Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,370 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! (11837 Views)

Saved by grace alone - A filthy doctrine of demons. Please beware! / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty! / Discussion With A Christian About The Christian Doctrine Of Redemption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 30, 2020
DappaD:

Arguing or stating facts? undecided
Dont even mention facts here.
If I wanted facts I will turn to my bible not to some brainwashed watch tower puppet.

1 Like

Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 30, 2020
DappaD:

Solite3 please do justice to this ASAP. We're waiting to hear from you.
Have you answered mine?

1 Like

Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 30, 2020
solite3:
Have you answered mine?

So case closed! cheesy
Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 30, 2020
Maximus69:

Then what are you still doing? cheesy

Exposing you

1 Like

Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 30, 2020
cheesy
solite3:
Dont even mention facts here.
If I wanted facts I will turn to my bible not to some brainwashed TRINITY puppet.
Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 30, 2020
Maximus69:

So case closed! cheesy
where are you running to? grin show me where the bible say Jesus was angel michael before coming to earth

1 Like

grin
solite3:

Exposing you
Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 30, 2020
solite3:
where are you running to? grin show me where the bible say Jesus was angel michael before coming to earth
Show me where the Bible says

"Jesus is God" cheesy
Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by MuttleyLaff: 6:22pm On Aug 30, 2020
DappaD:
Apply sense nah grin
Going by own logic, so all the sons of God—angels(Genesis 6:2, Job 1:6, 38:7) are now the same as Jehovah God? grin grin

solite3:
non of them is God begotten Son.

DappaD:
So where did the Bible now say the only begotten Son is the same as his Father, Jehovah God?
Evidence please! grin
"For a Child is born to us, a Son is given to us.
The government will rest on His shoulders. And He will be called:
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace
"
- Isaiah 9:6

Two answers for the price of one

1 Like

Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by WizzyVine: 6:36pm On Aug 30, 2020
DappaD:

You're still not getting it
If I give you 1Thessalonians 4:16 and explain that in the future, Jesus will come with an archangel's voice—confirming that he's the archangel Michael, you WILL not agree with me so why should I agree with your own explanation since you can't show me the scripture that said “Jesus is God” verbatim?

As for the voice of an archangel, He can come in any voice He chooses. That doesn't mean He is then an archangel. He spoke to John in the voice of many waters, does that make Him many waters?

Don't fill the scriptures with your own words. The Bible can speak for itself. The scriptures then should then say:

"And He shall come in the voice of Archangel Michael."

Or

"And He shall come as Archangel Michael."

Or

"And He shall come in the form of Archangel Michael."

Or

"And He shall speak with the voice of Archangel Michael."

I know you shuddered at those scriptures but you've made up your mind to maintain your ego. Those scriptures are explicit enough, but if you want something more direct, look at Romans 9:4-5

King James

Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

New Living Translation

"Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are their ancestors, and Christ himself was an Israelite as far as his human nature is concerned. And he is God, the one who rules over everything and is worthy of eternal praise! Amen"

Christian Standard Bible

"The ancestors are theirs, and from them, by physical descent, came the Christ, who is God over all, praised forever. Amen."

New International Version

"Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of the Messiah, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen."

Stunned?

You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free

1 Like

Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 30, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

"For a Child is born to us, a Son is given to us.
"

Two answers for the price of one

Has there ever being a PRINCE without a KING? cheesy
Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by DappaD: 6:39pm On Aug 30, 2020
WizzyVine:

As for the voice of an archangel, He can come in any voice He chooses. That doesn't mean He is then an archangel. He spoke to John in the voice of many waters, does that make Him many waters?

Don't fill the scriptures with your own words. The Bible can speak for itself. The scriptures then should then say:

"And He shall come in the voice of Archangel Michael."

Or

"And He shall come as Archangel Michael."

Or

"And He shall come in the form of Archangel Michael."

Or

"And He shall speak with the voice of Archangel Michael."

I know you shuddered at those scriptures but you've made up your mind to maintain your ego. Those scriptures are explicit enough, but if you want something more direct, look at Romans 9:4-5

King James

Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

New Living Translation

"Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are their ancestors, and Christ himself was an Israelite as far as his human nature is concerned. And he is God, the one who rules over everything and is worthy of eternal praise! Amen"

Christian Standard Bible

"The ancestors are theirs, and from them, by physical descent, came the Christ, who is God over all, praised forever. Amen."

New International Version

"Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of the Messiah, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen."

Stunned?

You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free

If Jesus is indeed higher than the archangel Michael, then why would he come in the voice of a lesser angel? E no get im own voice normally? grin
There's only one way to reconcile all of these.
Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by DappaD: 6:42pm On Aug 30, 2020
It has come to my notice that solite3 believes Jesus is God and he agrees he's a trinitarian.
But then again, WizzyVine also believes Jesus is God and he denies being a trinitarian.
So how do we resolve this issue on ground now? undecided

1 Like

Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 30, 2020
DappaD:

If Jesus is indeed higher than the archangel Michael, then why would he come in the voice of a lesser angel? E no get im own voice normally? grin

Can a person have another voice apart from his own? cheesy
Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by WizzyVine: 7:09pm On Aug 30, 2020
DappaD:
It has come to my notice that solite3 believes Jesus is God and he agrees he's a trinitarian.
But then again, WizzyVine also believes Jesus is God and he denies being a trinitarian.

You're merely being religious. What I'm denying is sectarianism. I wouldn't want what I believe to separate me from the rest of the body of Christ. What that statement means is that, we are one body, no matter what we believe.
Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 30, 2020
WizzyVine:

You're merely being religious. What I'm denying is sectarianism. I wouldn't want what I believe to separate me from the rest of the body of Christ. What that statement means is that, we are one body, no matter what we believe.

If what you believe doesn't separate you from the body of Christ, then why worry about what JWs believe o? cheesy
Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by WizzyVine: 7:13pm On Aug 30, 2020
DappaD:

You asked for a scripture proof of Jesus' Godship and I provided it. Settle yourself down on the truth you have just discovered, and stop meddling with issues much higher than you.
Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by Acehart: 7:14pm On Aug 30, 2020
DappaD:

Our virtual meetings have been okay, thank you for asking.

Well let's explore the Scriptures then

Revelation 5:13

“And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and underneath the earth and on the sea, and all the things in them, saying: “To the One sitting on the throne and to the Lamb be the blessing and the honor and the glory and the might forever and ever.””

Notice the highlighted words, it will catch the attention of any honesthearted individual that the verse is referring to two DISTINCT individuals. I don't know if you agree?

Jehovah God is that “One” in capitals and never has Jesus been called “the One”, just his Father, Jehovah. See Isaiah 43:12, 48:17 Daniel 7:9,13; Habakkuk 1:13, Revelation 4:9-11
Of course, Jesus would receive honor being the “the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.”—John 1:29 but he and his Father/God are two individuals entirely and not some mishmash of personalities.

Yes, the verse you highlighted showed two distinct individuals receiving the same one-honor. You have spoken well, why then do you say Christ Jesus isn’t deity? Two individuals- The one who sits on the throne AND The Lamb; I’d like to assume that the former, the undistinguished one, is The Father.

Then, you have said that there is nowhere in the scriptures where Jesus is referred to as “The One”; this is “true”; I’d like to ask you if there is anywhere in the scriptures where the Father is referred to as “The One”? (Please note the word “Father” is a New Testament concept)

The Jews have always known that the One Jehovah, is plural; hence their fury at Jesus’ claim to be one of the conglomerate. Why did Stephen pray to the Son? If Stephen’s testimony is true, why shouldn’t we accept that the Son of Man stands in the place of God? Why did he describe this Son of Man as the Glory of God - the one who spoke to Moses in the bush - Moses’ coming prophet - the Righteous one the prophet’s spoke of - the one whom he prayed to?

Isaiah said to Jerusalem “Behold your God will come...like a shepherd” -He said this referring to Christ Jesus. Christ Jesus has always made it clear to all around him that He is not alone, and thought no robbery to ascribe the Godhead to himself alone (Philli. 2:6).

1 Like

Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by Blabbermouth: 7:15pm On Aug 30, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

[size=12pt]"For a Child is born to us, a Son is given to us.
A child. A human child i.e. Baby Jesus.

"
Baby Jesus WILL become Wonderful counselor, Mighty God......... That's a human become divine.
Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by MuttleyLaff: 7:15pm On Aug 30, 2020
DappaD:
[img]https://s5/images/HeightView.jpg[/img] [img]https://s5/images/DiffHeightSameView.jpg[/img]

We obviously don't see the scriptures with the same understanding in very major ways because you and I understand scripture to the level of our submission to the Spirit of Truth. We understand scripture to how much we fill out to snuggly fit into the gift of the given out Holy Spirit. shadeyinka, we understand scripture according to the altitude of our individual and/or respective vantage points and/or the level/angle/direction/line of our perspective. Those two pictures I've pasted above, are worth more than twenty thousand words

Do all Jehovah Witnesses members stand tall and all be at the same and equal height, hmm?

Look at the fingers on your hand, are they all equal in length, hmm?
We all have different level of understanding, just as like fingers have different amount of length sizes, but when the fingers bend closely together, they miraculous appear looking like having the same amount of length size

We all arent going to view everything about theology in the same way, as each other does and enough to agree with each other about certain theological things, but hey what unites and bonds us all together, is greater than whatever our differences are. Also there is a way we get to be equal in length and that I already have shared using the fingers on the hands illustration

What we agree on, what unites us (i.e. the solite3, the WizzyVine et cetera of this world) is far more stronger and bigger than what we may disagree and differ on. What unites the fingers is greater than what is division among them

What unites all believers is far greater than that which divides us. We have different graces and different level of grace. We have the same Holy Spirit, but fit into same amount and equal Holy Spirit, size wise, differently
Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 30, 2020
WizzyVine:

You asked for a scripture proof of Jesus' Godship and I provided it. Settle yourself down on the truth you have just discovered, and stop meddling with issues much higher than you.

I thought what he's been asking is a verse where it is WRITTEN

"JESUS IS GOD" that's all, no stories! undecided
Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 30, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s5/images/HeightView.jpg[/img] [img]https://s5/images/DiffHeightSameView.jpg[/img]

We obviously don't see the scriptures with the same understanding in very major ways because you and I understand scripture to the level of our submission to the Spirit of Truth. We understand scripture to how much we fill out to snuggly fit into the gift of the given out Holy Spirit. shadeyinka, we understand scripture according to the altitude of our individual and/or respective vantage points and/or the level/angle/direction/line of our perspective. Those two pictures I've pasted above, are worth more than twenty thousand words

Do all Jehovah Witnesses members stand tall and all be at the same and equal height, hmm?

Look at the fingers on your hand, are they all equal in length, hmm?
We all have different level of understanding, just as like fingers have different amount of length sizes, but when the fingers bend closely together, they miraculous appear looking like having the same amount of length size

We all arent going to view everything about theology in the same way, as each other does and enough to agree with each other about certain theological things, but hey what unites and bonds us all together, is greater than whatever our differences are. Also there is a way we get to be equal in length and that I already have shared using the fingers on the hands illustration

What we agree on, what unites us (i.e. the solite3, the WizzyVine et cetera of this world) is far more stronger and bigger than what we may disagree and differ on. What unites the fingers is greater than what is division among them

What unites all believers is far greater than that which divides us. We have different graces and different level of grace. We have the same Holy Spirit, but fit into same amount and equal Holy Spirit, size wise, differently

STORY! STORY!! STORY!!!

Where is it WRITTEN in the Bible that

"Jesus is God" smiley
Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by WizzyVine: 7:25pm On Aug 30, 2020
Maximus69:

If what you believe doesn't separate you from the body of Christ, then why worry about what JWs believe o? cheesy

Worrying? You misconstrue.We can be devided in doctrines but united in Christ. Brethren are meant to teach one another and rub minds together to see scriptures from another perspective. Rubbing minds together, disputing doctrines does not translate to worrying.

1 Like

Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 30, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Baby Jesus WILL become be called Wonderful counselor, Mighty God......... That's a human become divine.

Isaiah didn't say "the child will become" but "he will be called" smiley

Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by MuttleyLaff: 7:29pm On Aug 30, 2020
Blabbermouth:
This no nondescript, run of the mill ordinary and natural human child

Blabbermouth:
Baby Jesus WILL become Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God......... That's a human become divine.
[img]https://s1/images/stirringMuttleylaff.gif[/img]
Have you a problem with this?

It actually is the other way round. It isn't "human become divine" but instead its "divinity/divine become humanity/humane"
It is for this very reason because of doubters, scoffers, mockers, detractors, belittlers, slanderers et cetera that Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ used the profound title "Son of man" as a means of making a statement of fact
Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by WizzyVine: 7:29pm On Aug 30, 2020
Maximus69:

I thought what he's been asking is a verse where it is WRITTEN

"JESUS IS GOD" that's all, no stories! undecided

Did you read the verses I presented him. Go down, read for yourself.
Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by MuttleyLaff: 7:31pm On Aug 30, 2020
Maximus69:
[s]STORY! STORY!! STORY!!!

Where is it WRITTEN in the Bible that

"Jesus is God" smiley[/s]
[img]https://s1/images/MuttWipesHandSmile.gif[/img]
The "STORY! STORY!! STORY!!!" pepper am wella, wella causing uneasy sifia pains

1 Like

Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 30, 2020
WizzyVine:

Worrying? You misconstrue.We can be devided in doctrines but united in Christ. Brethren are meant to teach one another and rub minds together to see scriptures from another perspective. Rubbing minds together, disputing doctrines does not translate to worrying.

Good so whether someone say "Jesus is Archangel Michael" or "Jesus is God"
It's like you don't feel any difference shey?

That means you have no business being here! smiley
Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by MuttleyLaff: 7:36pm On Aug 30, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Baby Jesus WILL become Wonderful counselor, Mighty God......... That's a human become divine.

Maximus69:
Isaiah didn't say "the child will become" but "he will be called" smiley
I wonder why He will be called "... Mighty God, Everlasting Father, ..." , if He wasn't already "... Mighty God, Everlasting Father, ..." He will be called
Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 30, 2020
WizzyVine:

Did you read the verses I presented him. Go down, read for yourself.

Your own case din settle! You said beliefs doesn't matter after all everyone believe in Jesus
So whether

Jesus is Michael
or
Jesus is God
You're not bothered, so you're neutral! grin
Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 30, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

I wonder why He will be called, if He wasn't already what He will be called

I thought the book said a new born baby nah! cheesy
Re: Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! by MuttleyLaff: 7:46pm On Aug 30, 2020
Maximus69:
I thought the book said a new born baby nah! cheesy
[img]https://s5/images/MuttleyLaffDrinkRollEye.gif[/img]
You must be a closet clown or court jester
Were you expecting an old born baby with sprouted 32 teeth ni?

God followed all due processes and fulfilled all righteousness, in that way, of coming through the door and so legally entering, as a new born baby

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (27) (Reply)

The Lords Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement / 13 Delta State Pilgrims Abscond In Israel / The Atheist's Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.