a virgin as a man? i wonder why you guys think it's falling of hands for a guy to be virgin,be a good boy and remain decent.I have been searching for a virgin husband to marry within the age bracket of 30-35,it seems to be in total extinction but I'm still hoping,so you should be proud of your virginity as man,its a pride for men also
You will only marry a virgin only if you're also a virgin
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 20, 2020
Zzor:
lol,seriously virgin men are so scarce,most of them lost it to sex workers as early as they started having erections.I just have to put it in prayers
Wait why are you looking for a virgin man to marry
When you yourself is no longer a virgin
Why are you girls so cruel like this
Later now they will say we men are wicked
I want to curse you now but I don't know the type of generational stamping curse I'll give you angry

1 Like

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 20, 2020
MJBOLT:
shameless thing,it's now she's looking for a husband after seeing a millionaire

Can you imagine
Bro just dey look her
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by omorttee4u(m): 10:03pm On Aug 20, 2020
UDUJ:

MrBrownJay1 if the land his parents want him to get is in a choice location then he should not think twice. I bought a plot of land at Greenville Estate Ajah just close to co-operative villa for 1.6 m in 2012. That very plot of land now goes for nothing less than 10 to 12m. The dude is still young and industrious to be able to save that amount. And he can save more while still living with his parents. There is no shame there

I will have to complement this message. Many people don't read the mind of op's parent. If he wouldn't buy the land in the village, he can buy somewhere it can be more appreciative and as well liveable for him.

See op, the wise youth are now Landlord, not running for house rent yearly. Your parent want the best for you. But not in the village, around where you make income.

4 Likes

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 20, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Wait why are you looking for a virgin man to marry
When you yourself is no longer a virgin
Why are you girls so cruel like this
Later now they will say we men are wicked
I want to curse you now but I don't know the type of generational stamping curse I'll give you angry
i hate non virgin men,please go away mtcheww

1 Like

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
Albertone:
Many people don't seem to like you here.
Bro am part of the many angry

1 Like

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Mayng01(m): 10:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
K
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by nomenclature(m): 10:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
The day a child's trap catches an antelope ,he/she will say everyone should start cooking their own meal.
CuteVally:
Good evening Nairalanders.

Please i need an advice on the next step i should take in life. I am a guy, 25 years of age and still living with my parents, though i am not jobless but recently my bank account just hit one million and 200 thousand naira.

So my parents are advising to buy a landed property in my home town that will take about 900 to 1 million naira. But the thing is that i am 25 and i feel at my age i should no longer be staying with my parents, so i want to rent a flat and furniture it to my taste, i feel it is time to move on, i need my freedom to finally face life like a man.

So my question is, should i purchase a landed property at 25 and continue living with my parents or pack out and start my Adult life. Note: i am not jobless".

4 Likes

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Kemimarch16(f): 10:06pm On Aug 20, 2020
Buy land o

1 Like

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by ORBLIGHTS(m): 10:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
SO THIS OP IS TALKING ABOUT ME? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
CuteVally:

Please i need an advice on the next step i should take in life. I am a guy, 25 years of age and still living with my parents, though i am not jobless but recently my bank account just hit one million and 200 thousand naira.

So my parents are advising to buy a landed property in my home town that will take about 900 to 1 million naira. But the thing is that i am 25 and i feel at my age i should no longer be staying with my parents, so i want to rent a flat and furniture it to my taste, i feel it is time to move on, i need my freedom to finally face life like a man.

So my question is, should i purchase a landed property at 25 and continue living with my parents or pack out and start my Adult life. Note: i am not jobless".

That money is a huge capital for investment. You don't eat capital . Invest the capital and use the interest to rent a house . That's almost the same thing I did . One or 2 months interest should be enough to rent your house

3 Likes

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by mightyhazell: 10:09pm On Aug 20, 2020
them go soon smother this boy with scam mentions and even begging ...

2 Likes

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by streetsoldier1(m): 10:09pm On Aug 20, 2020
CuteVally:

Let me shock you, i made my first million at the age of two!!! Buy more books, read and get motivated, rent small apartment and do business alongside your regular work....₦1m na small money ooo
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Lee99: 10:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
CuteVally:

Op just rent a house and have your peace of mind that’s my candid advice to you, the land you can always do that later in life or do you plan on building a house while living with your parents? And also Buying a land in your home states is not advisable unless you live in your home state it’s pointless. Bro you are 25 and a man you need your own privacy, Imagine your girlfriend wanting to visit you but can’t because you live with your parents doesn’t sound nice. So just rent and have your privacy and peace of mind

1 Like

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Nwaceci1234(f): 10:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
If I will advise You, I will tell You to listen to your parents advise and also take it easy in whatever You do, and pray over any decisions you want to make to avoid mistake. Remain blessed

1 Like

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
Zzor:
Isnt it a good thing to be a virgin as a man? i wonder why you guys think it's falling of hands for a guy to be virgin,be a good boy and remain decent.I have been searching for a virgin husband to marry within the age bracket of 30-35,it seems to be in total extinction but I'm still hoping,so you should be proud of your virginity as man,its a pride for men also
see this one o
werey grin
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by YouareaBITCH(f): 10:12pm On Aug 20, 2020
The advice you should take

Don’t park out yet. Give it like 2 more years, Make more money and set up a side hustle aside your job. Thank me later.

4 Likes

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by womenareapes: 10:12pm On Aug 20, 2020
CuteVally:

were did you get the money from?

at that age in Nigeria savings alone can't produce up to 1million even if you are working!

guy! you are doing something fishy like yahoo plus ultra

for you to start planning of renting a house and furniture it without thinking of business or any investment to venture into! seems like there is something fishy.

don't be like your brother hushpuppi

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

See The Kind Of Picture A Guy Took With His Mom (photo) / Twins Burnt To Death In Calabar After Mother Went To Meet Boyfriend (Graphic) / Man Pictured Gropping His Wife's Butt Infront Of A Catholic Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.