Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) (14592 Views)

Quit Secret Societies - Oluwo Of Iwoland, Akanbi Tells Yoruba Monarchs / Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect / See Ranking Of Obas In Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by ewa26: 4:13pm On Sep 14, 2020
ukerifinomeneba RedboneSmith I will like to cook you smoky hot osi ited jollof rice an bring it to ahaba and leave with you ok There enough meat and drink in the two other coolers ok, do I get you vodka or gin for afters?
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by RedboneSmith(m): 4:17pm On Sep 14, 2020
ewa26:
ukerifinomeneba RedboneSmith I will like to cook you smoky hot osi ited jollof rice an bring it to ahaba and leave with you ok There enough meat and drink in the two other coolers ok, do I get you vodka or gin for afters?

If this is trolling, you're not even doing it right. You're just being weird. undecided
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by ewa26: 4:19pm On Sep 14, 2020
RedboneSmith:

If this is trolling, you're not even doing it right. You're just being weird. undecided

just answer me two questions and then I’ll leave you alone ok

a.) do Igbo and south south men ever wear half shimi underneath their wrappers

b) what is the difference between Igbo and Yoruba jollof rice and which one is better

Answer me and i will leave you alone
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by Etrusen(m): 4:35pm On Sep 14, 2020
RedboneSmith:

The king in Ubulu-Uku is NOT of Edo blood. There are many kings in Anioma that are of Edo blood, but the Obi of Ubulu-Uku is NOT one of them. The Obi of Ubulu-Uku descends from Ezemu, the founder of the town, who came from Afor.

Yes, Ubulu-Uku and every other kingdom in Anioma has been influenced by Benin. But being influenced by Benin, and coming from Benin are not the same thing. The Obi of Ubulu-Uku and the Obi of Ogwashi-Uku are some of the prominent obis of Anioma that do not claim Edo origin.

Note that there are people and quarters in both towns that trace their ancestry to Benin, but not the royal line. The royal line in Ubulu-Uku came from Afor, while that of Ogwashi-Uku came from Nri in the east.

then how did he get Ada and Eben sword if he has nothing to be with Benin
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 14, 2020
TAO11:
Guts to face British or what did I just read?? Do you know what a punitive expedition actually mean?? grin Person beat you chase you papa commot for house, install an acting papa on top your head and you talk of guts. grin

I know you love discussing fictions, irrelevances and imaginations. That’s your specialty.

But when it comes to history —— fiam, even Ussain Bolt will scream don’t leave me, AreaFada.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by RedboneSmith(m): 5:24pm On Sep 14, 2020
Etrusen:

then how did he get Ada and Eben sword if he has nothing to be with Benin

Please, where did I say he had nothing to do with Benin? Did you not see where I said all Anioma kingdoms were influenced from Benin?

I don't know why people here seem to have a hard time differentiating between influence and ancestry.

Even in the east, some chiefs are beginning to carry eben-like paraphernalia due to influence and proximity to places like Onitsha where the obi had eben (abani, as they call it in Onitsha), not because those chiefs are of Benin origin.

1 Like

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by RedboneSmith(m): 5:33pm On Sep 14, 2020
I'm going to post pictures of 19th century kings of Bonny wearing European suits and use it as evidence that the kings of Bonny came from Europe, since influence = origin. grin

1 Like

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by Etrusen(m): 5:36pm On Sep 14, 2020
RedboneSmith:

Please, where did I say he had nothing to do with Benin? Did you not see where I said all Anioma kingdoms were influenced from Benin?

I don't know why people here seem to have a hard time differentiating between influence and ancestry.

Even in the east, some chiefs are beginning to carry eben-like paraphernalia due to influence and proximity to places like Onitsha where the obi had eben (abani, as they call it in Onitsha), not because those chiefs are of Benin origin.

please sorry to stress you but please was Onitsha monarchical system influenced by Benin empire yes or no?
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by SaintBeehot(m): 5:38pm On Sep 14, 2020
TAO11:
The Ooni’s phone and the Prince’s shoes will go missing.

cc: AreaFada2
You're not a good person grin grin

1 Like

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by TAO11(f): 5:38pm On Sep 14, 2020
RedboneSmith:
I'm going to post pictures of 19th century kings of Bonny wearing European suits and use it as evidence that the kings of Bonny came from Europe, since influence = origin. grin
Hahaha ... I laughed hard when I first read his evidence of Benin origin.

Perhaps southerners are descended from Hausa/Fulanis since we later jumped on the equestrian culture.

5 Likes

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by Etrusen(m): 5:42pm On Sep 14, 2020
RedboneSmith:

I love this point influenced and origin are really not the thing.
but do you agree that a group of people is viewed by the way the king (being the first citizen) behave cause I know you will agree that the king is the mirror of his people
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by RedboneSmith(m): 6:11pm On Sep 14, 2020
Etrusen:

please sorry to stress you but please was Onitsha monarchical system influenced by Benin empire yes or no?

Yes, it was. But it was also influenced by Igala and by Nri.

1 Like

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by Etrusen(m): 6:15pm On Sep 14, 2020
RedboneSmith:

Yes, it was. But it was also influenced by Igala and by Nri.
uwonke Dalo����
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 14, 2020
Etrusen:

Mr man the great grand father of obaseki is chief Agho who was the great great grand son of the obi of Obuluku in Delta state and the obi of Obuluku is a direct son of Oba Ehengbuda of Benin so does the show you obaseki true lineage before you start confusing people.

in fact the Obi of Obuluku was the one who killed the daughter of the Ezomo of Benin name Adesuwa which then result to war between Benin and Obuluku during the reign of Oba Akengbuda
and the war brought about the legendary Agboghidi N ugo to fame

please research properly before confusing people please.

Ubulu uku not obuluku.

So much of Bini connective history that all names you keep calling ends up been wrong but you can spell Yoruba name well without mistake.

That alone will tell you that your history is fake. So much of revisionist theories coming from Bini people. Highly disturbing.

All these fabrications don't exist.
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 14, 2020
gregyboy:

Is an igbo person correct but the royal stool later became occupied by edos

Occupied by Edo bearing Igbo names.

Lol

Wonders shall never cease.
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by Etrusen(m): 6:30pm On Sep 14, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Ubulu uku not obuluku.

So much of Bini connective history that all names you keep calling ends up been wrong but you can spell Yoruba name well without mistake.

That alone will tell you that your history is fake. So much of revisionist theories coming from Bini people. Highly disturbing.

All these fabrications don't exist.

Oga na !!! ok u know what ? the kingdom am talking about is ubulu uku in Delta state whose current king is HRH Akaeze1 who was crown 17 years old after his father was killed. does that make any difference or make you happy now.?

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 14, 2020
Etrusen:

Oga na !!! ok u know what ? the kingdom am talking about is ubulu uku in Delta state whose current king is HRH Akaeze1 who was crown 17 years old after his father was killed. does that make any difference or make you happy now.?

Akaeze na Igbo or Edo name?

That thing you circled is the most weak evidence in the history of mankind.

Someone has already corrected you that ubulu uku has no such link you Bini revisionist will keep writing un-related stuffs with no correlation .

1 Like

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by Etrusen(m): 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Akaeze na Igbo or Edo name?

That thing you circled is the most weak evidence in the history of mankind.

Someone has already corrected you that ubulu uku has no such link you Bini revisionist will keep writing un-related stuffs with no correlation .

ok I hear I rest my case bro have a nice day ����
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by ewa26: 6:40pm On Sep 14, 2020
RedboneSmith:

b) what is the difference between Igbo and Yoruba jollof rice and which one is better

Answer me ooo
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by gregyboy(m): 6:42pm On Sep 14, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Occupied by Edo bearing Igbo names.

Lol

Wonders shall never cease.

What should it bear German name, please i dont need to give illustrations to show u didnt make any point.....
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by Etrusen(m): 6:46pm On Sep 14, 2020
ewa26:

Answer me ooo

�����
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 14, 2020
gregyboy:

What should it bear German name, please i dont need to give illustrations to show u didnt make any point.....

You guys are beginning to sound more fffooolissh and desperate with the useless analysis everyday and day.

Tell us how they ended up with Akaeze.

Contain every history in Edo or extend it to Yorubas pls..not here, it is not needed.
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by Etrusen(m): 7:03pm On Sep 14, 2020
Osagyefo98:

You guys are beginning to sound more fffooolissh and desperate with the useless analysis everyday and day.

Contain every history in Edo or extend it to Yorubas pls..not here, it is not needed.

oga na wa oo �� just take it easy no body is quarreling na !!
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 14, 2020
Etrusen:

oga na wa oo �� just take it easy no body is quarreling na !!

I have been taking it serious especially for future purposes.

I have explained to gregboy that such history is not needed here for future and vital reasons....as we all continue to look at nigeria from the wooly Zion.
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by Etrusen(m): 7:25pm On Sep 14, 2020
Osagyefo98:

I have been taking it serious especially for future purposes.

I have explained to gregboy that such history is not needed here for future and vital reasons....as we all continue to look at nigeria from the wooly Zion.

your point is well noted but your actions now cannot change the past because it's dusted
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by gregyboy(m): 7:27pm On Sep 14, 2020
Osagyefo98:

I never get time for igbos wen i do i personally drag you out
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 14, 2020
gregyboy:

I never get time for igbos wen i do i personally drag you out

Better get the time now and feel the wrath. So I will advise you not to try but shun spreading any Igbo Bini history. It DOA.

1 Like

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by macof(m): 1:48am On Sep 15, 2020
AreaFada2:

Read my posts from years ago. I cannot spoon feed you guys every time.

In essence I have as much stake in Yorubaland as any other genuine Yoruba person. I am not even talking of immigrants from Middle belt.
grin grin grin so are you a troll or a bastard? You still didn't clear this up
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by AreaFada2: 9:32am On Sep 15, 2020
macof:
grin grin grin so are you a troll or a bastard? You still didn't clear this up
Only a raving bastard without any respect for his mother can contemplate calling anyone any bastard.

1 Like

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by macof(m): 10:10am On Sep 15, 2020
AreaFada2:

Only a raving bastard without any respect for his mother can contemplate calling anyone any bastard.
wrong grin but only a bastard will continuously express hatred for a people he constantly claims to descend from
Nobody ever asked you to claim part Yoruba, you did that thinking it would aide your anti Yoruba arguments on this forum.
So the question remains did you lie or are you a bastard??

2 Likes

Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by valirex: 6:18pm On Sep 15, 2020
TAO11:
Guts to face British or what did I just read?? Do you know what a punitive expedition actually mean?? grin Person beat you chase you papa commot for house, install an acting papa on top your head and you talk of guts. grin

I know you love discussing fictions, irrelevances and imaginations. That’s your specialty.

But when it comes to history —— fiam, even Ussain Bolt will scream don’t leave me, AreaFada.

But your papa no fight them surrender without any fight grin what can be worse than such cowardice
Re: List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) by TAO11(f): 6:32pm On Sep 15, 2020
valirex:
But your papa no fight them surrender without any fight grin what can be worse than such cowardice
I can understand why you’re mad. Sorry! cheesy

I hope you won’t rush to report me to be a bully if I begin dealing with you again. smiley

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead / India Spiritual Temple!!!! Solution To Problems!!!! / Benin Was A Yoruba speaking Empire.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.