Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,219 members, 7,836,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? (31485 Views)

CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances / CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by kabaz(m): 9:09am On Aug 25, 2020
I don't know to what believe you belong to but we are christians and we are not complaining,we give willingly expecting nothing in return but Gods grace....FG should fix their rotten system before interfering with the church.

quote author=MuttleyLaff post=93157492]There's no smoke without fire. Something does smells, and the smell sure isn't nice

[/quote]
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by XXXXTENTACION: 9:10am On Aug 25, 2020
Christianvoice:

In developed climes churches are regulated, is Nigeria a developed clime? The government that cannot manage ethenic religious/tribal fight. The government that cannot account for her budget. The government that cannot manage her internal crisises. The government that cannot manage security situation in her country. Now the government want to manage that is seen as the peaceful, organized establishment in Nigeria. Internal fight in the church is very rare and it is always resolved without court case promptly difference from that of political party, government, etc. They should regulate their mosques because there is no difference between Nigeria government and Islam
Mosques are also regulated so whats all this fuss undecided
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Christianvoice: 9:10am On Aug 25, 2020
Koralords:

Do you mean to tell me you don’t know the finances of churches is monitored abroad that’s one od the issues ashimonowo had in the Uk and there’s the issues Christ embassy has in sa,so it’s not big deal
Is your Nigeria abroad? The government that cannot account for her budget? It happened abroad because when this kind of bill went to them they were sleeping.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by robosky02(m): 9:11am On Aug 25, 2020
MR MAN , I ASK DOES THE LAWS IN US AND UK REMOVES THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF CHURCH WITHOUT A RECOURSE TO THE COURT? THIS LAWS EXEMPT THE MUSLIMS, WHY IS NIGERIAN LAW BEING SO DICTATORIAL WITHOUT A COURT PROCESS. IF YOU MUST KNOW, CHARITY ORGANISATION OF UK HAS INVESTIGATED WORLD MISSION AGENCY, AND FOUND OUT THE ORGANISATION IS A TRANSPARENT AND INTERGRITY. HE HAS NOTING TO HIDE. THE POWER SHOULD NOT BE VESTED ON AN APPOINTED OFFICER OR A MINSTER, BUT ON THE COURT.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by bolafez(m): 9:13am On Aug 25, 2020
Just Musing...

God sent men to preach the Gospel.

Those who believe come together in fellowship.

The Congregation of the believers is called CHURCH.

When they come together in Fellowship, they pray, they sing and they also give (money).

It is a voluntary contribution to the Body and progress of the Work.

It is a Freewill gift/offeering and has nothing to do with outsiders.

How it is expended is determined by the Fellowship and not the society.

But now, a so-called Government is instituting a law to supervise how such money is being spent.

Yet, some so-called believers came up with professional analyses...

Fools! Their heads are bigger than their heart; more professional than spiritual.

Yenyenyen... "That's how they do in the UK... " So, that makes it right? UK or US is now the spiritual standard.

Fools! Unbaked religionists...

In case you didn't read it in the Bible... When the Church started in Jerusalem... The people GAVE!

Giving has been part of the Church since inception!

Did you read if Herod was interested in how such money was spent?

What of subsequent generations?

But now even a so-called Christian is the one defending and analyzing...

"Does the Church have anything to hide?"

How could a brother? Uh-huh?!

When all we do is dance, laugh and shout in the Church, the result is breeding foolish Minds!

Hirelings, hired servants and professional managers have occupied the Pulpit.

Fools! Wolves in sheep's clothing.

Our Church leaders caused all this insult...

These so-called brothers were not well-raised. They were not trained in the spirituals.

No prayer life. No personal evangelism. No vision. No purpose.

Christians who don't even know the worth of a soul!

We made it look like only their offerings matter.

In Yoruba tone, a child we fail to build well will sell off the house we built.

What's my concern about a lifeless, corruption-ridden government?

My concern is the blind commentators...

A brother should know better!

FYI, the Church of Jesus Christ is waxing stronger and mightier by the second!

No ideology, no policy, no law can frustrate Her Mission.

Enough said.

Fingers crossed.

Pastor Gbade Olaniyan
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by robosky02(m): 9:15am On Aug 25, 2020
Christianvoice:

In developed climes churches are regulated, is Nigeria a developed clime? The government that cannot manage ethenic religious/tribal fight. The government that cannot account for her budget. The government that cannot manage her internal crisises. The government that cannot manage security situation in her country. Now the government want to manage that is seen as the peaceful, organized establishment in Nigeria. Internal fight in the church is very rare and it is always resolved without court case promptly difference from that of political party, government, etc. They should regulate their mosques because there is no difference between Nigeria government and Islam

I agree with you into to

See the under tune of all this is

To target the vocal Christian leaders and fathers blackmail them

And remove them so they can islamized the country
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Nitah1: 9:15am On Aug 25, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
undecided Nowadays the ways some churches are being run like business centers.

it becomes more interesting to see pastors building mansions, buying private jets, and living in luxury cry while their members leave in abject poverty tongue but anyway Jesus lived a humble life. undecided

in developed climes churches are registered and regulated i don't know what all this fuss is about cool
I just noticed of recent that almost all the threads that has to do with church,you are always there insulting and saying all manners of rubbish.
If at your age you are still not using ur brain accurately it's in your grave you will put it to use?

Look,church has come to stay,the church is as old as planet earth itself thousand of your type and elrufai plus bokoharam can not stop it..

No gate of hell shall prevail against the church..

Take it that way and grow up.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Tareq1105: 9:15am On Aug 25, 2020
helinues:

This may be a start for them to test their credibility starting from religious houses...

Except if Both Pastors and Imams would also be in partner in discrediting the scheme...

Leave Imams out of this. We all know that it's targeted against Pastors and the church of God.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Christianvoice: 9:15am On Aug 25, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Mosques are also regulated so whats all this fuss undecided
They should go ahead with the Mosques and leave the church alone. What has Islam in Nigeria contributed to the Nation apart from terrorism. Churches built schools across the nations for all. During the recent lockdown how mosques donated for government. The church is well organized than mosques
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by babajero(m): 9:16am On Aug 25, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
so you like it when churches are used to scam people of their hard earned money right

the regulation of churches has nothing to do with the removal of general overseas. Rather the regulation of churches aims to prevent churches from being used for illegal activities and fraud (abi do you support fraud )

under the Buhari administration some of the corrupt and fraudlent money where traced to churches like in the case of magu the EFCC chairman some part of the money was traced to a church now how do you treat such cases without creating laws to regulate the activities of churches to what it is supposed to be
OK you didn't see where it is quoted in the law that the minister can appoint anyone without recourse to the court. If that law is allowed to operate Christianity will be strangulated.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 25, 2020
Watch as this matter dies down. Government and church leaders na padi padi dem be.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by IamDavid(m): 9:19am On Aug 25, 2020
Sagefromtheeast:

Pray tell, which church was that you left?
And the land,was it eventually purchased?
Modified: I hope the person who quoted me has seen the name and exact location of the said church. The Land was purchased. I don't know what you mean by "pray tell"
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Tareq1105: 9:19am On Aug 25, 2020
robosky02:

I agree with you into to

See the under tune of all this is

To target the vocal Christian leaders and fathers blackmail them

And remove them so they can islamized the country

Leave them, it would not work, for the word of God would not return to Him void.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Christianvoice: 9:20am On Aug 25, 2020
donnie:

That's not speculation, its called deductive reasoning. And by the way, you are COMPELLED, LIED TO and in fact THREATENED using scriptures quoted out of context, to part with those monthly sums you call tithes.

I sha agree that government should get it's act right first wrt taxpayers' monies before eying church funds.
Leave that idiot above you. May be he is a backslider. Do pastors force people to pay tithes like the carry police to locking people's shops if you fail to pay taxes?
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by XXXXTENTACION: 9:20am On Aug 25, 2020
Nitah1:
I just noticed of recent that almost all the threads that has to do with church,you are always there insulting and saying all manners of rubbish.
If at your age you are still not using ur brain accurately it's in your grave you will put it to use?

Look,church has come to stay,the church is as old as planet earth itself thousand of your type and elrufai plus bokoharam can not stop it..

No gate of hell shall prevail against the church..

Take it that way and grow up.
That one na your own opinion undecided but if you don't like my opinion you can go and eat $hit tongue
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by XXXXTENTACION: 9:23am On Aug 25, 2020
Christianvoice:

They should go ahead with the Mosques and leave the church alone. What has Islam in Nigeria contributed to the Nation apart from terrorism. Churches built schools across the nations for all. During the recent lockdown how mosques donated for government. The church is well organized than mosques
if thats your opinion and you don't like the law you can go and complain to the national assembly undecided they are in abuja don't qoute me again undecided
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by FatherOfJesus: 9:23am On Aug 25, 2020
That's not the argument? Is the church not a den for thieves?

Making reference to the senate is a fallacy of special pleading
Openbusiness:
Monitored by who: is it The House of ReprentaThieves or the Senathieves or the Federal Government of looting for looting by looting - who should monitor pls Oh, yeah, according to you, the Church is a "rotten den of thieves" that should be monitored by the most rotten biggest thieves in the world, yeah right, you're really super intelligent I can see that grin
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Afolabimills(m): 9:23am On Aug 25, 2020
BreconHills:

The law can do anything to you when you are subject to it - it can even kill you. But the church was never supposed to be registered by the state and its law? What makes the church? Is it the gathering of the believers together under the authority of the name of Jesus Christ ( his name is most exalted)/ or the incorporation under CAMA and the gathering under the authority of the state? Must a church be incorporated? You can not have your cake and eat it, you can not enjoy the benefits doled out by your registration by the state and then turn around to say you are under Christ? There is a huge difference between law for the peaceful organization of society and law regulating the church? Why do you subject yourself willingly to a law that regulates the church when you are under no legal compulsion to do so?/Do you know the history of the Church pre Constantine or do you simply follow what you were born into - what you see around you? This is a matter of discernment not of knowledge.

You say the church pays tax - of course it does if it is registered. But if twelve or fifteen people meet in a home under the authority of Jesus Christ and they observe the noise limits for residential zoning - are they not the church? Can they be taxed? Of course not.

I thank God that in these times, the sifting of the church has begin so that the glorious church in it's foolishness and weakness may be revealed through the grace of God. The martyrs did not die in vain.
is the govt appoint pastors for the church or imam for the mosque?
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by XXXXTENTACION: 9:26am On Aug 25, 2020
babajero:
OK you didn't see where it is quoted in the law that the minister can appoint anyone without recourse to the court. If that law is allowed to operate Christianity will be strangulated.
No be me write the law if you ain't comfortable with the law you can go complain to the national assembly they are in abuja don't qoute me again undecided
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Lovelyn451(f): 9:31am On Aug 25, 2020
donnie:

I have asked what that pattern is, no answer as yet. undecided
the holy Bible
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by donnie(m): 9:34am On Aug 25, 2020
Lovelyn451:
the holy Bible

And what does Holy Bible say about using church money?
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by dallyemmy: 9:34am On Aug 25, 2020
YOU HARDLY SEE OTHER RELIGIONS COMING OUT TO DISGRACE THEMSELVES OUT...LIKE THOSE PEOPLE WHO CALL THEMSELVES CHRISTIANS

MOST PEOPLE THAT CALLED THEMSELVES CHRISTIANS ALWAYS COME OUT TO DISGRACE THEMSELVES IN PUBLIC...

IT IS EITHER YOU ARE IN OR YOU ARE NOT...

IT IS EITHER YOU OBEY GOD OR OBEY THE DEVIL...

IT IS EITHER YOU ARE HOT OR YOU ARE COLD...NO LUKEWARMNESS

IT IS EITHER YOU CARRY YOUR CROSS DAILY AND FOLLOW CHRIST OR YOU ARE AN HYPOCRITE...

IT IS EITHER YOU ARE FOR CHRIST OR FOR THE DEVIL...

WHY THE OPEN SHOW OF SHAME....?

IF YOU CANNOT OBEY THE WORD OF GOD COMPLETELY ARE YOU A CHRISTIAN?

STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR YOUR WEAKNESSES!

IT IS EITHER YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN OR YOU ARE NOT!
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Lovelyn451(f): 9:42am On Aug 25, 2020
donnie:

And what does Holy Bible say about using church money?
using church money for what exactly?
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Openbusiness: 9:44am On Aug 25, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
That's not the argument? Is the church not a den for thieves?

Making reference to the senate is a fallacy of special pleading
The Church is not a den of thieves. What did they steal from you, tell us? Did they take your freedoms, did they take away your rights, did they steal money from your pockets, did they forcefully tax you, did they embezzle your national wealth and resources? So tell us, in what way are they a den of thieves?
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by donnie(m): 9:45am On Aug 25, 2020
Lovelyn451:
using church money for what exactly?

If you ask me, na who I go ask?
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Christianvoice: 9:46am On Aug 25, 2020
donnie:

Are the churches not organized corporately? Okay, let's assume that they aren't. They are rigistered as Charities right? Shouldn't there be some sort of supervision to ensure that funds being collected are used for the said charitable purposes?

Don't you think this will keep business men posing as priests or pastors away from "minstry"?
Think what? Do you reason things? See, the issue with CAMA is not finances but removing trustees (pastors/priests) without court case. Finances is not a problem.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 25, 2020
donnie:

Are the churches not organized corporately? Okay, let's assume that they aren't. They are rigistered as Charities right? Shouldn't there be some sort of supervision to ensure that funds being collected are used for the said charitable purposes?

Don't you think this will keep business men posing as priests or pastors away from "minstry"?

In the first Place churches does not need to be registered to operate, besides the need to Operate Corporate Banking. Accountability is what made church move away from using individual bank account.

Since government is not funding them why should they care how fund are being utilized?
Why not allow the church body employed the service of auditors themselves?
Since we have EFCC, ICPC and the likes to checkmate corrupt practices what stop the Government from using those apparatus?
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by donnie(m): 9:49am On Aug 25, 2020
Christianvoice:

Think what? Do you reason things? See, the issue with CAMA is not finances but removing trustees (pastors/priests) without court case. Finances is not a problem.

The priests or Pastors themselves don't have to be trustees to have influence over what the trustees do.

I will not be surprised if Pastor Chris for example is not a registered trustee of CE. But of course, his die-hard loyalists will be trustees.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Christianvoice: 9:52am On Aug 25, 2020
Church is helping people who believe in her. Most of big churches are located in the south. Are Southerners not doing well? Here in the North is poverty where you see street beggers everywhere while their elites and their children are enjoying like Elrufai, Emir Sanusi

1 Like

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by olumike001(m): 9:53am On Aug 25, 2020
helinues:

Should that be the right question to ask at this time...

Let's see how government will oversee church income and then we can determine the level of transparency.

No going back about this...
You want to experiment?
The issue about the CAMA isn't the overseeing or not but there is no room for church to go to court for any reason, didn't you read it. How can you take over anything even if not money without hearing it out through court or discussion. Every decision will be solely based on the outcome of there own investigation.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Christianvoice: 9:55am On Aug 25, 2020
donnie:

The priests or Pastors themselves don't have to be trustees to have influence over what the trustees do.

I will not be surprised if Pastor Chris for example is not a registered trustee of CE. But of course, his die-hard loyalists will be trustees.
You want a secular Minister of Trade and Investment to oversee the church in your comment?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Caught Stealing From Church Offering In Lagos / Woman Delivers Baby At Dunamis International Gospel Church In Abuja / An Owl "Killed" By Bishop Sam Zuga's World Wonders Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.