Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,816 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It (59533 Views)

Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It / 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak / Chronicles Of Catalan : Five Lessons I Learnt From Paddy Adenuga's Memoir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Lastlook: 2:44pm On Aug 24, 2020
My 1,560 naira still paining me till date... Kaiii my money o.

12 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by hahn(m): 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2020
ArticleBeast:

Person say them scam am u wan sell another grin grin

This course is not mine and it's not N350k grin
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2020
igwedubai2:
Mine was wen I trvo out to London instead of me to used d money to buy land then. But at d end of 1year I was deported back to naija. Even my mother wanted to help to bought a land then. But I didn't listen to her. [sub][/sub]
Haew sorry. Some stories here are really sad, good I haven't lost much.

8 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Farki: 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2020
I spent 300k on a project and still got a B. My friend spent 50k and got the same mark. I later realised that my supervisor is the one who claims the credit for the work.

27 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by tamdun: 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2020
benzion72:
Buying new blackberry bold for 110k and the roller got stocked and damaged. My mother bought an acre of land for 150k that same year and the land worth more than 2M now
Hnmmm, I used to change phone twice in a year (when I was single) but now, I Don learn, responsibility don yapa

17 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Rockyfancino(m): 2:46pm On Aug 24, 2020
Oxtonguy:
Losing money is temporary madness, I saw an advert on YouTube on how to make a minimum of $7,000 with affiliate marketing within a month. Pull up my card with pride like am about to make it, sign up for the masterclass with $79. Only to attend the masterclass and find out that all this platform to make this money ain't open for Nigerians cheesy

To be Nigerian ehnn, I just weak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haFitsJD64A
Does sharing links really make that much?
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Odunolumide(m): 2:46pm On Aug 24, 2020
tamdun:
50k to mmm, the thin crashed d same month I joined
Lesson, no shot cut to success

some used the MMM shortcut and won .lol

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by mooojy: 2:47pm On Aug 24, 2020
150k, though all hope is still not lost.

2 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by tollyboy5(m): 2:48pm On Aug 24, 2020
remsonik:
10k to mmm but I thank God
This your 10k plenty Gan o! grin I've donate a lot of money to sport betting and I'm not regretting grin in fact I'm still betting. The money I could remember I regret is the one a borrowed from me during my ND day grin the lady no even pity me as small boi the money bash!

4 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 24, 2020
jaelz:
Getting money is hard and maintaining it is even harder, as such we must be very careful as to how we spend it.

So I was discussing with a friend and he told me the biggest amount of money he has ever lost in his life was when he bought a car of 3million Naira after saving for like 3 years, and he didn't use the car for up-to 3 months before he got involved in an accident that almost claimed his life with the car.

I laughed and told him mine was when I used 100,000 to play betting and lost the money while in my university days. Lessons learnt from him was that car is never an investment instead he should have invested the money, mine was that gambling never pays at all...

Guys please share yours lets all learn and be enlightened

N30 in 2008 from Opebi link bridge to Clay bustop - I gave the Conductor Wazo and decided to stop at Clay because i saw a friend I had not seen in donkey years.. the conductor pretended to look for my change as I came down but the bus just drove off with my mouth opened

Lesson learnt: Always secure the bag before social media tinz cheesy

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Ilerioluwa02: 2:49pm On Aug 24, 2020
Above 300k... lost to MMM cry angry

But thank God, I'm over it now. Hallelujah.

7 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by SpicyMimi(f): 2:49pm On Aug 24, 2020
Forex trading grin let me not even talk! If I see or hear anything forex again eh angry

I escaped MMM loss, as I just withdrew my money few days before the site collapsed but my granny joined with 20k that same day the site collapsed embarassed

21 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by omenka(m): 2:49pm On Aug 24, 2020
N875, 000.

Lesson: I'd never have an understanding with someone without having it written as a signed legal agreement.

26 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by IWillSueYou(m): 2:49pm On Aug 24, 2020
Golan007:

Not saying you shouldn't document your transactions but I assure you, even with documentation, your "friend" would still have shafted you.

Good friends pay regardless of documents.

Hmm.
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Sadiq1048(m): 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2020
Qt

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by bigestPREEKhere: 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2020
jaelz:
Getting money is hard and maintaining it is even harder, as such we must be very careful as to how we spend it.

So I was discussing with a friend and he told me the biggest amount of money he has ever lost in his life was when he bought a car of 3million Naira after saving for like 3 years, and he didn't use the car for up-to 3 months before he got involved in an accident that almost claimed his life with the car.

I laughed and told him mine was when I used 100,000 to play betting and lost the money while in my university days. Lessons learnt from him was that car is never an investment instead he should have invested the money, mine was that gambling never pays at all...

Guys please share yours lets all learn and be enlightened
2015 i lost 100bitcoins. i have lost several after that . the latest loose was 3m. last month. sounds unrealistic but so true

2 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Wfmarvis(m): 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2020
Do not buy second hand phone that is the lesson,
I loss 15k back 2017 want things where better
Just because I want to but cheep phone not knowing the phone I plan to buy was stolen from another person.
I bought it, but 2day time d the seller come and tell me the full story , since I don't want problem I given him the phone and he returned it to the owner

7 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by AyarmBoye(m): 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2020
SegFault:
Highest I have lost is 12k, sold my food back then in school and starved myself badly, then one idiot now stole it. Never lost money again gringrin
you will still lose more ... except u don’t ever wana go into business.... believe me ...

6 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2020
Ilerioluwa02:
Above 300k... lost to MMM cry angry

But thank God, I'm over it now. Hallelujah.

Haaaaaaargh. I missed MMM One-chance by inches to that unfortunate December - My friend Muyibat put all her savings and more, sadly her target for eye surgery was never to be cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by wetmenow: 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2020
I lost 100k to give 150k after two weeks.
I did it because I needed money to pay my rent of 150k.
I no fit sleep for 2 days

15 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Chimourinho(m): 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2020
IamWonderful:
#34,050 to Igbo scammers, I learnt never to trust igbos no matter how many they are, they can be supporting themselves in crime
Lwkmd!! you never chichonchin
That's what bigots like you deserve
Anu nchi

19 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by ayo6hammiey(m): 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2020
Yaaaaaaaaaaga!

45k only. To one stupid Olosho. That one night stand almost kill me in 2016

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Jesse4mu(m): 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2020
Lost almost 1.4 million in a 6 month period trying to chase my losses in betting. Money was not even mine. The wonderful woman forgave me and gave me time to pay back. Been feeling depressed but I have to pay her back no matter what. Please gambling is dangerous. A tough lesson in my life

37 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2020
vickyfrancis1:
They are so numerous to mention. is it the 70k i invested in MMM or my 55k I lost trying to play one sure 3 odds, abi the money I take buy some gadgets when I no Dy even too use like smart watch and headpiece. Las Las nobody is perfect. you must at one time in your life spend or loose money on frivolities. but the one I'm always careful is spending money on a gal not related to me. my conscience Dy beat me for that one, because anytime I wan mumu, my mind will call me to order. I remembered when I wanted to give a gal 5k for hair after winning 24k for bet, my mind now told me to call my mom and I did and I asked if she needed anything and she said no and I just asked her to send her account number for me to check something and I transferred 7k to her. I'm not wicked or stingy, just that some heartbreaking stories I read everyday online Dy vex me.
dah mama part caught me, it shall be well with you.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2020
AyarmBoye:
you will still lose more ... except u don’t ever wana go into business.... believe me ...
Nope I am not the business type.
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Dessy96: 2:53pm On Aug 24, 2020
sandyd:
Bought a property in Abuja and built a standard
eatry total cost of 5.5million plus equipment . Amac came to demolish the whole place less than an hour, lesson learnt do busy from home and online l no fit shout. Nigeria government not stable any politician can mess you up.
Jeez
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Ginaz(f): 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mine was 5k and my techno phone back then in 2010 lolz. I left my bag on the okada sit when I came down. It was carelessness.

3 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by SWORD419(m): 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2020
50k when i invested in dantata success

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Dessy96: 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2020
Incandescent:
Spent thousands of dollars for financial exams
How is it a waste?

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Obioramichael(m): 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2020
Lost my 4 months Nysc salary... Total of 33×4 =132k trying to gain a stand on online trading....

But the truth is I'm not going to give up on it...

Lesson learnt... Invest in yourself first.. Via gaining knowledge before going for the money

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by peacesampson(f): 2:55pm On Aug 24, 2020
First was the 20k I lent a friend..which he refused to pay bk even blocked me on all chatting platform on top ask if nah cos of 20k I dey disturb...I still have others owing me some good amount which they are yet to pay

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by AyarmBoye(m): 2:55pm On Aug 24, 2020
bigestPREEKhere:
2015 i lost 100bitcoins. i have lost several after that . the latest loose was 3m. last month. sounds unrealistic but so true
100 bitcoins.... its incredible bro...1 bitcoin them was about $9000 ......... abi u mean $100 worth of bitcoin

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

How To Make 100k Profit Monthly As A VTU Airtime Vendor / Temi Otedola Writes About Her Autistic Brother (Photos) / Top 10 Weakest Currencies In The World 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.