Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,299 members, 7,829,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

CAMA Act: CAN Failed In Its Watchdog Role - David Bamgbose - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAMA Act: CAN Failed In Its Watchdog Role - David Bamgbose (23979 Views)

Prophecies That Failed In 2021 - Sahara Reporters / CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances / CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAMA Act: CAN Failed In Its Watchdog Role - David Bamgbose by erospecial: 7:02pm On Aug 24, 2020
Pastor Adeboye, Kumuyi and all Yoruba Christians that brought buhari/ APC are to be blamed!
Re: CAMA Act: CAN Failed In Its Watchdog Role - David Bamgbose by middlebelter(m): 10:16pm On Aug 24, 2020
desiredhome:

Stop threatening with or religion......CAMA is across board why the fear/threat?
Are the Christians that wicked?
All the excesses by most of your religious leaders can not be regulated by CAN caused it.....
What is bad in the CAMA? are churches not registered as NGO?

You know you are not sincere. To think an average Northern Muslim in Nigeria will be part of people regulating a Christian Church in Nigeria with the hatered they been displaying is inconceivable. I sincerely pray we don't have to be pushed by GMB to that point.
Re: CAMA Act: CAN Failed In Its Watchdog Role - David Bamgbose by desiredhome: 12:29am On Aug 26, 2020
middlebelter:

You know you are not sincere. To think an average Northern Muslim in Nigeria will be part of people regulating a Christian Church in Nigeria with the hatered they been displaying is inconceivable. I sincerely pray we don't have to be pushed by GMB to that point.

The problem is not muslems, the problem is the Church owners that have turned church to personal property/private businesses.......
I believe they all registered as none profitable organization but today the reverse is the case....

When you keep giving to one man that care-less about you while they claim ownership of all the money......it's an error...... church money are donations from the members for the betterment of the church (members) which in turn betters the society...... church donations is not for the GOs to build expensive schools and estates etc while the members (owners) can not access any of them...... that is poverty/slavery
this is the reason there's increase in poverty and crimes today.......

Meanwhile the CAMA law is for all related organization including Muslims/mosques so what's is the hullabaloo?

Let us use our common sense
Re: CAMA Act: CAN Failed In Its Watchdog Role - David Bamgbose by desiredhome: 12:43am On Aug 26, 2020
erospecial:
Pastor Adeboye, Kumuyi and all Yoruba Christians that brought buhari/ APC are to be blamed!
Your problem is not Buhari, your problem is the people you are blindly defending......stop looking at the wrong direction........ when we all do what is right the country will be best for us......

You can't sew corn and expect to reap yam.....
Gal 6:7

These are the Penticostal cabals that have deceived many of you guilible Nigerians.....

They brainwash you to believe that muslems are the problem, "do not be unequally yoke with unbelievers."..etc

You are there busy hating and fighting Muslim.....
But when it comes to money they become friends, same muslems children are still admitted in the schools built by your contributions/money......
Muslims and unbelievers still buy/rent the estates built with your sweat......yours is to pray/pointing.....that's my church, that's my church schools,:my church have the best school in the world, but you can not even near it grin grin grin grin grin
Re: CAMA Act: CAN Failed In Its Watchdog Role - David Bamgbose by desiredhome: 12:55am On Aug 26, 2020
Komu1048:

Personal gain huh, the best schools today are from churches and other social services like road, water and hospitals created by churches. We all know Nigeria govt have never and will never have the public at heart. We know how govt have turn this country into dept and keep acquiring loans to fund their flamboyant and extravagant lifestyle, they are so used to it and now already loosing options so they want to deep their long throat into churches finances. Don’t come and tell me abt how it’s working in UK and US and even India, this people have integrity and sincerity of purpose something our leaders has lost years ago

Mr Man pls how has the church schools of today benefited you and how was the church schools built? How many of you or your church members can afford the fees of those schools?
Where are the roads, water etc built by the church? please.......
Re: CAMA Act: CAN Failed In Its Watchdog Role - David Bamgbose by Komu1048(m): 2:30pm On Aug 26, 2020
[quote author=desiredhome post=93227767]

Mr Man pls how has the church schools of today benefited you and how was the church schools built? How many of you or your church members can afford the fees of those schools?

I can’t afford it, yes but I have cousins who all graduated from there. And tell u what, it really worth it The church were built to produce products that can compete with the Oxford, Harvard etc of this world and can u compare the amount the schools mentioned above collect to CU for example. Please I don’t want to drag issues with anyone but it doesn’t make any iorta of sense how govt want to run churches and it’s cool with u
Re: CAMA Act: CAN Failed In Its Watchdog Role - David Bamgbose by desiredhome: 2:53pm On Aug 26, 2020
Komu1048:

I can’t afford it, yes but I have cousins who all graduated from there. And tell u what, it really worth it The church were built to produce products that can compete with the Oxford, Harvard etc of this world and can u compare the amount the schools mentioned above collect to CU for example. Please I don’t want to drag issues with anyone but it doesn’t make any iorta of sense how govt want to run churches and it’s cool with u

You must drag issues to proof why your church will scam/enslave guilible Nigerians..... grin grin grin

It's good you admitted you can't afford the fees for those schools......
when Christianity/missionaries brought Christianity to us they also brought free schools which most of these Pastorprenours knows about and attended
Church school is supposed to be free or at most affordable to the members or else don't collect money from them..... that is evil which make you evil and heartless (hushpapas)

Harvard ko....keep deceiving yourself, how has these university affected the society they are in?

The sense in government trying to regulate the churches is to stop these evil that is killing the society.......
The money in the church are donations from the members (Nigerian citizens) and they are all under the Nigerian government......
If you don't like it you can go and form your own country outside Nigeria
No one person/group is greater than Nigeria
Re: CAMA Act: CAN Failed In Its Watchdog Role - David Bamgbose by middlebelter(m): 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2020
desiredhome:

The problem is not muslems, the problem is the Church owners that have turned church to personal property/private businesses.......
I believe they all registered as none profitable organization but today the reverse is the case....

When you keep giving to one man that care-less about you while they claim ownership of all the money......it's an error...... church money are donations from the members for the betterment of the church (members) which in turn betters the society...... church donations is not for the GOs to build expensive schools and estates etc while the members (owners) can not access any of them...... that is poverty/slavery
this is the reason there's increase in poverty and crimes today.......

Meanwhile the CAMA law is for all related organization including Muslims/mosques so what's is the hullabaloo?

Let us use our common sense

Thank you for the explanation but you know that is not the main issue behind the rejection of the law.

If Churches invest in business like school, etc, the management should be separated from the Church's and adequate financial reports rendered. Christians have no issue with that. However, when it comes to management of the church's affairs, Government should have no hand in it. Government may make it impossible to have Mr & Mrs Church to prevent misappropriation of public funds, but crisis resolutions of all forms should reside within the body of Christ. Why can't a sincere Government have CAN set-up a monitoring body empowered by law to prevent misappropriation of funds and abuse of constitution of each denomination? Once you give that power to Government, one day a Muslim will encroach into the management of the Church and vice versa. This may lead to war that is not part of the intention of the law.
Re: CAMA Act: CAN Failed In Its Watchdog Role - David Bamgbose by desiredhome: 5:03pm On Aug 26, 2020
middlebelter:

Thank you for the explanation but you know that is not the main issue behind the rejection of the law.

If Churches invest in business like school, etc, the management should be separated from the Church's and adequate financial reports rendered. Christians have no issue with that. However, when it comes to management of the church's affairs, Government should have no hand in it. Government may make it impossible to have Mr & Mrs Church to prevent misappropriation of public funds, but crisis resolutions of all forms should reside within the body of Christ. Why can't a sincere Government have CAN set-up a monitoring body empowered by law to prevent misappropriation of funds and abuse of constitution of each denomination? Once you give that power to Government, one day a Muslim will encroach into the management of the Church and vice versa. This may lead to war that is not part of the intention of the law.

Thank you for understanding my points...
The issue is there is difference between a Church and a business.....
Church is a none profit organization and if the churches deem it fit to have a school under the church it should also be as none profit or the schools should be subsidized (affordable for it's members at most), also the church is supposed to comdem sin and discourage evil, especially the politicians looting money through the Church.,etc..... today that is not the case......which is wrong.....

Government have the right to regulate especially when it's obvious they have derailed from the purpose they were established (non profit) and because they are still under the government....

The CAN of today have no say in most of the activities of the churches.......some of these GOs see themselves as too big to be regulated by CAN.....the like of Oyedepo will feel too big to be under CAN.....
Re: CAMA Act: CAN Failed In Its Watchdog Role - David Bamgbose by Komu1048(m): 8:35pm On Aug 26, 2020
desiredhome:

You must drag issues to proof why your church will scam/enslave guilible Nigerians..... grin grin grin

It's good you admitted you can't afford the fees for those schools......
when Christianity/missionaries brought Christianity to us they also brought free schools which most of these Pastorprenours knows about and attended
Church school is supposed to be free or at most affordable to the members or else don't collect money from them..... that is evil which make you evil and heartless (hushpapas)

Harvard ko....keep deceiving yourself, how has these university affected the society they are in?

The sense in government trying to regulate the churches is to stop these evil that is killing the society.......
The money in the church are donations from the members (Nigerian citizens) and they are all under the Nigerian government......
If you don't like it you can go and form your own country outside Nigeria
No one person/group is greater than Nigeria

I must admit I regret engaging what I initially thought is a meaningful conversation. People like u are anti-church and there is no point trying to show u light. Continue to dwell in your ignorance
Re: CAMA Act: CAN Failed In Its Watchdog Role - David Bamgbose by desiredhome: 10:21pm On Aug 26, 2020
Komu1048:

I must admit I regret engaging what I initially thought is a meaningful conversation. People like u are anti-church and there is no point trying to show u light. Continue to dwell in your ignorance

Trash as expected.....the days of criminal Pastorprenours are numbered........

You have no light but darkness, you can't give what you don't have..........the situation in the country should proof that to you.....,the more churches everywhere, the money evil the society becomes,..,.....the God of their belly, enslaving guilible members (Nigerians).....

Dimons claiming to Engels.............
Re: CAMA Act: CAN Failed In Its Watchdog Role - David Bamgbose by Mycoin(m): 11:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
Keneeby:

You only think about the financial but the part that states the removal of board of trustees without recourse to court. Don't you think Catholic Church would be affected? one Fulani mallam who is a minister can remove anyone from the church the way he wish. This is totally condemnable.
and you dont believe the person will be removed by a flesh eater igbo Christian?
Re: CAMA Act: CAN Failed In Its Watchdog Role - David Bamgbose by Mycoin(m): 11:51pm On Aug 29, 2020
Komu1048:

Personal gain huh, the best schools today are from churches and other social services like road, water and hospitals created by churches. We all know Nigeria govt have never and will never have the public at heart. We know how govt have turn this country into dept and keep acquiring loans to fund their flamboyant and extravagant lifestyle, they are so used to it and now already loosing options so they want to deep their long throat into churches finances. Don’t come and tell me abt how it’s working in UK and US and even India, this people have integrity and sincerity of purpose something our leaders has lost years ago

and average Nigerian myopic thoughts of how our leaders are bad.
The fact is the more you condemn our leaders and dont see good in anything they do, the more you get bad leaders, so you get to complain more..

We are so pessimistic that we are blinded to see the good in Nigeria and Being a Nigerian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

COZA Scandal: "I Assure You That We Are With You" - CAN President To Members / Traders Beat 'Demons' Out Of Their Unsold Car Spare Parts In Lagos (Video) / Using "I Love You" To Deceive Ladies For Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.