Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,452 members, 7,836,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It - Business (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It (59774 Views)

Ever Lost Money Trading? This Information Will Make You Extremely Wealthy / Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It / Chronicles Of Catalan : Five Lessons I Learnt From Paddy Adenuga's Memoir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by amanikondo: 5:23pm On Aug 24, 2020
9 Million - Bitcoin
21 Million - Fake Land

2 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by etibaba(m): 5:24pm On Aug 24, 2020
Officialkplus:
Lost 25m to BTC (blockchain wallet I Lost my seed).... Last year Nov.. shocked
What do you mean by "You lost your seed"?

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Sbsrules: 5:25pm On Aug 24, 2020
femmyapson:

From what you just typed shows you don't really have an idea about trading..
My friend lost much cos he was holding a position for too long and kept on depositing thinking the trade will reverse..His broker made things worst the more..One Nigerian scam broker called hantec global...Those people are scammers
the money lost in stop loss is something...
That was back then tho (2018), i am now a forex principality..
Advice from one of the best traders cut your losses, cut your losses, cut your loses. small loss, small win and Big win.

2 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by amanikondo: 5:25pm On Aug 24, 2020
etibaba:
What do you mean by "You lost your seed"?

Lost his keys to access Bitcoin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by showafrica(m): 5:25pm On Aug 24, 2020
buttlover:

I don't even remember the yahoo I'd. I have registered upto 7 i.d due to loss of memory or phone number. the last three i.d that I remembered I was able to retrieve them. but the remaining 4 is not yet achieved. I was tech possessed in early African internet boom in 2005. I'll keep trying to guess when I'm less busy.

You can even trace the computer you used then and see if it can remember them for you. I can leave that kind thing right now. You suppose be mega millionaire by now

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by buttlover(m): 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2020
showafrica:

You can even trace the computer you used then and see if it can remember them for you. I can leave that kind thing right now. You suppose be mega millionaire by now
those days it was quack faulty cyber cafes that I go to for surfing.

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by bigcee(m): 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2020
NNAMDIII:
Nagode oga Sir! Me too I've lost up to a million on bet9ja if i calculate all my losses but I can't quit Allah, it's either they kill me or i kill them but ah swear i can't dash
Lol grin I like your doggedness grin

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by etibaba(m): 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2020
amanikondo:

Lost his keys to access Bitcoin
wow.
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Born2conquer: 5:28pm On Aug 24, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Clown grin
I am really serious grin

All through forex trading
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by HeavenlyHolines(m): 5:30pm On Aug 24, 2020
Nigerians get money ooo. Na million million. Any investment that u r not directly involve I mean ur self doing it by ur hand,don't commit a fortune and always shun d quest for short cut or get rich syndrome. Greed is bad

13 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by okooyinbo(m): 5:32pm On Aug 24, 2020
1980/81, biggest amount lost was 1 Murtala
1995 lost 300 D-Mark
Could not eat for a week in both cases. Very painful cry cry cry. Always check that your pocket has no hole it.

3 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by apache4: 5:32pm On Aug 24, 2020
wow ,so sorry bro , The Street isn't smiling at all , monkey will work & baboon will chop there .... You know it's not everything one can say here naaa. I still thank God Almighty for his Mercies & Kindness

seanwilliam:
me na $11,500 in may/June.. na actually over calculation and "chop alone" kill me.. and no be really my fault, street no dey smile grin we go survive bro
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
I just lost 10k to one nonsense online investment called mulazon. n na part of my project money

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Snakedoctor1: 5:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
jaelz:
Getting money is hard and maintaining it is even harder, as such we must be very careful as to how we spend it.

So I was discussing with a friend and he told me the biggest amount of money he has ever lost in his life was when he bought a car of 3million Naira after saving for like 3 years, and he didn't use the car for up-to 3 months before he got involved in an accident that almost claimed his life with the car.

I laughed and told him mine was when I used 100,000 to play betting and lost the money while in my university days. Lessons learnt from him was that car is never an investment instead he should have invested the money, mine was that gambling never pays at all...

Guys please share yours lets all learn and be enlightened
MMM oh, on utua LA odi ohhh grin
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by NNAMDIII(m): 5:34pm On Aug 24, 2020
bigcee:

Lol grin I like your doggedness grin
what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

2 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Teemoney11(m): 5:34pm On Aug 24, 2020
Holyterrorist:
My biggest loss was $75 when I intended buying ssn,socks and other online tools to create an Amazon dropship account from a particular darkweb site.I paid in bitcoins and got scammed.

I have learnt my lessons tho,I didn't relent I had to research more by buying more ebooks on better ways to access the market and how to identify legit vendors there.

As at today am a master on the darkweb.

Bro, are you into dropshipping?

Show me way too abeg.
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by apache4: 5:34pm On Aug 24, 2020
Yeah it's business of Dog eat Dog

jafaru196:
ohhh
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by OYENIYIJK: 5:34pm On Aug 24, 2020
jlo247:
During the pandemic lock down I bought one yeye Nigeria used car for 350 which I later sold during the same pandemic lock down for 87k. Lesson always seek for advice from experienced ones in any field.

The bolded Made me to remember this book, "THE RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON". Surely, I gat to read the book again.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by lucky4west: 5:36pm On Aug 24, 2020
mmm! 3.5 milla in honest truth i never recover till date

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by promotervickky(m): 5:37pm On Aug 24, 2020
seyigiggle:
first big loss in my life was to stock market and all those portfolio developers aims asset management inclusive.
the next was a car i took a close mech to purchase. in the end, at was a melon.
if the car takes you out, no guarantee it would bring you back that is if you get to the destination in the first place

Next time Run a ViNcheck
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by showafrica(m): 5:38pm On Aug 24, 2020
buttlover:

those days it was quack faulty cyber cafes that I go to for surfing.

Ask urself, are u the type that uses something concerning ur name to open email.. Lets start from there, may be i go use email extractor get the mail

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 24, 2020
masterP042:
I lost 400k to mmm Tuesday 12th December 2016.. I will never forget that date.
I was just greedy, my money had matured about two weeks earlier, but I wanted it to stay close to December, to flex life.. But then tragedy struck..

Well, I learnt a tough lesson, cos since then I haven't lost any money through any investment like ponzi or pyramid schemes. I learnt that no nigerian can ever advertise any money making scheme free of charge without something sinister or something they stand to gain, my country men will hide any opportunity that actually makes money.

Change "No Nigerian" to "No Human."

MMM wasn't a Nigerian thing. It was international. The Mavrodi dude kept hopping from country to country to defraud everyone one.

I told people MMM was a scam but no one believed me. But do I blame them?

Scammers steal your money. Meanwhile, people were actually making money with MMM.

The truth was that MMM was stealing their money and replacing it with the money brought in by new members. It was very difficult to explain that.

12 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by HazzanTazzan(m): 5:42pm On Aug 24, 2020
Slimzjoe:

Kot4x and hotforex

Guy how you take do am??!! shocked
m

Na only God understand
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by OYENIYIJK: 5:46pm On Aug 24, 2020
buttlover:
I lost my yahoo email password and the phone number which I use in online registrations, l was less concerned to retrieve it back then in 2009. last year I heard about bitcoin price I was mad. I have 110 btc in bitcoin wallet but I don't remember the wallet wether it was blockchain or binary, even if I remember the wallet I don't remember either password or username as I have used numerous username and password on online stuffs. most night I calculate how rich I am if I had 110btc in my possession.
You are a strong man... E dey pain me

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Munachisom95(f): 5:48pm On Aug 24, 2020
IamWonderful:
#34,050 to Igbo scammers, I learnt never to trust igbos no matter how many they are, they can be supporting themselves in crime
This one no add up at all.
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by FreeMejoor1(m): 5:49pm On Aug 24, 2020
Lol oga oo..i fear sha
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by iomoge2(f): 5:53pm On Aug 24, 2020
Too many to mention and I have not learnt my lesson. I still take crazy risk. Right now I have 2m stocked somewhere

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by juniorstar(m): 5:55pm On Aug 24, 2020
ORLAHOLUWA:
My biggest mistake was I bought iphone 8 for my new girlfriend unto my package level while
I was using infinix hot 8 to eventually d girl dump me a week after...... E dey pain till today
hope am not making d same mistake! about buying an iphone x for my gal with the profit of the money she gave me to invest for her although i got myself 2plot of land from the profit also i no tell am sha. when we marry i go tell am!!

4 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by romeoetin(m): 5:57pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mires:

If person be tell me say ghw na scam, I for no believe. Na so my btc and N1.5m go with am

Such is life bro.. What's more painful was that BTC later touched $20k same here.. So invariably I lost $80k potentially
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Lastlook: 6:05pm On Aug 24, 2020
My 1,560 naira kaiiii

Merimental:

1,560 naira or $ grin

4 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Brokenfm: 6:05pm On Aug 24, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply)

5 Dirty Businesses In Nigeria That Fetch Big Profit / I Have Fired Hadiza Bala Usman – President Buhari / Betting Ideas And Amazing Secrets (maximize your profit)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.