Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,681 members, 7,831,112 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell (49534 Views)

Here’re 10 Pointers From Lionel Messi’s Farewell Message In Barca / Aaron Ramsey In Tears As He Bids Farewell To Arsenal / Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by PDPdestroyer(m): 11:46am On Aug 26, 2020
lexy2014:

Attack? What attack are u talking about? If u are expecting an attack, sorry to disappoint u. It only shows y I said u are shallow and empty upstairs. Y should I attack u? Is that d purpose of d thread? Obviously, u shouldn't be on d thread. So u see that in ur attempt to "attack", u have chosen several words that have come back to haunt. More like pot calling kettle black.

Let me repeat this question:

"When u are asked questions and u respond by saying "...you are a Penaldo fan", is that a compliment or a personal attack?"

Can u explain d civility in d above?

U still talking about me not driving home any point. Is asking questions d same thing as "driving home a point"? I didn't call u names. I only told u are shallow in response to this "...you are a Penaldo fan". D fact is that is that u are shallow. because if u weren't, u will realize that it's u who started d name calling. I don't understand what u trying to defend or deflect.

If u say that u "don't give a rat ass about whatever opinion you have about my footballing knowledge", then y do u give a rats ass about this: "if you need someone to tell you what a great player like Messi brings to a club asides his skills, then you have no business being on this thread."

If u u say that u "don't give a rat ass about whatever opinion you have about my footballing knowledge", then y are u bothered that "People like you come to public forums as this with the "I know all" mindset"?

Guy, u are entangling urself with each post u make which further corroborates my point that u are shallow.
You're just ranting and trying too hard to find justification for your unnecessary outburst to a harmless remark, very typical of an average Nigerian.
You can twist the narrative all you want but your conscience is telling the truth that you started the name-calling, don't argue with your conscience, that will be tantamount to stupidity grin
When has calling someone a Penaldo(Ronaldo) fan become an abuse, how you're able to come up with such jaundiced narrative from a harmless remark just shows you're a simple-minded individual with an error-strewn thought process and overbloated ego incapable of accepting guilt, but would rather deflect, even with the flimsiest of reasons, like you did with the "Penaldo" excuse you're giving grin

But I find it strange that your overfed ego over an obviously empty head doesn't know there's a business side to football, and what signing the best footballer in the world means in terms of endorsements (I've given you a clue you can build on for your forthcoming project) can bring to any club.
When you're ready to come down from your high horse, I'll give you more tips grin

1 Like

Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by ojaysam25(m): 11:46am On Aug 26, 2020
FlipModeSquade:
Madrid wanted Ronaldo gone..
Ronaldo said so himself..
When the President of your Club does not value you the way he used to,that is to say that you are EXPENDABLE..
The said contract to let Messi go is not straight forward and is subject to interpretations..
It was supposed to be activated BEFORE June 30th and that time has elapsed..
The interpretation is now dependent on whether the unusual length of the season,should be taken into account and that is what is the bone of contention between Messi and Barca..
So,yes Barca tied him down with 700M and are still insisting on the amount being paid,because they don't want to lose their best player.
Neymar was worth 220M to Barca at 24 years..
Messi is worth 700M to Barca at 33 years..
Go figure.
Wrong,perez gave Ronaldo a contract which Ronaldo blurtly refuse....Ronaldo was the one who decided to leave despite being given a contract....according to him he wanted a new challenge...
What am saying is PSG still pays an outrageous fee at that time for neymar cuz dey know he has lot to offer....if messi was really worth it there are clubs that has the money...but he is an overpriced ageing player Who is fading rapidly....
Barca put that fee on neymar cuz they thought that would scare suitors away but still that was not enough that's why they triple messi buyout clause not because he is worth it but to scare suitors away...
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by obonujoker(m): 11:52am On Aug 26, 2020
Moura7:

Bro he said "he won four UCL titles of which in three he was the main protagonist" not four UCL finals. Yes, he didn't score in that 2015 final but if you watched that game and be honest with yourself, then you'd agree that he was very decisive in that win. Even Suarez's goal was a rebound of Messi's shot punched out by Buffon.

Lies.

Messi only decided 2 of barcas 4 UCL....
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by obonujoker(m): 11:53am On Aug 26, 2020
tfash96:
Is this how much better you can view football? Ronaldo fans need to be taught what football is all about

Clown....

You that deride ronaldo over euro 2016, or Madrid 2018, because he didn't score in the finals, coming here to talk about teaching someone football...
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by lexy2014: 11:54am On Aug 26, 2020
FlipModeSquade:
Always endeavor to put comments under context.
No club can afford to pay 700M to have Messi..
Messi knows that..
Barca knows that..
And you and I knows that..
And that is the reason why Messi is trying to trigger his release clause,to enable him to leave on a FREE..
The said clubs are FEW of the clubs in the world today that can afford to pay Messi's Wage,if he is FREE or have you not taken his salary into consideration?
As things stand,unless Messi is able to be a free agent,he is STUCK with Barcelona..

Which context are u expecting me to put ur words? D reason for this discussion is because i told someone that Messi's transfer fee is huge. And a Messi fan said:

"You think that's huge? This is Messi, the greatest footballer we're talking about. Do you know the package that comes with making such signings?
You think it's just all about football?
I can confidently tell you a good number of clubs will be ready to break the banks to sign him. Then you will know that amount is peanuts compared to what the club stands to benefit".

In response to d above, I asked d following questions:

"1. What is d package that comes with making such signing?
2. Pls name d good number of clubs that will break bank to sign him.
3. What are d things d club stands to benefit?"

In an attempt to answer d questions, u came up with this:

"What are the things a Club stands to gain?
Messi is a GLOBAL ICON.
FRANCHISE player that TRANSCENDS the Sport of Football..
ANY club that buys him,buys GLOBAL PROMINENCE and RENOWN..
Any Club that buys him,buys economic wealth..
That is the privilege that comes with having the GREATEST OF ALL TIME in your Club..
Inter Milan.
PSG.
MAN CITY.
Chelsea.
These are the clubs that will fall over to have Messi GRACE their team.."

So which context are u referring? U have gone from saying this:

"Inter Milan.
PSG.
MAN CITY.
Chelsea.
These are the clubs that will fall over to have Messi GRACE their team.." to now saying:

"No club can afford to pay 700M to have Messi."

Uptill now, u can't even give me specific financial benefits that Juventus gained from buying Ronaldo.
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by kollinz1234(m): 11:56am On Aug 26, 2020
OyinO:

And that's why you had to use Photoshop to prove your useless point? Try harder next time. No be only President, na Buhari.
pained Ronaldo supporter, u will just die for nothing
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2020
paulolee:

lolz...all dis cr7 fan boys eeh, ma gee cr7 left real simply bcoz he asked perez for a new improved contract, even thoug his current contract is remaining 2yrs in madrid..
perez didnt agree to cr7 terms of a new 4 year deal with a very high wage like messi bcoz perez saw no future with cr7 in Madrid for d next 4 years then and cr7 had to go when juve came knocking bcoz he knew dey would hardly be a suitor to pay him dt much after his next 2 years in madrid...
do you think cr7 dts obsessed with ucl and balloon d or easily went to juve when he knows dt winning both with juve is impossible??
do you think dt even after winning the ucl with madrid he believed dt he would win the ballon d or in juve? modrid simple won the ballon d or dt year and we all kno itz bcoz cr7 moved to juve and dts wat cr7 always knew would happen bt he took the gamble bcox of the financial benefits of his career, Madrid knows how to dump stars no matter who you are, ask raul and cassilas and mayb after dt 2 yrs dt was left on his contract d nxt plan is to sell him off to china bcoz perez dnt joke witj cash and dts Y he played safe and moved to juve..

What's your point? How does this your long epistle relate to the topic of discussion.

Some people sha
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by Moura7(m): 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2020
obonujoker:

Lies.
Messi only decided 2 of barcas 4 UCL....
Ok
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by Sirwallace(m): 1:31pm On Aug 26, 2020
Sanchez01:

Resist the urge, bro.

Why Ronaldo left isn't the problem. How is the focus here. Ronaldo would have been branded a failure if he left without winning three UCL trophies in a row or any at all. Recall Messi had bragged at the start of the season that the UCL is returning to the Camp Nou?

Question: Would Messi be fighting to leave if Barcelona won the Champions League? Would Messi be fighting to leave if the scoreline was just 0-2 and not 2-8? grin grin grin grin

Bayern Munich has no respect. If they were gentle with Barcelona, this episode won't be happening. But this isn't the first time Messi is running or quitting after losing. It isn't even the third sef grin

it is you who need to reason the urge you are using to shalaye.

Messi is leaving not because of the 8-2 or going trophyless. he is leaving because of the disrespect to his colleagues who are thrown out of the club because of a bad season and the manner the are going about it.

same Barca messi lost 7-0 there to the same Bayern and he never saw the urge to leave then.

what he stands for is loyalty to his boys who they both conquer Europe together not your obsession with the humiliating score line
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by Ebby433(m): 2:16pm On Aug 26, 2020
Lamasta:
They should let him go jare they are disurbing us everyday with jis news grin

it will interest you to know.. Do you think it's easy to let your most prized asset leave the club?
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by OyinO: 2:47pm On Aug 26, 2020
kollinz1234:
pained Ronaldo supporter, u will just die for nothing

You're already dead because Lioness Messi is dead already.
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by pikechukwu6(m): 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
grin angry
Bobotic:
Okay
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by ElasticStone(m): 4:18pm On Aug 26, 2020
Sanchez01:

Ronaldo left after back-to-back-to-back (3) Champions League trophies while Messi is leaving after a horrible 2-8 show. Messi is good, no doubt but definitely not half the leader Ronaldo or Ramos is.

It is one of the reasons he should leave because he has no business wearing the captain band but the politics won't make anyone admit it.

Ronaldo left when his request for pay rise was turned down. Don't get it twisted.
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 26, 2020
ElasticStone:

Ronaldo left when his request for pay rise was turned down. Don't get it twisted.
on the contrary. Ronaldo left because he couldn't handle competition with Bale.
The long range shot Bale scored against Liverpool's keeper, kalrius was the reason Ronaldo left. Bale took all the shine that day.

When Bale was celebrating, the camera man focused Ronaldo's face and showed alot of jealousy
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by Mryacks: 6:45pm On Aug 26, 2020
sammysneh:
It will be strange to see Messi in another jersey, He is Mr Barcelona and I know he wouldn't leave
He is just trying to make the club do the right things, how many times Messi said he would leave Barça but in the end he always remained there..

It is not easy to see a club icon/legend leaves or go to play in another team's shirt especially when such a player is known with that one club Jersey he represented with aplomb for years...Arsenal (thierry Henry), Man Utd (Giggs), Chelsea (Cech/Lampard), Madrid (Casillas), etc are some examples....but hey, the club and player must accept change and move on..
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by lexy2014: 8:03pm On Aug 26, 2020
PDPdestroyer:

You're just ranting and trying too hard to find justification for your unnecessary outburst to a harmless remark, very typical of an average Nigerian.
You can twist the narrative all you want but your conscience is telling the truth that you started the name-calling, don't argue with your conscience, that will be tantamount to stupidity grin
When has calling someone a Penaldo(Ronaldo) fan become an abuse, how you're able to come up with such jaundiced narrative from a harmless remark just shows you're a simple-minded individual with an error-strewn thought process and overbloated ego incapable of accepting guilt, but would rather deflect, even with the flimsiest of reasons, like you did with the "Penaldo" excuse you're giving grin

But I find it strange that your overfed ego over an obviously empty head doesn't know there's a business side to football, and what signing the best footballer in the world means in terms of endorsements (I've given you a clue you can build on for your forthcoming project) can bring to any club.
When you're ready to come down from your high horse, I'll give you more tips grin

Do u no y am enjoying this discussion with u? because like I pointed out earlier, it's a case of pot calling kettle black. Every attempt u make at expressing urself, sees u entangling urself in a web of self contradictions. With every name calling & labelling u have attempted, it's more like u are looking in d mirror before using those names& labels.

When u say "... typical of an average Nigerian", d question is are u not a Nigerian? In ur opinion, ur remark is harmless. So how was ur harmless labelling of "Penaldo fan" relevant to d following questions:

"1. What is d package that comes with making such signing?
3. What are d things d club stands to benefit?"

So ur choice of words whether it be outburst or whatsoever, are only an apt description of ur actions & character which in d whole confirmed and confirms that u are shallow. Your response to being called shallow was a typical demonstration of emotions spilled like a burst pipeline backed with great pressure.

According to u:

"an obviously empty head doesn't know there's a business side to football, and what signing the best footballer in the world means in terms of endorsements".

That is d essence of d following for u to shed light on your claims:

1. What is d package that comes with making such signing?
3. What are d things d club stands to benefit?

But unfortunately, u haven't demonstrated that u aren't an "empty head" or that u aren't shallow. U also haven't demonstrated that u no d business side of football that u say there is. It's one thing to no that something exists, it's another thing to no what that thing is in its operation, functionality & applicability in terms of prevailing circumstances.

So if u indeed no "what signing the best footballer in the world means in terms of endorsements", then ur response shouldn't have been "I just discovered that you are a Penaldo fan" which has no correlation with d questions asked & d subject of in your own words "...the signing the best footballer in the world means in terms of endorsements".

So when u say this amongst others:

"you're a simple-minded individual with an error-strewn thought process and overbloated ego incapable of accepting guilt, but would rather deflect, even with the flimsiest of reasons",

I can only conclude that u really really no yourself. I couldn't be more proud and give u a thumbs up for being so apt& accurate in your ability to capture your character. So I don't even need to call u names. U have been doing it for me
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by lexy2014: 8:22pm On Aug 26, 2020
sammysneh:
It will be strange to see Messi in another jersey, He is Mr Barcelona and I know he wouldn't leave
He is just trying to make the club do the right things, how many times Messi said he would leave Barça but in the end he always remained there..

What is d right thing that Messi is trying to make d club do? Is it his job to make "the club do the right thing"?
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by Auxigen(m): 10:41pm On Aug 26, 2020
Sanchez01:
Messi leaving the club will be the end of Bartomeu's political career and the move will cause a major shake up at the Camp Nou, from the board down to the players and possibly janitors and ball boys.

The Camp Nou politics runs very deep and it is riddled with corruption the size of our own government. Messi, seeking to play away from Barcelona is probably the best for him but it won't solve the issue at the club.

Anyways, I have to be thankful... I can't wait to see a Messiless Barcelona run around the field while Eibar and Osasuna show them. grin

You're in for a surprise dude.
I'm a Barca fan and I even want him to go...it's best for Barcelona's future
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by Sanchez01: 10:48pm On Aug 26, 2020
Auxigen:

You're in for a surprise dude.
I'm a Barca fan and I even want him to go...it's best for Barcelona's future
He is halfway out as it stands. Worst case scenario, both parties will go to court and battle it out. But know this, in the event that that happens, Messi will definitely not play for Barcelona even if the club wins the case.

As it stands, he is headed for City and it is almost 40% through.
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by Auxigen(m): 10:50pm On Aug 26, 2020
prodigyhenry:
The funny thing is that those people who hate Messi are now begging him to come to their team. Go on Twitter and see how man utd fans are screaming at Woodward to get him, even Chelsea fans and Madrid fans are begging him to consider him. No transfer has ever created this kinda buzz. Now who is truly the goat �. We all know who the goat is but sentiments no let us gree
I like this��
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by dotedote: 11:08pm On Aug 26, 2020
Greatgreatest:

Oga when Ronaldo handed a transfer request, Zidane retired

Answer his question.
This is an open protest with placards. Did Zidane tell you it was because of Ronaldo ? E probably called you the night b4. Yeye.
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by Auxigen(m): 11:38pm On Aug 26, 2020
maiiilooo:

You're a monkey from Mozambique...
Nonsense
grin grin grin
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by Auxigen(m): 12:17am On Aug 27, 2020
fykes:

D way Norwich and Brighton players will be diving at his leg, na injury holiday he come do for man city so
grin grin grin
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by Greatgreatest(m): 8:17am On Aug 27, 2020
dotedote:

Answer his question.
This is an open protest with placards. Did Zidane tell you it was because of Ronaldo ? E probably called you the night b4. Yeye.

Oga it was in protest of Ronaldo.
Re: Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell by Pantoo: 5:25am On Aug 28, 2020
Barcelona Fans React To Transfer Request - 'Messi May Go To Manchester City Or PSG'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaItMiy4a_8

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A PSG Fan Shattered His Television After PSG 1 - 3 Man Utd Loss (Photos) / Sergio Aguero Crashes Range Rover While Driving To Training / Mikel Obi's Twins With Baby Mama (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.