Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

"My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out (32970 Views)

I Lost My Sim Card But Was Not Registered With My Name And Photograph / Help. My Xiaomi Is No Longer Showing My Sim After Mui Update / 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Jaqenhghar: 6:36pm On Aug 25, 2020
Nobledavid:

Yes it's an MTN sim
Thats how they will get people into trouble for nothing.
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by evesdon4u: 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2020
Try this please:

Dial *#21# to check which number is picking your calls

Dial *#62# to know the destination that is checking

Dial ##002# to disconnect the number

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 25, 2020
Birchi33:

But this Hausa people that you envy are doing far better than you.
Go to every sector of economy and find out!
Lazy youth��
Just like that?

Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by luqhas100(m): 7:05pm On Aug 25, 2020
Righteousness89:

If that is not your Case, then it Could be Spirtual. I know it sounds Funny but it is True.

I Have Heard so many things in these days that Sound unbelievable and Funny , but they are Real.

If that is the Case you Have to Deal with it in Prayers..

this guy is going mental small small oooo..... spiritual kee you der
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Pimpstar: 7:13pm On Aug 25, 2020
seanwilliam:
When something like this happens, your best bet is the perceptions of the fact the invective imbecility is never catapulted to the eudora of binary.. now you the tavanic evidence which the tantric to the esoteric enigmaticism.. ok now when the cylinder physique is out of the plasmodium formulary denies the psychosis fidelity then the atmospheric findings should be stuffed down to the kinker limitations..

If you're around Iwo road hit me up at mingles, make I dash u orijin..

shocked

(´⊙ω⊙`)
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by SlyCharlie(m): 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
ModestGal:
Me too, I wonder who likes his posts, very backward posts
You must know that, many re.tards roam this forum. The likes come from the lot of them.
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by mechanics(m): 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
Call your customer care.
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by ModestGal(f): 7:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
SlyCharlie:

You must know that, many re.tards roam this forum.
The likes come from the lot of them.
I always see his posts and the likes, I can't even quote him because it sounds so dumb that I don't know where to start explaining. Spiritualism and sim card, things he should be ashamed to say. That should let you know why the country is backward, it's not because of any political leaders or some people, its because of Nigerians. L

3 Likes

Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by SKhanmi: 7:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
lessonotes:

To know if your calls are being monitored; dial #61# or *#61# and look out for the message that shows up. If you get a message telling you call forwarded to 080XXXXXXXX or call forwarding activated then you should know that someone on the other end is monitoring your calls. On the contrary; if after dialing the code, it shows ‘call not forwarded’ or ‘call forwarding deactivated’ then you are safe.

Now, let’s see how you can stop the ‘eavesdropping’ activity [in case you are falling victim]. There are two (2) ways to go about this, and the option that will work for you may be dependent on the method – code or app – the ‘eavesdropper’ used in activating the call monitoring.
If the person has used a code, you deactivate the call monitoring by simply dialing ##002# or ##21#.

Thanks, Just found out my Airtel Sim has been forwarded to one strange number since 2018 angry. Clears up some recent messages I've been receiving. Never buying any sim from all these roadside folks again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Mywd: 7:25pm On Aug 25, 2020
Fokosobo:

It is people like you that will never make Africa develop nor advance. God gave us brains and made us intelligent for a reason. But it is a pity that Africans have decided not to use it. Instead we are quick to tag anything we dont understand as spiritual.

I was discussing with a brother sometime ago and he told me that there is nothing called malaria or typhoid and other diseases. He said it is sin that cause malaria.
If not for the white men that used their brains to find the cause of malaria and develop antimalarial drugs, the black man would have continued to tag it spiritual and do nothing about it. infact they will even start calling you a sinner once you fall sick from malaria and other diseases.

The other day another man was telling me that witchcraft is used in the creation of Aeroplane, i just laughed and marvelled at his level of ignorance. I didn't even bother to explain anything to him because he obviously cannot understand the mathematics in aerodynamics.

in summary, we need to start using our brains just like the whites. We are all using their innovations today and we depend on them. God made us intelligent so that we can find answers and proffer solutions to many challenges in life. God will not do anything that he knows we can do by ourselves. just like when you have food and other resources at home and you start praying to God to cook it for you, that is stupidity and such a prayer will never be answered.

You know what? I did not even bother to read ur epistle,,,, cuz obviously it empty..
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by verlmoon: 7:26pm On Aug 25, 2020
beg David to change his SIM that you are the original owner, think that will help�
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by bigl: 7:30pm On Aug 25, 2020
Nobledavid:
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

My fellow Nairalanders I think someone is monitoring my calls.

It all started when I was chating with my business partner on whatsapp and I was explaining some stuffs to her and she didn't understand so she called my number for me explain better so when she called my number
Someone picked The call and said his name is David.

She had to send me a message on whatsapp to tell me what happened but then I was shocked because I didn't even see any call.

So I told her to call me again she called the same number the second time then I picked The call and we talked but she didn't believe I was The one who picked the call so I had to send her a message on whatsapp to tell her I'm The one who picked The call this time.

She had to call again and the David guy picked it up again.

One thing is for sure I also go by the name David but I never in my life introduce myself as David.
I go by the name Noble.

Months had gone by and today it happened again

I was chating with a close friend of mine on whatsapp and he called me to tell me about a link he sent to me on whatsapp.
But guess what
Someone picked it up again and said his name is David.

Like I don't understand.
My friend had to whatsapp me to tell me what happened and I haven't even replied him because I've concluded my sim has been cloned or hacked by some David guy.

Please if you can help me say something cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

This sim card is really important to me hence I Have over 8k whatsapp contacts and almost all my clients call me with this number

All online registration I've done is with this number

Please I need help cry cry cry cry cry cry

Help me get this to The front page so those who are into tech can help me please.

I've tried calling customer services and they said there's nothing like hacked sim

That is shocking ...

That's why MTN offered us some years back a secret lock code without which noone can do that ...

Can't remember what they called it around 2012/2013....

Go to MTN office sha or tweet them and I'm sure they will reply u and still tell u to come to their office

Quickly sensitise your contacts oooo
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by megareal: 7:33pm On Aug 25, 2020
uruba23:
I just hope for your good you won't start receiving calls from a recovery lawyer.When I had similar problem two years ago I went to NCC office in Ikoyi to complain my phone calls was been intercepted and unknown transactions been carried out,but they feigned ignorance so I decided to port the line only to discover the line is working on both the former and new network.Ironically both can access my Bank Account.It was later I start hearing I am involve in a court case that I am unaware of .Strangely yesterday someone sent me a picture of someone that looks exactly like me. I never would have thought I had a body double.
For real? shocked
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by SenecaTheYonger: 7:38pm On Aug 25, 2020
Friendlyjoe:
Take that sim to the office of your service providers so there can do a proper check on it.

They will tell him that his line is fine just network problem.
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by DonGenovese: 7:57pm On Aug 25, 2020
Lol, you took me back to the series Fringe... Some alternate Universe Sh&t....

Vyzz:
Think this...

Have u considered if this David that picks the call its u but from an alternate universe....

Who unlike u... Introduces himself as David...

And this is caused due to some malfunctioning in science,nature or u underrated your phone...

grin
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 25, 2020
Mywd:

You know what? I did not even bother to read ur epistle,,,, cuz obviously it empty..

I was expecting something like this from you because you are mentally lazy and that is why you quickly tag any little thing you dont understand "spiritual". You must suck at Mathematics too.
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Friendlyjoe: 7:58pm On Aug 25, 2020
bigtt76:
I got an MTN sim card recently for.data purposes and some awusa n1ggie has been calling my phone despite telling him I'm jot who he's soughting after cheesy las las I blocked him

I've not received any banking transaction details though but I think I need to report this to MTN officially

Yeah, it will be better if you report to them. Maybe try calling the customer care first to hear what they have to say
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Ceede19: 8:07pm On Aug 25, 2020
Vyzz:
Think this...

Have u considered if this David that picks the call its u but from an alternate universe....

And this is caused due to some malfunctioning in science,nature or u underrated your phone...

grin
movies go kill you lol grin
Vyzz:
Think this...

grin
movies go kill you lol
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Freekychuks: 8:14pm On Aug 25, 2020
If you have your SIM pack, better go to MTN office and do welcome back..
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Deborah98(f): 8:22pm On Aug 25, 2020
Similar thing happened when I bought my MTN sim sometime in 2018,I no hear word na so so calls from people I don't know,Sha I asked around what I could do about it so I just couldn't get a reasonable answer till date I didn't do anything about it cos I was like maybe there was a miss up somewhere though the calls have stopped, just take the sim to any MTN office near you and let them know what to do about it since you are sure you registered it yourself and you have been using it for a long time.
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Sardauna24(m): 8:28pm On Aug 25, 2020
dukeprince50:
normal, u are even lucky an Hausa man did not pick the calls, its a fault from MTN but take it to MTN office, better safe than sorry
So now she should jubilate that man did not pick the call,but olodo yoruba or Igbo gang i.e biafranpig has finally pick the call right?tribalistic idiot continue exposing ur self
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Sardauna24(m): 8:29pm On Aug 25, 2020
dukeprince50:
normal, u are even lucky an Hausa man did not pick the calls, its a fault from MTN but take it to MTN office, better safe than sorry
So now she should jubilate that Hausa man did not pick the call,but olodo yoruba or Igbo gang i.e biafranpig has finally pick the call right?tribalistic idiot continue exposing ur self.
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by oluspicy: 8:47pm On Aug 25, 2020
Dial *#62# to know if your phone has been tapped.

To cancel all call divert or call forwarding, dial ##21#.
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by femi4: 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2020
Nobledavid:
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

It all started when I was chating with my business partner on whatsapp and I was explaining some stuffs to her and she didn't understand so she called my number for me explain better so when she called my number

She had to send me a message on whatsapp to tell me what happened but then I was shocked because I didn't even see any call.

So I told her to call me again she called the same number the second time then I picked The call and we talked but she didn't believe I was The one who picked the call so I had to send her a message on whatsapp to tell her I'm The one who picked The call this time.

One thing is for sure I also go by the name David but I never in my life introduce myself as David.
I go by the name Noble.

I was chating with a close friend of mine on whatsapp and he called me to tell me about a link he sent to me on whatsapp.
But guess what

Like I don't understand.
My friend had to whatsapp me to tell me what happened and I haven't even replied him because I've concluded my sim has been cloned or hacked by some David guy.

This sim card is really important to me hence I Have over 8k whatsapp contacts and almost all my clients call me with this number

Help me get this to The front page so those who are into tech can help me please.

I've tried calling customer services and they said there's nothing like hacked sim
Do a welcome back
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by dukeprince50: 8:55pm On Aug 25, 2020
Sardauna24:
So now she should jubilate that Hausa man did not pick the call,but olodo yoruba or Igbo gang i.e biafranpig has finally pick the call right?tribalistic idiot continue exposing ur self.
I am sorry if this might have caused u any harm, I didn't mean to insult Hausa people I just said that as most wrong calls are always from people speaking Hausa, I have had this problem like 10times and mostly Hausa people are the ones my calls got diverted to, I'll modify my comment as soon as possible
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Abyima(m): 8:58pm On Aug 25, 2020
Nobledavid:

I go by the name Noble.

But guess what

Like I don't understand.

Na person you know put your phone for call divert. Go to call settings, go to call divert and cancel all call diverts.
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by mukthar2000(m): 9:02pm On Aug 25, 2020
Brother, contact ur network office for solution, maybe they sold one sim to two custumers, but at time it can be spirit behind the network that interrupt ur calls becos this same situation happened to my close friend.
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Truetalk3139: 9:07pm On Aug 25, 2020
Righteousness89:
If you are in Lagos, Purchase one of these phone books sold in Ikeja.

There is a code that could be used to know if your line has been Bugged.

There is also a Code that could be used to Cancel it.

If that is not your Case, then it Could be Spirtual. I know it sounds Funny but it is True.

I Have Heard and Seen so many things in these days that Sound unbelievable and Funny , but they are Real.

comedian
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by sonofthunder: 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
sunshineV:
blockhead

Cc: Seun, lalasticlala.
Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Tominix(m): 9:12pm On Aug 25, 2020
Righteousness89:
If you are in Lagos, Purchase one of these phone books sold in Ikeja.

There is a code that could be used to know if your line has been Bugged.

There is also a Code that could be used to Cancel it.

I Have Heard and Seen so many things in these days that Sound unbelievable and Funny , but they are Real.

Let me add one extra like to make it ""100""

1 Like

Re: "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out by Sardauna24(m): 9:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
dukeprince50:
I am sorry if this might have caused u any harm, I didn't mean to insult Hausa people I just said that as most wrong calls are always from people speaking Hausa, I have had this problem like 10times and mostly Hausa people are the ones my calls got diverted to, I'll modify my comment as soon as possible,
please to whomever found this comment offensive, it was not intended to insult Hausa ppl
It is alright bro i thought its those tribalistic pple that are ranting online and be causing problem here nd there,sorry for the misconception..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Will NCC Block The Lines Of Non Nigerians Without NIN? / HTC One M9 Unveiled Officially / What Phone Are You Currently Using And What You Like And Hate About It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.