Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,818 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More (58772 Views)

What You Must Know About The New Electricity Tariff Hike / Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 / The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by Orubebe01: 5:43pm On Aug 26, 2020
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by moh1(m): 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2020
the problem is enforcement. in this country anything that is in favour of the common masses will never see the day light because it is in the poor people hands they makes there money from. in this country when ur are rich u pay less but when u are poor u pay more.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by Pearly255(f): 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2020
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by Anaerobi(m): 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2020
Nepa tariff I just too much. the flat rate is just much..... I just pray this work.
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by MiaBeer(m): 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2020
shocked
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by farem: 5:45pm On Aug 26, 2020
SmartProf:

What if the Ikoyi boy also has a house in Mushin? So his Mushin house electricity bills, despite being a castle will be charged low?

So who are those in mushin using ikoyi boy's house there? The rich?
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by Pearly255(f): 5:46pm On Aug 26, 2020
Hndrrxxx:
Nice move cool cool

Buhari for 2023 then cheesy

For where
Who dash monkey banana �
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by contigiency(m): 5:47pm On Aug 26, 2020
Buhari is always anxious and eager to do those things which will benefit the common man on the street. And not just for the rich as we had it during the wasted 16years of PDP.
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by mamaafrik(m): 5:47pm On Aug 26, 2020
How do one determine the R2 from R3 on a prepaid meter??
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by DamnNiggar: 5:48pm On Aug 26, 2020
grin
how far?? cheesy
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by Omooba77: 5:49pm On Aug 26, 2020
Islie:

THE CABLE

They only delayed their wicked acts from March, now by Sept new tarriff......
Anyway they know we are DOCILE people.....
Many people are now jobless, income decreased, yet this wicked increament.....
Hope all the kids who see Buhari as the next best things are learning.....

Very soon your slippers will be taxed...
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by ajimotoke(m): 5:49pm On Aug 26, 2020
This Government has no good intention for the masses just to extract from them.

Make we laugh small

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2z5Jz3IU-U

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by mamaafrik(m): 5:49pm On Aug 26, 2020
They should sell the meter like phones through accredited sellers ,then you call nepa staff for connection and installation,pay them and we are good to go,if this is done,power situation will improve drastically.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by OlujobaSamuel: 5:49pm On Aug 26, 2020
Nice one, our president that knows no where outside his village, home and aso rock just classified rich and poor based on geographical location in a policy document.
For those of us in Lagos, kindly note that no poor man dey Lagos, because I'm so sure this increase go affect everyone, those in rural areas of Lagos sef go pay more, as Ikoyi light on prepaid go better pass Ajegunle on assumption billing.
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by fineboynl(m): 5:50pm On Aug 26, 2020
all na wash. the new prepared meter can scam
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by Babysheart(f): 5:50pm On Aug 26, 2020
Why is it that the World Bank is always bringing up conditions that will further impoverish the common man? Yet they say the are combating poverty.
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by CheGuevara101(m): 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2020
Nigerians are too gullible. They are just deceiving us with this rubbish " The rich will pay higher than the poor".

Nigerians should be concerned with the astronomical increase in electricity bill without a commensurate increase in wage and electricity.

For the Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) customers, the R3 category paying N26.50 per unit will now pay N36.49 per unit and later N58.

This "Next Level" is absolutely one chance.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by peggywebbs(f): 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2020
Everything na double double..na double double.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by ican2020: 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2020
baliyubla:
Even as a strong critic of the dullard, will commend him on this, if it’s fully enforced. There was just no sense in expecting an Ikoyi boy to pay same tariffs with a Mushin boy.

Will further advise that luxury items should also be tasked heavily.
Paying heavily for incompetent, Abi
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by itoba4real(m): 5:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
Thank u baba! all these thieves living in asokoro.maitama.wuseetc.paying same tarriff with me living in getto lugbe.
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
chily11:
Thanks Baba... I know people will still be calm because it's "Rich Nigerians" forgetting that it'll still affect them.

The hardship brought upon Nigerians are sponsored by Nigerians - Chily 2020

The picture is a clear illustration on how to be a simp. I dey find the woman when go dey my life come dey misbehave and dey expect me to say sorry.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by don4real18(m): 5:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
It's better to get solar inverters installed instead of being ripped off by the FG
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by simpleseyi: 5:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
SmartProf:
From the post, the basis for classification appears to be based on residential areas being categorised as rich or poor smiley. Meanwhile in some cases, rich people build or live amongst people in poor residential areas and vice versa.

Like FFK moving to live in Mushin where he actually belongs
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by surgical: 5:57pm On Aug 26, 2020
GamalNasser:

Why will you commend this when the earning power of Nigerians is at its lowest ever ..

The issue between the rich areas and the poor areas shouldn't even come up because Naturally the rich spend more on Electricity because the naturally consume far more per hour than the poor can even consume in week and so this makes up for any disparity ... We should be careful about making succeess look like evil and stop all this pitching the poor against the rich because of politics ...can the poor pay the amount tax the rich pays ? Can the poor contribute to society like the rich does ?

And lets not forget most Nigerians highbrow areas are also filled with average and poor people .... Besides what criteria is even used to Judge this ... the only factor that should be used is metering and it's already done ..those with 3 phase meters pay more for both the meter and electricity than those with single phase
well said my brother,it is this mentality that made people bring this incompetent regime which has now pauperized the people

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by lekbel09(m): 5:58pm On Aug 26, 2020
Am tired of this country
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by CheGuevara101(m): 5:59pm On Aug 26, 2020
Baybii:
I really hope this will have a good impact on the amount of hours we have electricity. I'm very very tired of sleeping in darkness, of doing anything in darkness in this country.

Alice in wonderland! Believe Buhari and this Government at your peril.

Which impact on the amount of electricity hours?

Is that the underlying issue bedevilling power shortages in Nigeria?

We will never learn. Govt is deceiving you people with grammar and my people are perishing for lack of knowledge.

Shioor......
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by prophetfire: 6:01pm On Aug 26, 2020
Buhari and loans. The reason why the dullard is increasing tarrif is to enable him secure a 1.5 billion dollars world Bank loan for the power sector. Nigeria is being run by the money lenders. Buhari and his Minister's brains are empty. They know only to borrow money but aren't innovative to create wealth.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by IYANGBALI: 6:01pm On Aug 26, 2020
Seun, lalasticlala and mynd44 are you people pour or reach? I want to know why to classify uou
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by Jabioro: 6:01pm On Aug 26, 2020
The confusion flags has been raised ..the new increase will not affect the poor consumers area..Let them indicate the poor zone,the tariff will review quarterly "we don entered voicemail categories" the meter importation has got the best waive..the next is to import it now and hold it then sell at exorbitant when the waiver ended..With all this can we have 24/7 power.. putting the cart before the horse is usually character...The presidency messed up big times...it won't work..meter first or .. else
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by chily11: 6:02pm On Aug 26, 2020
michaelpop50:

The picture is a clear illustration on how to be a simp. I dey find the woman when go dey my life come dey misbehave and dey expect me to say sorry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari / Peter Obi Shouldn't Be In The Midst Of Massive Crowd Like This - Photos / Lagos Driver Stabs LASTMA Official, Slits His Throat (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.