Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,811 members, 7,813,670 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism (1232 Views)

FG Losses N1bn To 37,395 Fresh Ghost Workers - Magu / Document Showing That Dasuki Transferred N1bn To Dokpesi & Dalhatu Invt. Ltd(pic / Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 19, 2011
The Ekiti State Policy Development Committee set up by Ekitipanupo, a think-thank of professionals, has canvassed for N1bn to develop tourism in the "Fountain of Knowledge."

According to the committee, there is a need to float a recurrent tourism funds pool to be known as Ekiti State Tourism Development Fund to finance the development of tourism projects in the 16 local government areas of the state.

The committee said there was a need to invest that much in the tourism sector in Ekiti to turn the state into a world-class tourist destination and generate foreign exchange into the coffers of the state to make it less dependent on allocations from the Federation Account.

In a report submitted to Governor Kayode Fayemi by the committee, a copy of which was made available to journalists on Thursday, the Ekiti professionals also recommended the restructuring of the state Tourism Board.

The committee recommended that a total sum of between N500m and N1bn was expected to accrue to the fund annually from the state government, local government councils, banks and financial institutions, multinationals and other companies.

Others expected to contribute to the fund are the Education Trust Fund, government contractors and consultants, foreign and local donor agencies, individuals and others sources.

The committee recommended, a restructuring of the State Tourism Board recommending the establishment of the Ekiti Tourism Development Corporation to reflect the new economic approach of government with the body to operate as a full autonomous agency of government.

The committee called on the state government to create the necessary enabling environment to attract large inflow of foreign and local tourism investors.

The panel report described Ekiti as easily accessible from about six states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory in addition to the availability of an airport less than 40 minutes away from the state capital.

It also recommended that government should not invest more than 30 per cent equity in any joint venture project, noting that the major investor would have paid all necessary cost of land and infrastructure.

The report urged government to grant incentives to tourism investors, including the guarantee of investment loans, tax relief to investors, joint ventures with investors and the grant of land to tourism practitioners at concessionary rates.

The committee also identified agriculture as a catalyst to stimulate the industrial development of Ekiti State, saying there was an urgent need for policy intervention to boost the industrial base of the state.

The harnessing of the state agricultural and mineral resources, it added, would generate employment for the people of the state, urging government to address the problems of poor road network and non-availability of industrial layout.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/feb/18/810.html
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 19, 2011
Beautiful idea, but I believe this is a true example of the adage "putting the cart before the horse".

Have they fixed our roads? Have they build multiple roads that can connect the multiple cities/ villages in Ekiti state? That should be our number one concern. Quick communication yields faster business.

Who cares about tourism right now? Fayemi, what is our priority, hmm?
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by coolgb(m): 8:07am On Feb 19, 2011
interestingly it really looks good on papers but implementation,foul.
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 19, 2011
coolgb:

interestingly it really looks good on papers but implementation,foul.

Why do you say that? Or why do you think so?
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by jensinmi(m): 8:18am On Feb 19, 2011
N1billion for Tourism ko, $1 billion for Tourism ni.

Do they think they are talking to Fashola??

Look Gov. Fayemi doesn't care about that one at all. Now that he is finally in the Goverment House. He has to begin paying "taxes" to our Taskmaster in Lagos State. "Olori Oko fe je mbe"

Fayemi is starting to show Ekiti people what he is really made of. They have started sharing the allocation.

No problem sha. Plus PDP, plus ACN. God will deal with all of them.
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by coolgb(m): 8:21am On Feb 19, 2011
d past will be d key to d present
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 19, 2011
jensinmi:

N1billion for Tourism ko, $1 billion for Tourism ni.

Do they think they are talking to Fashola??

Look Gov. Fayemi doesn't care about that one at all. Now that he is finally in the Goverment House. He has to begin paying "taxes" to our Taskmaster in Lagos State. "Olori Oko fe je mbe"

Fayemi is starting to show Ekiti people what he is really made of. They have started sharing the allocation.

No problem sha. Plus PDP, plus ACN. God will deal with all of them.

Amen o! grin

lol are you an anti-fayemi?
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by coolgb(m): 8:49am On Feb 19, 2011
idi ileke hav u been to ekiti recently u go pity d pple,i wud rather join d al-qda dan passing thru dat ijan road again
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 19, 2011
coolgb:

idi ileke hav u been to ekiti recently u go pity d pple,i wud rather join d al-qda dan passing thru dat ijan road again
Define recent? and why should they be pitied?
I've been home recently and my experience is def not familiar with yours. ok!
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by jensinmi(m): 12:23pm On Feb 19, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Amen o! grin

lol are you an anti-fayemi?

I've been part of the Pro-Fayemi crowd for the past 3 years. Shouting their praises up and down. Now they have gained power, and have all started "acting a fool."

Fayemi almost single-handedly chose the candidates to represent Ekiti in the upcoming elections. He even told the ACN delegates of Ijero that if they don't support his chosen candidate, they will see no dividends of democracy during his governorship. Will a good leader say things like that.

100 days into his office and I've completely given up hope on Fayemi. I know one thing for sure - FAYEMI IS NO FASHOLA.
Fayemi will fail, and the PDP will have the last laugh. And Ekiti people will have no choice but to run to the People Destroying People party for relief.

I'm tired just thinking about it jor. Maybe I should go sleep.
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 20, 2011
jensinmi:

I've been part of the Pro-Fayemi crowd for the past 3 years. Shouting their praises up and down. Now they have gained power, and have all started "acting a fool."

Fayemi almost single-handedly chose the candidates to represent Ekiti in the upcoming elections. He even told the ACN delegates of Ijero that if they don't support his chosen candidate, they will see no dividends of democracy during his governorship. Will a good leader say things like that.

100 days into his office and I've completely given up hope on Fayemi. I know one thing for sure - FAYEMI IS NO FASHOLA.
Fayemi will fail, and the PDP will have the last laugh. And Ekiti people will have no choice but to run to the People Destroying People party for relief.

I'm tired just thinking about it jor. Maybe I should go sleep.

awww eya, it will better my bro smiley

Fayemi uttered those words? undecided So how is he any diff from Oni ?
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by Kobojunkie: 10:31pm On Feb 20, 2011
Why Tourism? Why not, say, 1 billion for Agriculture? Or 1 billion for Education? It seems Tourism is the silver idea every other state government comes up with these days.
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 20, 2011
^^^ My sentiments exactly. I'd be really happy if it was 1bn on road development. It's really excruciating, try traveling on that road. Infact, I believe there's only one interstate that connects one town to another.
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by ekubear1: 2:07pm On Feb 21, 2011
These people need to face the problems of Ekiti and stop delusional dreams.

Pick one area where you have comparative advantage, thoroughly dominate it. Anything else is useless.
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by PhysicsHD: 2:08am On Feb 22, 2011
What are the tourist attractions in Ekiti state?

Somebody tell me.
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by Nobody: 2:11am On Feb 22, 2011
PhysicsHD:

Somebody tell me.

Are you serious? shocked Oh no he didnt!

There's a lot. . . . it might not me westernized, but the state is very luscious in my opinion.

One of our fave attraction is that river (forgot its name). . . . cold on one side, warm on the other.
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by ekubear1: 2:13am On Feb 22, 2011
^-- Ikogosi warm spring is all I know about off the top of my head.

That, and copious amounts of marijuana. . .
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by PhysicsMHD(m): 2:28am On Feb 22, 2011
lol, I just asked a question.

What about that Ogedengbe guy?  (Ekiti parapo liberation army) Any monuments to him? museums? etc.

But if there is only a spring or river as a tourist attraction, perhaps the focus on tourism is misguided.
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by fstranger3(m): 2:36am On Feb 22, 2011
^^^

Ogedengbe is from my home state, Osun.

PhysicsMSTP, pleas dont make that mistake again

Most Ekitis are rascals, just like Aigbofa and Ileke tongue. Ogedengbe couldnt have come from such a rascally group of people
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by Nobody: 2:38am On Feb 22, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^

Ogedengbe is from Ogbomosho

Most Ekitis are rascals, just like Aigbofa and Ileke tongue. Ogedengbe couldnt have come from such a rascally group of people

Ogedengbe is from Ilesha, I think.

P.S We are not rascals
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by fstranger3(m): 2:40am On Feb 22, 2011
Aigbofa:

I know that!

I know my history grin
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by PhysicsHD: 2:40am On Feb 22, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^

Ogedengbe is from my home state, Osun.

rofl
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by PhysicsHD: 2:41am On Feb 22, 2011
Aigbofa:

P.S We are not rascals

I see.

Well, what are the tourist attractions in Ekiti, since that's out of the picture?
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by ekubear1: 2:43am On Feb 22, 2011
Ogedengbe is an Ileshaman, yes. It is Fabunmi who is popular amongst Ekiti.

Though Western Ekiti borders Ileshaland, and many of the towns there are primarily of mixed Osun/Ekiti origin. After the war, Fabunmi became a king in Osun rather than in his hometown in Ekiti, iirc.
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by fstranger3(m): 2:44am On Feb 22, 2011
^^^

Another Ekiti Yoruba rascal grin
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by Onlytruth(m): 2:45am On Feb 22, 2011
PhysicsHD:

Somebody tell me.

Have you ever seen a mountain of cow $h!t?
If not, head to Okiti.  cool I ain't going though. Can't stand the stench.
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by asha80(m): 2:45am On Feb 22, 2011
until states are 'forced' to generate their own revenue the seriousness of states carving their own niche will be a mirage
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by Nobody: 2:48am On Feb 22, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^

LOL grin grin grin grin

You can't be serious.

PhysicsHD:

I see.

Well, what are the tourist attractions in Ekiti, since that's out of the picture?

Well, too bad you don't like rock climbing. Some people live for it you know.
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by ekubear1: 2:49am On Feb 22, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^

grin grin grin

Rascals and troublemakers all. . .but damn proud of it.

asha 80:

until states are 'forced' to generate their own revenue the seriousness of states carving their own niche will be a mirage
Might be true. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Onlytruth:

Lol. Comparing the smell of Ekiti to that of any part of Igboland is a losing proposition for you  grin
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by Kilode1: 2:51am On Feb 22, 2011
I travelled by and saw those rolling green Efon Alaaye hills recently. Beautiful countryside I tell you! Especially those misty hills before the Esa oke junction. I'll camp on those hills if they can get a good resort up there. Four season kinda look cool

But Folks are right, they need good roads, water and electricity first.
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by aljharem(m): 2:53am On Feb 22, 2011
Onlytruth:

at least they can go to lagos and become the governor and live like indigene

can you or your family

they can go to abuja and most part of the north,.,. can you do the same

can your family do the same grin grin grin

certainly not,.,., grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Professionals Shop For N1bn To Develop Tourism by Nobody: 2:53am On Feb 22, 2011
Kilode?!:

I travelled by and saw those rolling green Efon Alaaye hills recently. Beautiful countryside I tell you! Especially those misty hills before the Esa oke junction. I'll camp on those hills if they can get a good resort up there. Four season kinda look cool

But Folks are right, they need good roads, water and electricity first.

You are absolutely right.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gej And Buhari, Who Will Favor Ndi Igbo More? / What Is T.a Orji Doing? / IKOSI ISHERI LCDA COLLECTED 20,000 NAIRA FOR RADIO AND TV PERMIT FOR A 12X12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.