Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,801 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians (34420 Views)

Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal / Desmond Elliot Thanks Tinubu, Others Again As He Sits In Lagos House Of Assembly / Babachir Lawal: I Earned N930,000 Monthly As SGF, Now I Earn N500 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by Islie: 7:35am On Aug 23, 2020
A former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, who was sacked from office over allegations that he misappropriated funds, Babachir Lawal, tells HINDI LIVINUS that the party risks losing the next presidential election if some things are not done

Some members of the All Progressives Congress, including Mamman Daura, a nephew of the President, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), have said competence and not zoning should be the key determinant for the President’s successor in 2023. What do you think about it?

You said some senior members of our party, but I am not aware that Mamman Daura is a card-carrying member of our party. Ideally, Daura is supposed to be considered as an elder in the North on account of his age and achievements in public service. On that basis, we accord him a level of respect to the extent that his comments will carry weight.

But since he has never contested any position, either in the party or in government, we will not take his comments on zoning very seriously. My own inclination is to take it as a personal opinion. The issue of zoning is a very critical component of the Nigerian entity. Zoning is not entrenched in the APC constitution nor is it in our (Nigerian) constitution but a political party is in the business of politics to win elections.

And for any political party to be successful, it has to take into consideration the diverse demography and political structure of its constituents. Don’t forget that our politics is built on some fundamental understanding, though not legal. First, there is the issue of religious balance. We want a country in which every Nigeria feels secure to live their life in a peaceful and prosperous manner in an environment created by the government. Any political party that ignores this is obviously digging its grave. Nigerians like to count the numbers of Muslims and Christians in the Federal Executive Council to see if there is balance.

And one of the things Nigerians have criticised about the security architecture is the fact that they see the top echelons of the security service as being predominantly dominated by Muslims. To that extent, Christians find faults in whatever they do. I suspect that most of the calls that the leadership of the security agencies should be rejigged is because Christians don’t feel comfortable with the dominance of one religion, especially as cases of insurgency, banditry, kidnapping, and so on, have soared and Nigerians have factored in the religious orientation of the perpetrators.

Two, politically, Nigerians want zoning in the polity. In states where the people are homogenous on the basis of religion and tribe, they tend to rotate power across the zones or blocs within the state. At the national level, it translates into North and South; that is the understanding and every Nigerian has come to accept it. That, however, does not mean that Nigerians do not believe that merits should count. But people who have merits are available in all parts of the country and are not localised to any geopolitical zone.

There are fears that the Peoples Democratic Party may field a northerner in 2023 and that it may give them an advantage if your party picks a southerner…

No! The PDP introduced the principle of zoning. Even the All Nigerian Peoples Party, the Congress for Progressive Change, and the Action Congress of Nigeria, which existed then but now defunct, never discussed zoning. The concept was largely successful because the party had elder statesmen like Adamu Ciroma, Alex Ekwueme, and Solomon Lar who could come up with a workable political structure acceptable to the generality of their party members when things got hot. Now, the APC has found itself in the same situation and has to toe that path, or else it will not win the next presidential election. To win the next election, the APC must apply the principle of zoning, though not clearly stated in the APC constitution. We believe by 2023, after the North has produced the President for eight years, the South should have a go at it.

Do you think that will be practical if the former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, is again put forward by the PDP as its candidate? Don’t you think he will win by securing the majority of the votes from the North?

I am not thinking like that. Atiku Abubakar is from Adamawa State and is a northerner like me, but I will like to contest the basis of your statistics. The conclusion that the North produces the largest bloc vote is not true. The North-West geopolitical zone in the North tends to go in one direction all the time. The North-East tends to go in another direction. They have never voted along the same lines and we are not even talking about the Middle Belt.

If the South-West, South-East and South-South agree to vote for one party as they do in the North-West, the chances are that our so-called (northern) numerical strength may be challenged, and we may come off worst.

With Adams Oshiomhole and the APC’s National Working Committee’s removal and Asiwaju Bola Tinubu’s alleged presidential ambitions, do you think there could be divisions in the APC?

First of all, I want to declare that I am a Tinubu man. There’s no denying that there’s a Tinubu factor in the APC. Just like I was a Buharist and every time Buhari’s name was mentioned, I stood by it. But the crisis that started in the APC has nothing to do with 2023. It just had to do with the mismanagement of the party by those entrusted with that responsibility – namely the NWC.

We had a chairman that had deficiencies in management skills in a political system where everybody needed to be carried along. As much as possible, he was like Alexander the Great. In almost every state, because of his approach to politics and conflict resolution, there was crisis, even in states where the APC had no governors. So it got to a stage where everybody was fed up with having Oshiomhole as the chairman. However, there were some people who wanted Oshiomhole out more than the rest and members of the APC knew they had ulterior motives that were not altruistic, but majorly selfish.

Does the selfishness have anything to do with 2023?

Yes, like some governors who wanted to go back to the old days when they would sit down and decide what would happen and who got what in the party. Many within the party felt that as a former governor and labour leader, he would be able to stand up to the governors. We also felt that coming to that position with some affluence; he would not sell our party for pecuniary considerations.

But Oshiomhole, to some certain extent, did not give the governors one inch because he was autocratic or a dictator. And the governors who wanted to go back to running the party created a crisis. It got to a point when even those of us who ordinarily supported Oshiomhole later became disappointed because he so messed us up. But because those who wanted to throw him out were worse than him, we stood by him. They deployed all kinds of arsenal and Machiavellian tactics that no one after something good would be inclined to do. Some of us advocated for a ‘soft landing’ for him. Like every other human being, Oshiomhole had his weaknesses. He, however, started to change towards the end of his reign but it came too late. Those who wanted him out were more desperate. From my own observation, there is very little the national chairman of a party can do to impose a presidential candidate on their party.

Do you see Buhari supporting zoning ahead of 2023?

Buhari believes firmly and strictly in what is legal. Once you point out to the President that this is what the law says, he goes with it and other considerations won’t matter. I don’t know what he will do but it is only necessary that any leader, whose tenure is running out, ought to show interest in who their successor will be. Not for personal reasons but for the continuity of their policies and programmes. To that extent, even if Buhari is not inclined towards it. I will urge him to.

Do you think the President would support that power should move to the South?

When we were in the CPC, we got many votes but didn’t win. But there were other challenges; there was an unhealthy perception that Buhari was a religious bigot. He was also seen as someone who would be hard on corrupt persons and many groups didn’t feel they would be safe if he became the President, especially the Christian community. So we sat down as a strategic group and thought of what we could do.

Which bloc could give us the votes that could make Buhari to become the President? There was no other bloc other than the South-West bloc, which had the defunct ACN in control of states in the South-West as a regional party. This was done as far back as 2010, so we planned to have a merger before the 2011 general elections. But time ran out on us. The merger didn’t work. After the loss, we were encouraged to start the merger process again. I remember a letter from the chairman of the CPC Board of Trustees directing our committee to work with the ACN, only towards having a merger. It was when we read his letter for discussion that we decided that we should not restrict it to the ACN. We moved to include the ANPP.

One of our specific goals was to make Buhari the President. Tinubu was a colossus of South-West politics. If he had said there would be no merger, there wouldn’t have been any merger. By the time we went to the APC national convention, the North-West was not with Buhari. The North-West people were either for Atiku or Rabiu Kwankwaso; most of them, at least. The late Inuwa Abdulkadir and I continued to pile pressure on Tinubu, giving him the statistics. There was no point supporting a candidate that would not win the election. We told Tinubu that this man had 12 million votes, and that there could be two million votes for Atiku and four or five million votes for Kwankwaso at best, and that it would not translate to any electoral victory.

It became very clear that Buhari was going to win that primary election once Tinubu declared publicly his support for him and accepted that the South-West would vote for Buhari.

Between Wednesday and Thursday (before the convention), it was clear Tinubu and Bisi Akande were going to support Buhari and the North-West had no choice but to support Buhari, otherwise they were going to lose out. So if Tinubu had not conceded at that point, I think probably Kwakwanso would have won the presidential nomination of the APC. For that reason alone, you can see Tinubu’s contributions to the emergence of Buhari as President and his role in building the party.

Everybody knows Buhari had no money and he doesn’t play money politics. So he won his presidential primary election without spending money. Also, Buharists didn’t have money; they only had ideas, zeal and fanaticism. And politics requires money. Tinubu, who had his tentacles spread across the corporate world, was the only man who knew where and how to raise the funds needed. He was the one that reached out to all the ‘big men’ who were at the time scared of the then President Goodluck Jonathan. These were all rich men that depended on government’s patronage. But somehow, Tinubu was able to persuade some of them to support Buhari. We had so many experiences, Timipre Sylva (now Minister of State for Petroleum Resources) and I thought we could do it but found out we couldn’t until Tinubu came in and we won the election.

How did you manage to turn around the negative perceptions the public had of Buhari?

At the time, Nigerians saw Buhari as just a wood. He had no emotions. People weren’t seeing him as a loving husband and father, and doubted if he could be humane. It was Tinubu who brought in consultants from the US – the firm behind the successful execution of President Barrack Obama’s campaign. It helped to repackage Buhari to Nigerians. They came and started from the scratch; they did some research work for us. They told us where Buhari was weak and the messages needed to change the long held perception, using billboards and other campaign methods.

That was when you started seeing Buhari wearing a suit, and in Igbo, Yoruba and Kanuri attire. It was then people started to see Buhari as a family man with his beautiful daughters.

The strategy was to transform his image and show a humane, loving and trustworthy person. It helped us. At some point during our strategy sessions, the consultants asked us: why don’t you allow Buhari’s wife to come out so that she can be contrasted with Dame Patience Jonathan? When you do that, you would have won the election already, they said. She provided a contrast to the former First Lady.

Rallies don’t win elections. It is the underground work that wins elections. Almost the same thing repeated itself in 2019. Tinubu doesn’t like to take credit for what he does; he lives for politics, gets his money from politics and spends it on politics. He has no other interest except politics. The monies he spent out of his pocket that are unaccounted for outside of the party’s campaign finances, are quite enormous. I know this because he’s my friend and because I am also involved in the Buhari government. So when there is a crisis, I am the one whose duty is to run to the South-West.

Therefore, except we want to bring the wrath of God on our heads, which we don’t want, the party must create an environment that is free and fair for anybody who wants to contest, including Tinubu, to do so. Allow the delegates, who must have emerged through a similarly free and fair process, decide who they want to vote for. It will be our duty as ‘Tinubu’s boys’ that time to say, ‘Let us vote for Bola’.

By the way, what did we get from several years that the Presidency has resided in the North? Along that line, we have also had vice presidents who were northerners. We have had presidents who were northerners but for some reason, the system is not improving. Presidency from the North is like an albatross around our neck. We northerners can do with power going elsewhere so that at least, we can now complain. But you cannot be holding on to power while things are not working fine. Let us also be able to complain, especially those of us who play active roles in the country.

There have been problems between the Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), and the suspended Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu, people that should be working together to promote the President’s anti-corruption war. How bad do you think this is for the country?

Like the Bible says, the heart of man is desperately wicked: who can phantom it? The conducts of certain people, whether in government or not, is incomprehensible to a normal person with a decent character. Both of them are like my younger brothers. I have known Malami since I was in the CPC and only got to know Magu when I was in government. And I like his sense of duty and commitment to his job. That’s all I know about him. I don’t know however if there had been attempts to address these issues in another way before the options were exhausted and the issues resulted in the escalation of those differences.

What I consider painful in all this is that this government has fought corruption and committed all its energies and resources to fighting corruption irrespective of the parties the people they go after belong to. Some are politically motivated; some are not right. I would not be self-serving if I say take my own case, for instance. This issue has given the international community the impression that we are not serious about our anti-corruption campaign. When I was removed as SGF, the general outcry was that because of my closeness to Buhari, they wanted to weaken my flanks so that they could come after me.

But now in the case of Magu, the narrative is that corruption is fighting back. These are the impressions and the consequences of such conducts. Initially I had the feeling that the system would come after Magu, especially the press and the social media. If you are very discerning, you will know they are with him. The preponderance of opinions is in support of Magu’s position. The views being laid out are as if it is a witch-hunt. There are better ways to end Magu’s reign because no matter what anybody tells you, Magu tried. I used to joke that if you are a thief and you are caught by Magu, nobody can release you unless you cut off his hands.

PUNCH

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by Racoon(m): 7:42am On Aug 23, 2020
They packaged a catastrophe and forced it on this nation
and grounded it.Lawal-the grasscutter crook? Who is giving these shameless men the gut to continue to insult this nation like this?

116 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 23, 2020
Is he saying that it is not what he is?
Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by slivertongue: 7:45am On Aug 23, 2020
failures packaged a follow failure

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by helinues: 7:45am On Aug 23, 2020
grin

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by fallout87: 7:46am On Aug 23, 2020
This is the same guy who stole money from IDP camps... whom should be incarcerated; yet he is free and blowing grammar and sophistication about right and wrong, leadership, etc.

Nigeria I hail thee.

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by amanda2013(f): 7:49am On Aug 23, 2020
Eyaaa
Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by Amotolongbo(f): 7:52am On Aug 23, 2020
Grasscutter is talking

Someone meant to be behind bars.

Buhari is really fighting corruption

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by gasparpisciotta: 7:53am On Aug 23, 2020
Nigeria’s game of thrones.

No one knows who is honest and sincere among the gladiators.

7 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by obinoral1179(m): 7:56am On Aug 23, 2020
Babalachir lawal the former SGF that was removed for fraud has spoken again..

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by Karlifate: 7:57am On Aug 23, 2020
They packaged him for Nigerians & Nigerians accepted him twice.

10 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by slivertongue: 7:57am On Aug 23, 2020
We had a chairman that had deficiencies in management skills in a political system where everybody needed to be carried along.

7 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:58am On Aug 23, 2020
Yes o!
Na serious PACKAGING,
15 MILLION Nigerians can never be wrong.
Those who are for our darling Daddy are more than the criminals that are against him.

Why then do some people choose to see and amplify only negative things? Why do they choose to remain willfully blind and deaf to positive things? And surrounded and confronted by salutary developments, they keep repeating; what has the Buhari administration achieved? Show us.

You tell them that just last weekend, there was a test run of the Lagos-Ibadan rail project, with brand new coaches that will begin commercial operation before the end of the year.
That is happening in a country where we were told we couldn’t afford new coaches when our oil was selling at over 100 dollars per barrel. Now, at about 40 dollars per barrel, we are launching new coaches Alongside many collosal projects going on around the country.
God bless Sai Baba,
A man after God's heart.

They call it packaging, we refer to it as the TRUTH.
Nigerians made no mistake to vote out the evil and looting party that took our country 50 years back in our years of high profits and revenue.
Never again.....

Children of hate, frustration and perdition, read more packaging below.
Na una go tire......
Enemies of the nation everywhere.
Quote us if you are one of the people that is sad to see developments and progress going on around the nation.
Only the blind will never see.

8'O Clock children! grin cheesy wink
(Niw, that is another one! 8'O Clock kids! tongue tongue, your wailing starts now!

Read what Prof. Tam David West had to say about Gen. Buhari, unbelievable.
¤ Buhari is one of the cleanest men I have ever met in my life. If anybody wants me to dislike Buhari, such person should give me an example of his corruption. I will run away from him totally. But right now, there is no evidence. On the contrary, the more they attack him on this issue of corruption, the more they are making him honourable.

¤ I will give two examples:
¤ One, Babangida thought Buhari was making a lot of money on counter trading, so he set up two independent bodies to investigate counter trading.

¤ One of the bodies was headed by J.K. Randle, while the second was headed by Prof. Aboyade of blessed memory. None of them found anything against Buhari. None. I attested before the two bodies.

¤ Great Aboyade commission was digging into Buhari’s counter trading, J.K. Randle, who’s still alive, did the same thing.
¤ But both of them produced reports that showed that counter trading was so clean and was making so much money for Nigeria.

¤ Then two, soon after Obasanjo was sworn in, there was a social function for him in Lagos or so, then surprisingly, some people tried to praise Buhari, Obasanjo said: ‘don’t praise him, I have not probed him.’ It was after that incident that Obasanjo set up Dr. Haroun’s probe panel of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF).
¤ Haroun probed PTF inside out. Buhari was discovered to be as clean as snow.

¤ You know, why he agreed to be the head of PTF was not to condone what Abacha was doing then, but he saw it as a way of serving the country and he did well. I have the record.

¤ Haroun came out and said PTF account was audited every year while Federal Government account was not audited in 36 years.

¤ You know Babangida detained Buhari for 40 months after he overthrew him.
¤ Buhari’s mother died while he was in detention and as a Muslim, I expected Babangida to rise above politics and allow Buhari to go bury his mother. If he was released, I am sure he wouldn’t have run away.
¤ Buhari was not allowed to go bury his mother. But in the night after the woman was buried, Babangida released Buhari.

¤ His son died, the same thing happened.
¤ Anyway, after Buhari came out of detention, he told Babangida to tell the world about his corruption. The records are there.
¤ The same thing happened with the PTF. He told Obasanjo to publish the report of the panel, but Obasanjo could not publish it because it was a certificate of honour for Buhari. If that Haroun’s report had any page in it that indicted Buhari, Obasanjo would have used that to disqualify Buhari from contesting against him.
¤ Buhari is clean. He is not corrupt.

¤ To show how Buhari loves Nigeria, he doesn’t like spending Nigerian money frivolously. When Shehu Shagari’s NPN government was overthrown, as Buhari was assigned to head the Military government of 1983, he never changed any chair or curtain in Dodan Barracks. Buhari used what Shagari was using until his government was also overthrown by IBB and co.

¤ As minister, our total pocket money under Buhari was N200 per month. You could spend less than N200 without accounting for it, but anything above N200, you must account for it.
¤ When he increased the money to N250, we clapped for him at the executive council.

¤ Now, as a former governor of the defunct north-eastern state, former minister of petroleum, former head of state, former executive chairman of PTF, Buhari has no house in Abuja.
¤ If he goes to Abuja, he stays in a private hotel. He has no house either uphill or downhill, apart from his house in Kaduna.

Sane Nigerians, We Need BUHARI by 2019.
PROFESSOR TAM DAVID WEST, Former Nigeria's Petroleum Minister.

fredoooooo:
Go and packagae yourself or others ..
God bless baba Buhari , God Bless Ashiwaju and all the good people of Nigeria ..
Oga Fredoooooo,
God bless you real good brotherly.
Let dem know! cheesy
Happy Sunday to you Chiefoooooo!!

fredoooooo:

Bless you more bro ...
Amen in Jesus name.
And Insha Allah.

Btw, we no be bro ooo,
We are simply WE!

12 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:58am On Aug 23, 2020
Racoon:
and grounded it?
Who grounded the nation between the criminals you supported for 16 years and PMB?
seunmsg:

Even last year, some desperate politicians in conjunction with a particular region packaged Atiku Abubakar, the most corrupt politician in Nigeria since 1999 and almost succeeded in forcing him on us. It took serious resistance from some of us to prevent that catastrophe from happening to the country.
So you see it is what it is; politics of interest.
Racoon, hope you did not miss these wise and true words.
Truth is bitter anyways.
But we will still say it.
Thanks Oga Seun for lecturing him cheesy

Why not try to be telling yourself the truth sometimes Rac?
Read these words below for your beautiful Sunday enjoyment Rac Rac grin cheesy wink
We just happen to stumble on it rn......
Enjoy it.

*Patriotic Nigerians Do not Waste time Arguing with Buhari Haters*

We are not talking about critics who are genuinely concerned about a better Nigeria,. You will know them because when they see good efforts of government they applaud.

But the others, the one who swore on their lives Buhari will never be president, the enemies of the nation, are the ones we are talking about. The following are their traits:

* They lie and mislead others with statements as 'I regret voting Buhari', etc a cliche they started using as early as few months into the Buhari government. To them it doesn't matter that the last government looted the treasury and Buhari met an empty treasury...they will say 'we voted him because he said he will change the nation in '3 months? (Don't bother to ask for proof, lying is their trademark)

* They are the one who swore on their father's head that Buhari died in Aso rock, and later in UK. Then they said the Buhari that returned to Nigeria is a clone (duplicate) and you still take cognizance of what comes out of these peoples mouth.

* They were the ones who said 8 years was not enough for OBJ, and 6 not enough for GEJ etc They are the arijenimadaru - beneficiaries of corruption. They are either the full time politicians, corrupt civil servants, journalists, bankers, fraudulent contractors, religious businessmen etc Its no longer business Aa usual, so they pretend that they are fighting for ordinary Nigerians!!

* When you remind them of how corruption in last government has ruined the nation....they ask you to stop talking about the past

* When you say Buhari is a man of integrity and his fighting corruption...they say his son has a power bike

* When Evans the kidnapper say something against Buhari, he becomes an hero. When you say their heroes and spokespersons lack integrity (IBB, OBJ, Fayose, FFK, Saraki, GEJ, etc)...then they say look at the message not the messenger (what meaningful words do the robber want to utter?)

*They are not interested in any development in Nigeria, if it means ascribing any success to PMB.

* Every good news of the nation brings them sadness, and they remain quiet until another bad news crops up

* If you tell them Buhari is building over 300 roads all over Nigeria, they say it is because of 2019.

* Tell them Buhari is developing the rail system all over Nigeria, they say it is not his initiative that Obasanjo and GEJ had plans to do it.

* Inform them about the agricultural revolution how Nigeria now produces its local food and has become a foremost world exporter of food, they say it is Obasanjo that started Operation feed the nation in the 70s (God have mercy!!!)

* When you say Buhari is working to completing abandoned projects, over 8000 nationwide (Mambila hydro power, Ajaokuta Steel Plant etc), they say it is because he has no program of his own.

* Refute their allegations that Buhari is tribalistic with how his ministerial cabinets now (and as military head of state) had more Christians than Muslims, and how powerful ministries were being run by southerners...they hold their breath and in the next statement still repeat the allegation (it is an obsession)

* They say Buhari is vindictive..., but no state or region has been denied their share of development projects irrespective of whether they support PMB government or not. He has taken 13b water project to Otuoke in GEJs village Bayelsa, N22b road to Atikus village in Adamawa, reconstruction of Lagos Abeokuta expressway to OBJs state, the 2nd Niger Bridge etc to the east, the massive investment and redevelopment of the Niger-Delta etc are part of the proof of PMBs fairness to all

* When the clampdown on corruption started, they said only southerners are being harassed, when Dasuki etc were arrested they say it is only PDP; when Saraki was taken to court they say it is because he is in opposition; when former governors and APC members were jailed (Dariye and Nyame ) they say it was PDP that started the probe..??

* When EFCC is investigating the massive investments and dollars accounts of Mrs Patience Jonathan, Alison Maduekwe etc.... they say it is political harassment and you should bring proof of corruption. But when they bring scandalously stupid allegations like Buhari has bought the national stadium etc and you ask for proof ....they say you are a fanatic.

* Tell them how the threats of IPOB, Niger Delta were curtailed, they say it is a clampdown on Igbo's and southerners; remind them of how the menace of El Zakyzaky and his Shiites group of the norths have been curbed.... they say it is coercion.

* Remind them how the dreaded Boko Haram has been chased away from the States that they use to control in the north and how normalcy is returning to those part of the country.... they will still refer to the occasional suicide bombings as proof that nothing is achieved.

Tell them how it has been impossible for even almighty US etc to totally stop suicide bombings ..... they retort 'are you now comparing this 'S**t nation to US' (Of course not, US do not have plenty bad belle-hypocrites as them as citizens)

* Tell them how herdsmen killings preceded PMB, and how many non Fulani herdsmen have been arrested by the army for killings, including a personal aide to Governor Ortom, and how since such arrests the killings have subside.... they still in the next statement like a broken record refer to Buhari as promoting herdsmen killers.

* Tell them about the resuscitation of the mambila project, the Ajaokuta steel project, etc, they say it is a lie

* Show them videos and pictures of ongoing development nationwide, they say its photo and video shop (??)

* Tell them how Buhari stopped the billion dollars fertiliser scam and how in its place 11 local fertiliser companies were revived resulting in Nigeria producing for its local needs...they say 'how does that translates to food for the common man?' (Kai ba sense?!!!)

* When Buhari agreed to pay 88billion compensation to Biafrans victims, granted autonomy to state judiciary, supports local government autonomy, recognised MKO and June 12 they say it is politics. (And like the daughter of our hero of democracy said, if Buhari does not play politics, should he play chemistry?)

* They say Nigeria don't want Buhari, and he will lose the election landslide, and they are writing abosi-hypocrirical letters that he should not contest (Do they want to save him from disgrace ni, abi what's there own? (Awon oni yeye : jesters all of them)

* To them the National Assembly members used to be all (APC) rogues, but now without doing any good thing but because they now oppose PMB they have become their heroes; from the clown Dino, to the Michael Jackson of Osun, the stupendously corrupt and wealthy Saraki, Mark, Dogara etc ( Its a case of show me your friend/hero/and I know what kind of person you are)

* Buhari has refused like previous governments to bribe legislators to do their duties, and since their dirty strategies is no longer working they have become a stumbling block to progress...the wailers will say if it was OBJ he would have dealt with them. (But if he had use any other means they will say he is undemocratic; two sided mouth people)

* If you call a thief by its name, they will say how can you be insulting an honourable, a distinguished senator, a former president who has fought poverty through farming etc, but
hear them when they refer to Mr president, 'the man is a m***n, he is brain dead, he is d*ft' etc.

But this man has proven to be better than them all, he has refused to respond to the tantrums of their bosses, the OBJs, IBB, etc Like a true soldier he marches on with the good works, and God has been his defense.

* When you show some of them the unparalleled efforts of this government in development compared to all the past governments, then you will hear....well he has tried but I still don't like him, he is too old, he is slow, he is unintelligent, he is not outspoken etc... (#%@€¥ Perfect human beings all of them mtchew)

This is the point where you will be able to confirm that these are people whose concern is not Nigeria's development. Whose problem with Buhari is not performance but personal hatred etc.

This is why nothing tangible will be achieved if you engage them in any developmental discussion, when their concern is wotowoto-pettiness.

Avoid arguments over Buhari's use of language, age etc, keep sending them the good news, project reports and achievements of government, and gradually you help bring them back to reality:

In conclusion let me quote their most used cliche:

" We have never had it so bad"

Yes by Gods grace this government will continue to be a thorn in the flesh of those who for their selfish interest do not want things to change in Nigeria

For the rest of good Nigerians, Buhari's time is our time, let us be steadfast in support of our national . It will forever be good for us all.

17 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by MsAllison(f): 7:59am On Aug 23, 2020
[quote author= post=93125006][/quote]Buhari is a criminal terrorist

kiss the truth

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by ovieigho(m): 7:59am On Aug 23, 2020
Lol.....

Youths Dey sleep for that country oo

These people are now doing everything to package Tinubu

Even on Nairaland every favorable news about Tinubu made the front page

The same old cargos are ready to force Tinubu down people’s throats like we don’t even have good alternatives to these old men with packinson diseases

Thank God I am no more a Nigerian

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by Ayomi90: 8:00am On Aug 23, 2020
grin
Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by PureGoldh(m): 8:00am On Aug 23, 2020
Unto Takeaway things grin
Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by Queenlovely(f): 8:00am On Aug 23, 2020
The buck stops here " is a phrase that was popularized by U.S. President Harry S. Truman, who kept a sign with that phrase on his desk in the Oval Office. The phrase refers to the notion that the President has to make the decisions and accept the ultimate responsibility for those decisions.

the final decision ends on the buck of the citizens and not passing blame around

do you know how the elites packaged Hillary Clinton for the American voters, still the final decision was made by them the citizens

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by iCauseTrouble: 8:00am On Aug 23, 2020
Confession time grin
Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by Openbusiness: 8:00am On Aug 23, 2020
Let's be clear about this:
Buharists didn’t have money; they only had ideas, zeal and fanaticism

They have the poorest ideas of governance
They have an unprecedented zeal for oppression
And a crazy fanaticism about religion and cows

Now, like Buhari, they want to package Tinubu. We are not super stupid. Tinubu's pattern of presidency will be exactly the same pattern of his governorship, and proxy governorship after he left governor office more than 12 years ago. Agbero mafia political structure. How can any right mind want that kind of person to become president? He has his good sides don't get me wrong, but the implications of the "little dark side" he has overshadows the prospects of whatever his good side can deliver. If the Southwest is talking about 2023 Presidency, they should be talking about a presidential candidate like Akinwumi Adeshina, the AFDB president.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by Kennitrust(m): 8:00am On Aug 23, 2020
APC just wanted Jonathan out, not that they know what was governing. As mature as Jonathan could display his educational maturity. He succumb peacefully for them to take over.

Now since these group rogues took over, they are just confused on what to do with power. They grounded the progress this country was making before they came in.

Until the end of his tenure... Pmb is not my president.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by fredoooooo: 8:00am On Aug 23, 2020
Go and packagae yourself or others ..
God bless baba Buhari , God Bless Ashiwaju and all the good people of Nigeria ..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 23, 2020
Buhari only took advantage of the social media era (beginning stage)...

4 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:01am On Aug 23, 2020
Why then do some people choose to see and amplify only negative things? Why do they choose to remain willfully blind and deaf to positive things? And surrounded and confronted by salutary developments, they keep repeating; what has the Buhari administration achieved? Show us.

You tell them that just last weekend, there was a test run of the Lagos-Ibadan rail project, with brand new coaches that will begin commercial operation before the end of the year.That is happening in a country where we were told we couldn’t afford new coaches when our oil was selling at over 100 dollars per barrel. Now, at about 40 dollars per barrel, we are launching new coaches.

Long time patriot
We just have to dig this out brotherly.
We miss you so much.
Hope to see you around soon!

Buterflyle0:

You are a cretin because even if Buhari was the one personally tiling your cubicle you would still say he wasn't the one so why bother.

However I would want to pepper you still with a little response to your question

Anyone like you who says PMB hasn't achieved anything is either a thief or a bigot or a lunatic or deceived or sentimental.

It's only a big time crook like you that will say that 200,000 N-power beneficiaries is not an achievement. PMB should have shared the #6billion used to pay them monthly among elites every month.

Anyone like you who dismisses the school feeding program is a slowpoke. The farmers and workers who benefit and the children whose enrollment has increased should have been at home.

It's only a scammer like you that will tell me that a man who met foreign reserve depleted to #27billion and increased it to a high of #47billion amidst comparatively lower oil prices has not achieved anything.

Only a lunatic like you who will say that the security situation PMB met on ground in the Niger delta ravaged by Militants and bunkerers, Ikorodu ravaged by Badoo, South East ravaged by kidnappers, North East ravaged by Boko Haram hasn't improved under PMB .

The herdsmen they sponsor have been quiet since they started hunting for their return tickets. Their recent attempt to escalate it led to the Du pond discovery in plateau state and they have been very quiet about the revelation.

PMB inherited a rice importing economy. He inherited a fuel importing economy. He inherited an economy that was bled to death through all sorts of criminal rackets notably in the petroleum industry subsidy scam.

No rail line was working when PMB came on board. Roads where in terrible shape. By the time PMB came, they had sold PHCN to their cronies in the name of DISCOS and inserted in the agreement, a ridiculous clause requiring the government to pay them some billions if their licenses are revoked.

What they give Nigerians is unsatisfactory even though generation has been increased by this government from 2600-4000MW it met to 8000MW.

By the time PMB came, they had sold Nigerdock, Nicon Insurance etc. They had concessioned NPA and sacked workers who are yet to be paid till date. They had liquidated Nigerian airways whose ex- workers pay PMB is just settling.

They had sold NITEL and left their ex-workers benefits for PMB to settle. When PMB became president, 30 states were owing salaries. He gave them Paris debt refund and bailout running
into trillion. Religious and ethnic bigots won't see all that.

They said Tomato was their problem, now there is tomato in abundance . They said there is no garri now Garri is in surplus. They said their headache was fuel scarcity now fuel is everywhere.

But I know that the traffic of clerics, celebrities, traditional rulers, journalists, political jobbers etc to Aso Rock has reduced drastically because they cant get big brown envelopes as before.

This set of people who were used to easy money are the ones wailing like mad dogs but we shall put them in check with facts and figures

2 major rail lines COMPLETED between 2015 & 2018, during a RECESSION; the Abuja—Kaduna metro & Abuja Metro.

No rail project was completed between 1999 and 2015.

PMB's administration is constructing another 2 standard-gauge Rail projects; the Ajaokuta-Warri Rail, and the Lagos- Ibadan rail

P.S: Interesting to note that NO rail project was ever completed between 1999—2015, despite the OIL BOOM All we have from PDP is a #GEJstartedit

Even their national office, WADATA PLAZA is still uncompleted till date.

Go and grab a cup of cold water. Sit down and read the above slowly. In the midst of all that above, I have given you more than one despite your request for just one.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by Realtalk20: 8:01am On Aug 23, 2020
Smh

No point to all.these articles , we still haven't gotten it right and the problem are the illiterate population in both the north and the southern Nigeria. These folks vote with their stomachs .

You see his people crying about how evil the Fulani are yet come election time , dash them one satchet of indomie and a boiled egg and they will still sell.their votes and it is due to the illiteracy hence they are incapable of critical thinking in long term and aren't able to process the consequences of their actions .

You need to understand illiteracy and it's disadvantages. To the uninformed illiteracy means simply being unable the read and write letters of the alphabet, but my dear it goes beyond that. Illiterates lack critical thinking skills hence they make the stupidest decisions. Try dating a lady who isn't a graduate , no matter how you package her up she will mess up in the most embarrassing of ways when the time comes.

Now the problem of Nigeria is that these illiterates far out number those of us who are eductated across the country so that when election time comes they will determine who wins unfortunately.

This is why it's them the politicians design their political campaigns for.

They know you and I won't sell our vote for 2k , they know we are the ones interested in debates and mandates. They know the illiterates aren't interested in all those so they don't bother with them either.
Until we can find a way of preventing illiterates from voting Nigeria won't move forward politically.

Yes it sounds harsh but it's the truth . Try going to mushin in Lagos and explain the consequences of thuggery or selling of votes to the illiterate population and see how you will be ridiculed . Go to Kano and try and explain to almajiri why they should not take N100 to thumb print ballot papers. Go to onitsha and try and tell an illiterate trader why he should never see ipob as heroes .

Illiteracy is our problem... China , America , Britain whom we all admire their advanced democracy have 98% educated population as AGAINST 10% illiterate that is why they vote smarter and their leaders can create sound intellectual policies that work, but in Nigeria we have 90% illiterate versus few educated.

The sad thing is that these greedy Nigerian politicians know this, that's why they won't allow the government implement advanced election systems like voting with bvn or smart phone because how many illiterates will have access to use these platforms and vote ?

In Nigeria forget election strategies, just buy the illiterates over and you have won, Atiku spent billions marketing himself to the educated Nigerians forgetting it's the market woman and man who don't visit the internet that are the main population across Nigeria

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: How Tinubu, Others Packaged Buhari For Nigerians by Ayomi90: 8:01am On Aug 23, 2020
Racoon:
and grounded it.Who is giving these shameless men the gut to continue to insult this nation like this?
Ogbeni shut up, if u contested too some people will package u for us.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Updates On Development In Kano State (Photos) / 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency / Tea Tree Planted By Buhari At Kakara Estate In 1985 (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.