Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,225 members, 7,825,865 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer (1233 Views)

Is This Quotation For 3 Bedroom Reasonable? / Please This Quotation Is It Too Much / Please I Need To Review This Quotation With The Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by bablex(m): 2:16pm On Aug 21, 2020
Good afternoon nairalanders, please help me confirm if this quotation is too much for a four bedroom ensuite from foundation to roofing and plastering only

Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by Orubebe01: 2:24pm On Aug 21, 2020
Am not an engineer. They will soon arrive.

But I must say that ₦11m is on the high side.

2 Likes

Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by hisgrace090: 2:43pm On Aug 21, 2020
Bungalow or upstair?
Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by Artiiclebeast: 2:45pm On Aug 21, 2020
If na bungalow e be like say the engineer wan do first to finish with you because as him dey dig your foundation him go dey dig him own follow.

It is well.

Abeg make una check my signature for better tori

6 Likes

Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by bablex(m): 2:57pm On Aug 21, 2020
hisgrace090:
Bungalow or upstair?
bungalow..like the picture below but the quotation does not include plumbing, painting, electrical work.. just foundation and building with roofing.. no pop yet sef

Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by Googleus(m): 3:17pm On Aug 21, 2020
location of the site matters..

this cost is OK for islanders or those in trouble zones..

but for low cost location, 7m should be more than OK..

but his supervision cost is low, considering the cost of transportation, phonecalls and medications ..

Op, seek alternative BOQ b4 making decision, but remember with the kind of picture u uploaded, ur cost of finishing will be 80% of cost of structural/building
Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by Orubebe01: 3:18pm On Aug 21, 2020
The cost is on a high side
Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by Jomafuvwe: 3:19pm On Aug 21, 2020
bablex:
bungalow..like the picture below but the quotation does not include plumbing, painting, electrical work.. just foundation and building with roofing.. no pop yet sef

Hello bro, I’m quite intrigued by the photo of this house you uploaded. If your plan translates to this, kindly share the house plan with a brother as I’m also looking to build a 4 bedroom bungalow just like this, just want to start moulding blocks now.
Tegose98@gmail.com
I’ll be very grateful.
Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by SEGLIZ: 3:19pm On Aug 21, 2020
bablex:

how many bedrooms?
irrespective of the number of bedrooms, for a bungalow that amount is on the high side, your location though.
Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by bablex(m): 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2020
Googleus:
location of the site matters..

this cost is OK for islanders or those in trouble zones..

but for low cost location, 7m should be more than OK..

but his supervision cost is low, considering the cost of transportation, phonecalls and medications ..

Op, seek alternative BOQ b4 making decision, but remember with the kind of picture u uploaded, ur cost of finishing will be 80% of cost of structural/building
location is at Ibadan.
Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by bablex(m): 3:28pm On Aug 21, 2020
SEGLIZ:

how many bedrooms?
irrespective of the number of bedrooms, for a bungalow that amount is on the high side, your location though.

it is a four bedroom bungalow and location is Ibadan
Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by SEGLIZ: 4:18pm On Aug 21, 2020
bablex:

it is a four bedroom bungalow and location is Ibadan

that this is on the high side I would repeat.
his supervision fee might be responsible but truth he has placed the real cost as hiding changes that has being embedded in all other workmanship fee.
this the more reason you see some people supervise their projects themselves. get a reasonable quantity surveyor to quantify the structural plan. after doing this run your price check of every material needed to know where to get the best at reasonable price.
if the quantifier or valuer say, you'll be needing 6000 bricks, even if it is on the high you know you'll buy bit by bit, same goes for sand and other materials that would be given in quotation but would never be brought to site. you'll have supervise yourself.
look for a good bricklayer with experience negotiate charges, don't negotiate daily payment with same but place him on contract.
negotiating daily pay would only make things worse. he might charge 3000-3500 for himself and between 1500-2500 for his labours, this way they reap you off by wasting time (days) on the project as result of them extending their work days which would keep costing you more.
but if on contract they don't waste time for they are running at lost spending more time on your project. if your material and finance can take you to lintel or roofing level you agree on what amount he would charge to finish up. the number of day they spent in working isn't your business any longer. you pay them in part (probably twice) then balance them on delivering.

1 Like

Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by rotecch77(m): 4:34pm On Aug 21, 2020
SEGLIZ:

his supervision fee might be responsible but truth he has placed the real cost as hiding changes that has being embedded in all other workmanship fee.
this the more reason you see some people supervise their projects themselves. get a reasonable quantity surveyor to quantify the structural plan. after doing this run your price check of every material needed to know where to get the best at reasonable price.
if the quantifier or valuer say, you'll be needing 6000 bricks, even if it is on the high you know you'll buy bit by bit, same goes for sand and other materials that would be given in quotation but would never be brought to site. you'll have supervise yourself.
look for a good bricklayer with experience negotiate charges, don't negotiate daily payment with same but place him on contract.
negotiating daily pay would only make things worse. he might charge 3000-3500 for himself and between 1500-2500 for his labours, this way they reap you off by wasting time (days) on the project as result of them extending their work days which would keep costing you more.
but if on contract they don't waste time for they are running at lost spending more time on your project. if your material and finance can take you to lintel or roofing level you agree on what amount he would charge to finish up. the number of day they spent in working isn't your business any longer. you pay them in part (probably twice) then balance them on delivering.

You spoke well, he can get another quotation or to negotiate how much he can pay
But you get it TOTALLY WRONG by advising him to look for bricklayer to handle the job
If problem occurred in nearest future or while construction is ongoing you will be the one to ask him to run down here to seek for professional advice.
He knows the quality of structure he want before he engage the service of professional to handle the job.
Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by hisgrace090: 4:39pm On Aug 21, 2020
bablex:

Can you state the dimension of the house pls?
Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by boay(m): 11:48pm On Aug 22, 2020
SEGLIZ:

I am a Quantity Surveyor (QS)
Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by boay(m): 11:49pm On Aug 22, 2020
bablex:
Good afternoon nairalanders, please help me confirm if this quotation is too much for a four bedroom ensuite from foundation to roofing and plastering only

This is on the high side bro.
Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by SEGLIZ: 5:51am On Aug 23, 2020
boay:

I am a Quantity Surveyor (QS)

@boay, if you are then you've got to save one of our brother from the vampires.
how do you help him out with quantification of his plan?

1 Like

Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by trumpcoat(m): 8:09am On Aug 23, 2020
It's bit high, especially cost of stones and sand
Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by Zabiboy: 8:55am On Aug 23, 2020
bablex:

You sef know say the price is outrageous...
For supervisor to allocate only 150k for himself, it shows he has other means to loot wink ..
Raising a bungalow to roofing shouldn't cost this much( if you supervise and buy the materials yourself)....the main money is in the finishing...
Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by Mystic1(m): 1:19pm On Aug 23, 2020
I see a lot of people suggesting the amount is too much, how much do you suggest is perfect for the project?
Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by boay(m): 3:02pm On Aug 23, 2020
SEGLIZ:

@boay, if you are then you've got to save one of our brother from the vampires.
how do you help him out with quantification of his plan?

He can reach me via 0 7 0 3 7 5 9 0 8 7 7 with the drawings.

This is my general advice:

If you are building through direct labour, get material and labour schedule from a QS (I can do this for you). Buy the quantities of materials stated in the material schedule. Negotiate the labour cost base on the amount in the labour schedule. Supervise it yourself or get someone you will negotiate with for supervision It is that simple.

This is the best way I know to get the best deal/bargain. It will save you a lot.

But many people are penny wise and pound stupid
Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by SEGLIZ: 6:09pm On Aug 23, 2020
boay:

He can reach me via 0 7 0 3 7 5 9 0 8 7 7 with the drawings.

This is my general advice:

If you are building through direct labour, get material and labour schedule from a QS (I can do this for you). Buy the quantities of materials stated in the material schedule. Negotiate the labour cost base on the amount in the labour schedule. Supervise it yourself or get someone you will negotiate with for supervision It is that simple.

This is the best way I know to get the best deal/bargain. It will save you a lot.

But many people are penny wise and pound stupid

@bablex someone is here to our rescue if you won't mind.
Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by SEGLIZ: 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2020
Oyo28:
[s][/s]

who is ruler again o?
òrísirísi somebodies on nairaland.
@Oyo28 why are you rulering my comment o?
cheesycheesycheesy
gringringrin
Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by SEGLIZ: 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2020
it seem quite obvious you were the other engineer with the outrageous quotation.
sorry we spoilt the show, we are such a bad cool. cheesygrincheesygrincheesygrin
Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by SEGLIZ: 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2020
Ibadan28:
[s][/s]

Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by Afolabi517(m): 9:33pm On Aug 23, 2020
As a certified site engineer, the above quote is extremely high. Let me break it down.

A 4 bedroom bungalow will need 3500 -4000 blocks at most. And not 6000+ blocks.

For every 100 blocks 1 bag of cement is needed for the mortar.

That means on a normal scale, you only need 60+ bags of cement for the block laying according to his quote and not 200+ bags of cement.

Also 20 tons of sharp sand cost #25 - #35k here in Ibadan and not that extreme high price in the quote.

For the block laying of 4 bedroom ensuite highest workmanship shouldn't be more than #250k and not #750k he wrote in the quote. Their is a lot of inflation of materials, prices and even workmanship.

An engineer like him tarnished the image of we engineers, this is one of the reasons why people run away from engineers.

If you need a good and free quote for your building, free of charge contact me on +2347046517600. I can also give you free building construction consultation service.

If you don't mind, our company can help you to do a better construction at an affordable price. This price is way too expensive to me. We can help to work with your budget. More so, we are located at Ibadan, and we kick against inflation of cost of construction
bablex:

Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by Afolabi517(m): 9:29am On Aug 24, 2020
Here is the recent work done by our company at Ibadan, 2 (3 bedroom flat ensuite). The total money spent so far is #10.5m, which includes the stone coated roof installation, 1st running full conduit plumbing, pipe laying for the electrical and borehole drilling.

The question is why should 4 bedroom flats now cost that much?

1 Like

Re: Please Nairalanders, Help Me Check This Quotation By An Engineer by Veniccocasaly(m): 12:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
Wow nice analysis engineer. Hope your supervision fee won't be expensive?
Afolabi517:
As a certified site engineer, the above quote is extremely high. Let me break it down.

A 4 bedroom bungalow will need 3500 -4000 blocks at most. And not 6000+ blocks.

For every 100 blocks 1 bag of cement is needed for the mortar.

That means on a normal scale, you only need 60+ bags of cement for the block laying according to his quote and not 200+ bags of cement.

Also 20 tons of sharp sand cost #25 - #35k here in Ibadan and not that extreme high price in the quote.

For the block laying of 4 bedroom ensuite highest workmanship shouldn't be more than #250k and not #750k he wrote in the quote. Their is a lot of inflation of materials, prices and even workmanship.

An engineer like him tarnished the image of we engineers, this is one of the reasons why people run away from engineers.

If you need a good and free quote for your building, free of charge contact me on +2347046517600. I can also give you free building construction consultation service.

If you don't mind, our company can help you to do a better construction at an affordable price. This price is way too expensive to me. We can help to work with your budget. More so, we are located at Ibadan, and we kick against inflation of cost of construction

(1) (2) (Reply)

…………..For Sale Luxury 4 Bedroom Fully Detached Duplex ( Osapa Lekki ) / Japa Sales: Cheap Household Items / Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.