Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria (58134 Views)

Ganduje Inspects Two Mega Projects To Be Commissioned By Buhari Tomorrow / Senator Dino Melaye's Convoy Blocked While Commissioning Projects In Kogi (Photo / Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:29am On Aug 24, 2020

1 Like

Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by NGpatriot: 3:21am On Aug 24, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
You are just as dumb as Buhari and his governors and ministers and that will ensure Nigeria remain a shithole for a long time . Keep borrowing and wasting millions and billions on white elephant projects . I'm a civil engineer and i'm telling you the Nigeria does not have to borrow billions from China and the projects cost can be thrice reduced. Your foolishness makes me sad , it seems your natural destiny is to be a slave .smh

B3ACHSIDE:
You are a fatherless dumpster baby because Your mother is a prostitute and you're a product of rape .You had no father figure ,that's why you're so dumb and loser always on nairaland 24/7. Your mother is disappointed at your foolishness .

B3ACHSIDE:
Your mother is a dirty worthless nigga prostitute , ask her about your real father .
You are a product of rape at eket aka ibom, your mom brought you to the US. You are a loser with no father figure that's why you are dumb ,always on nairaland 24/7 . Your mother is disappointed at your foolishness. What are you doing with your life , Edward Inyang?

B3ACHSIDE:
Stop denying your whorre mother . I won't reply you any further for having the heart to deny your mom. You are a father less dumpster baby and a product of rape at Eket aka ibom. Your mom brought you the US.
You did not have a father figure ,that's why you secretly wear your mom's panties ,wigs , and put on her make up.

B3ACHSIDE:
Shut up, that's your mother . don't deny your LovePeddler mother . .

B3ACHSIDE:
You are a clown and your mother is a dirty worthless nigga prostitute . You have no father , that's why you're so dumb.
You are a dumb stupid Nigga and your dirty nigga girlfriend is a slut too.

I know where you live at grand rapids and I can fly in from California. you are a coward.

I won't waste my time on unstable juvenile rif raf like you.
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:03am On Aug 24, 2020

1 Like

Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by muymacho: 8:30am On Aug 24, 2020
Rossikk:

Can't you do your research or you don't have Google? They've already shown you and you're still asking rubbish.

What is ongoing about 4th Mainland bridge?!!!
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by NGpatriot: 2:58pm On Aug 24, 2020
Lekki Free Trade Zone...........

Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by NGpatriot: 3:11pm On Aug 24, 2020
JK Randle Centre for Yoruba Culture and History, Lagos Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by MiddleDimension: 4:59pm On Aug 24, 2020
Rossikk:

Thanks bro. Appreciated.

It's all in development stages. The way these huge projects work is that they can spend up to 3 years in various pre-construction activities, from feasibility studies to environmental impact assessments, to various ecological tests, to land tenure issues, to contractual obligations clarification etc etc.

Hundreds of meetings take place over one issue or the other, and it can all get protracted.

The mistake many Nigerians make is they see this period of non-construction activity as evidence that the project has been 'abandoned', is a 'scam' etc etc. The media are also generally useless in updating news on these projects. The govt and contractors are not journalists, so they won't generally devote time and energy to informing the public on developments, and will simply continue their work behind the scenes, and you won't know anything till a journalist decides to investigate the status of the project, then they'll learn and publish.

But when journalists are more interested in politics and Aisha Buhari's latest remarks and BB Naija, how can they do their jobs?

For me, the first thing is underground drainage and sidewalks on EVERY street. A comprehensive upgrade of the city is required. Every space must be accounted for. No more sandy, dusty spaces. If there is soil, either pave it, tar it, or grass it.

Houses are generally built sturdily in my view, but simply need aesthetic upgrades - painting, re-roofing to eliminate rusty corrugated iron roofs.

Finally a solid waste disposal system where every house has a huge bin in front of it which is emptied twice a week by waste collection trucks and sent to designated disposal facilities.

These measures alone will transform Lagos to a major world metropolis on the same level as Tokyo, Chicago, and Los Angeles.

Excellent idea, but I reckon it's too late to push for such inland development, especially with Eko Atlantic coming up. There will be a real push by businesses and real estate investors to be as close to that scene as possible, and it will push up prices in the area, which might inspire cheaper inland development in the long run. But for now, Island is it.

don't get me started with the media and journalists. i told someone that the biggest problem Nigeria has is cynicism, not corruption, he argued.

the media did a good job in the 90s. they were that fearless to help win democracy. now that we have it, they completely abandoned one of their key responsibilties which is to educate the people in order to engender in the them a culture of philosophical enquiry.

the rot we see in Nigerian society has a lot to do with the local media failing im their duties.

the Nigeria you think there are no oppportunities, continue to see influx of Indians and Chinese on daily basis.

1 Like

Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by Akanbiedu(m): 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2020
Pepperdem Thread.
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by SEGLIZ: 7:27am On Aug 26, 2020
post=93123028:

GBAMSOLUTELY! You've said it all Chief SEGLIZ.
How dey go dey go our correct brother?

sis dey go is dey go on the sinrinrin senrenren level. gringringrin
things ain't bad but can still get better. cheesycheesycheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by SEGLIZ: 8:21am On Aug 26, 2020
poweredcom:

Las Las na we cast ourselves

Truly bro you said it ..we Nigerians are the ones washing our dirty linens in public.

But it's a face Nigeria babes sabi prostitution die I swear

do you have a sister or a daughter?
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by Horus(m): 8:57pm On Oct 16, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Maryam Abacha, Former First Lady Stuns In New Photos / Uche Ogah Arraigned For Forgery And Fraud / DJ Switch Speaks To Canadian Parliament Over Lekki Shootings (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.