Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds (65373 Views)

Borno Youths Drinking Fermented Urine, Lizard Dung, Says NDLEA / Four Men Arrested For Gang-Raping Monitor Lizard In Western India / Nigerian Police Tormenting SE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
That is linkindin alligator.
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by thymm: 8:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
This is Iguana
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by kutashi: 8:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
Light is major weapon that can be use ti attack them (Alligator, Monitor lizard or 'Crocs'). Just shine or direct a very power light onto their eye balls! Gbola! It weaken them seriously and they will lost their sight sense immediate but not the attacking sense!
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by dex4sure: 8:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
you strike the neck...oya clap for yourself

Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by larrypappyy(m): 8:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
Openbusiness:
the saliva carries a large concentration of bacteria, if it touches an open wound in your skin, you can die from the infection if not treated on time. So, um, yep, itza dangerous suntin
its their close cousins(comodo lizard) that have bacteria all over their mouth.
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by Abusadiq01(m): 8:20pm On Aug 25, 2020
I don't think there's anyone who can eat dat thing

Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by Openbusiness: 8:21pm On Aug 25, 2020
larrypappyy:

its their close cousins(comodo lizard) that have bacteria all over their mouth.
nope! D comodo is not a close cousin, the Comodo dragon IS A monitor Iizard. They are the same species. The Comodo dragon is a big monitor lizard. They have venom and bacteria mouth, but the small monitor lizard the venom can't kill a person because it's little, but the mouth bacteria can kill if left untreated. But the Comodo dragon venom is plenty enough to kill, due to its size and the mouth bacteria kills too. Comodo dragon = monitor lizard
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:26pm On Aug 25, 2020
HazzanTazzan:
Ive sited this lizard in my compound multiple times since last year but water pass garri for am today.

So i woke up this morning to find this alligator in one of my fish ponds... Luckily, the fished in that pond are table size and not edible for it.

It probably entered and blivd it will be able to climb out... But its hard for big lizards to climb plastered walls...

Tried attacking it couple of times earlier today but it kept hiding in the water.

i got back home this night and noticed it couldnt see me while i was shinning my torch at it in the water ... So i picked a long iron rod and striked its neck...

I dont eat these sort of animals so id call uncle lala to come pack it.
Stew, pepper soup or roast... Weytin you use am prepare?
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by enirock(m): 8:27pm On Aug 25, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Which one is gator again?
Alligator
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by thymm: 8:29pm On Aug 25, 2020
Abusadiq01:
I don't think there's anyone who can eat dat thing

I ate it many times during my service year in Kabba, Kogi state. Once me and my guy collect alawee, we must branch Binti laye restaurant to chop akiko as they called it, and the madam always give us extra meat since my guy na her pikin teacher for school

1 Like

Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by Benediktejike: 8:34pm On Aug 25, 2020
yaki84:

I think it should be stroke....
That is u stroke the rod right inside his neck....
Am ai right or left?

Extremely left
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by BArris007(m): 8:38pm On Aug 25, 2020
Where is uncle lalasticlala pls get ur knife ready and pls invite that jobless uncle next door.
Food is Ready
Lizard perper soup.
shocked shocked
tongue
kiss
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by omenka(m): 8:38pm On Aug 25, 2020
OP striked its neck.

This life ehn. cry
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by Tominix(m): 8:40pm On Aug 25, 2020
HazzanTazzan:

But it can be swallowing my fishes ...

Se i for leave am in the pond as e no fit come out abi make i find wrapper back am come outside ni...

People wey go eat am dey well well... Will show u tomorrow morning when they come carry am.

Ive once ate it while i was growing up too
sell it to them instead
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by spiralwedge(m): 8:55pm On Aug 25, 2020
This is not a normal monitoring lizard oo... See long tai!!! You sure say no be your village people come visit you so?
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by Ten06(m): 8:55pm On Aug 25, 2020
This is a young iguana
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by spiralwedge(m): 8:57pm On Aug 25, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
Where are those Ugly Looking Pots Nairalanders always bring out whenever the kill a snake or lizard grin grin

I think say na only me observe am ooo.

80% of NLers are villagers, bush people lol. You go see some comments like this, you go open mouth for at least 5 mins.
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by Himtoisand: 8:58pm On Aug 25, 2020
It has been Monitoring you
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by meobizy(f): 9:05pm On Aug 25, 2020
If your fish are catfish, you can throw it back into the water. They are normally carnivorous and will do the carcass justice.
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by HazzanTazzan(m): 9:27pm On Aug 25, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Next time make the ground with tiles.

Which ground? The whole of my compound abi where do u mean? Flooring and interlocking no good enuf ?
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by Malawian(m): 9:30pm On Aug 25, 2020
Question is, where is the mother of this lizard because this looks like a baby monitor lizard.
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 25, 2020
he's monitoring the progress of your fishes sir
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by Focusmind: 9:50pm On Aug 25, 2020
OP, I like the interlocks tile on your compound. It looks neat and well laid. Not like those ones done by Laye or Nurudeen.
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by Abusadiq01(m): 9:56pm On Aug 25, 2020
thymm:

I ate it many times during my service year in Kabba, Kogi state. Once me and my guy collect alawee, we must branch Binti laye restaurant to chop akiko as they called it, and the madam always give us extra meat since my guy na her pikin teacher for school
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by Abusadiq01(m): 9:58pm On Aug 25, 2020
thymm:

WFT

Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by jidesp(m): 10:05pm On Aug 25, 2020
HazzanTazzan:
Ive sited this lizard in my compound multiple times since last year but water pass garri for am today.

So i woke up this morning to find this alligator in one of my fish ponds... Luckily, the fished in that pond are table size and not edible for it.

It probably entered and blivd it will be able to climb out... But its hard for big lizards to climb plastered walls...

Tried attacking it couple of times earlier today but it kept hiding in the water.

i got back home this night and noticed it couldnt see me while i was shinning my torch at it in the water ... So i picked a long iron rod and striked its neck...

Its a lizard not alligator o
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by skyfather09(m): 10:12pm On Aug 25, 2020
HazzanTazzan:

luck dey with you... this thing meat sweet scatter.
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by simplepee(f): 10:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
Where are those Ugly Looking Pots Nairalanders always bring out whenever the kill a snake or lizard grin grin
Pocohantas will say 'hideous pots' grin grin grin That girl ehn

1 Like

Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by passiveincome01: 10:19pm On Aug 25, 2020
really
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by peterbello(m): 10:25pm On Aug 25, 2020
There's a bigger reducing my 6 weeks old chickens. It came by today too. I still don't know how to get it.
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 25, 2020
HazzanTazzan:

Which ground? The whole of my compound abi where do u mean? Flooring and interlocking no good enuf ?

D lizard will find it hard to walk on top of the tile than interlocking.

The tile should be around ur pondd

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LAUTECH Robbery And Rape Suspects Arrested / Police Arrest Cultists Who Beheaded A Man And Used His Head To Play Football / Nigerian Yahoo Boys Make Millions From Corporate Email Accounts (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.