Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,020 members, 7,956,784 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:49 PM

The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds (65703 Views)

Borno Youths Drinking Fermented Urine, Lizard Dung, Says NDLEA / Four Men Arrested For Gang-Raping Monitor Lizard In Western India / Nigerian Police Tormenting SE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 25, 2020
enirock:
Alligator

That's a monitor lizard pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by chiefojiji(m): 11:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
When u killed it, was it dead?
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by observanc1: 12:40am On Aug 26, 2020
which is this post on the Crime Section? Is the monitor lizard a criminal or what?
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by grandstar(m): 3:04am On Aug 26, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Monitor lizard.

Don't kill what you can't eat angry

So, it should eat all his fish? I don't think they are an endangered specie in Nigeria
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by SideInkom: 5:45am On Aug 26, 2020
Strange creature
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by ciro11(m): 6:38am On Aug 26, 2020
Openbusiness:
the saliva carries a large concentration of bacteria, if it touches an open wound in your skin, you can die from the infection if not treated on time. So, um, yep, itza dangerous suntin

I hope you you're not mistaking this one for a komodo dragon?
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by ogubolokento(m): 6:56am On Aug 26, 2020
See beta community meat?
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by Openbusiness: 7:00am On Aug 26, 2020
ciro11:

I hope you you're not mistaking this one for a komodo dragon?
a komodo dragon is a monitor lizard na. The giant size of it. Same species. Like among humans too where u have dwarfs, normal, giant etc.
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by larrypappyy(m): 7:12am On Aug 26, 2020
Openbusiness:
nope! D comodo is not a close cousin, the Comodo dragon IS A monitor Iizard. They are the same species. The Comodo dragon is a big monitor lizard. They have venom and bacteria mouth, but the small monitor lizard the venom can't kill a person because it's little, but the mouth bacteria can kill if left untreated. But the Comodo dragon venom is plenty enough to kill, due to its size and the mouth bacteria kills too. Comodo dragon = monitor lizard
pls, read up on it. dea is no point draging anytin hea.
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by Openbusiness: 7:33am On Aug 26, 2020
larrypappyy:

pls, read up on it. dea is no point draging anytin hea.
I already did, many years ago. Google it and find out.

"Komodo dragon, (Varanus komodoensis), largest extant lizard species. The dragon is a monitor lizard of the family Varanidae"
https://www.britannica.com/animal/Komodo-dragon
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komodo_dragon
https://www.britannica.com/animal/monitor-lizard
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:46am On Aug 26, 2020
HazzanTazzan:
Ive sited this lizard in my compound multiple times since last year but water pass garri for am today.

So i woke up this morning to find this alligator in one of my fish ponds... Luckily, the fished in that pond are table size and not edible for it.

It probably entered and blivd it will be able to climb out... But its hard for big lizards to climb plastered walls...

Tried attacking it couple of times earlier today but it kept hiding in the water.

i got back home this night and noticed it couldnt see me while i was shinning my torch at it in the water ... So i picked a long iron rod and striked its neck...

I dont eat these sort of animals so id call uncle lala to come pack it.
This is not a monitor lizard bro
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by HazzanTazzan(m): 10:35am On Aug 26, 2020
PrecisionFx:

D lizard will find it hard to walk on top of the tile than interlocking.

The tile should be around ur pondd

Ok now i get your point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by HazzanTazzan(m): 10:35am On Aug 26, 2020
vivaciousvivi:

This is not a monitor lizard bro

So what is it ? Alligator ?
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by HazzanTazzan(m): 10:39am On Aug 26, 2020
Openbusiness:
a komodo dragon is a monitor lizard na. The giant size of it. Same species. Like among humans too where u have dwarfs, normal, giant etc.

Very true... Comodo dragons look exactly like monitor lizards but they are giant in size just like big alligators and crocodiles...

I bliv comodo dragons exist in Nigeria too.

i cld swear i saw one before cos the size was just too massive to ne called a monitor lizard... Its feets stamp the floor with a vibration sound...
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by DEWKID(m): 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Which one is gator again?

alligator
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2020
DEWKID:

alligator

It's a monitor lizard

1 Like

Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:21pm On Aug 26, 2020
HazzanTazzan:

So what is it ? Alligator ?
Stop acting fresh.
Take the correction and move on.
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by Babacele: 12:56am On Aug 27, 2020
vivaciousvivi:
Stop acting fresh. Take the correction and move on.
razor vivy...hmmm
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by HazzanTazzan(m): 10:09am On Aug 27, 2020
vivaciousvivi:

Stop acting fresh.
Take the correction and move on.

Am i missing something? Where is your correction?

U said it isnt a monitor lizard and im asking what it is...

Obviously you dont know what it is but youre sure its not a monitor lizard grin
Nawa
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by ciro11(m): 10:16am On Aug 27, 2020
I bliv comodo dragons exist in Nigeria too.

Nope, I don't think so
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:45pm On Aug 28, 2020
HazzanTazzan:

Am i missing something? Where is your correction?

U said it isnt a monitor lizard and im asking what it is...

Obviously you dont know what it is but youre sure its not a monitor lizard grin
Nawa
You didn't ask because you wanted to know.
You asked a rhetorical question and tried to be insultive in the process bring up a gator.
What was the necessity of that?
Re: The Monitor Lizard That Has Been Tormenting Me, My Fish Ponds by grandstar(m): 1:38pm On Feb 20, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Monitor lizard.

Don't kill what you can't eat angry

So it should be feasting on his fishes?

I don't even think they are endangered, so no biggie here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Recover Body Of 2Baba, Killer Of Ahoada East Police DPO (Graphic Photos) / Female Police Officer Among Seven Killed In Edo Bank Robbery Attacks (Photos) / 19-Year-Old girl Caught With Gun In Anambra (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.