Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

"My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out (32985 Views)

I Lost My Sim Card But Was Not Registered With My Name And Photograph / Help. My Xiaomi Is No Longer Showing My Sim After Mui Update / 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by michealdeco: 4:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
I once called a friend to speak with him and a Yoruba woman picked the call
I was still smiling while asking the guy hwva and the woman starts calling me a fraudster and cursing me in both pidgin and yoruba

I cursed her back then cut the call
I later asked my friend when I saw him later and he affirmed that the number was his own

1 Like

Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by lessonotes(f): 4:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
Nobledavid:

I don't live in Lagos.
How much would The book cost

To know if your calls are being monitored; dial #61# or *#61# and look out for the message that shows up. If you get a message telling you call forwarded to 080XXXXXXXX or call forwarding activated then you should know that someone on the other end is monitoring your calls. On the contrary; if after dialing the code, it shows ‘call not forwarded’ or ‘call forwarding deactivated’ then you are safe.

Now, let’s see how you can stop the ‘eavesdropping’ activity [in case you are falling victim]. There are two (2) ways to go about this, and the option that will work for you may be dependent on the method – code or app – the ‘eavesdropper’ used in activating the call monitoring.
If the person has used a code, you deactivate the call monitoring by simply dialing ##002# or ##21#.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by ODJ124(m): 4:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
Ha are u for real..
uruba23:
I just hope for your good you won't start receiving calls from a recovery lawyer.When I had similar problem two years ago I went to NCC office in Ikoyi to complain my phone calls was been intercepted and unknown transactions been carried out,but they feigned ignorance so I decided to port the line only to discover the line is working on both the former and new network.Ironically both can access my Bank Account.It was later I start hearing I am involve in a court case that I am unaware of .Strangely yesterday someone sent me a picture of someone that looks exactly like me. I never would have thought I had a body double.
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by dayleke: 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
shawnfamous:
My story is a little bit similar to yours.
In 2014, I had a MTN sim I was permanently using, all of a sudden, I started receiving Calls from people calling me Semiu, ah Semiu Nibo. Some of Semiu's friend even called me, insulting me that I had stolen Semiu's phone after I explained to them that I had been using that particular number for long. They didn't want to hear, they said Semiu has been using that number for years too. I thought probably Semiu registered something with a wrong number but I wasn't bothered, I started getting prayer text and recharge cards during their festive days, Ileya. I was so happy, I believed something was very Wrong when MTN also gave me a congratulatory message on the festive day calling me Mr.Semiu.
That's the last time I used MTN.

But we missed you Mr Semiu.....

cool

3 Likes

Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by martswaelee(m): 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
use another phone to call yourself & confirm. You might recognise the voice

1 Like

Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Mekanus(m): 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
Righteousness89:
If you are in Lagos, Purchase one of these phone books in sold in Ikeja.

There is a code that could be used to know if your line has been Bugged.

There is also a Code that could be used to Cancel it.

If that is not your Case, then it Could be Spirtual. I know it sounds Funny but it is True.

I Have Heard so many things that in these days that Sound unbelievable and Funny , but they are Real.

If that is the Case you Have to Deal with it in Prayers..
You really need to grow up and update yourself motherfucker. This is 21st century for fvcks sake. Stop living in the past.

2 Likes

Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by apache4: 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
Continue

seanwilliam:
When something like this happens, your best bet is the perceptions of the fact the invective imbecility is never catapulted to the eudora of binary.. now you the tavanic evidence which the tantric to the esoteric enigmaticism.. ok now when the cylinder physique is out of the plasmodium formulary denies the psychosis fidelity then the atmospheric findings should be stuffed down to the kinker limitations..

If you're around Iwo road hit me up at mingles, make I dash u orijin..

Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by officialfestus(m): 4:19pm On Aug 25, 2020
Nobledavid:

I don't live in Lagos.
cancel call forwarding
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Slynation(m): 4:19pm On Aug 25, 2020
Righteousness89:

If that is not your Case, then it Could be Spirtual. I know it sounds Funny but it is True.

I Have Heard so many things that in these days that Sound unbelievable and Funny , but they are Real.

grin grin
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by doggedfighter(f): 4:19pm On Aug 25, 2020
Righteousness89:

Numbskull

1 Like

Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Peppysco: 4:20pm On Aug 25, 2020
Righteousness89:

Hmm, wonders shall never end. So, dem spirits don begin dey use sim card or even hack SIM cards now shey? I don talk am,many of the christains we have now are now fanatics and even gullible self. So, if laptop get virus now and begin dey malfunction, na spiritual solution e need be that abi, a beggi, just swerve enter BRT jare

3 Likes

Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Naijaarchive(m): 4:22pm On Aug 25, 2020
Vyzz:
Think this...

Have u considered if this David that picks the call its u but from an alternate universe....

Who unlike u... Introduces himself as David...

And this is caused due to some malfunctioning in science,nature or u underrated your phone...

grin

Come on stop watching that Eternal King Monarch grin

This issue is common with MTN it one of the reasons I stop using their service since 2015.. Since then I no dey get any random calls or my calls diverted randomly... NCC needs to sanction this guys(MTN)

1 Like

Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Naijaarchive(m): 4:24pm On Aug 25, 2020
uruba23:
I just hope for your good you won't start receiving calls from a recovery lawyer.When I had similar problem two years ago I went to NCC office in Ikoyi to complain my phone calls was been intercepted and unknown transactions been carried out,but they feigned ignorance so I decided to port the line only to discover the line is working on both the former and new network.Ironically both can access my Bank Account.It was later I start hearing I am involve in a court case that I am unaware of .Strangely yesterday someone sent me a picture of someone that looks exactly like me. I never would have thought I had a body double.

In this our Nigeria?
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Askme2020(m): 4:30pm On Aug 25, 2020
Righteousness89:

have you every thought about another reality using the name name and number? maybe there is a glitch in the matrix
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by reubenzekeli(m): 4:30pm On Aug 25, 2020
Dial #002# on your sim and thank me later
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by ThierryJay: 4:31pm On Aug 25, 2020
Vyzz:
Think this...

Have u considered if this David that picks the call its u but from an alternate universe....

And this is caused due to some malfunctioning in science,nature or u underrated your phone...

grin

Oshey! The FLASH don full this one head o.

Why didn't you finish the diagnosis by telling him to time travel back to when he bought the SIM to correct the anomaly? grin
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by ILYMA: 4:31pm On Aug 25, 2020
LadySarah:
Anything you can't explain! Instead of looking for soln you tag it spiritual and leave it at that.

I don't even know the ppl who likes this guy's post. It's not funny one but.

This issue didn't start today. Go to your network provider and get it sorted.

Spiritual indeed!

Aunty dey form atheist but her name na Sarah

2 Likes

Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 25, 2020
LadySarah:
Anything you can't explain! Instead of looking for soln you tag it spiritual and leave it at that.

I don't even know the ppl who likes this guy's post. It's not funny one but.

This issue didn't start today. Go to your network provider and get it sorted.

Spiritual indeed!
As in ehn. I even marvel at people who foolishly likes his posts. Very foolish of them. BTW that picture weaken my body o. So true
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Askme2020(m): 4:35pm On Aug 25, 2020
Vyzz:
Think this...

grin
a glitch in the matrix... person way sabi
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by shilz(f): 4:35pm On Aug 25, 2020
Jasseyfrd:
go to ur phone setting..enter call divert... cancel all call divert
#21# to disable .
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 4:36pm On Aug 25, 2020
.op do you use glo?. My mum also complained of d same thing to me when she tried calling me.

i think dey sold dat ur num twice, it happened with my mum's mtn. She had 2 dead d sim.
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Kobicove(m): 4:41pm On Aug 25, 2020
Righteousness89:
If you are in Lagos, Purchase one of these phone books sold in Ikeja.

If that is not your Case, then it Could be Spirtual. I know it sounds Funny but it is True

I Have Heard so many things in these days that Sound unbelievable and Funny , but they are Real.

Do you have any logical reasoning at all?!

How can you relate this incident to spirituality?!

You're a big joker! undecided

1 Like

Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Askme2020(m): 4:42pm On Aug 25, 2020
Fokosobo:

It is people like you that will never make Africa develop nor advance. God gave us brains and made us intelligent for a reason. But it is a pity that Africans have decided not to use it. Instead we are quick to tag anything we dont understand as spiritual.

I was discussing with a brother sometime ago and he told me that there is nothing called malaria or typhoid and other diseases. He said it is sin that cause malaria.
If not for the white men that used their brains to find the cause of malaria and develop antimalarial drugs, the black man would have continued to tag it spiritual and do nothing about it. infact they will even start calling you a sinner once you fall sick from malaria and other diseases.

The other day another man was telling me that witchcraft is used in the creation of Aeroplane, i just laughed and marvelled at his level of ignorance. I didn't even bother to explain anything to him because he obviously cannot understand the mathematics in aerodynamics.

in summary, we need to start using our brains just like the whites. We are all using their innovations today and we depend on them. God made us intelligent so that we can find answers and proffer solutions to many challenges in life. God will not do anything that he knows we can do by ourselves. just like when you have food and other resources at home and you start praying to God to cook it for you, that is stupidity and such a prayer will never be answered.
more wisdom I asked for you from the Universe
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by nonxo007(m): 4:42pm On Aug 25, 2020
Nobledavid:

I don't live in Lagos.
Simply Google it
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by GreatResearcher: 4:42pm On Aug 25, 2020
Flytime:
too much fiction movies
What can you say about Righteousness89 attaching spirituality to a technical error?
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by ikorodureporta: 4:44pm On Aug 25, 2020
Righteousness89:
If you are in Lagos, Purchase one of these phone books sold in Ikeja.

I Have Heard so many things in these days that Sound unbelievable and Funny , but they are Real.

cheesy cheesy

where were u when Nwaamaikpe was killing us here? abi na lockdown bring out yr talent grin

1 Like

Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by GreatResearcher: 4:45pm On Aug 25, 2020
Ent3rpreneur:
Well, since my man Righteousness89 has commented already, I'm 80% sure this is FP bound cool
It's on FP now.
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by TurnerG: 4:45pm On Aug 25, 2020
mfm04622:

All phone numbers are unique!
OK sir
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by seunthomas: 4:47pm On Aug 25, 2020
Most of the time its a switching issue at the network. MTN is very popular for that. It may have absolutely nothing to do with you or your phone line.
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by sani02zang(m): 4:47pm On Aug 25, 2020
Nobledavid:
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

My fellow Nairalanders I think someone is monitoring my calls.

It all started when I was chating with my business partner on whatsapp and I was explaining some stuffs to her and she didn't understand so she called my number for me explain better so when she called my number
Someone picked The call and said his name is David.

She had to send me a message on whatsapp to tell me what happened but then I was shocked because I didn't even see any call.

So I told her to call me again she called the same number the second time then I picked The call and we talked but she didn't believe I was The one who picked the call so I had to send her a message on whatsapp to tell her I'm The one who picked The call this time.

She had to call again and the David guy picked it up again.

One thing is for sure I also go by the name David but I never in my life introduce myself as David.
I go by the name Noble.

Months had gone by and today it happened again

I was chating with a close friend of mine on whatsapp and he called me to tell me about a link he sent to me on whatsapp.
But guess what
Someone picked it up again and said his name is David.

Like I don't understand.
My friend had to whatsapp me to tell me what happened and I haven't even replied him because I've concluded my sim has been cloned or hacked by some David guy.

Please if you can help me say something cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

This sim card is really important to me hence I Have over 8k whatsapp contacts and almost all my clients call me with this number

All online registration I've done is with this number

Please I need help cry cry cry cry cry cry

Help me get this to The front page so those who are into tech can help me please.

I've tried calling customer services and they said there's nothing like hacked sim
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by NtiObaEneke(f): 4:47pm On Aug 25, 2020
Righteousness89:

Funny is an understatement.

3 Likes

Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Lastlook: 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2020
Does it mean? Can't i have a name as Ahmed and still be a Christian Or Atheist. You people gan self.

ILYMA:

Aunty dey form atheist but her name na Sarah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Phone Are You Currently Using And What You Like And Hate About It? / Nokia 6.1 Plus(X6) Unboxing, Review and Comparison With 5.1 Plus and GCAM Photos / 10" Tecno Winpad 10 Windows Tablet With Detachable Keyboard And 7000mah Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.