Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It (59558 Views)

Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It / 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak / Chronicles Of Catalan : Five Lessons I Learnt From Paddy Adenuga's Memoir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by NNAMDIII(m): 3:08pm On Aug 24, 2020
tundeloveday:
I lost 900£ to bet365 last Friday on multiple bets and I will gladly play again because my million £ is with them. We go again!
Nagode oga Sir! Me too I've lost up to a million on bet9ja if i calculate all my losses but I can't quit Allah, it's either they kill me or i kill them but ah swear i can't dash

18 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Deborah98(f): 3:11pm On Aug 24, 2020
I haven't though undecided
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by LadyHeaven(f): 3:11pm On Aug 24, 2020
omenka:
N875, 000.

Lesson: I'd never have an understanding with someone without having it written as a signed legal agreement.

A trend in most spill-outs on the thread, same as mine but #220000, no matter how friendly we are NO Monetary DEAL without documentation and signature proof, not to say one can't still get burnt even after having documented evidence but it would be easier to prove.

May God save us from unfriendly wolves posing as cool sheeps.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Tonto30(f): 3:11pm On Aug 24, 2020
100k to get help worldwide cry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by phatek(m): 3:13pm On Aug 24, 2020
spendin 2k on a vagina person undecided

5 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Dreambeat: 3:13pm On Aug 24, 2020
$1,200 on an investment I should not have made in the first place 2 years ago. Of course will never try such an investment again.

2 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 24, 2020
WhatsApp message only

NNAMDIII:
Nagode oga Sir! Me too I've lost up to a million on bet9ja if i calculate all my losses but I can't quit Allah, it's either they kill me or i kill them but ah swear i can't dash
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by UncutSk(m): 3:13pm On Aug 24, 2020
seyigiggle:
first big loss in my life was to stock market and all those portfolio developers aims asset management inclusive.
the next was a car i took a close mech to purchase. in the end, at was a melon.
if the car takes you out, no guarantee it would bring you back that is if you get to the destination in the first place
what brand bruh
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by cyberghost23: 3:14pm On Aug 24, 2020
Holyterrorist:
My biggest loss was $75 when I intended buying ssn,socks and other online tools to create an Amazon dropship account from a particular darkweb site.I paid in bitcoins and got scammed.

I have learnt my lessons tho,I didn't relent I had to research more by buying more ebooks on better ways to access the market and how to identify legit vendors there.

As at today am a master on the darkweb.

Congratulations boss..
Will love to learn too..
Can I mail u?
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by nath34(m): 3:14pm On Aug 24, 2020
Please patronize me. I can design a website for your business,church and organization for affordable price. Please contact me through 08126971215
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Eofclub: 3:14pm On Aug 24, 2020
bigestPREEKhere:
2015 i lost 100bitcoins. i have lost several after that . the latest loose was 3m. last month. sounds unrealistic but so true

Chief how did that happen?
That would have been worth 500million now

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by NairalandAngel(m): 3:15pm On Aug 24, 2020
Tetehjewels:

My normal way has always been to document my agreements and have them notarized and left with my lawyer but that time I made the mistake of putting friendship above business

Keeping to the terms of an agreements means little or nothing to an average Nigerian. Do not rely on it alone.

2 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by cyberghost23: 3:15pm On Aug 24, 2020
vickyfrancis1:
They are so numerous to mention. is it the 70k i invested in MMM or my 55k I lost trying to play one sure 3 odds, abi the money I take buy some gadgets when I no Dy even too use like smart watch and headpiece. Las Las nobody is perfect. you must at one time in your life spend or loose money on frivolities. but the one I'm always careful is spending money on a gal not related to me. my conscience Dy beat me for that one, because anytime I wan mumu, my mind will call me to order. I remembered when I wanted to give a gal 5k for hair after winning 24k for bet, my mind now told me to call my mom and I did and I asked if she needed anything and she said no and I just asked her to send her account number for me to check something and I transferred 7k to her. I'm not wicked or stingy, just that some heartbreaking stories I read everyday online Dy vex me.

U re selfish oga

3 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Dangrace01: 3:16pm On Aug 24, 2020
NNAMDIII:

Naso craze dey start bro According to M.I abaga.

Sometimes in life knowing when to stop it's a skill, as a guy 9ja guy all of us get story of being chopped by 9ja.

The money you use in betting why not invest it

6 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by NNAMDIII(m): 3:16pm On Aug 24, 2020
Jesse4mu:
Lost almost 1.4 million in a 6 month period trying to chase my losses in betting. Money was not even mine. The wonderful woman forgave me and gave me time to pay back. Been feeling depressed but I have to pay her back no matter what. Please gambling is dangerous. A tough lesson in my life
how did u lose yours? 2 odds or virtual?
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Ifeoluwa93: 3:16pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mine was just to bad
mmm #1.5m
Lost a car of #2.2m
Bet9ja total to #300k
A particular travelling agent #750k

Lesson learnt
Trust ur instinct and do u business alone

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by mashad(m): 3:16pm On Aug 24, 2020
Xstremebj:
Am here to read , nothing to narrate

Let me join you

2 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by michealdeco: 3:16pm On Aug 24, 2020
Gibsonho:
I quit betting 4yrs ago but last year December I was just scrolling thru Twitter then a noticed a guy who called himself king of 2odds, I saw series of his tweets on betting and I was tempted to give betting a try again. I had 15k in my acct which was the little money I have gathered for my school house rent. I played Liverpool over 1.5, then Man City 1.5 but fucking Liverpool played 1.0.OMG!! I nearly committed suicide that day
lol na Akan oo that calls himself K of 2odds, i had my own share of the loss when i paid for the premium whatsapp group with part of my school fees, i later asked the dude to refund me half of the premium grp money, he kept posting me till date

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Ebenezerk2: 3:17pm On Aug 24, 2020
My own was #2,500,000 to winthrills network, even up till now, it is still ringing on my brain, I have not forgiven the Igbo man that was involved till today

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Hardheolar(m): 3:17pm On Aug 24, 2020
Lost 100k to scalpersticket last December. Nah GOD go punish all the people behind the scheme. The operation looks fucking legit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by cyberghost23: 3:17pm On Aug 24, 2020
IamWonderful:
#34,050 to Igbo scammers, I learnt never to trust igbos no matter how many they are, they can be supporting themselves in crime

Liar.
Na your tribe i go do business with?
Odeee

5 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Cowbell521: 3:18pm On Aug 24, 2020
vickyfrancis1:
They are so numerous to mention. is it the 70k i invested in MMM or my 55k I lost trying to play one sure 3 odds, abi the money I take buy some gadgets when I no Dy even too use like smart watch and headpiece. Las Las nobody is perfect. you must at one time in your life spend or loose money on frivolities. but the one I'm always careful is spending money on a gal not related to me. my conscience Dy beat me for that one, because anytime I wan mumu, my mind will call me to order. I remembered when I wanted to give a gal 5k for hair after winning 24k for bet, my mind now told me to call my mom and I did and I asked if she needed anything and she said no and I just asked her to send her account number for me to check something and I transferred 7k to her. I'm not wicked or stingy, just that some heartbreaking stories I read everyday online Dy vex me.

I love you so much

6 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by spiceadole: 3:18pm On Aug 24, 2020
Birdeyeview:
I lost 755k to an ex some years back...
He claimed he was into real estates and property
Not knowing he was just in the relationship for some selfish reasons I had no forsight of because yeah I was so gullible and stupid enough not to have paid attention to all the signs around coupled with the fact he always kept his family life and background personal.

Lesson learnt: Avoid investing into any sort of relationship if you have any atom of doubt and always get your fact right about anyone irrespective of the love you have or share together.
Humans can be so unpredictable

You mean you gave a boyfriend such amount of money?
Well...Hope you indeed learnt your lesson.

2 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by romeoetin(m): 3:18pm On Aug 24, 2020
Lost 4 BTC (approx. $4000 then) to ghw in 2017

4 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by SPOLO(m): 3:19pm On Aug 24, 2020
Me na 5k sha.
Few years ago that some guys do post fixed matches as free for confidence.
I played one correct score with #1000 and won 15k.

The next day, na some the same guy post another one i knack am 5k hoping to win 50k.

Could u imagine 2-2 correct score
Home already played 3-0 at HT?

I just weak

13 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by masterflowx(m): 3:19pm On Aug 24, 2020
N65k just 2 weeks ago.

I learnt to stop procrastinating... That's all...

6 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by sandyd: 3:19pm On Aug 24, 2020
Kobicove:

If you did not develop high blood pressure as a result of this then nothing in this life can ever give you HBP!
Couldn't sleep for days and the only word that kept me was if you fail in the day of adversity you are of little strength.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by IamWonderful: 3:20pm On Aug 24, 2020
cyberghost23:

Liar. Na your tribe i go so business with? Odeee
Will you return my money if I show you the evidence?

5 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by zoomman(m): 3:20pm On Aug 24, 2020
I Lost N550k which suppose to form part of my Wedding expenses, it was given to me by my boss for a job well done last year, but i lost it all in the name of investment. I wish have listen to my inner mind, she is my ex now though coz she thought i was not serious with the wedding plan. i learnt to be contended with what i have at sometime, it will define you when the time comes.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by NNAMDIII(m): 3:21pm On Aug 24, 2020
tundeloveday:
lol......hit me up let’s plot their downfall......

+447496996954
WhatsApp message only

alright man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Temi Otedola Writes About Her Autistic Brother (Photos) / How To Make 100k Profit Monthly As A VTU Airtime Vendor / Top 10 Weakest Currencies In The World 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.