Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Do You Think I Should Give Up On The Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do You Think I Should Give Up On The Business? (410 Views)

Should I Continue With The Boutique Or I Should Opt For A Massage Centre? / Advise Me On The Type Of Business I Should Go For / How Much Do You Think I Should Sell This Pap I Made By My Self? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think I Should Give Up On The Business? by yommyk222(m): 7:01pm On Aug 23, 2020
Please pardon me if you see any error in my write-up,

Reason is that I don't have good education background.
I will make my write-up short. It all start in 2015 when I come across a mini importation busines threads here on nairaland since then I have been following almost every mini importation thread, so after so much consideration I finally kickoff in 2019 with the some of 15k, thing is not that going well but manageable I later invest more fund to boost the business then boom things start going fine I got order almost everyday and I do Deliver myself. This make me to resign from my hotel job were I earn 32k monthly then face the business.

After 4months I was able to raise money from the busines and rent a house, after I rent the house the business was not really going well because I use some of my investment to do other things. It all start when coviD-19 pandemic start in China which holds my package since January, so from January till now I have be feeding myself from the fund that I use to run the business. So I
finally pickk up the package last week. Hoping to run it through Facebook as usual but later find out that the product I m selling can't run on Facebook Because it against there policy (it skin care products that contains Before and After pictures). This make them to banned my ads Account with some fund inside

I actually start the business with Bluetooth earphones, smartwatch and some USB bag. A colleague later told me to go for beauty and skin care products because they are high demand. Now I feel there is no way out because I don't have other way of selling off this product to get back my fund. I just feel I should just giveup on the business and start other business. Or I m not doing something right about the business? Please advise a brother

1 Like

Re: Do You Think I Should Give Up On The Business? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:06pm On Aug 23, 2020
I feel for u but in evry challenge, there is opportunity. U have experience with selling online and importation. Kindly look for some one biz u can sell online and share profit till ur hand is ok to start on ur own.
U are not a failure so change dat depressed mjndset

1 Like

Re: Do You Think I Should Give Up On The Business? by Prechgold1180(m): 7:07pm On Aug 23, 2020
yommyk222:

I will make my write-up short. It all start in 2015 when I come across a mini importation busines threads here on nairaland since then I have been following almost every mini importation thread, so after so much consideration I finally kickoff in 2019 with the some of 15k, thing is not that going well but manageable I later invest more fund to boost the business then boom things start going fine I got order almost everyday and I do Deliver myself. This make me to resign from my hotel job were I earn 32k monthly then face the business.

After 4months I was able to raise money from the busines and rent a house, after I rent the house the business was not really going well because I use some of my investment to do other things. It all start when coviD-19 pandemic start in China which holds my package since January, so from January till now I have be feeding myself from the fund that I use to run the business. So I
finally pickk up the package last week. Hoping to run it through Facebook as usual but later find out that the product I m selling can't run on Facebook Because it against there policy (it skin care products that contains Before and After pictures). This make them to banned my ads Account with some fund inside

I actually start the business with Bluetooth earphones, smartwatch and some USB bag. A colleague later told me to go for beauty and skin care products because they are high demand. Now I feel there is no way out because I don't have other way of selling off this product to get back my fund. I just feel I should just giveup on the business and start other business. Or I m not doing something right about the business? Please advise a brother
buy Instagram account dat has like 10k followers
Start marketing der
Re: Do You Think I Should Give Up On The Business? by blackpanthar: 7:07pm On Aug 23, 2020
yommyk222:

Wow. I understand how this COVID affected everyone, so you may need to change your products.

But apart from that, maybe you should use another platform... Also you can put your stuff as a video that shows a collection of other products too.... Then you need a blog. You also need to keep your buyers ...engage them outside facebook so they become customers
Re: Do You Think I Should Give Up On The Business? by yommyk222(m): 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2020
Prechgold1180:
buy Instagram account dat has like 10k followers
Start marketing der

Alright ma, I will look into this. It seems it going to work
Re: Do You Think I Should Give Up On The Business? by yommyk222(m): 7:35pm On Aug 23, 2020
blackpanthar:

Wow. I understand how this COVID affected everyone, so you may need to change your products.

But apart from that, maybe you should use another platform... Also you can put your stuff as a video that shows a collection of other products too.... Then you need a blog. You also need to keep your buyers ...engage them outside facebook so they become customers

I have a website were I post my product details and description too. Thanks for the idea
Re: Do You Think I Should Give Up On The Business? by yommyk222(m): 7:36pm On Aug 23, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
I feel for u but in evry challenge, there is opportunity. U have experience with selling online and importation. Kindly look for some one biz u can sell online and share profit till ur hand is ok to start on ur own.
U are not a failure so change dat depressed mjndset

Alright thanks
Re: Do You Think I Should Give Up On The Business? by sonofthunder: 11:34am On Aug 24, 2020
yommyk222:

You shouldn't give up. In fact, I wouldn't mind learning a thing or two from you. It was simply a case of wrong product choice and you can easily reverse to what used to work for you. Your major challenge may be sufficient finances to restart.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think I Should Give Up On The Business? by freesoul12: 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2020
Don't give up, just keep pushing d biz. Try and look out for a good marketing plan and strategy. u will be fine

1 Like

Re: Do You Think I Should Give Up On The Business? by Kobicove(m): 1:27pm On Aug 24, 2020
yommyk222:

The pandemic affected most businesses therefore you are not alone...don't give up yet!

You may need to change your business strategy but try and conserve your business capital...it's not always a good idea to rush out and rent a bigger apartment or buy a bigger car mediately you start making more money.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Closed / Let Me Show To U How To Earn More Money This August / BUA Group, French Firm Seal Deal For 200,000bpd Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.