Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,212 members, 7,815,236 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

I Was Mocked At US College For Being Black - DAVIDO Opens Up - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Was Mocked At US College For Being Black - DAVIDO Opens Up (894 Views)

Davido Opens Application For N250m Orphanage Fund (Pix) / Davido Opens Social Media Account For His #2million Dog / I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Mocked At US College For Being Black - DAVIDO Opens Up by JIGGYBOY(m): 1:47pm On Aug 24, 2020
Nigerian superstar singer, DAVIDO has narrated how he was subjected to racism while in college in Alabama, United States
•,•

In an interview with Recording Academy, organisers of the Grammy Awards, the singer said he was mocked for being black in the college filled with whites
Davido who added that this occurred when he was just 15-years-old, also commented on the hatred among blacks.
•,•

He said;

“It’s crazy, because I’m from both America and Africa, so I know how both sides think. I went to school in Alabama. I went to college at 15. I was very young. And Alabama was a predominantly white state.

“So being an African kid in a university where it’s 13% black people, it’s amazing. It’s not easy. I had to learn a lot of the things when I was like, “Yo, why you look at me like that?” And not even just being black, being African. They used to ask me questions like, “Yo, how’d you get to America?” I’m like, “What you mean? I came on a plane.” “Oh, y’all got airports?

“It’s crazy because like I said, I grew up in Huntsville, Alabama, this was when I was 15, 16, so I’ve always understood like, yo, this is going to happen. You know what I’m saying? Sometimes just because of the color of your skin, you might not get a lot of honesty from somebody. You feel me? So it was just crazy.

“The other way I look at it, we’re screaming Black Lives Matter, right? But we killing ourselves too. So the conversation is both sided, it goes both ways."

FOR MORE GIST: https://instagram.com/pecohub.media?igshid=nf5648yqfagt

Re: I Was Mocked At US College For Being Black - DAVIDO Opens Up by fati2001(m): 1:48pm On Aug 24, 2020
so?
l was also mocked for being Black and Brown.
Re: I Was Mocked At US College For Being Black - DAVIDO Opens Up by Mokason28: 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2020
fati2001:
so?
l was also mocked for being Black and Brown.
You are a mother of two kids and you are saying so ? You don’t know what bullying could do to a child... I pity you
Re: I Was Mocked At US College For Being Black - DAVIDO Opens Up by fati2001(m): 7:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mokason28:

You are a mother of two kids and you are saying so ? You don’t know what bullying could do to a child... I pity you
don't mention me! pity you miserable life.
Re: I Was Mocked At US College For Being Black - DAVIDO Opens Up by Charmingrascal(m): 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2020
We have that shii down here too bro

We are racists in Africa
Re: I Was Mocked At US College For Being Black - DAVIDO Opens Up by Mokason28: 7:37pm On Aug 24, 2020
fati2001:

don't mention me! pity you miserable life.
To call you a silly goat will be an insult to goats ... I will never exchange words with a house wife that knows nothing about civilization. I pity your miserable locked up ass ... Your great grandmother was a miserable house wife ... your mother too the same thing... because Alahji had mercy on your silly ass to get you a phone you want to troll on me... don’t quote me again if you don’t want me to finish your useless aboki lineage .... ode
Re: I Was Mocked At US College For Being Black - DAVIDO Opens Up by fati2001(m): 8:18pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mokason28:

To call your mother or wife a silly goat will be an insult to goats ... I will never exchange words with a house wife that knows nothing about civilization. I pity my miserable locked up ass ... my great grandmother was a miserable house wife ... my mother too the same thing... because a useless had mercy on my silly ass to get me a phone you want to troll on me... don’t quote me again if you don’t want me to finish my useless lineage .... well I have nothing to said guess this is the product of a expired leaked condom bi5che modafuvk, I don't have time for you..... you not up to my levels OK next time as your prostitute mama that is still sharing pad with you grandma about you bastard generation.
Re: I Was Mocked At US College For Being Black - DAVIDO Opens Up by fati2001(m): 8:30pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mokason28:

To call you a silly goat will be an insult to goats ... I will never exchange words with a house wife that knows nothing about civilization. I pity your miserable locked up ass ... Your great grandmother was a miserable house wife ... your mother too the same thing... because Alahji had mercy on your silly ass to get you a phone you want to troll on me... don’t quote me again if you don’t want me to finish your useless aboki lineage .... ode
eyahy sorry, but your generation are going through a lot of pain for pumping up those stuff.....by the way your family tree must be cactus but everybody on it is a prick.
I can explain it for you but I can't understand it for you.

(1) (Reply)

Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, Gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millio / Inspirational Story Of Akinwumi Adesina: President- African Development Bank / Yung6ix Car Was Burgled In The US Says US Is More Rugged Than Warri In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.