Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances (53872 Views)

BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? / CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches / Your Enemies Must Submit-- Read How (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Tharyor1984(m): 7:58pm On Aug 22, 2020
Se na your church they give you road, light and other social amenities. They give back to the societies or there members just 2% of what they make from them
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by braveboy64(m): 7:59pm On Aug 22, 2020
adekolaelect:
Many Nigerians are senseless they couldn't like to pay tax for government that can offer them Roads ,Hospitals and many other things but like contributing for religious Leaders who has nothing to offer them than promising Imaginary Heaven which no one had ever go and come back to tell us how it is. But the noise of these Christians is too much as if the law only applicable to churches only .They will only blame government for everything they lack but failed to Question where they contributed their major hard earn resource to simply because of religious sentiment .

Lazy and lying atheist.
67.2% Christianity
—60.2% Church of Sweden
—7.0% Other
Christian
27.0% No religion
4.6% Islam
1.2% Other
religions

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Goke7: 7:59pm On Aug 22, 2020
slowice:
This law is directly targeted at the church and its deliberate. The money churches earn are freely donated by members so I don't think they should be taxed on such earnings except for businesses such as schools etc established by the church.

I know many would argue this and support the government but as a Christian, I stand against it and nothing will change my mind.

nobody is taxing the church but churches are doing many businesses underground that is not accounted for so its high time we separate the church itself from the businesses they run.

Most camp grounds operated by churches rent out rooms at hourly or daily rates, is that not business that must be accounted for? or do they give out dividends to their members who contributed funds for the building of these camp grounds in the first place, guy so many questions to ask.

The era or narrative that it's the work of God so we should not ask questions is over o
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by akigbemaru: 8:00pm On Aug 22, 2020
adekolaelect:
Many Nigerians are senseless they couldn't like to pay tax for government that can offer them Roads ,Hospitals and many other things but like contributing for religious Leaders who has nothing to offer them than promising Imaginary Heaven which no one had ever go and come back to tell us how it is. But the noise of these Christians is too much as if the law only applicable to churches only .They will only blame government for everything they lack but failed to Question where they contributed their major hard earn resource to simply because of religious sentiment .
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Cvesta(m): 8:01pm On Aug 22, 2020
I support this CAMA. It is long overdue

1 Like

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by adekolaelect(m): 8:01pm On Aug 22, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Yeah they have one of the lowest crime rate, but they don't talk about how cold the citizens are to each other especially strangers, and how aloof they are in the interests of others, or the loneliness that can kill you and also the prejudice.

You have not been there to know how unfriendly the place is and how its almost impossible for citizens themselves to have close friends. Or how crimes are usually reported but hardly investigated.

But no, what do you do, you just regurgitate what you have heard online and try to sound smart.

You can try Sweden.
Talking as Religions preaches limit them from committing more crime in the society. They are building more churches and Mosques yet crime and Immoral becomes norms in the society.You all failed to build moral in society as preaches in the Bible and Quran you all carry Religions for head without practising the words of God and all your Religions Leaders focus wealth which makes it easy for them to manipulate you through promises of virtual miracles . yet you will come up to blame Government for everything as if those leaders are not the product of you all in the society. An organisations when to government agency to registration but move against the same agency for try to know their financial obligations .how does that make sense to you ? You abide by 1/2 law of registration but not ready to allow those that registered you to know your financial activities ?
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by edoairways: 8:02pm On Aug 22, 2020
Igbochief001:

it's the job of the federal government to protect it's citizens from scammers
Has has the federal government leave up to it's responsibilities by providing for it's citizens?

3 Likes

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Nitah1: 8:02pm On Aug 22, 2020
Igbochief001:

And who's job is to protect the citizens from herdsman, looters,kidnappers and bandits?

You Muslims are celebrating premature.

No one will abide by that anti Christian law...the useless president was quick to sign into law as if his life depend on it.

You brother cannot protect Nigerian in Ghana,south Africa,China and other part of the world..

Buhari cannot even give account of how much Nigeria made from IGR,NNPC and other financial institutions.

Shame to you....

4 Likes

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by EMMY76: 8:03pm On Aug 22, 2020
There are some aspects of the law that makes sense but I will never trust this buhari's regime that is well known for religious extremism to be fair in it's implementation.

1 Like

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Stan2330(m): 8:03pm On Aug 22, 2020
amaridigital:

But these Churches obey similar or stricter laws oversees. Why are they always against the Nigerian Government yet obey the European, British or American laws? Let us be objective.
The Nigeria law is bias...some ppl are above the law... What the need of a law if it will not be followed to the fullest?

Can u explain why mailafa is charged for hate speech?
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by PreshNnew: 8:06pm On Aug 22, 2020
Kumuyi is the course of all this! let his church submit to it he gave FG not fifty thousand but million wat do u expect this is on deeper lifers they shud finish wat they started
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by OBA117(m): 8:06pm On Aug 22, 2020
FG that cannot regulate the finances of this country, now they want to regulate the finances of the church. They want to loot the finances of church too the way they are looting the finances of Nigeria..... Rubbish! undecided

1 Like

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Brushstrokes20: 8:06pm On Aug 22, 2020
Prof. Osinbande, pls what is your take on this issue?....

Buhari and cohorts should have implemented this policy before the last elections....

2 Likes

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Zinpat: 8:06pm On Aug 22, 2020
This does not make sense. D finances n expenditures of d church shouldn't in any way b d concern of d CAC. They should 1st go n audit their own finances n leave d church alone.

1 Like

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Muyamz(m): 8:06pm On Aug 22, 2020
I wonder why our Nigerian Youths do not analyse information critically before commenting. No wonder Prof. Wole Soyinka labelled Nigerian Youths first to comment youths. The new CAMA is one of the best laws passed into Law by the Buhari Adminstration.
Many of those against this bills are doing so beacuse it will reveal a lot of their dirty linens.
Nigeria youths, stay informed.
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by edoairways: 8:06pm On Aug 22, 2020
One4me:

It is the DOUBLE STANDARD, which you dont get overseas, that the people are against
Majority of the taxes paid and enforced in the South, are not paid in the North.
Customs works very hard to enforce border closure in the South but go to the North and see how Northerners just import anything they want, without nay hindrance from the Fulani dominated Customs..

Dont compare Overseas with this Nepotistic Buhari Govt at all.
Yeah

1 Like

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Temitogab: 8:07pm On Aug 22, 2020
Since the government are interested in God's tithe and offering give it to them and let God deal with them. It's time to restructure Nigeria
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by sunkieisland(m): 8:07pm On Aug 22, 2020
Igbochief001:

Apparently, you don't know the federal govt is already scammed you, you are they surmising that the church is the scammer,

Upside down generation tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Muyamz(m): 8:08pm On Aug 22, 2020
So you think the government does not audit it's own account. Don't make baseless comments. Read through the thread of what CAMA is and what it intends to achieve.
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Miracle1991: 8:08pm On Aug 22, 2020
Stan2330:
That is how the government came with hate speech bill that it prevent the political tension in the country.. suddenly mailafa was charge for hate speech because he spoke out against the government

The intentions behind this bill is devilish and nobody should fall for their sweet mouth
where did you see Mailafiya been charged for hate speech? If they charge you for fake news now you will start crying . Mailafiya was never charge for hate speech. Pls stop talking nonsense.
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by FuckOsuPigs: 8:09pm On Aug 22, 2020
Igbochief001:

sure client ...wish my business can have customers like u

Wicked grin
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Kennydoc(m): 8:09pm On Aug 22, 2020
Igbochief001:

na compare your tithe + offering + seeds to your tax ....which is more

government gives u police , cheap University , fairly functioning hospital that can save your life in emergency , ...what do your church provide again ?

Is tax the only earning of the Nigerian government?
How much of those services would the government have been able to provide if they only relied on tax?
Assuming they relied on tax alone, what do you think would have been the tax rate of Nigeria?
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by kiddkash(m): 8:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
Igbochief001:

na compare your tithe + offering + seeds to your tax ....which is more

government gives u police , cheap University , fairly functioning hospital that can save your life in emergency , ...what do your church provide again ?
police are the ones actually doing the killing. coming to my area.
every night, you will perceive the stench of alcohol and weed oozing from the ones that supposed to be enforcing it
they'll say you have no right only the one they give you.
a friend was killed, and in the morning police placed a gun on him, took photos and said he was a criminal.
it doesn't happen in your place but ask nairalanders if I am lying.
my parents paid for my private secondary and university educations, I pay electricity, we buy our own water.
we go to private hospital whenever we are sick. so what exactly has government done for me.

did they protect me and my family after our house exploded in the Abule-ado explosion?
did they give us food, shelter, even palliative from effect of coronavirus?
considering our house was destroyed and our means of livelihood was gone.
all they did was photo-op, saying they sympathize with us in the media

so please tell me and the people living in my area exactly what government has done for us

5 Likes

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by dalass(f): 8:11pm On Aug 22, 2020
Igbochief001:

The government should look into its own financial recklessness and inability to account for trillions if naira they are embezzling and not accounting for...

Anything this government touches becomes rotten. While churches are not perfect, each Church still have people who are enlightened and have people who can still call them to other.. Any aggrieved person can even go to court! But the corrupt government officials want not only government national cake which is almost gone but also Church money ... undecided

2 Likes

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by desiredhome: 8:11pm On Aug 22, 2020
athaboi:
police My goodness, hahahahahaha. I attended Madonna University...I have never attended government hospital all my life. Now let me tell you...my church has given me life...let's stop here
How many other members can see same....you are very selfish and a lier
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by GamalNasser: 8:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
Golan007:

You think I'm like you.

I voted for Atiku but I know you were at home chilling that day because u don't even care about Elections and you had your hope on BUHARI rigging

1 Like

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by dalass(f): 8:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
kiddkash:

police are the ones actually doing the killing. coming to my area.
every night, you will perceive the stench of alcohol and weed oozing from the ones that supposed to be enforcing it
they'll say you have no right only the one they give you.
a friend was killed, and in the morning, police placed a gun on him, took photos and say he was a criminal.
it doesn't happen in your place but ask nairalanders if I am lying.
my parents paid for my private secondary and university educations, I pay electricity, we buy our own water.
we go to private hospital whenever we are sick. so what exactly has government done for me.

did they protect me and my family after our house exploded in the Abule-ado explosion?
did they give us food, shelter, even palliative from effect of coronavirus?

so please tell me and the people living in my area exactly what government has done for us

Useless government mtcheeeeweww! angry
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
EMMY76:
There are some aspects of the law that makes sense but I will never trust this buhari's regime that is well known for religious extremism to be fair in it's implementation.
Gbam!
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Thereishel: 8:14pm On Aug 22, 2020
ebukajay184:

https://igberetvnews.com/1362094/cama-fg-says-religious-bodies-must-submit-details-finances/

It's Satanic and islamic agenda. In most countries western countries included apart from islamic nations there are always separation of church from state. What is business of terrorist administration/government with churches. We never see this before in Nigeria. God would deliver us from this anti-Christ government IJN
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by victorazyvictor(m): 8:14pm On Aug 22, 2020
Kekereekun123:
both parties are theives so nothing concern us. Muslims dont seem to be crying

Do you expect fish to drown in water?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

14 Things That Are Too Real About Ushers In Nigerian Churches / David Kingleo Elijah: Going To China To 'Destroy Coronavirus' – Nigerian Prophet / Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.