Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses (5128 Views)

It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit / Apostle Suleman Condemns Comedians That Joke About Jesus / Powerfull Spiritual Command with six and seven books of moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by bingbagbo(m): 7:26am On Aug 22, 2020
John 5:46-47
[46]For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me.

[47]But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

1 Like

Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by haekymbahd(m): 8:09am On Aug 22, 2020
bingbagbo:

John 5:46-47
[46]For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me.

[47]But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”
Why did you say Jesus is God of moses when they were both sent to preach torah and gospel by the true/real God?

Father that Jesus was refering to does he have a particular name of his or he also bears christ?

John 17

1 WHEN JESUS had spoken these things, He lifted up His eyes to heaven and said, Father, the hour has come. Glorify and exalt and honor and magnify Your Son, so that Your Son may glorify and extol and honor and magnify You.
2 [Just as] You have granted Him power and authority over all flesh (all humankind), [now glorify Him] so that He may give eternal life to all whom You have given Him.

3 And this is eternal life: [it means] to know (to perceive, recognize, become acquainted with, and understand) You, the only true and real God, [/b]and [likewise] to know Him, Jesus [as the] Christ (the Anointed One, the Messiah), Whom You have sent.

4 I have glorified You down here on the earth by completing the work that You gave Me to do.

5 And now, Father, glorify Me along with Yourself and restore Me to such majesty and honor in Your presence as I had with You before the world existed.

[b]6 I have manifested Your Name
[I have revealed Your very Self, Your real Self] to the people whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, and You gave them to Me, and they have obeyed and kept Your word.

Deutronomy 6
13 You shall [reverently] fear the Lord your God and serve Him and swear by His name [and presence].

14 You shall not go after other gods, any of the gods of the peoples who are round about you;

15 For the Lord your God in the midst of you is a jealous God; lest the anger of the Lord your God be kindled against you, and He destroy you from the face of the earth.

1 Like

Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by bingbagbo(m): 9:35am On Aug 22, 2020
haekymbahd:
Why did you say Jesus is God of moses when they were both sent to preach torah and gospel by the true/real God?

Father that Jesus was refering to does he have a particular name of his or he also bears christ?

John 17

1 WHEN JESUS had spoken these things, He lifted up His eyes to heaven and said, Father, the hour has come. Glorify and exalt and honor and magnify Your Son, so that Your Son may glorify and extol and honor and magnify You.
2 [Just as] You have granted Him power and authority over all flesh (all humankind), [now glorify Him] so that He may give eternal life to all whom You have given Him.

3 And this is eternal life: [it means] to know (to perceive, recognize, become acquainted with, and understand) You, the only true and real God, [/b]and [likewise] to know Him, Jesus [as the] Christ (the Anointed One, the Messiah), Whom You have sent.

4 I have glorified You down here on the earth by completing the work that You gave Me to do.

5 And now, Father, glorify Me along with Yourself and restore Me to such majesty and honor in Your presence as I had with You before the world existed.

[b]6 I have manifested Your Name
[I have revealed Your very Self, Your real Self] to the people whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, and You gave them to Me, and they have obeyed and kept Your word.

Deutronomy 6
13 You shall [reverently] fear the Lord your God and serve Him and swear by His name [and presence].

14 You shall not go after other gods, any of the gods of the peoples who are round about you;

15 For the Lord your God in the midst of you is a jealous God; lest the anger of the Lord your God be kindled against you, and He destroy you from the face of the earth.

What about Jesus did Moses write?
The Bible endorses only ONE God and Jesus is called God consistently, so how is that your problem? Are you saying Jesus is not God?
Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by haekymbahd(m): 9:57am On Aug 22, 2020
bingbagbo:

What about Jesus did Moses write?
The Bible endorses only ONE God and Jesus is called God consistently, so how is that your problem? Are you saying Jesus is not God?
what i want to know is that is the Father the same as Jesus why did jesus refer to him as the only God?

John 5
43 I have come in My Father's name and with His power, and you do not receive Me [your hearts are not open to Me, you give Me no welcome]; but if another comes in his own name and his own power and with no other authority but himself, you will receive him and give him your approval.

44 How is it possible for you to believe [how can you learn to believe], you who [are content to seek and] receive praise and honor and glory from one another, and yet do not seek the praise and honor and glory which come from Him Who alone is God?
Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 22, 2020
Jesus Is God. Thomas Called Him My Lord & My God. If It Was Wrong Jesus Would Av Rebuked Him. There Were Places In The Bible People Worshipped Him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by haekymbahd(m): 10:01am On Aug 22, 2020
Truvel:
Jesus Is God. Thomas Called Him My Lord & My God. If It Was Wrong Jesus Would Av Rebuked Him. There Were Places In The Bible People Worshipped Him.
John 5
43 I have come in My Father's name and with His power, and you do not receive Me [your hearts are not open to Me, you give Me no welcome]; but if another comes in his own name and his own power and with no other authority but himself, you will receive him and give him your approval.

Does the father have a particular name or is he also christ?

Is there any difference between father and christ?
Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 22, 2020
haekymbahd:

John 5

He Is Part Of The Godhead. Haven't U Come Across The Word GODHEAD B4 In D Bible?
Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by sagenaija: 10:53am On Aug 22, 2020
Truvel:
He Is Part Of The Godhead. Haven't U Come Across The Word GODHEAD B4 In D Bible?
He is a Moslem who is prospecting for New converts.
Check his bio.
He is playing it cool for now but will soon bring out his fangs for a direct frontal attack against all that have been posted above.
Moslems claim Moses was actually speaking about Mohamed but Jesus's words here clearly debunks that claim.

3 Likes

Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 22, 2020
haekymbahd:

John 5

Don't mind them, they're confused Trinitarians!

Moses was a Prophet who also served as God just like Jesus, Moses never referred to Jesus as God but as a prophet who will be like him {Deuteronomy 18:15-18} Apostles Peter confirmed that Moses was referring Jesus in that Bible verse {Act 3:22}

So Jesus and Moses had a lot in common, they were both mediators of covenants.

Moses performed many great miraculous works, Jesus performed greater miracles beyond compare!

Moses mediated the old covenant while Jesus mediated the new covenant! Jeremiah 31:31-34

Moses rescued God's people from Egyptian bondage, Jesus rescued God's children from sin!

Moses's dead body wasn't found, Jesus' dead body wasn't found!

So Jesus was telling the unfaithful Jews that if they truthfully believe in the Prophecies of Moses, there shouldn't be anything stopping them from believing in Him! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by chidifrank(m): 11:35am On Aug 22, 2020
Maximus69:

Don't mind them, they're confused Trinitarians!

Moses was a Prophet who also served as God just like Jesus, Moses never referred to Jesus as God but as a prophet who will be like him {Deuteronomy 18:15-18} Apostles Peter confirmed that Moses was referring Jesus in that Bible verse {Act 3:22}

So Jesus and Moses had a lot in common, they were both mediators of covenants.

Moses performed many great miraculous works, Jesus performed greater miracles beyond compare!

Moses mediated the old covenant while Jesus mediated the new covenant! Jeremiah 31:31-34

Moses rescued God's people from Egyptian bondage, Jesus rescued God's children from sin!

Moses's dead body wasn't found, Jesus' dead body wasn't found!

So Jesus was telling the unfaithful Jews that if they truthfully believe in the Prophecies of Moses, there shouldn't be anything stopping them from believing in Him! smiley

Pls Maximus, don't compare nor place Jesus n Moses in d same place. It's a sin. JESUS is d son of God and was presence before d foundation of ds world both heaven n earth. Moses is just a man like me n you born of a woman. the laws Moses talked about is all about JESUS but not all Moses knew abt Jesus dts why Jesus came to ds earth to reveal n tell us some more about Him which Moses did not tell cos he did not know. JESUS is d son of d Almighty God n co-head to His throne. What your father is you may not be but God so much love Jesus dt He made him b Glorified just like Himself. So yes, Jesus is God. Call Him a representation of God cos no man can see God but only the Son Jesus

3 Likes

Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 22, 2020
chidifrank:

Pls Maximus, don't compare nor place Jesus n Moses in d same place. It's a sin. JESUS is d son of God and was presence before d foundation of ds world both heaven n earth. Moses is just a man like me n you born of a woman. the laws Moses talked about is all about JESUS but not all Moses knew abt Jesus dts why Jesus came to ds earth to reveal n tell us some more about Him which Moses did not tell cos he did not know. JESUS is d son of d Almighty God n co-head to His throne. What your father is you may not be but God so much love Jesus dt He made him b Glorified just like Himself. So yes, Jesus is God. Call Him a representation of God cos no man can see God but only the Son Jesus

Well it's God's word and his servants like Apostle Peter that compare them not Maximus! smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by haddeylium(m): 12:22pm On Aug 22, 2020
chidifrank:

Alright
But do you explain this?
Act 3:22-Moses said ‘The Lord God will raise up for you from among your brothers a prophet, like me, to him you shall listen in everything that he speaks of to you;

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 22, 2020
sagenaija:

He is a Moslem who is prospecting for New converts.
Check his bio.
He is playing it cool for now but will soon bring out his fangs for a direct frontal attack against all that have been posted above.
Moslems claim Moses was actually speaking about Mohamed but Jesus's words here clearly debunks that claim.
Me, A Moslem? Who Told U I'm A Moslem?

1 Share

Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2020
haddeylium:

Alright
But do you explain this?
Act 3:22-Moses said ‘The Lord God will raise up for you from among your brothers a prophet, like me, to him you shall listen in everything that he speaks of to you;

Moses and Jesus served similar purpose but the one and only difference is Jesus was created to live as a mighty spirit being in heaven while Moses happens to be one of the descendants of Adam on planet earth!
Apart from this both of them directed all worship to the person who sent them and made them served as Gods in human form! Deuteronomy 6:4 compare to Mark 12:29

Moses served as God! Exodus 7:1

Jesus served as God! Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1

But both of them are subjected to the Almighty God! 1Corinthians 15:26-28 smiley
Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by haddeylium(m): 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2020
Maximus69:

Moses and Jesus served similar purpose but the one and only difference is Jesus was created to live as a mighty spirit being in heaven while Moses happens to be one of the descendants of Adam on planet earth!
Apart from this both of them directed all worship to the person who sent them and made them served as Gods in human form! Deuteronomy 6:4 compare to Mark 12:29

But both of them are subjected to the Almighty God! 1Corinthians 15:26-28 smiley

Exactly!
I only wanted him to share how he understand the verse when he said you shouldn't compare the two when the Bible did.
More clarification for him
Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by haekymbahd(m): 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2020
Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by chidifrank(m): 12:49pm On Aug 22, 2020
haddeylium:

Alright
But do you explain this?
Lets reason together , let's check d meaning of what a prophet is first . Jesus and so many other men from Israel are prophets. Isaiah too was a Prophet, and so many. The point is, what is a prophet?
Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by chidifrank(m): 12:51pm On Aug 22, 2020
Maximus69:

Well it's God's word and his servants like Apostle Peter that compare them not Maximus! smiley
tell me d God's words dt compared him and dt of Peter. Bring up d passage let's all reason and understand. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 22, 2020
Truvel:

He wasn't referring to you but haekymbahd, and besides i'm an also a former Muslim so there is nothing wrong in the religion into which one is born or someone finds himself as long as he is still interested in knowing more about God Jesus said regarding such ones "you will know the truth and the truth will set you free" {John 8:32} of course you can't know if you're not inquisitive! Matthew 7:7-8 smiley
Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by chidifrank(m): 12:57pm On Aug 22, 2020
You all shld go back n read d passage wen Jesus having known all wats inside a man's mind abt Him asked His disciples ; who do people say I am? Then also He asked them His disciples who do you think or say I am? read n see d answer to all ds Up n Down we have bin going abt here. Pls don't compare. Let's read n understand d word of God

1 Like

Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by sagenaija: 12:58pm On Aug 22, 2020
Truvel:
I was responding to your comment on someone else.
I said 'He' refering to him and not 'You'.
Do you now get it?
Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by chidifrank(m): 12:59pm On Aug 22, 2020
chidifrank:

Lets reason together , let's check d meaning of what a prophet is first . Jesus and so many other men from Israel are prophets. Isaiah too was a Prophet, and so many. The point is, what is a prophet?
Pls Mr Maximus am still waiting for d bible passage . I want to read n learn . Thank u
Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 22, 2020
chidifrank:
tell me d God's words dt compared him and dt of Peter. Bring up d passage let's all reason and understand. Thank you

Moses himself said to the same race amongst who Jesus was born "the true God will raise for you from amongst your brothers a prophet like me,you must listen to him" Deuteronomy 18:15

Peter confirmed that Jesus is the prophet Moses was talking about! Act 3:22

Just lighten the burden of the TRINITY ideology in your minds first otherwise you'll start arguing blindly! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 22, 2020
sagenaija:
I was responding to your comment on someone else. I said 'He' refering to him and not 'You'. Do you now get it?
Alright, I Now Get It.
Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by chidifrank(m): 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2020
Maximus69:

If your Father at home has servants working for him, and you also d son , are u also doing working in dt same house for yur father? Is it every work your father gives to you dt he can openly give to his servant? Take for example. Ur father can openly tell u son, go inside my room n get some secretive things which only you d son knows because he bliv n trust in u.but he can never tell d mere servant to enter his room and get to secret stuffs. d will of any father is on d trusted son and so is his entire properties wen he dies , son takes over. But d mere servant has a duration of serves he renders. Pls let's read n understand. Jesus and Moses and so many served God but they are and never d same. It's a sin to think dt way. Thank u

2 Likes

Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by chidifrank(m): 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
Maximus69:

Moses himself said to the same race amongst who Jesus was born "the true God will raise for you from amongst your brothers a prophet like me,you must listen to him" Deuteronomy 18:15

Peter confirmed that Jesus is the prophet Moses was talking about! Act 3:22

Just lighten the burden of the TRINITY ideology in your minds first otherwise you'll start arguing blindly! smiley
What is a prophet ? Jesus was a Prophet even God Himself is a Prophet. Prophesy is just one of many fruits of Jesus. So wat are u saying. Does Moses sees n knows d heart of man ? but Jesus knows. Pls let's read n understand

1 Like

Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by chidifrank(m): 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2020
John the Baptist too was a Prophet. There are so many prophets here in our generations doing Gods work. So are they all like Jesus. Prophet are those who prophesy n prophesying is just one of many fruits of Jesus. So what is there. JESUS has all d fruits. Na Him dy reveal those prophesy to them all through the Holy Spirit. Thank u

2 Likes

Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 22, 2020
chidifrank:

If your Father at home has servants working for him, and you also d son , are u also doing working in dt same house for yur father? Is it every work your father gives to you dt he can openly give to his servant? Take for example. Ur father can openly tell u son, go inside my room n get some secretive things which only you d son knows because he bliv n trust in u.but he can never tell d mere servant to enter his room and get to secret stuffs. d will of any father is on d trusted son and so is his entire properties wen he dies , son takes over. But d mere servant has a duration of serves he renders. Pls let's read n understand. Jesus and Moses and so many served God but they are and never d same. It's a sin to think dt way. Thank u

Now this is mere assumption!

Let's focus on what the scriptures say not what you're fabricating from your own thinking.
Can you also note that you can't even quote one single verse to buttress your point?
That's what man-made doctrines can do with human brains!
You now abandoned God's word completely and the next thing is wanting everyone to believe your analogy! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 22, 2020
chidifrank:

What is a prophet ? Jesus was a Prophet even God Himself is a Prophet. Prophesy is just one of many fruits of Jesus. So wat are u saying. Does Moses sees n knows d heart of man ? but Jesus knows. Pls let's read n understand

Please any scripture to prove the bolded? embarassed

1 Like

Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 22, 2020
chidifrank:
John the Baptist too was a Prophet. There are so many prophets here in our generations doing Gods work. So are they all like Jesus. Prophet are those who prophesy n prophesying is just one of many fruits of Jesus. So what is there. JESUS has all d fruits. Na Him dy reveal those prophesy to them all through the Holy Spirit. Thank u

You want to argue on what your Churchgoer Pastors taught you but when you hear something different you demanded for scriptures, and after seeing what the scriptures say in black and white you abandoned the scriptures only to stick to your Churchgoer's ideology!

Well thanks for your data, time and effort but you still need to know the truth as it's WRITTEN in God's word, so that you just don't continue arguing profusely without scriptural backings! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by chidifrank(m): 1:32pm On Aug 22, 2020
Maximus69:

Now this is mere assumption!

Let's focus on what the scriptures say not what you're fabricating from your own thinking.
Can you also note that you can't even quote one single verse to buttress your point?
That's what man-made doctrines can do with human brains!
You now abandoned God's word completely and the next thing is wanting everyone to believe your analogy! cheesy
Read 1 corinthians 12:7-11
Read 1 corinthians 14:1 - to d end. Talks abt gift of phophesy n speaking in tongues. All ds are gifts. Them plenty. not everyone here on nairaland doesn't read and bliv in God. We just read your comments n many others, shake our head, and don't comment. I had to comment today so u know no one knows it all except it's given to Him by Jesus. Good day
Re: Moses Actually Wrote About Jesus; Jesus Is The God Of Moses by chidifrank(m): 1:35pm On Aug 22, 2020
Maximus69:

You want to argue on what your Churchgoer Pastors taught you but when you hear something different you demanded for scriptures, and after seeing what the scriptures say in black and white you abandoned the scriptures only to stick to your Churchgoer's ideology!

Well thanks for your data, time and effort but you still need to know the truth as it's WRITTEN in God's word, so that you just don't continue arguing profusely without scriptural backings! cheesy
Don't try to conclude on anyone or judge. For your information, I don't go to church. I am d church and part of the church (body of Christ). My whole self is d temple of God but I don't neglect the gathering of brethren dts why I listen n contribute to word of God both on and offline. Thank u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Imagine A World Without Muslims! / Having Our Hearts Sprinkled From An Evil Conscience. What Is An Evil Conscience? / Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.