Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? (31420 Views)

CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances / CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Gmajor(m): 1:26pm On Aug 25, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Get lost.

When confronted with facts, you scurry away like a coward.
Mtchew.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Nitah1: 1:38pm On Aug 25, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
That one na your own opinion undecided but if you don't like my opinion you can go and eat $hit tongue
Just as you and you terror goons can go and eat shit if you do not like Christians and their pastors especially OYEDEPO..

Go worship your prophet that had no prophecy...when you finally meet him in hell tell him he's an azz hole grin
XXXXTENTACION:
That one na your own opinion undecided but if you don't like my opinion you can go and eat $hit tongue
Just as you and your terrorists goons can go and eat shit if you do not like Christians and their pastors especially OYEDEPO..

Go worship your prophet that had no prophecy...when you finally meet him in hell tell him he's an azz hole
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by robosky02(m): 1:49pm On Aug 25, 2020
SUPERPACK:
And same vocal christian leaders brought this government to power. Islamize this and that have they islamized you since you started blackmailing the government from 2015?

What has this government achieved name them
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by CodeTemplar: 1:50pm On Aug 25, 2020
Gmajor:

When confronted with facts, you scurry away like a coward. Mtchew.
Speculation that hold no water isn't facts. Now get lost again.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by femmy2010(m): 2:06pm On Aug 25, 2020
Goke7:

Most other churches where the founders are still alive don't want to do this

That means they want to keep raising money from tithes and offering and send from Church accounts to theirs where thet can use it to by Private Jets and private real estate properties

1 Like

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by femmy2010(m): 2:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
damosky12:

Virtually all churches are complaining. I don't know Muslim organizations.

If the government had been more accountable, don't you think no one will have an issue.

The taxes you pay, and the billions and trillions in custody of the govt are always disappearing into a few hands.

Don't you sincerely think the government should put their house in order first, before interfering with other people?

My brother , not all churches are complaining.
The government is not asking the churches to pay Taxes but put its house in order and we are all fine .
It is obvious many of those General overseers and founders are worst then politicians .
Tithes and offering equals to their private funds this days .

1 Like

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by mentored: 2:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
helinues:

Should that be the right question to ask at this time...

Let's see how government will oversee church income and then we can determine the level of transparency.

No going back about this...

Anu mpam
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by damosky12(m): 2:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
femmy2010:

My brother , not all churches are complaining.
The government is not asking the churches to pay Taxes but put its house in order and we are all fine .
It is obvious many of those General overseers and founders are worst then politicians .
Tithes and offering equals to their private funds this days .

How many churches have leveled allegations against their GOs. Have people stopped giving willingly to their churches?

If a pastor makes tithes and offerings his personal funds and the people do not complain about it, how is that anyone's business?

Pastors are only answerable to God and their church members. Not the whole of Nigerians.

The government that is supposed to be answerable to Nigerians aren't. But they want you to think church is your problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Olatunde26: 2:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
What law should turn a supposed democratic government to an autocratic one; why should the church board be removed regarding financial matters without . This is what they are saying, once they sense any anomaly whether true or not, they have the right to remove the board and take over and then control the finance, then the church/organisation in question may now proceed to the court. We all know the justice in Nigeria where you may wait several months or even years before you get justice. What organisation continues to function without funds? If I may ask, should the government take over your organisation's finances without fair hearing, because fraud is suspected? If at all any law like that will be enforced, it should not strip people of their right to justice before judgement.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by favor914: 3:15pm On Aug 25, 2020
CodeTemplar:
You mean countries with homosexuality laws?
Aren’t they the ones that gave you the religion you & Oyedepo are practicing? If you mention Sango they will call you idol worshipper.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by MuttleyLaff: 3:53pm On Aug 25, 2020
crowther15:
[s]Oga this trash you just posted here, I pray God will forgive you. The word of the cross is like a fool to those who will perish.
The member of the Living faith Mission didn't tell you they are living in poverty.
Is your tithe and offering going to the mission?
Is better you repent and accept Jesus Christ.[/s]
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by peterafolayan(m): 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Funds are not collected but donated willingly. The donors are continually donating knowing what the funds are used for so what is the role of an uninvited third party - the government?
The role of an uninvited third party is the registration the church did with them. After all Jesus didn't register His ministry with the government of His days.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by peterafolayan(m): 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Funds are not collected but donated willingly. The donors are continually donating knowing what the funds are used for so what is the role of an uninvited third party - the government?
The role of an uninvited third party is the registration the church did with them. After all Jesus didn't register His ministry with the government of His days.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by bezimo(m): 4:44pm On Aug 25, 2020
donnie:

Do you think the government is in position to oversee church income at this time, given the level of transparency wrt government funds.

That's not possible nah. Govt has no right to oversee church funds
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by bezimo(m): 4:47pm On Aug 25, 2020
donnie:

Are the churches not organized corporately? Okay, let's assume that they aren't. They are rigistered as Charities right? Shouldn't there be some sort of supervision to ensure that funds being collected are used for the said charitable purposes?

Don't you think this will keep business men posing as priests or pastors away from "minstry"?

The Donors who have the money to church HAVE NOT stated they want government to supervise church on how their money is spent..there is no way the matter can be justified..the tax payer money looted by government politicians...how many have been held accountable..
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by bezimo(m): 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2020
donnie:

We're talking about people's money, you're saying WAY TRUTH AND LIFE.

Which peoples money..my money is there 100%..i am not sure you or your father's money is there.. why should it be you or govt business on how church spend the money I gave them willingly..or did I or we the givers send you..my friends that's not gonna work.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by CodeTemplar: 5:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
peterafolayan:
Can a church issue a valid marriage certificate without being registered with the govt. The govt forced them to register with them and so it is wrong to now target them with harsh laws.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by chaloskyx: 5:12pm On Aug 25, 2020
Oga give to Cesar what is due to Cesar and leave the poor masses alone its the same way you are complaining about taxes that we too are complaining about tithes that we pay to the church
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by CodeTemplar: 5:13pm On Aug 25, 2020
favor914:
Aren’t they the ones that gave you the religion you & Oyedepo are practicing? If you mention Sango they will call you idol worshipper.
There are Christians and there are white suppremacists. Learn to differentiate.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by chiteny(m): 5:21pm On Aug 25, 2020
Keneeby:

The main issue here is government interfering with church leadership. Mallam Aboki who is a minister of Nigeria has power to suspend or dismiss church leadership and nobody can challenge it in court. This is a war against the church.

I believe it was not war against the church when mainly Christians in the north were being killed and none of the GOs shouting today stood their ground against it. Now its what touches them (money and power) everyone is shouting.

We had (probably still have) the opportunity to change the status quo of evil in this country but the GOs who frolic with these politicians will not make this categorical stance.

Just one Sunday protest in declaration from 2 to 3 GOs against just one or two evils that bedeviling this country would make us have a U-turn for the better. But of course none will speak up.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Fawklicant: 6:19pm On Aug 25, 2020
The govt has no business with religion much less regulating christianity.
Set aside the ill feeling towards pastors flying jets. Set aside thier lavish lifestyles. Government has no business regulating or meddling with christianity, appointing trustees and all. That's all shades of wrong.
They have come against your freedom, you kept quiet. They came for your lands with RUGA, you kept quiet. They kill us in southern kaduna. We are quiet. They slapped us with hate speech. We are all quiet.
They have become emboldened and come after your church and the foolish ones amongst us are cheering them up because they don't like pastors flying jets. If you don't like that (like me) stop putting your money there and use your brain.
But honor God by resisting evil. The govt is evil for meddling with the church of Christ.

Don't be stupid. If you choose to remain stupid, everything will be taken from you in due course.

Say a big NO to this evil CAMA act. It's unfortunate that a supposed pastor is the VP.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Keneeby(m): 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2020
chiteny:

I believe it was not war against the church when mainly Christians in the north were being killed and none of the GOs shouting today stood their ground against it. Now its what touches them (money and power) everyone is shouting.

We had (probably still have) the opportunity to change the status quo of evil in this country but the GOs who frolic with these politicians will not make this categorical stance.

Just one Sunday protest in declaration from 2 to 3 GOs against just one or two evils that bedeviling this country would make us have a U-turn for the better. But of course none will speak up.

CAN protested against insecurity in Nigeria, Pastor Adeboye did the same, Apostle Suleiman spoke against it, Bishop Oyedepo always speaks against Islamization of Nigeria. May be you have not been following the happenings.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by NaMeAboki: 7:36pm On Aug 25, 2020
dane15:

I think you are missing the point. The Bishop's concerns are that, "Na from clap we dey enter dance". If the Bishop gets NGN200m in a year how much will his tax be from the point of Personal Income? Let's say NGN50m. How does that stop him from living well? His worries are that a government that is seemingly intolerant to other religions and uninterested in the welfare of Christians has been trying to tamper with the structure of Christianity for sometime. Not too long ago, we almost had a law that targeted the founders of Churches and almost wanted to replace them, hate speech bill came because some leaders didn't like the fact they were challenged by leaders from the pulpits, now we are talking about regulating a Church by unbelievers who don't understand what a Church is even all about.

See below:

The most disturbing aspect according to concerned Nigerians, especially Christians, is in Part C, sections 1 and 839 (1). The section thus appears to give the CAC (through a Registrar-General), wide powers to appoint or remove trustees (politically) to oversee the Church, hence the probability of these appointees who may not be of like faith, being used capriciously.

Shouldn't a responsible Government that has genuine concerns about the running of Churches and other organizations invite key stakeholders of the umbrella bodies of organizations concerned so that they can have a fair opportunity to give their reasons on why and how the document can be improved? Would getting their buy in not help reduce compliance costs? Why do we always copy civilized countries in an half baked manner?

What value is this part of the CAMA going to add to Nigerians? Will it end insecurity in the NE or transform our economy? NDDC has been overseen by the Presidency for years, what has changed? When did Government start overseeing spiritual activities? Is this another attempt to create work for another agency of Government to guzzle taxpayers money?
This is considering the backlash that this decision will generate in a country like Nigeria. Let me remind you that Nigeria is one of the most religious countries in the world. How do I know? A case in point, we had riots because someone drew a cartoon of a highly revered Prophet in a far away country. Yes, that's how religious Nigerians can be.

I do not see what value appointing a Christian as a Trustee in a Mosque management would bring and vice versa. Why can't we allow people to drink water and keep cup?

The point I was making was that the position of the Bishop amounted to double standards and hypocrisy.

If he would abide by similar laws for his churches abroad then why wouldn't he do the same in his own country - why would he think he is above the laws here and not above those abroad?

Secondly, the CAMA law is not discriminatory or targeted at Christians only but equally affects all other religious organisations as well as NGOs; it is therefore misleading and quite dishonest of him to make ppl (especially his followers) believe otherwise.

The law simply wants to ensure transparency, especially since such organisations almost entirely rely on donated money; and that malicious groups (e.g. terrorists, extremists etc) do not use the cover of these organisations to channel money and sponsor activities that could otherwise threaten the state security.

If the Bishop and his ilk are clean/transparent enough then they should have no reason to feel threatened by such law - which anyway is not meant to tamper/control any of the said organisations but only to intervene when gross impropriety is detected.

No, I can't see the possibility where a non-Christian would be appointed as a member on the board of any Church and vice versa for other religions.

It is also false narrative for ppl like him and others to infer that the law was enacted because the govt is headed by a Muslim; this is because the law had been in the pipeline since Jonathan (himself a Christian).

It is also pertinent to note that govt (the executive in particular) does not make laws but the National Assembly does; for which there is a process, directly or indirectly involving all stakeholders.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by desiredhome: 7:53pm On Aug 25, 2020
Christianvoice:

Your Northern elites collected the wealth of the entire north and enrich themselves while there is so much poverty in their religion releasing children into the streets to beg for food. How many big churches are in the north? How many Abokists or vulnerable people in the north go to church and contribute or give offering yet they are poor and beggers. Most of the big churches are in the south. We Southerners we are not complaining. Churches are really adding value to our lives. Children in the south are in schools and not out of schools or in the streets begging. Stop all this nonsense.it is Muslims that are complaining about churches and not born again Christians. We are doing well even when are not in politics like you

First..I am from Rivers State, and I am a Christian

The topic here is how the Penticostal cabals are using Church to enslave their guilible/vulnerable members.....

You are far from the truth to think that there is no poverty in the South....the same poverty that have brought insecurity and increase in crime in the society......

When you start torrerating/love others then you will have peace......
That is what Christianity stands for...
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Salt3: 7:58pm On Aug 25, 2020
orunto27:
JESUS IS THE BLUE PRINT FOR CHURCHES AND CAN NEVER FIT INTO CAMA ADAPTED FOR RIFA-RUGA ISLAMISATION FULANISATION AND ANARCHY.

Do they see Jesus as the blueprint or the GO ?
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by desiredhome: 8:08pm On Aug 25, 2020
NaMeAboki:

The point I was making was that the position of the Bishop amounted to double standards and hypocrisy.

If he would abide by similar laws for his churches abroad then why wouldn't he do the same in his own country - why would he think he is above the laws here and not above those abroad?

Secondly, the CAMA law is not discriminatory or targeted at Christians only but equally affects all other religious organisations as well as NGOs; it is therefore misleading and quite dishonest of him to make ppl (especially his followers) believe otherwise.

The law simply wants to ensure transparency, especially since such organisations almost entirely rely on donated money; and that malicious groups (e.g. terrorists, extremists etc) do not use the cover of these organisations to channel money and sponsor activities that could otherwise threaten the state security.

If the Bishop and his ilk are clean/transparent enough then they should have no reason to feel threatened by such law - which anyway is not meant to tamper/control any of the said organisations but only to intervene when gross impropriety is detected.

No, I can't see the possibility where a non-Christian would be appointed as a member on the board of any Church and vice versa for other religions.

It is also false narrative for ppl like him and others to infer that the law was enacted because the govt is headed by a Muslim; this is because the law had been in the pipeline since Jonathan (himself a Christian).

It is also pertinent to note that govt (the executive in particular) does not make laws but the National Assembly does; for which there is a process, directly or indirectly involving all stakeholders.

Well explained.......that is how they misinform their guilible members and they will begin to insult themselves......
Is Oyedepo bigger than the government of Nigeria?.......
You call yourself a pastor and people respect you but you can not respect the authority of the government above you
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Kirigidi(m): 9:10pm On Aug 25, 2020
helinues:

Should that be the right question to ask at this time...

Let's see how government will oversee church income and then we can determine the level of transparency.

No going back about this...
let your Islamic government go and oversee mosque income first. The trouble that Buhari is looking for may overwhelm him soon.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by donnie(m): 10:10pm On Aug 25, 2020
Kirigidi:
let your Islamic government go and oversee mosque income first. The trouble that Buhari is looking for may overwhelm him soon.

Mosques don't run like businesses.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Kirigidi(m): 10:15pm On Aug 25, 2020
donnie:

Mosques don't run like businesses.
Is it Church that is run like business? You can't mock God Mr man.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by donnie(m): 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2020
Kirigidi:
Is it Church that is run like business? You can't mock God Mr man.

You and I know the answer to that question.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by Kirigidi(m): 10:29pm On Aug 25, 2020
donnie:

You and I know the answer to that question.
The way and manner we Christians run our church is non of your business. We don't interfere in the way you Moslems run your mosque.
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by donnie(m): 10:30pm On Aug 25, 2020
Kirigidi:
The way and manner we Christians run our church is non of your business. We don't interfere in the way you Moslems run your mosque.

I'm not Muslim

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Olumba Olumba Reveals When President Buhari Will Return / Pastor David Apologizes To Apostle Suleman Over Sex Scandal / "Oh God, Na Like This We God Dey?" Church Poster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.