Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,156 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell (49535 Views)

Here’re 10 Pointers From Lionel Messi’s Farewell Message In Barca / Aaron Ramsey In Tears As He Bids Farewell To Arsenal / Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by ojaysam25(m): 9:09am On Aug 26, 2020
paulolee:

its better you read and understand than throwing insults, dnt you think that even with accepting pay cuts he still earns €31 a year in juve and thats 3 times more than any seria a player and he would earn that for the next 4 years and its better than madrid dt he earns more than that for jus 2 years??
let me ask you, why didnt perez give him a new contract or why did he asked for an improve contract in madrid even when he knows that as he ia ageing his value keeps depreciating?? its all abt the business and its all abt money for cr7...
We are comparing his wages with that of Madrid not seria A players....stop spewing gibberish...

1 Like

Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by OyinO: 9:09am On Aug 26, 2020
Johnny4President:
The local G.O.A.T want to copy the international G.O.A.T.

I stan CR7 the Ezege of football.

CR7 da real G.O.A.T cool any other G.O.A.T is a counterfeit.

So very much on point. Your submission was wonderfully backed with strong evidence and burden of proof.

1 Like

Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by ezechi24(m): 9:10am On Aug 26, 2020
Johnny4President:
Messi is/was never a good captain.

He is just too naive, i 8-2 say this but he will be a liability to Barca if he stays.

Btw, he should leave his comfort zone and prove that he's indeed d 2nd GOAT we're looking for.

Penldo ass lickers....hahahahahaha
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by brownemmanuel43(m): 9:11am On Aug 26, 2020
paulolee:
jus too baad..i cant believe this is happening, messi should jus be patient and stay one more season to see if this koeman new game plan would suit him, i think he should give barca the last dance and if barca new project fails he can walk to any club for free as a free agent..
i would be pained to see him leave and camp nou fans would surely miss him bcoz this wasn't messi's plan earlier bt things change and i hope the fans understand..
if he decides to leave i hope he ends up in man.city n dt would be my oda team, cnt wait to see how the magical messi would silence those lousy epl media and fans dt do say he cnt perform such wonders in EPL because la liga is easy..
and also i pity barca when city with messi meets barca in ucl...
Even though I'm not a barca fan but his transfer shows that messy is in another world. Imagine former players begging him to stay that shows that messy is from another planet and I will really miss him
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 26, 2020
prodigyhenry:
The funny thing is that those people who hate Messi are now begging him to come to their team. Go on Twitter and see how man utd fans are screaming at Woodward to get him, even Chelsea fans and Madrid fans are begging him to consider him. No transfer has ever created this kinda buzz. Now who is truly the goat �. We all know who the goat is but sentiments no let us gree
nobody hates Messi. Everybody's kinda terrified of him
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by Lekan239(m): 9:13am On Aug 26, 2020
Sanchez01:

Ronaldo left after back-to-back-to-back (3) Champions League trophies while Messi is leaving after a horrible 2-8 show. Messi is good, no doubt but definitely not half the leader Ronaldo or Ramos is.

It is one of the reasons he should leave because he has no business wearing the captain band but the politics won't make anyone admit it.
and yet your ronaldo was shamed and booed away as if he never existed in real madrid

1 Like

Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 26, 2020
how do u guys reason self. Which club can dish out such amount without breaking the financial rule, some of you guys comment without sense.
No club has even made any attempts for messi, man city was reportedly distancing themselves from any messi rumour, messi staying in eroupe won't be easy.
For those typing CR7 left cos of money, lol he left cause of many things, he was offered a new contract but with two years instead of four years, his tax bill that Perez promised to sort out but didn't like Barca did for messi, also he left because Madrid fans did an online poll where they preferred him leaving, he knew he was no longer appreciated some of you guys need to read more.
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by ojaysam25(m): 9:15am On Aug 26, 2020
FlipModeSquade:
Stop sounding naive..
Nobody can afford Messi..
Barcelona do not want him to go and that is why they are insisting on his BUYOUT FEE.
Real Madrid were HAPPY to sell Ronaldo..
That is the DIFFERENCE..
The only way Messi can go is if he can trigger his free transfer clause..
No club is happy to sell their best players....i heard there is a contract to let him go for free when he chooses....so he is free to leave,barca didnt tie him down like dey did neymar yet psg still break the bank to sign him
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by OyinO: 9:16am On Aug 26, 2020
paulolee:

lolz...all dis cr7 fan boys eeh, ma gee cr7 left real simply bcoz he asked perez for a new improved contract, even thoug his current contract is remaining 2yrs in madrid..
perez didnt agree to cr7 terms of a new 4 year deal with a very high wage like messi bcoz perez saw no future with cr7 in Madrid for d next 4 years then and cr7 had to go when juve came knocking bcoz he knew dey would hardly be a suitor to pay him dt much after his next 2 years in madrid...
do you think cr7 dts obsessed with ucl and balloon d or easily went to juve when he knows dt winning both with juve is impossible??
do you think dt even after winning the ucl with madrid he believed dt he would win the ballon d or in juve? modrid simple won the ballon d or dt year and we all kno itz bcoz cr7 moved to juve and dts wat cr7 always knew would happen bt he took the gamble bcox of the financial benefits of his career, Madrid knows how to dump stars no matter who you are, ask raul and cassilas and mayb after dt 2 yrs dt was left on his contract d nxt plan is to sell him off to china bcoz perez dnt joke witj cash and dts Y he played safe and moved to juve..

Rubbish
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by RealEzee(m): 9:18am On Aug 26, 2020
maiiilooo:
You're a monkey from Mozambique... Nonsense
then you're a pig from Botswana

1 Like

Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by slaypapa: 9:19am On Aug 26, 2020
They should respect the greatest footballer on earth to follow his decisions. GOAT
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by OyinO: 9:21am On Aug 26, 2020
kollinz1234:
If there is a "man God" of football, his name will be Messi, because only a God can show Messi; even the name Messiah, starts with Messi, so am not surprised that people are calling for the sack of a president who is their own blood for the retainance of Messi.
Messi is to football what Michael Jackson is to pop music. There is no second best after Messi he is the only best (s).

Has anyone ever called for the sack of even an ordinary coach if Ronaldo decides to leave?? From Lisbon to man u to Madrid and to Juventus like ashawo when no de use condoms, they are just using him and passing him around like a pot of sacrifice

And that's why you had to use Photoshop to prove your useless point? Try harder next time. No be only President, na Buhari.
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by lexy2014: 9:22am On Aug 26, 2020
PDPdestroyer:

Shut it Mr! I didn't use any derogatory word on you but if you wanna go this route, trust me it won't end well. Who are you calling "shallow"?
Why can't you Nigerians be civil for once, you're obviously the shallow one here for this unprovoked attack.
Make your points without recourse to personal attacks, simply because our thoughts don't align.
Peace! undecided

When u are asked questions and u respond by saying "...you are a Penaldo fan", is that a compliment or a personal attack? What has being a "Penaldo fan" got to do with d questions I asked? From what u have said above, u have only corroborated my point that u are shallow because u haven't really said anything reasonable.

FYI, I didn't make any point, I only asked questions. So I don't no d point u are asking me to make. So it still goes back to d issue of u being shallow.

Once agai, here are d questions:

1. What is d package that comes with making such signing?
2. Pls name d good number of clubs that will break bank to sign him.
3. What are d things d club stands to benefit?

1 Like

Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by anonymous1759(m): 9:22am On Aug 26, 2020
ojaysam25:

Ronaldo left manutd on a high he might lost the last of his two consecutive champions league trophy but he still won three consecutive EPL trophy with fa cups on a row...what did messi win this season before leaving....at least copa Del ray might have been better but he won nothing.

So because of that he's a failure? If that's your assertion you're one of the problems of the world we need to get rid off
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by Xpress24(m): 9:24am On Aug 26, 2020
FlipModeSquade:
So you think any Club can pay 700M on a Player even if he was 21 years old?
Where do you think they will pluck the money from?
Ronaldo in his whole career didn't cost 300M and you want a Club to pay 700M for a player?
And that is the idea with a buyout clause,they want to make it hard for any Club to buy their best players..
It seems you don't know much about the economic value of players..
Messi is a FRANCHISE PLAYER,his WORTH is much more than what he can deliver in the club..
Any Club,any Country will be GRATEFUL to have Messi GRACE their League and only the very best can dare to approach him..
And for your information,Messi wants to leave on a FREE,because their is a CLAUSE in his contract that allows that..
cr7 buy out clause@madrid was i billion go and research ok
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by Whitecoal711: 9:27am On Aug 26, 2020
When Messi scores,little earth quake
He wants out,spain and the world shake of the news,
Indeed no goat like him
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by Scout60(m): 9:27am On Aug 26, 2020
Sanchez01:

Resist the urge, bro.

Why Ronaldo left isn't the problem. How is the focus here. Ronaldo would have been branded a failure if he left without winning three UCL trophies in a row or any at all. Recall Messi had bragged at the start of the season that the UCL is returning to the Camp Nou?

Question: Would Messi be fighting to leave if Barcelona won the Champions League? Would Messi be fighting to leave if the scoreline was just 0-2 and not 2-8? grin grin grin grin

Bayern Munich has no respect. If they were gentle with Barcelona, this episode won't be happening. But this isn't the first time Messi is running or quitting after losing. It isn't even the third sef grin

Barcelona won 5 ucl, messi won 4 with them.

Between 2005 and 2018, Barcelona has more la liga titles and local trophy than Madrid.

Between 2005 and 2018, Barcelona has more el clasico wins than Madrid.

In that 2005-2018, it was between messi and ronaldo

Between 2005-2018, messi has more free kicks goal, more motm award, more golden ball award, la liga best player award than almighty ronaldo

Ronaldo beware, he is coming to intermilan
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by ojaysam25(m): 9:28am On Aug 26, 2020
Lekan239:
and yet your ronaldo was shamed and booed away as if he never existed in real madrid
Booed by you abi ....his fans that gladly follow him to juve....or you did not watch the match against barca this season when the whole crowd was in ecstasy when he visited them.....that was the turning point in Madrid season...Cr7 will forever be the GOAt

1 Like

Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by ojaysam25(m): 9:34am On Aug 26, 2020
anonymous1759:

So because of that he's a failure? If that's your assertion you're one of the problems of the world we need to get rid off
grin isn't glaring that the man who you all said can never leave barca because of what the club did for him while he was sick is about to abandoned the club that made him who he is....on top of that leaving them when they need him most because of personal ambition....who is the greatest fraud now grin

Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by RealEzee(m): 9:35am On Aug 26, 2020
PDPdestroyer:

Shut it Mr! I didn't use any derogatory word on you but if you wanna go this route, trust me it won't end well. Who are you calling "shallow"?
Why can't you Nigerians be civil for once, you're obviously the shallow one here for this unprovoked attack.
Make your points without recourse to personal attacks, simply because our thoughts don't align.
Peace! undecided
"I just discovered you're a Penaldo fan, no need taking this any further"- your statement true or false? What did this statement have to do with answering his questions tho? Does it make him Inferior to you to give answers to his questions been tagged "... Penaldo fan"?

Just asking tho
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by MisterGrace: 9:36am On Aug 26, 2020
prodigyhenry:
The funny thing is that those people who hate Messi are now begging him to come to their team. Go on Twitter and see how man utd fans are screaming at Woodward to get him, even Chelsea fans and Madrid fans are begging him to consider him. No transfer has ever created this kinda buzz. Now who is truly the goat �. We all know who the goat is but sentiments no let us gree

You lie with the tongue of the serpent of the old.
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by RealEzee(m): 9:39am On Aug 26, 2020
Lekan239:
na u boo am?
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by Chris2863(m): 9:41am On Aug 26, 2020
prodigyhenry:
Comment with proves, you dullard
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by PDPdestroyer(m): 9:42am On Aug 26, 2020
lexy2014:

When u are asked questions and u respond by saying "...you are a Penaldo fan", is that a compliment or a personal attack? What has being a "Penaldo fan" got to do with d questions I asked? From what u have said above, u have only corroborated my point that u are shallow because u haven't really said anything reasonable.

FYI, I didn't make any point, I only asked questions. So I don't no d point u are asking me to make. So it still goes back to d issue of u being shallow.

Once agai, here are d questions:

1. What is d package that comes with making such signing?
2. Pls name d good number of clubs that will break bank to sign him.
3. What are d things d club stands to benefit?
You must be very slow for expecting answers from someone you already described as "shallow"
What kind of answer do you expect from such?
You can make those questions your project topic if you need answers to them. Good luck in your research
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by Rexnegro(m): 9:43am On Aug 26, 2020
paulolee:
jus too baad..i cant believe this is happening, messi should jus be patient and stay one more season to see if this koeman new game plan would suit him, i think he should give barca the last dance and if barca new project fails he can walk to any club for free as a free agent..
i would be pained to see him leave and camp nou fans would surely miss him bcoz this wasn't messi's plan earlier bt things change and i hope the fans understand..
if he decides to leave i hope he ends up in man.city n dt would be my oda team, cnt wait to see how the magical messi would silence those lousy epl media and fans dt do say he cnt perform such wonders in EPL because la liga is easy..
and also i pity barca when city with messi meets barca in ucl...
definitely UEFA will do everything to pair the two clubs to play against if he leaves for city or anywhere else.
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by ThierryJay: 9:43am On Aug 26, 2020
lexy2014:

U used d word "abandoned" hence my rebuttal. It was just to set d record straight. In criticising other critics, one should also show d same level of decorum u expect from others. This is d reason I don't "fan" any club or individual. So much emotions involved. I can make comments without stepping overboard.

With regards your comment about Messis interaction with d board& his warnings, its just shows how a club shouldn't be run. No one player should be ever be given so much power. This is d result of that outcome

I used the word abandoned because that was the word CR7 fans were applying for Messi. Yet I clearly stated that I did not agree with the use of the word for CR7 as his fans were using for Messi.

Since 2017 when Barca collapsed scandalously against Roma and Liverpool, Messi did not run-off at those points, despite that they were obvious signs of Barca's recent frailty in high pressure games. But almost single-handedly tried to push Barca to the top as seen in 2018/2019 when he won the Ballon D'or and was highest goal scorer in the UCL and La liga. The Bayern result was the latest straw that broke the camel's back. And Messi's point is that if the system isn't working fine anymore after several attempts to make it work, maybe it's time to move on to another system. And I perfectly agree with this.
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by Sokoto311: 9:46am On Aug 26, 2020
[s]
SEGLIZ:

this won't make the biggest news, the biggest controversy I agree. he chose not to leave when the ovation was loudest hence this. his fans might not agree but truth is he's leaving camp nou more of a disgrace than hero.
[/s]
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 26, 2020
uunwanaobong3:
With MESSI, KOULIBALY, ALABA, MARTINEZ and THIAGO ALCANTARA, mancity will sweep everything......... Guardiola dey vex
baba are you sure about this?
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by lexy2014: 9:52am On Aug 26, 2020
FlipModeSquade:
What are the things a Club stands to gain?
Messi is a GLOBAL ICON.
FRANCHISE player that TRANSCENDS the Sport of Football..
ANY club that buys him,buys GLOBAL PROMINENCE and RENOWN..
Any Club that buys him,buys economic wealth..
That is the privilege that comes with having the GREATEST OF ALL TIME in your Club..
Inter Milan.
PSG.
MAN CITY.
Chelsea.
These are the clubs that will fall over to have Messi GRACE their team..

I think d issue of global brand and all what not was one of d reasons juve bought Ronaldo. How has that based on what u said translated into economic wealth for Juventus?

U say:

These are the clubs:

Inter Milan.
PSG.
MAN CITY.
Chelsea.

will fall over to have Messi GRACE their team.

Do u no d state of their finances especially Inter and Chelsea that u feel they be able to afford 700m for one player? Do u also take into cognizance FFP rule?
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by MrBONE2(m): 9:53am On Aug 26, 2020
Sanchez01:

Anyways, I have to be thankful... I can't wait to see a Messiless Barcelona run around the field while Eibar and Osasuna show them. grin
grin

Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by lexy2014: 9:58am On Aug 26, 2020
PDPdestroyer:

You must be very slow for expecting answers from someone you already described as "shallow"
What kind of answer do you expect from such?
You can make those questions your project topic if you need answers to them. Good luck in your research

My "slowness" is faster and greater than all ur speed put together. So now u have agreed that u are shallow? d questions are just help put ur shallowness in perspective so u can show us how it relates with ur "Penaldo fan" comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A PSG Fan Shattered His Television After PSG 1 - 3 Man Utd Loss (Photos) / Sergio Aguero Crashes Range Rover While Driving To Training / Mikel Obi's Twins With Baby Mama (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.