Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It (59603 Views)

Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It / 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak / Chronicles Of Catalan : Five Lessons I Learnt From Paddy Adenuga's Memoir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Merimental(m): 4:08pm On Aug 24, 2020
tundeloveday:
Savings ke? Are u whining me? making more money with their money. Try bet365, it’s f*ckin easier than other ones if u use my strategy

wats d strategy bro. hook me up
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by mypains: 4:09pm On Aug 24, 2020
Slimzjoe:

Chief, how did you loose that much to forex?
it is surprising to you abi? This is what all those guys will NEVER tell. I can not put my money in forex.

7 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by quest118(m): 4:12pm On Aug 24, 2020

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 24, 2020
thonyman:
I lost over 450k within a month to bet9ja in 2019, I tried recouping my lost fund of initial 260k only to see it increase to 450k in space of 2 months, Liverpool vs Barcelona semi final champions league was the last straw that broke my camel back as i layed 260k for Barcelona to qualify for final, i think the odd was around 1.12 as Barca has already thrashed Liverpool 3 to 0 at Camp Nou only for Barcelona to receive 4 to 0 at Anfield, what a game!
I couldn't sleep and felt so depressed.
February 2020, a miracle happened, i saw a link for arbitrage betting training, d guy requested 1k to join the watsapp group for training and i decided to try it out, i was like 1k is too small, i won't mind getting scammed, only for it to be real.
Between Febuary to June dis year, i recovered all lost to betting from many bookmakers sites and made more than what i lost, it only pained me that bet9ja was not the bookmaker that paid most of the funds recovered. There was no lockdown for me as the period was when i recovered all my lost fund from conglomerates of betting sites through arbitrage makers.
SAY NO TO GAMBLING
bro pls can i Whatsapp you concerning this arbitrage makers

3 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by IamWonderful: 4:15pm On Aug 24, 2020
MiaBeer:

You need to discourage yourself from generalizing. Every tribe is Good and every tribe is bad.
I can give you double of that money #68,100 if you stop the hate in your system because that's a million times worse than what you lost. Ok?
Please give me,so that I can use it to buy the smart TV I wanted to buy before I was scammed

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by afecgivers: 4:17pm On Aug 24, 2020
One million naira to mmm

3 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Prechgold1180(m): 4:17pm On Aug 24, 2020
bigestPREEKhere:
2015 i lost 100bitcoins. i have lost several after that . the latest loose was 3m. last month. sounds unrealistic but so true
oga u lost 100$ BTC not 100 BTC

You think say 100. BTC nah 50 million
Oga shilas

2 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Slimzjoe(m): 4:17pm On Aug 24, 2020
mypains:
it is surprising to you abi? This is what all those guys will NEVER tell. I can not put my money in forex.

Don't put your money in what you don't understand. That's a fact.

femmyapson:

my friend lost 12m and i have lost up to $5k altogether..

How? You guys are trading without basic Knowledge? Now that Forex even has Legit account managers, how do you loose that much?

I've been a trader myself for 7 months now and I never loose like that. Or is it your Lotsize? How exactly are you loosing that much?
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Mires: 4:18pm On Aug 24, 2020
romeoetin:
Lost 4 BTC (approx. $4000 then) to ghw in 2017

If person be tell me say ghw na scam, I for no believe. Na so my btc and N1.5m go with am

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Ahmback(m): 4:18pm On Aug 24, 2020
I lost 60k

I can't even give an account of what and how I spent the money...

worst part, it is my school fee

I'm still suffering and overthinking on how I can recover them back before school resumes

5 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Slimzjoe(m): 4:19pm On Aug 24, 2020
MansoryMX:

Long story bro but that’s all in the past. Back in the days I trade forest, I don’t trade crayfish money. I made back my money during MMM era though.

I'm also a trader and that's why I'm interested in Knowing how you can loose such amount of money. What was the problem? Lotsize? Wrong signals? Inadequate Experience?
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Sidneykas: 4:19pm On Aug 24, 2020
I lost 300k to my ex gf. She was a police officer. She scammed me, she was only pretending that it was contribution not knowing she was scamming me. Fear police ladies ohhh

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by femmyapson(m): 4:19pm On Aug 24, 2020
holuwajobar:
you guys didn't use stop loss

Or do you have idea on how to trade forex
From what you just typed shows you don't really have an idea about trading..
My friend lost much cos he was holding a position for too long and kept on depositing thinking the trade will reverse..His broker made things worst the more..One Nigerian scam broker called hantec global...Those people are scammers
the money lost in stop loss is something...
That was back then tho (2018), i am now a forex principality..

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Mires: 4:20pm On Aug 24, 2020
papiforreal:
If you do business online you must be scammed in one way or the other.
The biggest money I lost however was to crypto. I invested all the money I made in 2017 in crypto- Almost 3k usd. All the coins I bought were shit coins and lost most of their value. Las las the total money I cashout from the coins was less than $300.
Lesson: Never invest in what you dont understand.

You invested in crypto that does not have the taste of time I guess.
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by KayCee92(m): 4:20pm On Aug 24, 2020
IamWonderful:
#34,050 to Igbo scammers, I learnt never to trust igbos no matter how many they are, they can be supporting themselves in crime

Just say u learnt not to trust the crowd. You are just being a drama queen by saying IGBO. grin

2 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Queenflourish(f): 4:20pm On Aug 24, 2020
25k on jiji
2017 since then I dey shine my eyes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by bigestPREEKhere: 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2020
Prechgold1180:
oga u lost 100$ BTC not 100 BTC

You think say 100. BTC nah 50 million
Oga shilas
may thunder fire all your family and generation. both born and unborn. useless peasant. if i lost ore than 100btc, u and ur entire generation will suffer till u die .

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Ofemmanu1: 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2020
IkeGod221:

Jez How on Earth did you make 300k during your NYSC abeg
Bro, it wasn't easy o!
My PPA make sense die, at first it looked ugly considering the fact that I had spent all my years in Lagos but when I started eating tuwo masara with okro soup and Põtē, everything made sense to me.
The villagers are poor but are happy.
I mixed up in time then I started farming too.
All the farm input was free eg, Labour, Land, seedlings, etc..

That was where I made some cash, my allawee was always untouched cos there nothing to buy.
No joints, no olosho, no flexing, no forming, nothing..
Instead, I got everything free; Accommodation, homemade gals, foods and foodstuffs, burukutu, palmwine, farm and love.

16 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Slimzjoe(m): 4:22pm On Aug 24, 2020
Paschallville:

You're about to fall for another Scam grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by dsdwaya: 4:23pm On Aug 24, 2020
Invested close to 2milli in livestock/piggery farming. Lost everything to African swine flu last year. I still never recover.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by cass1(m): 4:23pm On Aug 24, 2020
yocreo:

Betting is such a terrible addiction. People who aren't addicted wouldn't understand, glad I'm free now but still battling with the damage it has caused. Can we talk sir?
sure, +14438568935 whatsapp only

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Psady(m): 4:23pm On Aug 24, 2020
cass1:
lost 6.8 million to bet9ja virtual upper friday and $650 last friday. I've been loosing money to bet9ja right from nigeria until now, so i can't really say a specific amount. I'm determined to stop now, in the long run, gambling makes you broke and poor. I can't even take care of myself very well.
Lesson learnt: if you need money or under pressure to recover your losses, DO NOT GAMBLE!!!!!! you'll lose more and secondly, use whatever money you have to pay off debts you owe because YOU CAN'T REALLY PLAN WELL WHILE THINKING OF PAYING DEBTS.
I think we should have a platform on how to stop gambling, IT'S KILLING OUR FUTURE.
So on point my gee! it's so frustrating.

4 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by majamajic(m): 4:24pm On Aug 24, 2020
Ginaz:
Mine was 5k and my techno phone back then in 2010 lolz. I left my bag on the okada sit when I came down. It was carelessness.

It didn't fall down ?

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by femmyapson(m): 4:24pm On Aug 24, 2020
Slimzjoe:

Don't put your money in what you don't understand. That's a fact.

How? You guys are trading without basic Knowledge? Now that Forex even has Legit account managers, how do you loose that much?

I've been a trader myself for 7 months now and I never loose like that. Or is it your Lotsize? How exactly are you loosing that much?

That was 2018..about $30k back then..I am now a principality in forex
Big accts use big lot unless if you are one fear fear kid... A south african forex guru i know lost $1m last month..D tin no even move am, na him friend carry am for head as if na him own money... Losing is part of trading unless you are a small acct trader(less dan $1k equity) or part time trader..
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Slimzjoe(m): 4:25pm On Aug 24, 2020
femmyapson:

From what you just typed shows you don't really have an idea about trading..
My friend lost much cos he was holding a position for too long and kept on depositing thinking the trade will reverse..His broker made things worst the more..One Nigerian scam broker called hantec global...Those people are scammers
the money lost in stop loss is something...
That was back then tho (2018), i am now a forex principality..

Show your Loyal Boy way na bossu

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Ginaz(f): 4:26pm On Aug 24, 2020
majamajic:

It didn't fall down ?

No. We searched along the road but couldn’t find the bag.
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by OJURONGBE1(m): 4:26pm On Aug 24, 2020
Samfloxin:
Bought a car, Crisler . Electrical fault was too much that the car just wasted like that.

My story is quite similar .
I bought a Ford Mondeo for 1M from Cotonou last year August and used it on Uber/taxify ride hailing app. When the issues overwhelmed me and plunged me into debt, i resorted to begging before i could sell it off for 40% of the purchase price.
The car is high maintenance and fuel consumption is too high for a 2.0ltr engine despite changing 2 brand new oxygen sensors, brand new 4spark plugs & fuel injectors.

2 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by jafaru196: 4:27pm On Aug 24, 2020
apache4:
Importation

ohhh
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Born2conquer: 4:27pm On Aug 24, 2020
100m earlier this year

2.5M this month

(These are the huge ones i could remember)

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Slimzjoe(m): 4:27pm On Aug 24, 2020
femmyapson:

That was 2018..about $30k back then..I am now a principality in forex
Big accts use big lot unless if you are one fear fear kid... A south african forex guru i know lost $1m last month..Losing is part of trading unless you are a small acct trader(less dan $1k equity) or part time trader..

Yes I'm a small Account trader and yes I don't like loosing. Hence I play with my Small lotsize I can handle and maximize what I can from it.

Losses are imminent true but you can Reduce them by playing smart with the market
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by yocreo: 4:28pm On Aug 24, 2020
cass1:
sure, +14438568935 whatsapp only
Okay... Kindly edit out the number pls
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by thonyman: 4:29pm On Aug 24, 2020
Paschallville:

Arbitrage games trading no longer profitable for close to 2 months now, you can hardly see errors from them as arbitrage gaming means feeding on bookmakers errors , i have stopped trading it, but it may swing back to full business as soon as as new football season resumes.
So if still interested, i can put you through during my free periods, please i don't mean to advertise arbitrage game trading here and i don't expect people to request for more info. Despite the fact that you are not placing bet but trading games for little profit, arbitrage still has low risk if any game is spotted and voided, nothing in life is without risk sha.
As i have said, it's no longer profitable as most bookmakers have upgraded their system to have fewer odd errors, but not zero error.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply)

How To Make 100k Profit Monthly As A VTU Airtime Vendor / Top 10 Weakest Currencies In The World 2017 / Bitcoin Lord Gifts Wife Brand New Range Rover - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.