Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,446 members, 7,846,852 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:03 AM

Jesus Christ Is The God Of Abraham - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Is The God Of Abraham (103 Views)

Was Mohamed A Descendant Of Abraham? / The Religion Of Abraham / Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Is The God Of Abraham by bingbagbo(m): 8:51am On Aug 26, 2020
John 8:56-59

[56]Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”

[57]Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”

[58]Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

[59]Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Jesus said Abraham saw HIm; but when was that?

Answer is in Genesis 18

The Lord with two angels appeared to Abraham.

Genesis 18:1-3,13-14,16-19,22,33

[1]Then[b] the Lord appeared to him[/b] by the terebinth trees of Mamre, as he was sitting in the tent door in the heat of the day.
[2]So he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing by him; and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the ground,
[3]and said, “My Lord, if I have now found favor in Your sight, do not pass on by Your servant.
[13]And the Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh, saying, ‘Shall I surely bear a child, since I am old?’
[14]Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.”
[16]Then the men rose from there and looked toward Sodom, and Abraham went with them to send them on the way.
[17]And the Lord said, “Shall I hide from Abraham what I am doing,
[18]since Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?
[19]For I have known him, in order that he may command his children and his household after him, that they keep the way of the Lord, to do righteousness and justice, that the Lord may bring to Abraham what He has spoken to him.”
[22]Then the men turned away from there and went toward Sodom, but Abraham still stood before the Lord.

[33]So the Lord went His way as soon as He had finished speaking with Abraham; and Abraham returned to his place.

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:friday , August 28, 2020 / Association Influences Your Life - Dominion City Mandate Daily Devotional Friday / Come And See What Jesus Is Doing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.