Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,051 members, 7,828,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day (56196 Views)

VIDEO: President-elect Bola Tinubu Breaks Fast (iftar) With Family And Friends I / Oyetola Submitting Governorship Election Petition In The Tribunal In Osogbo / EndSARS: Omokri’s Petition Against Buhari Removed From Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by anonimi: 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2020
Ogbenison1:
DEAD ON ARRIVAL......USELESS PETITION WITH USELESS PEOPLE.
JAGABAN NIGHTMARE OF USELESS WAILERS

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10403239_1037000020191010185832jpeg6fb8a2f2e9bc057c5a6666b4c2854a9c_jpeg373f54eea5751b32e52962e1e7a9fc65

3 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:
cool

Mumu omokirikiri

How exactly did he know the contents of the Bullion van

The Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 (and the amendment to the Act in 2012) makes it a crime for any individual to accept or make any cash payment that exceeds ₦5 million.

Personal cash withdrawal isn't Cash Payment

Mumu omokirikiri thinks the scenario is like

EFCC officers: knock knock Budillion Gateman open up the gate

Gate man, DSS and Police details: welcome Mr EFCC

EFCC officers: Mumu Omokirikiri gave us a petition that a Bullion van drove in to Budillion drive Ikoyi and entered your residence on the eve of a Presidential election

Gate man, DSS and Police details: so Mr EFCC and mumu omokirikiri what is the offense, are bullion vans unlawful ? Atleast mere Private fueling stations, hotels WAEC, NECO all use Bullion security vans, and can you show us any evidence money was in the van or if any cash exceeding 5million was in the van as at that time

Stop defending corruption. Money is not the content, they were tissue papers. Only a criminal will defend a fellow criminal. It’s only in Nigeria that people exhibit corruption with all forms of audacity because they feel they are untouchable �

2 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Frezhkid10(m): 5:22pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:
cool

Mumu omokirikiri

The Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 (and the amendment to the Act in 2012) makes it a crime for any individual to accept or make any cash payment that exceeds ₦5 million.

EFCC officers: Mumu Omokirikiri gave us a petition that a Bullion van drove in to Budillion drive Ikoyi and entered your residence on the eve of a Presidential election

Gate man, DSS and Police details: so Mr EFCC and mumu omokirikiri what is the offense, are bullion vans unlawful ? Atleast mere Private fueling stations, hotels WAEC, NECO all use Bullion security vans, and can you show us any evidence money was in the van or if any cash exceeding 5million was in the van as at that time

...you should be a lawyer..people just sit down and think that this politicians do not have seasoned lawyer always advising them...the case is lost already..efcc should not just bother..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by amakadlite(f): 5:22pm On Aug 21, 2020
Didi2d:

Yes! You're been logical, but when you get to the court and see how people are been set free even though they seem guilty. Na there you go no say Tinubu fit use bullion van carry him golden wristwatch
yes, we all know all the noise about fighting curroption is hypocritical.

lol no be only gold wristwatch, maybe thirty two thousand carats gold chain dey there.

4 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by emmnprince(m): 5:23pm On Aug 21, 2020
OgbanjeProphet:
Waste of time shocked

Tinubu is untouchable tongue

Calling a man made of dust whose life on earth is temporal untouchable! No one is untouchable! It is just a matter of time.

3 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by omenka(m): 5:23pm On Aug 21, 2020
Is Omokiri not from the same region where revelations about grand larceny and corruption were made just a couple of weeks ago?

Oh well, if folks think this nonsense is the way to go about fighting corruption, let they be my guest.

You saw a Bullion van, you had no idea what its contents were, but you have a problem with that and desire for the *owner* to be incarcerated. Right in your own doorstep, papers were tendered showing how your uncles and aunts stole monies running into 45 billion naira, but that is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Like I said in my last thread, these attacks would only improve the political fortunes of Tinubu, and make Yorubas push back more than they ever did. It is totally counterproductive.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Officialgarri: 5:23pm On Aug 21, 2020
RTSC:

Mr Man shut up.

Tinubu's wife already said youths like you camp in their house everyday looking for money and constituting nuisance, yet you don't want to hear.

Defending a corrupt multi millionaire in dollars when you never chop since morning.
This is the problem with you hungry and frustrated children. Well, I have nothing to prove to you cheesy

However, you can sign the petition as well to make 10 billion but I assure you that you are just wasting your time as you should have reserved that energy to go queue at Tinubu's gate

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by steeltrust: 5:24pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:
cool

Mumu omokirikiri

u be idiot
u re one of d reason Nigeria is not moving forward

did u read were tinubu boastfully said it his money and it not any bodies business

do u Ve sense at all

instead of u live sentiment and flow with d message and reason why d petition is being signed and u re playing politics and tribalism

2 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Golan007: 5:25pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:
cool

Mumu omokirikiri

You know you've given a knockout punch when you get lots of quotes.

Thumbs up.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Gbadebo19(m): 5:25pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:
cool

Mumu omokirikiri

Gate man, DSS and Police details: so Mr EFCC and mumu omokirikiri what is the offense, are bullion vans unlawful ? Atleast mere Private fueling stations, hotels WAEC,
And This One Is Also One Of The Future Of Nigeria Oo. What A Tragedy!!

5 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by NkemChukwudi: 5:25pm On Aug 21, 2020
anonimi:

Why are you wailing so uncontrollably like a baby whose feeding bottle has been taken away
What do you think that the EFCC will investigate?
This time it won't be like under Jonathan when he bribed the judges and got away.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2030416_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

What happened to your cartoons? Idiot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by ThatFairGuy: 5:27pm On Aug 21, 2020
olaboy33:
Exercise in futility.

If a counter petition is filed, 100,000 will sign in a day.

That's how much we love Asiwaju BAT.
Though this can't hold water because he has never been found wanting.
But let there be COUNTER SIGN, so as to show Ipob lunatics that we know why they're hell bent in bringing Tinubu down by all cost. If they could rejoice Over the release of an ex convict, Uzor kalu, They have no moral right to crucify Tinubu who has never been convicted.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 21, 2020
The same EFCC deployed drones during the last elections using the information to pursue and harass PDP guys with bulging pockets or carrying poly bags . Are there any laws against carrying poly bags?

iyatrustee:
EFCC act does not make accepting or making cash deposit of N5million for individuals or N10million for a corporate body a crime. It only mandates the bank to report any such transaction to Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit as a suspiscious transaction.

Banks and other non bank financial institution render this returns weekly so chances are these bullion transaction has been reported and investigated already.

Signing a petition is as important as having the right basis for the petition.

A N100k transaction can be reported if in the eyes of the bank, it is an unusual transaction just like a N100mil transaction wont raise any red flags if the account is used to such huge amounts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by yemex04(m): 5:27pm On Aug 21, 2020
rescuenaija:
The Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 makes it a crime to transact cash transactions above 5 million Naira. It is on this basis that Atiku’s son in law is being tried. It does not matter how you get the money. Once the cash is above 5 million, it can only be transacted through a bank. If it is transacted in cash, it becomes a crime

In a case where I need to pay N2,000 each in cash to about 3,000 site workers(laborers) that will be equal to N6,000,000.Are you telling me it's a crime to withdraw the said amount from my bank account and pay to these site workers directly?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2020
rescuenaija:
The Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 makes it a crime to transact cash transactions above 5 million Naira. It is on this basis that Atiku’s son in law is being tried. It does not matter how you get the money. Once the cash is above 5 million, it can only be transacted through a bank. If it is transacted in cash, it becomes a crime

Don't argue sir. This platform is of theirs.
One day, justice will prevail. Be it Tinubu or not, Be it Biafra or not, it will come to past. We were never one with them, and we will never be!

2 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Ajetayi: 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2020
celinajumbo11:
The petition urging the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to investigate a former Governor of Lagos, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has reached 10,000 signatures in just one day. This is a record, as no political petition on Nigeria has reached such numbers in so short a period of time.

The petition is specifically calling on the EFCC to investigate Bola Tinubu for contravening the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act of 2011, by having bullion vans ferry alleged large sums of money into his house on the eve of the 2019 Presidential election.

It will be recalled that on the eve of the 2019 Presidential elections, drone imagery showed bullion vans ferrying suspected monies into Mr. Tinubu’s Bourdilon residence. The next day, in an interview with Channel Television’s Seun Okinbaloye, Mr. Tinubu was asked “the allegations are that those bullion vans carry money or ballots”, before he could finish asking his question, Mr. Tinubu interjected and said “Is it my money or government money? I don’t work for government...even if I have money to spend in my premises, what’s your headache?”

However, the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 (and the amendment to the Act in 2012) makes it a crime for any individual to accept or make any cash payment that exceeds ₦5 million.

Yet, 18 months after this incident, Mr. Tinubu has not been investigated by the EFCC, which has tried others for lesser malfeasances.

The petition started by Reno Omokri, a bestselling author and activist, seeks to compel the EFCC to fulfil its constitutional responsibilities.

By virtue of the Economic and Financial Crimes commision Establishment act (2004), the law mandates the EFCC to combat financial and economic crimes. The Commission is empowered to prevent, investigate, prosecute and penalise economic and financial crimes and is charged with the responsibility of enforcing the provisions of other laws and regulations relating to economic and financial crimes.

Reno Omokri
Gospeller. Deep Thinker. #1 Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Avid traveller. Hollywood Magazine Film Festival Humanitarian of the Year, 2019.

Source link: https://web.facebook.com/1152008079/posts/10222537868012741/?d=n&_rdc=1&_rdr

The fear of Tinubu because of 2023 agenda has started. Dead on arrival. Omokri himself is guilty of this crime.
Enough of political nonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Frezhkid10(m): 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2020
Didi2d:

Yes! You're been logical, but when you get to the court and see how people are been set free even though they seem guilty. Na there you go no say Tinubu fit use bullion van carry him golden wristwatch
..leave them...they know nothing...until u have proof...I can defend myself by saying I carried my clothes..the judge cannot ask me why I used a bullion van for that..its my money and the law does not stop me from hiring a bullion van for my clothes

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Oracleforce: 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2020
sLentlover7778:
Way to go...

Thank God for people like ..

Reno Omokri.

There's still hope for Nigeria..

Even though we all know it's..

Mission impossible..

grin grin grin

Omokri playing partisan politics....i pray EFCC should rise up to this allegations and shame omokri..
Probably he has forgotten so soon....that during Jonathan Era there are massive fraud where the then minister of petroleum diazanni is still in self-exile up til now...some have returned there stolen money to the government coffer...
Probably he has forgotten that Orji Kalu has been vindicated by the competent court despite the heavy indictment...if common Orji Kalu will be free asap how much more....the Jagaban of Africa. .
I know this.is a calculated attempt in Nyamiri kingdom to tarnish the reputation of the Yoruba political stalwart....and all of you will fail....
Nyamiri people will not rule this country again...

Tueh.....e ni kuure...

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Elmander1983(m): 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2020
With all due respect, keep mute! U should know that Reno digs before bringing to limelight what he intends to. The facts are there and soon if the EFCC moves to investigate Tinubu, I hope u will be here to share the chilling findings.
techmo:
cool

Mumu omokirikiri

1 Like

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by NkemChukwudi: 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2020
Zetty177x:
I wanna sign, after all his activities,he wants to interfere in Edo?...Edo nor be Lagos..I'm signing that petition

Of course, EDO no be Lagos in a million years.

1 Like

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by ThatFairGuy: 5:30pm On Aug 21, 2020
steeltrust:
u be idiot
u re one of d reason Nigeria is not moving forward

did u read were tinubu boastfully said it his money and it not any bodies business

do u Ve sense at all

instead of u live sentiment and flow with d message and reason why d petition is being signed and u re playing politics and tribalism
Thunder fire that your gutter, go and crucify ex convict Kalu first.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Cardinalpoint: 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2020
This is not the way to catch Tinubu. The man is 3 steps ahead of these people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Ijawwomaninoyo: 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2020
What of Diazeni that bought a Yatch?
Hypocrites!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by MsAllison(f): 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2020
omenka:
Is Omokiri not from the same region where revelations about grand larceny and corruption were made just a couple of weeks ago?

Oh well, if folks think this nonsense is the way to go about fighting corruption, let they be my guest.

You saw a Bullion van, you had no idea what its contents were, but you have a problem with that and desire for the *owner* to be incarcerated. Right in your own doorstep, papers were tendered showing how your uncles and aunts stole monies running into 45 billion naira, but that is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Like I said in my last thread, these attacks would only improve the political fortunes of Tinubu, and make Yorubas push back more than they ever did. It is totally counterproductive.
omenka you're contradicting yourself
you're here preaching how youths are glorifying corrupt politicians but here you are trying to defend same corrupt politician or can you swear with your life that Tinubu is not as corrupt or even more than an average politician in Nigeria?
you see your problem and other youths that claims to be against bad politicians.
fact is that an average youth is wired with this "my thief is more holier than yours" when it comes to supporting politicians.
You're not excluded.
with this mindset among the youths
I doubt the salvation of this country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2020
Officialgarri:
Igbos sign petition against Tinubu. Let's be specific here cheesy

No, it is the reverse and I can tell you why.

You see the law is being misunderstood by urchins like you cheesy

I have personally moved money worth more than #50million in cash (money isn't mine though) but as long as the money is withdrawn under a business name, then there's no law against you.

Tinubu owns more that 10 companies and you wouldn't be dumb to expect him to make such a heavy transaction using his personal account.
On election eve. I’m highly disappointed with some of you that are defending him. Stop being bias because he is from your tribe. These politicians are benefiting more when the people are divided by ethnicity and tribalism. Tinubu should be probed, period!!!

3 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by babamavel: 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2020
wetin this baba do them like dis wetin this baba do them like dis
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by ScotMisile: 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2020
See the way SW is defending corruption, can we all now see that Yoruba is the problem with Nigeria?
When we crucify the thieves in our area, SW woukd join us to call them names . But,when the thief is from their Village, they defend him.

SW is the problem with Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by anonimi: 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by od501: 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:
cool

Mumu omokirikiri

Ignorance personified!

Let me not waste my time here. I believe there are people wise enough and chanced to educate you. This is soooo...disappointing!
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by steeltrust: 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Thunder fire that your gutter, go and crucify ex convict Kalu first.
u re a big animal

for ur info I'm not ibo b4 u type tink of ur generation

re u not tired slavery

cow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu / Fire Engulfs Sunday Igboho's Old House In Soka, Ibadan / Adamawa Delegates Wear Tinubu Logo Caps In Abuja (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.