Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,123 members, 7,953,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:58 PM

Marriage And Relationship Key: Engage In Good Fights Not Bad Ones - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage And Relationship Key: Engage In Good Fights Not Bad Ones (194 Views)

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. / I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Marriage And Relationship Key: Engage In Good Fights Not Bad Ones by YourFreedom(m): 6:42pm On Aug 24, 2020
By Pastor Edward Freedom

Bad fights can be triggered by anger. Bad fights can involve physical or verbal fights as well as silent fights where you ignore each other for some time to. These bad fights can easily destroy a marriage.

*Dos and Do nots when fighting*

(i) *Do not point fingers*
Avoid using the word "you" during  fights. Instead,  use words that show how you feel. Do not blame your partner for everything. Look at your own mistakes first before pointing a finger.

(ii) *Pick your fights*
Do not fight over petty issues. Don't fight just for the sake. This can hurt the marriage over time.Let your partner know what he/she is doing that annoys you or makes you unhappy and then find a solution together instead of keeping things bottled up.

(iii) *Do not raise past issues*
Always stay on point. Focus on the issue at hand. Raising past issues will only create tension between you and your partner. If it is in the past, forgive and keep it buried.

(iv) *Be mindful of your tone, language and actions*
Do not be quick to raise your voice to your partner. Avoid foul language and name calling as this will lower your partner's self esteem. If you must, walk away to prevent a nasty fight.

(v) *Pick the right time to fight just*
Do not bring up unpleasant issues when your partner is totally worn out from a hard day at work or when they are under pressure from work.

(vi) *Be flexible to resolve fights*
Assist young partner in things they feel they can't find in you. Always take lessons from your mistakes.  As much as possible, never go to bed mad. Fix  your issues before that so that the following day is not shadowed  by ill feelings of the previous day.

Have a lovely Marriage.

*(FAMILY RESTORATION MINISTRY. WhatsApp: +2348036554420)*

(1) (Reply)

Is this an appropriate concept? / Down2health Organic Tea Is A Great Tea Ever Your Body Needed Mrng And Night / The Power Of Your Tongue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.