Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) (14616 Views)

Quit Secret Societies - Oluwo Of Iwoland, Akanbi Tells Yoruba Monarchs / Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect / See Ranking Of Obas In Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by gregyboy(m): 3:06pm On Sep 11, 2020
TAO11:
Emir is not the only word used by Islamic rulers, you dullard.

The king of Itsekiri is a prince of the Oba of Benin — and as such is not related to the Ogiamien family of Benin.

His title is “Ogiame” — a Benin word which means “King over the waters”. He uses this Benin word as his title because of his Benin lineage, despite ruling over a Yoruba subgroup.

“Ogiame” (which is his title) is different from “Ogiamien” (aka “Ogiamwen”) which is a another family of Benin who are against the Oba’s family.

I hope you’re aware that “you have indeed gone mad” is not an evidence.

My challenge to you again is as follows:

Provide any evidence [or account] from Owo where the king claims to be of Bini origin or where the kingdom claims to have ever been under Benin”.

Clearly Owo (unlike Itsekiri, at al.) never used any of the Benin territorial titles (such as: “Ogiame”, “Enogie”, “Orodje”, etc.) for its monarchy at any time in the course of its history.

First, the word for “King”, etc. in Edo language is “Ogie” plain and simple. This is not an assumption. In fact it is you who must prove otherwise if you must insist otherwise. cheesy

But I’m quite glad that you’re quick to drop that “Ogie” = “Royalty” fraud. It seems you’re not willing to accept that the Oba’s wife is “Ogie”. grin

No, I think the gods of Yorubaland are driving you insane for calling your Obas (and their ancestors) various unprintable names just because they utterances does not agree with your inferiority complex.

“Ogie” is not “Prince”, rather “Ogie” is “King”.

Also “Ogie” is not “Duke”. “Duke” is a English concept alien to Benin but borrowed mindlessly by inferior Benin.

“Ogie” is simply the Edo word for “King”.

I hope you won’t finally commit suicide. cheesy

In any case, “Oba” is a Yoruba word for “King” which appeared suddenly in Edo lexicon and almost replaced the original indigenous Edo word for “King” completely.

Evidence for this dry joke or 600 years suffering for you.

But in the meantime, here is an interesting read for you:

https://www.nairaland.com/6087424/benin-ife-myth-shouldnt-circulated#93803726

Yes, “Oba” came to feature in the Edo language later courtesy of Yoruba, hence the reason why the word “Oba” has no monarch related meaning in the language of the Edo people except in Yoruba language.

Stop his fathers from answering their names which he later came to answer. grin

Only the Benin rulers could correspond to the Yoruba “standard” in the Edo-speaking world ... [because] the Yoruba did not influence the political system of other Edo-speaking peoples ... whose rulers are not called Oba”. ~ Dmitri M. Bondarenko, 2003, p.71.

First of all the oba of Lagos till date still use his royal title alongside the word oba just as any Yoruba king. So, there was never any change. You’re imagining too much. grin

Open your cranium for the umpteenth time to understand that the Yoruba word oba is simply a common noun which applies to any Yoruba person who is “King”.

Whenever you see the word oba let your dry brain think of the word “king”. Simple!

The royal titles used alongside the Yoruba word for “king” (i.e. “Oba” ) — e.g. “Ooni”, “Alaafin”’ etc. are the proper nouns for the specific obas of specific kingdoms, just as the proper noun (or royal title) for the Benin oba is ”Omo N’Oba” (child of the king”).

Ooni” is Oba of Ife” or “the Oba of Oyo is Alaafin“ ~ Dmitri M. Bondarenko, 2003, p.71.

He clearly can’t stop his father from using the name which they permitted him to use from their own language.

I am waiting for evidence or 600 years.

Could this be the evidence I’ve been asking for?? wink

Started using ”Oba” or what did I just read??

How can Oba be an Edo word when it has no meaning in the Edo language except in the Yoruba language.

I have challenges you severally to present a sylllable-by-syllable translation of the word ”Oba” in the Edo language. Why are you s read?

Moreover, I have presented an example of 1800s use of the word “Oba” for the kings who own the word — the Yoruba kings.

No, if the list was made today just as it is shown in your attachment here without any mention of the first and last names of the obas; then it will still remain without the pre-fix “Oba” before the name.

Lol. The difference here is that you fraudulently included the actual names of the obas in which case your attachment didn’t.

If your attachment were to also include the actual names of those obas, then their names would of course be prefixed with oba because that is who they are.

The phrase “Oba of Benin” is not a traditional Benin tittle. The word “oba” for “king” in that phrase was introduced early to Benin, granted.

But the proper noun (or royal title) was and his traditionally “Omo n’Oba n’Edo” — just as his Oyo counterpart will have “Alaafin Oyo”.

Funny enough, I never said the titles would be necessarily for any king in Edo State — of course there are at least two different “Obas within Edo state.

So, my point was not about Edo State whic is a modern construct. My point was about territories that were traditionally ruled by Benin princes on behalf of the Oba of Benin — such territories may be found inside or outside of modern Edo state.

Also my point was not about the word “Ogie” alone. I gave a list which includes:

“Ogie”, “Ogiamien”, “Ogiame”, ”Enogie”, “Ovie”, “Orodje”, “Onojie”, etc.

This was never the case with any Yoruba-subgroup except the Itsekir. And interestingly, only the account of the Itsekiris confirm the Binis’ claim.

Show me a evidence to the time that list was compiled British refered to yoruba monarch as oba rather than

It would be

Ooni of ife, sir ogunmumy adeyeye and not

Ooni of ife oba, ademumu adeyeyeboy

If you oppose this send me evidence likewise to it were before the list was taking the British at any point called or adress the yoruba kings as obas

I wont ve arguing on the rest
Rafer i would say provide me evidence

Provide me evidence from 1897-1914 benin-ife
Both on historical documents writen by Europeans on benin-ife connection
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by TAO11(f): 3:07pm On Sep 11, 2020
gregyboy:
[s]Show me a evidence to the time that list was compiled British refered to yoruba monarch as oba rather than

It would be

Ooni of ife, sir ogunmumy adeyeye and not

Ooni of ife oba, ademumu adeyeyeboy

If you oppose this send me evidence likewise to it were before the list was taking the British at any point called or adress the yoruba kings as obas

I wont ve arguing on the rest
Rafer i would say provide me evidence

Provide me evidence from 1897-1914 benin-ife
Both on historical documents writen by Europeans on benin-ife connection[/s]
You mean I should show you evidence for your own attachment?? grin
Btw sane folks, here is an interesting link for your enjoyment:

https://www.nairaland.com/6107833/sculpture-found-oba-palace#93796358

4 Likes

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by gregyboy(m): 3:12pm On Sep 11, 2020
TAO11:
You mean I should show you evidence for your own attachment?? grin
Btw same folks, here is an interesting link for your enjoyment.

You will be so desperate on benun issues for 600yrs
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by TAO11(f): 3:18pm On Sep 11, 2020
gregyboy:

You will be so desperate on benun issues for 600yrs
Many people have seen your picture on Nairaland before, some of these people know your family.

I have “uselessed” you enough. Stop further disgracing yourself, your family, and Benin.

Have some self-dignity.

And if you don’t have self-respect, at least respect your family.

3 Likes

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by SaintBeehot(m): 4:40pm On Sep 11, 2020
AreaFada2:
Their madness don start again. Who let these people out of Aro?

I rank highly only the following Obas after Oba of Benin: Oba of Lagos, Olowo of Owo, Olu of Warri, Obi of Agbor and Obi of Onitsha,

I respect Alaafin for representing a former Empire just like Benin and the Awujale for respecting himself and not talking anyhow. Then the Olugbo for exposing liars on Oduduwa.
chestbeaters grin

3 Likes

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by gregyboy(m): 5:28pm On Sep 11, 2020
SaintBeehot:
chestbeaters grin

Mugu are you not seeing the oba is at the last, meaning it wasnt done according to historical ties lordship because even the ooni who is way below the oba of benin is at the fore front which ought not be and its unsual.....

The real siting roll will only include oba of benin and prince Charles at the fore front while the obi alafin of oyo, and the sultan at the second role, the last would be ooni of ife because he was a mere native doctor in ife before awolowo elevatated his stool
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by SaintBeehot(m): 5:53pm On Sep 11, 2020
gregyboy:

Mugu are you not seeing the oba is at the last, meaning it wasnt done according to historical ties and lordship because even the ooni who is way head of is sitting at the front roll which is unsual.....

The real siting roll will only include oba of benin and prince Charles at the fore front while the obi alafin of oyo and the sultan at the second role, the last would be ooni of ife because he was a mere native doctor in ife before awolowo elevatated
So says a chestbeater whose decendant started wearing clothes some decades ago.
I can clearly see the effect of TOA11 beating in you but it seems you refuse to learn. Youruba's have always being and will always be your nightmare. well according to my school of thought, kicking a dead horse is always uncalled for.

1 Like

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by AreaFada2: 6:05pm On Sep 11, 2020
SaintBeehot:
chestbeaters grin
So it did not occur to you that Oba of Benin sat in order that his swordbearer must stand nearby? grin

In any case after amalgamation of Nigeria, you still don't know that it has been population politics and manipulation by the British since? grin

You never asked why brilliant people from Yoruba side or other tribes cannot aspire to the presidency unless chosen by Hausa Fulani?

But a barely literate coupist is your president.

Dan Fodio invaded and overran ancient and peaceful Hausa Kingdoms barely 200 years ago. Just like Boko Haram is still trying to do from Sambisa.

Then attacked Oyo Empire taking Ilorin. That is his descendant you now worship.

Ignorance is bliss sha.

Let me remind you also. If not to tell Britain to return Benin arts, the Oba would probably not have gone. Oba of Benin was the only one who reminded prince Charles of their historical injustice in Nigeria while most others just went there for a photo opportunity. grin cheesy grin

I cannot see Alaafin there. So is he a 3rd class king?

Considering Benin history with Britain, until reparation for their heinous crime, we should hardly grant them such an honour of being received by our Oba.

We do not need British approval to feel good about ourselves. After all, when the British came in 1553, Benin was already so developed that they immediately called it Benin City.

Na low self esteem people dey go gaga over one mumu guy. A man that his son might even take the throne ahead of when his mother dies. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by SaintBeehot(m): 9:49am On Sep 14, 2020
AreaFada2:

So it did not occur to you that Oba of Benin sat in order that his swordbearer must stand nearby? grin

In any case after amalgamation of Nigeria, you still don't know that it has been population politics and manipulation by the British since? grin

You never asked why brilliant people from Yoruba side or other tribes cannot aspire to the presidency unless chosen by Hausa Fulani?

But a barely literate coupist is your president.

Dan Fodio invaded and overran ancient and peaceful Hausa Kingdoms barely 200 years ago. Just like Boko Haram is still trying to do from Sambisa.

Then attacked Oyo Empire taking Ilorin. That is his descendant you now worship.

Ignorance is bliss sha.

Let me remind you also. If not to tell Britain to return Benin arts, the Oba would probably not have gone. Oba of Benin was the only one who reminded prince Charles of their historical injustice in Nigeria while most others just went there for a photo opportunity. grin cheesy grin

I cannot see Alaafin there. So is he a 3rd class king?

Considering Benin history with Britain, until reparation for their heinous crime, we should hardly grant them such an honour of being received by our Oba.

We do not need British approval to feel good about ourselves. After all, when the British came in 1553, Benin was already so developed that they immediately called it Benin City.

Na low self esteem people dey go gaga over one mumu guy. A man that his son might even take the throne ahead of when his mother dies. grin cheesy
TAO11 there's a kid here that needs education, should I tell him why Oba of Benin can't sit next to Ooni of ife cheesy

2 Likes

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by RedboneSmith(m): 11:12am On Sep 14, 2020
AreaFada2:
Their madness don start again. Who let these people out of Aro?

I rank highly only the following Obas after Oba of Benin: Oba of Lagos, Olowo of Owo, Olu of Warri, Obi of Agbor and Obi of Onitsha,

Lol. So the only traditional rulers you rate are the ones with connections to Benin. Such Edocentrism. grin

1 Like

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by AreaFada2: 11:42am On Sep 14, 2020
RedboneSmith:

Lol. So the only traditional rulers you rate are the ones with connections to Benin. Such Edocentrism. grin
Oh you are smart a bit.

I have no business with others. If they like let their ancestor come from Jupiter or climb down from Mount Everest. Let them rank themselves among the Shoguns of Japan. Ko Kanye. grin cheesy
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by TAO11(f): 12:28pm On Sep 14, 2020
SaintBeehot:
TAO11 there's a kid here that needs education, should I tell him why Oba of Benin can't sit next to Ooni of ife cheesy
The Ooni’s phone and the Prince’s shoes will go missing.

cc: AreaFada2

2 Likes

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by Etrusen(m): 12:44pm On Sep 14, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Binis are igbos with strong Igbo blood.

Even Bini themselves say Obaseki great grand parents are Igbos from Anioma region of today's Delta state.

Bini is igbo and igbo is Bin

Yorubas have no relationship with those people

Mr man the great grand father of obaseki is chief Agho who was the great great grand son of the obi of Obuluku in Delta state and the obi of Obuluku is a direct son of Oba Ehengbuda of Benin so does the show you obaseki true lineage before you start confusing people.

in fact the Obi of Obuluku was the one who killed the daughter of the Ezomo of Benin name Adesuwa which then result to war between Benin and Obuluku during the reign of Oba Akengbuda
and the war brought about the legendary Agboghidi N ugo to fame

please research properly before confusing people please.
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by Etrusen(m): 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2020
SaintBeehot:

please tell me why
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by TAO11(f): 1:07pm On Sep 14, 2020
AreaFada2:

Oh you are smart a bit.

I have no business with others. If they like let their ancestor come from Jupiter or climb down from Mount Everest. Let them rank themselves among the Shoguns of Japan. Ko Kanye. grin cheesy
This Yoruba man. cheesy

cc: macof

2 Likes

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by AreaFada2: 1:44pm On Sep 14, 2020
TAO11:
The Ooni’s phone and the Prince’s shoes will go missing.

cc: AreaFada2
Local phone and local shoes.

Oba of Benin enjoyed the best of material stuff in Scandinavia and other places when he was an ambassador. Not to talk of his time as a student in UK and US. Not a local champion servant of Elegushi family.

Oba of Benin didn't need Elegushi money to buy his throne. cheesy grin

By the way while others were scrambling to sit close to one oyinbo mumu, Oba went there to ask the albino to return stolen Benin arts. grin
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by TAO11(f): 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2020
AreaFada2:

Local phone and local shoes.

Oba of Benin enjoyed the best of material stuff in Scandinavia and other places when he was an ambassador. Not to talk of his time as a student in UK and US. Not a local champion servant of Elegushi family.

Oba of Benin didn't need Elegushi money to buy his throne. cheesy grin

By the way while others were scrambling to sit close to one oyinbo mumu, Oba went there to ask the albino to return stolen Benin arts. grin
I can’t remember when Nigeria started producing phones and Italian shoes — anything to help your bruised and battered self though.

Stolen Benin artifact?? No! Those were actually spoils from a punitive expedition at Benin kingdom.

It must be really tough on you to remember the ugly incident of how your Oba Ovonramwen was expelled and disgraced from his own kingdom. grin

Yet, the oracle of the Oghene of Ife forewarned him of the impending disgrace. cheesy ~ Egharevba cited in R. Horton p.128.

7 Likes

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by RedboneSmith(m): 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2020
Etrusen:

Mr man the great grand father of obaseki is chief Agho who was the great great grand son of the obi of Obuluku in Delta state and the obi of Obuluku is a direct son of Oba Ehengbuda of Benin so does the show you obaseki true lineage before you start confusing people.

in fact the Obi of Obuluku was the one who killed the daughter of the Ezomo of Benin name Adesuwa which then result to war between Benin and Obuluku during the reign of Oba Akengbuda
and the war brought about the legendary Agboghidi N ugo to fame

please research properly before confusing people please.

Obaseki's ancestors were from Nsukwa, not Ubulu-Uku. Ubulu-Uku royalty do not trace their descent from Benin.
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by Etrusen(m): 2:49pm On Sep 14, 2020
RedboneSmith:

Obaseki's ancestors were from Nsukwa, not Ubulu-Uku. Ubulu-Uku royalty do not trace their descent from Benin.

please make your research I can't argue at all.
simply ask for the origin of the obi of Obuluku
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by AreaFada2: 2:51pm On Sep 14, 2020
TAO11:
I can’t remember when Nigeria started producing phones and Italian shoes — anything to help your bruised and battered self though.

Stolen Benin artifact?? No! Those were actually spoils from a punitive expedition at Benin kingdom.

It must be really tough on you to remember the ugly incident of how your Oba Ovonramwen was expelled and disgraced from his own kingdom. grin

Yet, the oracle of the Oghene of Ife forewarned him of the impending disgrace. cheesy ~ Egharevba cited in R. Horton p.128.

Well, I have never seen Itel or Tecno unveiled with fan fare in UK, US or Germany. Only in Africa.

Your own is Mr Ajala Oghenekevwe. Ask Delta people. cheesy grin cheesy

At least Benin had the guts to face the British. Not cowards. Well, Britain called taking slaves from Africa business. Whatever Britain called the burning and looting of another people's land and property is irrelevant.

Important is that Hitler attacking Britain believing Germanic superiority exposed the hypocrisy of colonialism based of colonial master superiority.

Hitler made colonial masters lose the moral argument for colonialism as exploited by Mahatma Gandhi.

Whatever name the pilfering British called it is only relevant to you low self esteem lot who need British validation. grin cheesy

Valirex
Ghostwon
Gregyboy
Etinosa
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by RedboneSmith(m): 3:04pm On Sep 14, 2020
Etrusen:

please make your research I can't argue at all.
simply ask for the origin of the obi of Obuluku

I am from that general area and I know the history. You obviously are not from the area and know little of the history. Otherwise you would have known that the Obaseki family connection is with Nsukwa and not Ubulu-Uku.
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by RedboneSmith(m): 3:07pm On Sep 14, 2020
The founder of Ubulu-Uku, a herbalist/hunter named Ezemu came from Afor in Ndokwa, and not from Benin.
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by gregyboy(m): 3:12pm On Sep 14, 2020
TAO11:

Yet, the oracle of the Oghene of Ife oghene of nupe, forewarned him of the impending disgrace. cheesy ~ Egharevba cited in R. Horton p.128.

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by gregyboy(m): 3:13pm On Sep 14, 2020
TAO11:

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by gregyboy(m): 3:14pm On Sep 14, 2020
RedboneSmith:
The founder of Ubulu-Uku, a herbalist/hunter named Ezemu came from Afor in Ndokwa, and not from Benin.

Is an igbo person correct but the royal stool later became occupied by edos
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by TAO11(f): 3:32pm On Sep 14, 2020
AreaFada2:

[s]Well, I have never seen Itel or Tecno unveiled with fan fare in UK, US or Germany. Only in Africa.

Your own is Mr Ajala Oghenekevwe. Ask Delta people. cheesy grin cheesy

At least Benin had the guts to face the British. Not cowards. Well, Britain called taking slaves from Africa business. Whatever Britain called the burning and looting of another people's land and property is irrelevant.

Important is that Hitler attacking Britain believing Germanic superiority exposed the hypocrisy of colonialism based of colonial master superiority.

Hitler made colonial masters lose the moral argument for colonialism as exploited by Mahatma Gandhi.

Whatever name the pilfering British called it is only relevant to you low self esteem lot who need British validation. grin cheesy

Valirex
Ghostwon
Gregyboy
[/s]
Guts to face British or what did I just read?? Do you know what a punitive expedition actually mean?? grin Person beat you chase you papa commot for house, install an acting papa on top your head and you talk of guts. grin

I know you love discussing fictions, irrelevances and imaginations. That’s your specialty.

But when it comes to history —— fiam, even Ussain Bolt will scream don’t leave me, AreaFada.

7 Likes

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by Etrusen(m): 3:35pm On Sep 14, 2020
RedboneSmith:

I am from that general area and I know the history. You obviously are not from the area and know little of the history. Otherwise you would have known that the Obaseki family connection is with Nsukwa and not Ubulu-Uku.

please understand one thing please that the founder and it citizens may have been connected to Igbo but the king is and Edo blood and as you know every tribe is view through their king. that's What am trying to explain but again please make your research if you can go to your palace please do because your said you are from there.

But before I leave you please take no offense in what am going to say but its true that 97% if not 99% of kings in Delta state is influenced by Benin empire please research if you so which.
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by gregyboy(m): 3:39pm On Sep 14, 2020
TAO11:
Guts to [s]face British or what did I just read?? Do you know what a punitive expedition actually mean?? grin Person beat you chase you papa commot for house, install an acting papa on you and you talk of guys. grin

I know you love discussing fictions, irrelevances and imaginations. That’s your specialty.

But when it comes to history —— fiam, even Ussain Bolt will scream don’t leave me, AreaFada[/s].
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by TAO11(f): 4:04pm On Sep 14, 2020
gregyboy:
Oghene of Nupe cited in Egharevba cited in R. Horton p.128 or what did I just read?? Tufiakwa grin

It’s like Ayelala has possessed this boy’s eyes.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

6 Likes

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by RedboneSmith(m): 4:07pm On Sep 14, 2020
Etrusen:

please understand one thing please that the founder and it citizens may have been connected to Igbo but the king is and Edo blood and as you know every tribe is view through their king. that's What am trying to explain but again please make your research if you can go to your palace please do because your said you are from there.

But before I leave you please take no offense in what am going to say but its true that 97% if not 99% of kings in Delta state is influenced by Benin empire please research if you so which.

The king in Ubulu-Uku is NOT of Edo blood. There are many kings in Anioma that are of Edo blood, but the Obi of Ubulu-Uku is NOT one of them. The Obi of Ubulu-Uku descends from Ezemu, the founder of the town, who came from Afor.

Yes, Ubulu-Uku and every other kingdom in Anioma has been influenced by Benin. But being influenced by Benin, and coming from Benin are not the same thing. The Obi of Ubulu-Uku and the Obi of Ogwashi-Uku are some of the prominent obis of Anioma that do not claim Edo origin.

Note that there are people and quarters in both towns that trace their ancestry to Benin, but not the royal line. The royal line in Ubulu-Uku came from Afor, while that of Ogwashi-Uku came from Nri in the east.
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by RedboneSmith(m): 4:09pm On Sep 14, 2020
gregyboy:

Is an igbo person correct but the royal stool later became occupied by edos

The royal stool of Ubulu-Uku did not later become occupied by Edos. You people should write what you know na. Hian.

1 Like

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by ewa26: 4:12pm On Sep 14, 2020
RedboneSmith:

The king in Ubulu-Uku is NOT of Edo blood. There are many kings in Anioma that are of Edo blood, but the Obi of Ubulu-Uku is NOT one of them.

Yes, Ubulu-Uku and every other kingdom in Anioma has been influenced by Benin. But being influenced by Benin, and coming from Benin are not the same thing. The Obi of Ubulu-Uku and the Obi of Ogwashi-Uku are some of the prominent obis of Anioma that do not claim Edo origin.

Note that there are people and quarters in both towns that trace their ancestry to Benin, but not the royal line. The royal line of the in Ubulu-Uku came from Afor, while that of Ogwashi-Uku came from Nri in the east.

ok oo ubuluku baba ukeri oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Great Zimbabwe / Benin Was A Yoruba speaking Empire. / Why Do African Americans Generally Have Lighter Skin Tone Than Africans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.