Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day (56115 Views)

VIDEO: President-elect Bola Tinubu Breaks Fast (iftar) With Family And Friends I / Oyetola Submitting Governorship Election Petition In The Tribunal In Osogbo / EndSARS: Omokri’s Petition Against Buhari Removed From Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by zamport1: 5:03pm On Aug 21, 2020
DISCOVER THIS BUSINESS I'M CURRENTLY DOING AND MAKING UP TO ₦25K WEEKLY OR MORE WITH MY PHONE AND FROM HOME LEGITIMATELY.
For Example:
1. Invite 1 people, you would be paid 1 x ₦1500 = ₦1,500
2. Invite 10 people, you would be paid 10 x ₦1500 = ₦15,000
3. 50 People, you would be paid 50 x ₦1500 = ₦75,000
4. 100 people, you would be paid 100 x ₦1500= ₦150,000
5. 1000 x ₦1500 = ₦1.5M
NOTE: All payments goes directly into your bank account
Check my Signature for more details.
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Guyman02: 5:03pm On Aug 21, 2020
He has all this money and Iragbiji his hometown is like this grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by RTSC: 5:03pm On Aug 21, 2020
Officialgarri:
Igbos sign petition against Tinubu. Let's be specific here cheesy
Indirectly saying igbos have more sense than everybody in your ethnic group.

4 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 21, 2020
rasco2000me:
I HV not since any mumu that surpass u in all my entire life,Shai,na person born u so,u must be a mistake

2 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 21, 2020
I totally support this.. ALL CORRUPT ELEMENTS AND OLD HAGS MUST ALL GO DOWN BEFORE 2023..

-We must fight a fight..

4 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by socialmediaman: 5:05pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:
cool
Mumu omokirikiri

How exactly did he know the contents of the Bullion van

Are you the one being referred to on the post?

https://www.nairaland.com/6042068/how-solve-problem-corruption-rigging

1 Like

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by akinsmyk(m): 5:05pm On Aug 21, 2020
It's a big joke and waste of time to think EFCC will investigate and prosecute Tinubu. They are one, the same party, same government. Don't be surprised that Tinubu might be indirectly calling some shots in the agency.

EFCC may save face and investigate Tinubu and says he's innocent, what about that? Who in that EFCC leadership does Tinubu not know about their corrupt practices too.

Can't you guys just see that you're wasting your time? Tinubu is like a smuggler that wants to smuggle in rice and frozen foods into the country but had settled all ogas at the top and has gotten a pass. What else do you want the ogas to investigate?

All of them are corrupt and they all know their hidden secrets and atrocities. We masses are just wasting our time.

Revolution, restructuring or we should just divide the country will be a new beginning. Until then, Nigeria is far from getting better

2 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by pahoehoe: 5:06pm On Aug 21, 2020
This is a perfect example of futility. Check out the links on my signature if you want to invest in Ibeju Lekki plots of land.

1 Like

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by rexchazy(m): 5:07pm On Aug 21, 2020
lol finishing. Please help me school the idiot
rescuenaija:
Let me quote from the link you provided:

The Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 makes it ILLEGAL for any individual to accept or make any cash payment that exceeds N5m (Five Million Naira). This means that every cash transaction over N5m must be done via a financial institution.

Perhaps you did not read your own link. I know Bola Tinubu is paying you. But love Nigeria enough not to allow alleged criminals determine your future.

2 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Zetty177x: 5:08pm On Aug 21, 2020
I wanna sign, after all his activities,he wants to interfere in Edo?...Edo nor be Lagos..I'm signing that petition

3 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by fredoooooo: 5:08pm On Aug 21, 2020
Where did omokriminal see 10 taaasan people, omo ole grin cheesy grin cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Kenn55: 5:09pm On Aug 21, 2020
I can't believe my eyes

This is why i keep telling people that no matter your love for Nigeria and hope that it will get better tomorrow, the fact and reality is that the country is dead and buried.

See how people are defending corruption like their life depends on it.

Corruption is only corruption when they people accused are the ones you hate, when they are those you love, it is no longer corruption. No country will ever make progress with this mindset.
Guys, if you have what it takes to establish another home outside Nigeria, do that now before it is too late.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by amakadlite(f): 5:10pm On Aug 21, 2020
iyatrustee:

The Onus to prove that the contents of that Bullion van exceeded N5million will be on the petitioners, going by your logic. Until they can prove that a crime had been commited, their petition won't hold water.

madam are you talking about 5million that my small hand bag can swallow enough and still have space? do you know how much a
bullion van can carry even if it is the lowest denomination? I don't know what you people just take others for.

3 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by mkpologwu(m): 5:10pm On Aug 21, 2020
rescuenaija:
I apologise if you felt offended by my use it the word incompetent.

I only used it because you were wrongly citing the Money Laundering Act. I was not referring to your opinions.

You are entitled to your opinions, but not the facts

I didn't see where you called her incompetent. I didn't even see the word "incompetent" in your response. You said the issue should be left for more competent people, which means she is competent but some other persons are more competent.

I commend you for apologising anyways even though you did no wrong.

That said, if we as a people fail to question these politicians or keep holding brief for them, I'm sorry we are doomed forever!!!

4 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Marine54(m): 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2020
OgbanjeProphet:
Waste of time shocked

Tinubu is untouchable tongue
Remember every day is for the thief and one day is for the own of the house !

1 Like

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Didi2d(m): 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2020
I saw this petition stuff on Facebook and I thought its an old petition.
So this guy still dey on Tinubu's neck?

Since Tinubu left office in 2007 he hasn't worked for the government neither has he held any political position, but his name keeps flying around here and there. This guy must be so powerful

7 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Kestolove(m): 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2020
Pdp people no reach 15000 so na dia e go stop

1 Like

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by michoim(m): 5:12pm On Aug 21, 2020
EFCC will not go on a futile journey, because there is no evidence of the bullian van content...

2 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Ogbenison1: 5:14pm On Aug 21, 2020
DEAD ON ARRIVAL......USELESS PETITION WITH USELESS PEOPLE.

celinajumbo11:
The petition urging the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to investigate a former Governor of Lagos, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has reached 10,000 signatures in just one day. This is a record, as no political petition on Nigeria has reached such numbers in so short a period of time.

The petition is specifically calling on the EFCC to investigate Bola Tinubu for contravening the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act of 2011, by having bullion vans ferry alleged large sums of money into his house on the eve of the 2019 Presidential election.

It will be recalled that on the eve of the 2019 Presidential elections, drone imagery showed bullion vans ferrying suspected monies into Mr. Tinubu’s Bourdilon residence. The next day, in an interview with Channel Television’s Seun Okinbaloye, Mr. Tinubu was asked “the allegations are that those bullion vans carry money or ballots”, before he could finish asking his question, Mr. Tinubu interjected and said “Is it my money or government money? I don’t work for government...even if I have money to spend in my premises, what’s your headache?”

However, the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 (and the amendment to the Act in 2012) makes it a crime for any individual to accept or make any cash payment that exceeds ₦5 million.

Yet, 18 months after this incident, Mr. Tinubu has not been investigated by the EFCC, which has tried others for lesser malfeasances.

The petition started by Reno Omokri, a bestselling author and activist, seeks to compel the EFCC to fulfil its constitutional responsibilities.

By virtue of the Economic and Financial Crimes commision Establishment act (2004), the law mandates the EFCC to combat financial and economic crimes. The Commission is empowered to prevent, investigate, prosecute and penalise economic and financial crimes and is charged with the responsibility of enforcing the provisions of other laws and regulations relating to economic and financial crimes.

Reno Omokri
Gospeller. Deep Thinker. #1 Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Avid traveller. Hollywood Magazine Film Festival Humanitarian of the Year, 2019.

Source link: https://web.facebook.com/1152008079/posts/10222537868012741/?d=n&_rdc=1&_rdr

2 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by wellmax(m): 5:14pm On Aug 21, 2020
rescuenaija:
Let me quote from the link you provided:

The Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 makes it ILLEGAL for any individual to accept or make any cash payment that exceeds N5m (Five Million Naira). This means that every cash transaction over N5m must be done via a financial institution.

Perhaps you did not read your own link. I know Bola Tinubu is paying you. But love Nigeria enough not to allow alleged criminals determine your future.

Thrash. This won't fly anywhere.

Did Tinubu withdraw the money (which you don't even know the value yet) as an individual or in the name of his companies?
Did he pay anyone cash in excess of N5M.
If you answer in the affirmative, do you have proofs. Lets leave sentiments aside and argue this matter on the basis of fairness.
These are questions that you must ask before signing any yeye petition.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Belleful: 5:15pm On Aug 21, 2020
I hope omokri d goat will come and submit the petition himself.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by mkpologwu(m): 5:15pm On Aug 21, 2020
rexchazy:
lol finishing. Please help me school the idiot

I know how you feel......, I actually feel worse because people who are supposed to be questioning these so called elites are defending them, but your choice of word "idiot" is bad please.

2 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Didi2d(m): 5:15pm On Aug 21, 2020
amakadlite:
madam are you talking about 5million that my small hand bag can swallow enough and still have space? do you know how much a
bullion van can carry even if it is the lowest denomination? I don't know what you people just take others for.

Yes! You're been logical, but when you get to the court and see how people are been set free even though they seem guilty. Na there you go no say Tinubu fit use bullion van carry him golden wristwatch

11 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by RTSC: 5:15pm On Aug 21, 2020
Officialgarri:
Igbos sign petition against Tinubu. Let's be specific here cheesy

No, it is the reverse and I can tell you why.

You see the law is being misunderstood by urchins like you cheesy

I have personally moved money worth more than #50million in cash (money isn't mine though) but as long as the money is withdrawn under a business name, then there's no law against you.

Tinubu owns more that 10 companies and you wouldn't be dumb to expect him to make such a heavy transaction using his personal account.
Mr Man shut up.

Tinubu's wife already said youths like you camp in their house everyday looking for money and constituting nuisance, yet you don't want to hear.

Defending a corrupt multi millionaire in dollars when you never chop since morning.

3 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Tflex01: 5:16pm On Aug 21, 2020
The intention of the petitioner is very malicious though. cool
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Ogbenison1: 5:17pm On Aug 21, 2020
DEAD ON ARRIVAL......USELESS PETITION WITH USELESS PEOPLE.

JAGABAN NIGHTMARE OF USELESS WAILERS[color=#990000][/color]

celinajumbo11:
The petition urging the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to investigate a former Governor of Lagos, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has reached 10,000 signatures in just one day. This is a record, as no political petition on Nigeria has reached such numbers in so short a period of time.

The petition is specifically calling on the EFCC to investigate Bola Tinubu for contravening the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act of 2011, by having bullion vans ferry alleged large sums of money into his house on the eve of the 2019 Presidential election.

It will be recalled that on the eve of the 2019 Presidential elections, drone imagery showed bullion vans ferrying suspected monies into Mr. Tinubu’s Bourdilon residence. The next day, in an interview with Channel Television’s Seun Okinbaloye, Mr. Tinubu was asked “the allegations are that those bullion vans carry money or ballots”, before he could finish asking his question, Mr. Tinubu interjected and said “Is it my money or government money? I don’t work for government...even if I have money to spend in my premises, what’s your headache?”

However, the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 (and the amendment to the Act in 2012) makes it a crime for any individual to accept or make any cash payment that exceeds ₦5 million.

Yet, 18 months after this incident, Mr. Tinubu has not been investigated by the EFCC, which has tried others for lesser malfeasances.

The petition started by Reno Omokri, a bestselling author and activist, seeks to compel the EFCC to fulfil its constitutional responsibilities.

By virtue of the Economic and Financial Crimes commision Establishment act (2004), the law mandates the EFCC to combat financial and economic crimes. The Commission is empowered to prevent, investigate, prosecute and penalise economic and financial crimes and is charged with the responsibility of enforcing the provisions of other laws and regulations relating to economic and financial crimes.

Reno Omokri
Gospeller. Deep Thinker. #1 Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Avid traveller. Hollywood Magazine Film Festival Humanitarian of the Year, 2019.

Source link: https://web.facebook.com/1152008079/posts/10222537868012741/?d=n&_rdc=1&_rdr

1 Like

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Iceberg3: 5:19pm On Aug 21, 2020
[s]
techmo:
cool

Mumu omokirikiri

How exactly did he know the contents of the Bullion van

The Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 (and the amendment to the Act in 2012) makes it a crime for any individual to accept or make any cash payment that exceeds ₦5 million.

Personal cash withdrawal isn't Cash Payment

Mumu omokirikiri thinks the scenario is like

EFCC officers: knock knock Budillion Gateman open up the gate

Gate man, DSS and Police details: welcome Mr EFCC

EFCC officers: Mumu Omokirikiri gave us a petition that a Bullion van drove in to Budillion drive Ikoyi and entered your residence on the eve of a Presidential election

Gate man, DSS and Police details: so Mr EFCC and mumu omokirikiri what is the offense, are bullion vans unlawful ? Atleast mere Private fueling stations, hotels WAEC, NECO all use Bullion security vans, and can you show us any evidence money was in the van or if any cash exceeding 5million was in the van as at that time

[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by steppin: 5:19pm On Aug 21, 2020
iyatrustee:

Nobody is responding on his behalf sir. You can also go easy on your choice of words. I have my opinion just like you have yours, i didnt choose to call you incompetent!

Make your side of the arguement known and allow mine.
He did not call you incompetent, rather he said, "more competent people".
That means, you're competent, but not enough to answer for Tinubu grin
English hard o!

3 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by anonimi: 5:19pm On Aug 21, 2020
Guyman02:
He has all this money and Iragbiji his hometown is like this grin

Why are you exposing Ogbeni Ojuyobo laik dis cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by PureFace1(m): 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2020
RTSC:

Indirectly saying igbos have more sense than everybody in your ethnic group.

They have more sense but have not sign the same petition against politicians that are looting their destiny in their Potopoto region. grin

9 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Openbusiness: 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2020
Mtchwwwwwww... people are being slaughtered back to back, terrorized and oppressed by different criminal terrorists groups all across the country, but na Tinubu matter dem carry for head like gala. Rubbish! Instead of them to do petition to report Buhari regime to Hague for its complicit attitude of indifference towards the thousands of Nigerian citizens being killed across the country. I'm yet to see any hashtag for BLACK NIGERIAN LIVES MATTER sad

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

People Feared Dead At Buhari’s Rally In Jalingo, Taraba State. Photos / Fayose Wears Military Attire For Budget Presentation At Ekiti House Of Assembly / President Tinubu Gives Macron's Wife A Peck (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.