Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? (31487 Views)

CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances / CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Image123(m): 9:23am On Aug 24, 2020
Omo see Donnie oh, now surviving on youtube views. It is well oh. Anyway, cama or no karma, Jesus Christ is not a racist. Government has too much on its plate that is grossly mismanaged. This new move to help non-government organisations to manage is not very wise. Another copy cat product. They should remove the logs of wood all over their eyes before talking about the specks in the non government organisations that we didn't vote for.

2 Likes

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by donnie(m): 10:41am On Aug 24, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Boxed into a corner, you are forced to speculate about Jesus. I like that.

By the way, I don't care about Oyedepo or Oyakhilome rendering account for me to see. I release my tithes towards God through them willingly unlike tax I am compelled to pay.

How many account have govt rendered to me. The average project done for less than half a billion under Oyedepo and Oyakhilome goes for many many billion under govt that's fighting corruption and you expect me to want a rendering of account from a church I am not compelled to remain or forced to join? You must be deeply stúpid.

That's not speculation, its called deductive reasoning. And by the way, you are COMPELLED, LIED TO and in fact THREATENED using scriptures quoted out of context, to part with those monthly sums you call tithes.

I sha agree that government should get it's act right first wrt taxpayers' monies before eying church funds.

6 Likes

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by CodeTemplar: 10:54am On Aug 24, 2020
donnie:

That's not speculation, its called deductive reasoning. And by the way, you are COMPELLED, LIED TO and in fact THREATENED usingl scriptures quoted out of context, to part with those monthly sums you call tithes.

I sha agree that government should get it's act right first wrt taxpayers' monies before eying church funds.
Nobody or body is threatening me, if any or anyone did, I never perceived it.

5 Likes

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by donnie(m): 11:00am On Aug 24, 2020
Image123:
Omo see Donnie oh, now surviving on youtube views. It is well oh. Anyway, cama or no karma, Jesus Christ is not a racist. Government has too much on its plate that is grossly mismanaged. This new move to help non-government organisations to manage is not very wise. Another copy cat product. They should remove the logs of wood all over their eyes before talking about the specks in the non government organisations that we didn't vote for.

Keep deceiving yourself. If I have deep interest and have received training in science, you might want to call me a scientist. If I've studied and have interest in Archeology, you'd call me an archeologist.

If the Most High and MESSIAH will take particular interest in this race of people known today as ISRAEL (YISOLELE/ ISOLATE). Then you can call him a racist ...No big deal.

Deuteronomy 28:1
And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that YAHUAH thy ELOHIYM will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:

Matthew 15:24
He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Your so-called general Jesus, general gospel, general god, general salvation exist only within the lies of Christianity AKA Babylon.

2 Likes

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 24, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Did Jesus render annual account to his followers with what Judas kept as treasurer? Didn't Jesus receive gifts? Didn't Paul receive gifts? By the way, no one is forced to belong to any church so if you do not agree with how funds are spent, you can always leave instead of talking all deranged.

You can gather friends together, raise funds to do whatever you feel like (as far as it's not criminal) etc and the govt will not give 2 fvcks about you. When you register your organisation from that gathering with govt on the other hand...

4 Likes

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by CodeTemplar: 2:04pm On Aug 24, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

You can gather friends together, raise funds to do whatever you feel like (as far as it's not criminal) etc and the govt will not give 2 fvcks about you. When you register your organisation from that gathering with govt on the other hand...
...keep it sensible. The govt forced them to register by discriminating against churches not registered.

4 Likes

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by donnie(m): 4:40pm On Aug 24, 2020
CodeTemplar:
...keep it sensible. The govt forced them to register by discriminating against churches not registered.

Why shouldn't they register? How will we know the difference between criminal organizations and places of worship?

3 Likes

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Image123(m): 8:17pm On Aug 24, 2020
donnie:

Keep deceiving yourself. If I have deep interest and have received training in science, you might want to call me a scientist. If I've studied and have interest in Archeology, you'd call me an archeologist.

If the Most High and MESSIAH will take particular interest in this race of people known today as ISRAEL (YISOLELE/ ISOLATE). Then you can call him a racist ...No big deal.

And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that YAHUAH thy ELOHIYM will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:

Your so-called general Jesus, general gospel, general god, general salvation exist only within the lies of Christianity AKA Babylon.

Donnie, Racism is
1. animosity toward other races: prejudice or animosity against people who belong to other races
2. belief in racial superiority: the belief that people of different races have different qualities and abilities, and that some races are inherently superior or inferior

You are a racist but God is not. God does not have hatred or animosity to other races. God does not like black and hate white or vice versa. The Bible tells us that God LOVES the world. The verses you quoted or will want to quote simply show that He has preferences. Every human has preferences. There are NL handles i prefer to the other, there are colours i prefer to the other, there are foods are prefer to the other. Even among your own children, you have preferences. Only that you should not show preferences or emphasize preferences.
Having preferences is up to you, it is your God-given right as it were. This is very different from the animosity and superiority you display, even to the point of judgement. Also, any cursory reader of the Bible knows that Jesus came for all of mankind/humanity. He only STARTED from the children of Israel. He gave commission to go into ALL the world. It is high folly to use what He did in Israel for three years(doing good, saving sinners and healing) and ignore that He has done the same thing(worldwide) for over 2000 years(doing good, saving sinners and healing). Be smart please.

9 Likes

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by donnie(m): 9:16pm On Aug 24, 2020
Image123:

Donnie, Racism is
1. animosity toward other races: prejudice or animosity against people who belong to other races
2. belief in racial superiority: the belief that people of different races have different qualities and abilities, and that some races are inherently superior or inferior

1. Have you seen me shooting any whites? Have I lynched any white you know? Have I kneeled down on any white man's neck in public? Biko free me jare, is it by force to join you in worshipping white man?

2. Yes, we're a much more superior race and that's a YAH-given blessing. No apologies for that.

Esdras 6
55 “All this I have spoken before you, O Lord, because you have said that it was for us that you created this world.
56 As for the other nations that have descended from Adam, you have said that they are nothing, and that they are like spittle, and you have compared their abundance to a drop from a bucket.

If EDOM/Amalekites/white people have done anything worthy of judgment (for which there is ovehweling evidence to the fact) they should prepare to face their judgement. And that's not my problem.

2 Likes

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by desiredhome: 9:52pm On Aug 24, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Funds are not collected but donated willingly. The donors are continually donating knowing what the funds are used for so what is the role of an uninvited third party - the government?

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM....so the money from widows, orphans, the less privileged amongst you, that were promised better life/imaginary blessings are donations?.......

5 Likes

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by CodeTemplar: 10:01pm On Aug 24, 2020
desiredhome:

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM....so the money from widows, orphans, the less privileged amongst you, that were promised better life/imaginary blessings are donations?.......
Where is your evidence of these promises?

2 Likes

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Nobody: 5:36am On Aug 25, 2020
CodeTemplar:

Why should a church register with govt? Discriminating against churches how?
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by PassingShot(m): 6:23am On Aug 25, 2020
orunto27:
JESUS IS THE BLUE PRINT FOR CHURCHES AND CAN NEVER FIT INTO CAMA ADAPTED FOR RIFA-RUGA ISLAMISATION FULANISATION AND ANARCHY.
Gullibility at its PEAK.

But same churches, including Oyedepo's, are subjected to govt regulations in USA, Uk and other "saner climes"

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 25, 2020
Church can NEVER be controlled by moslems...

It will NEVER happen.
donnie:
Is CAMA antichurch?
What is the Church?
BISHOP OYEDEPO: Church is run according to the pattern received from God.
Question: What is this Pattern?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPck2y8Toa8

2 Likes

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by ITbomb(m): 6:31am On Aug 25, 2020
My only problem is where a church can be taken over by unknown persons without recourse to court or right to fair hearing

Every other item is proper, church shouldn't be run as private business

7 Likes

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by IamDavid(m): 6:32am On Aug 25, 2020
The government is not in the position to oversee religious organizations financial income and expenditures. Every fund received at the church, whether first fruit or tithe or offering, donation or development "levy" is freewill. The payer pays based on his relationship with God and his conviction. How is this the government's concern?

People shame churches all over the internet, yet, I've seen churches perform more charity than any other sect. Some churches print out their balance sheet at the end of every year, detailed, prepared by qualified professionals who has volunteered to do so.

Even in the worst case scenario, like the time a church I used to attend back then asked all members to empty their accounts to procure land for the church, is still hot enough reason to allow government's oversight. I simply left the church (More than half of us left). No noise. Some stayed without paying, some donated half of their account balance, I know some who dropped everything they had. All good.

I don't want to delve into the fact that the government in discussion is nothing to write home about. In fact, since it is coming from the "Nigerian Government" the whole agenda makes no sense.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by money121(m): 6:32am On Aug 25, 2020
Ok
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by inumidun2010(m): 6:34am On Aug 25, 2020
You mean the Confused Government wants to dabble into church affairs?... They should fix their problems first.. Only God knows what Buhari's Special Advisers are advising him..

5 Likes

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by HeavenlyHolines(m): 6:36am On Aug 25, 2020
For me,the reason why the churches don't want to buy the government idea is because the government themselves are not sincere in any policy. Hadn't been Nigeria is like the UK, USA etc,the churches won't bother because they know where it will end. Also, the government is derailing from what is a priority. What Nigeria needs is different from what they are pursuing.

1 Like

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Okuda(m): 6:37am On Aug 25, 2020
helinues:

This may be a start for them to test their credibility starting from religious houses...

Except if Both Pastors and Imams would also be in partner in discrediting the scheme...

you are a fooooool at whatever age you are. i am not sorry to say or get banned but you must know this...

7 Likes

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Softhands(m): 6:39am On Aug 25, 2020
donnie:

Please... Na today NIGERIA begin copy copy?
And YES countries with good roads, power, social systems, security etc.
and there are good roads in Nigeria naim you dey visit mechanic for wheel alignment every 2 weeks... Shior!
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Sannisege: 6:40am On Aug 25, 2020
Even the Jesus that Oyedepo claims to serve said clearly that you should give unto Ceaser what is Ceaser’s and give unto God what is God’s. Oyedepo doesn’t want to be accountable.

2 Likes

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by HabaHaba: 6:41am On Aug 25, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Boxed into a corner, you are forced to speculate about Jesus. I like that.

By the way, I don't care about Oyedepo or Oyakhilome rendering account for me to see. I release my tithes towards God through them willingly unlike tax I am compelled to pay.

How many account have govt rendered to me. The average project done for less than half a billion under Oyedepo and Oyakhilome goes for many many billion under govt that's fighting corruption and you expect me to want a rendering of account from a church I am not compelled to remain or forced to join? You must be deeply stúpid.

Brother, you seem to forget the Bible verse that "but those comparing themselves with themselves are not wise"

Stop arguing with people who are not spiritual and so can NEVER reason along your spiritually inspired lines of reasoning.

Imagine he mentioning Homosexuality country. Hmm, that means he's a supporter of such lifestyle and encourages it.
When you listen to certain folks, you'd know if you are to continue discussing with them or cease forthrightly.

Peace to you.

1 Like

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by olisaEze(m): 6:43am On Aug 25, 2020
What really is the purpose of this CAMA act? Pls no one should tell me that dis govt is trying to protect d people, because from experience d political class never does anything for d masses if it doesn’t earn them huge monetary benefits.
Most that are shouting pastors are scammers don’t even have a personal experience. Many have never been actively involved in church building/activities, they just heard second hand stories of one aggrieved party and started opening their mouths wawawaaa everywhere.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by princeSammyz: 6:45am On Aug 25, 2020
I think from what I read about the law, it allows government to appoint an Interim management at times it deem necessary so as to probe the activities of the church, and of course every other org in same category. I wonder why we should be so worried if things are all going right with the running of these org before the new CAMA. Maybe I am missing something. Someone should enlighten us please on exactly how the new CAMA could make things grossly different in such a way that it will inhibit the spiritual duties of the church. I do not like to rush in condemning a thing before i fully understand its motive, more so that similar laws are obtainable elsewhere. Maybe someone should put light on the motive or as the church would like to say, the interest, of the government with this law and why a spiritual body should be exempted. The comments so far have not addressed that.

3 Likes

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by MuttleyLaff: 6:46am On Aug 25, 2020
donnie:

If the Most High and MESSIAH will take particular interest in this race of people known today as ISRAEL (YISOLELE/ ISOLATE). Then you can call him a racist ...No big deal

You have, as usual resorted to scripture prooftexting again, so to justify your warped and twisted way of reasoning. Professional isn't the same as wannabe. The racist is an exception to this, you're increasingly turning into becoming a professional racist

Image123:
Donnie, Racism is

You are a racist but God is not. God does not have hatred or animosity to other races. God does not like black and hate white or vice versa. The Bible tells us that God LOVES the world. The verses you quoted or will want to quote simply show that He has preferences. Every human has preferences. There are NL handles i prefer to the other, there are colours i prefer to the other, there are foods are prefer to the other. Even among your own children, you have preferences. Only that you should not show preferences or emphasize preferences.
Having preferences is up to you, it is your God-given right as it were. This is very different from the animosity and superiority you display, even to the point of judgement. Also, any cursory reader of the Bible knows that Jesus came for all of mankind/humanity. He only STARTED from the children of Israel. He gave commission to go into ALL the world. It is high folly to use what He did in Israel for three years(doing good, saving sinners and healing) and ignore that He has done the same thing(worldwide) for over 2000 years(doing good, saving sinners and healing). Be smart please.

donnie:
1. Have you seen me shooting any whites? Have I lynched any white you know? Have I kneeled down on any white man's neck in public? Biko free me jare, is it by force to join you in worshipping white man?

2. Yes, we're a much more superior race and that's a YAH-given blessing. No apologies for that.

Esdras 6
55 “All this I have spoken before you, O Lord, because you have said that it was for us that you created this world.
56 As for the other nations that have descended from Adam, you have said that they are nothing, and that they are like spittle, and you have compared their abundance to a drop from a bucket.

If EDOM/Amalekites/white people have done anything worthy of judgment (for which there is ovehweling evidence to the fact) they should prepare to face their judgement. And that's not my problem.
"But I say to you that everyone looking upon a woman
in order to lust after her already has committed adultery with her in his heart
."
- Matthew 5:28

[img]https://s7/images/MuttleyLaffJagaban.jpg[/img]
You havent yet been seen shooting any whites Haven't yet lynched any white, we you know off. You havent the Jagaban style yet knelt down on any Lagosian/white man's neck in public, but you sire, in your heart, defo have committed racism

1 Like

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by dokyOloye: 6:47am On Aug 25, 2020
helinues:

Should that be the right question to ask at this time...

Let's see how government will oversee church income and then we can determine the level of transparency.

No going back about this...
una own mosque na bomb dem use know am already.
No need to oversee anything

1 Like

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Oracleforce: 6:48am On Aug 25, 2020
helinues:

This may be a start for them to test their credibility starting from religious houses...

Except if Both Pastors and Imams would also be in partner in discrediting the scheme...

Imams and sarduna of Sokoto will not speak against it because it is a sinister agenda...it is a ploy to give the control of the church to some Islamic bigot elements In the government.
They know that the reason why churches have edges above mosques is their financial capacity and their ability to create robust impact and penetrate some Muslim community with their good deeds thereby woo some of their Muslim faithful to the knowledge of Christ...
So, from that understanding, they need to create an enabling law in order to cripple the financial capabilities and capacities of churches and in order not for them to function optimally as they should...it is a strategy.....
Satanic strategy to make the work of God grounded because of lack of financial capacity...
This is hatred from the pit of hell.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by jUeLiZ: 6:48am On Aug 25, 2020
what are the government up to.., what do they really want to achieve with this CAMA of a thing?

if they have any hidden motives, KARMA will always hunt them

1 Like

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by lomprico(m): 6:48am On Aug 25, 2020
Gbam!
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Ologbojo2023: 6:49am On Aug 25, 2020
helinues:
If the churches are not ready to abide by the law of the land, they should be deregistered
you're missing it what applicable to churches should also apply to mosques. Shikana
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by lessonotes(f): 6:51am On Aug 25, 2020
Its better to read the CAMA rules before commenting, or else person go just comment based on emotions.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Woman Delivers Baby At Dunamis International Gospel Church In Abuja / An Owl "Killed" By Bishop Sam Zuga's World Wonders Water / The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.