Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. (49453 Views)

Best WAEC Students Get N200k Yearly Scholarship From Lagos Government (Photo) / 17 Year Old 2019 Best WAEC Student, Chisom Buried Amid Tears (watch Video) / See The Boy With The Best WAEC Result So Far. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by anonimi: 2:06pm On Aug 27, 2020
femi4:
People like that struggle in higher institutions

Do they also struggle in our politics

2 Likes

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Sirmwill: 2:06pm On Aug 27, 2020
Firstly,I feel bad for the fact that your write up will do nothing to solve the problem
It will only join the long list of forgotten and powerless "wailing" that has been
But Look on the bright side.The devil looks for all these little nefariousness to take control of some certain stages of one's life which even God will not stop it as the person involved knows its wrong
That's why for some its when they begin to look for jobs that the devil strikes
Some,its when they are about to be promoted in their place of work
Some people think they can do this things and go Scot free...lol..The devil uses this things in the nearest or latter future to take control over crucial stages of ones life
For the most scary few,its going to be on the day of judgement.This "little" sins will be dug out and they will cause eternal loss.
"All unrighteousness is a sin"
If the devil gives you something,he has control over that thing and every thing you use it for
Another scary aspect is that unrighteousness is only forgiven with restitution which will be very very difficult later
So,for me,I don't pray for the downfall of those kind of people...neither do i pray for their good...
At least,I am happy I did mine completely by myself and i did very okay

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 27, 2020
vykdevil:
i rremember i read like you. from ss2 i made up my mind not to do malpractice. nd after the exam. while everyone that cheated had A's. i had C's an on E..
up till now i still regret why i ddnt join them in cheating
Eyah. Us our own was fvcked up by one useless deeper life shit.
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by JABAIDO(m): 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
Muna4real:

The teacher was writing personally for those who couldn't come to the school to write. He would take answer booklets, ask other teachers for the answers to the ones he doesn't know (all teachers were working together), write for them and submit. I wasn't scared because I was confident in what I wrote and in fact, the exams were simple for me . I only had difficulty in physics.

When will malpractice stop in Nigeria? When will our youths begin to see that malpractice damages the society. These days, there are half baked graduated everywhere. Why? Why can't they just put enough hard work if they want to pass exams? Why?

I also wrote WAEC exam in 2017 and funnily enough, I also had some hurdles with my Physics exam. It wasn't only me,but all of us in my school. Some were even saying the exam board changed the questions cos the rate at which it leaked was high...

Concerning malpractice, it's really pathetic but there are still a few schools that frown at it. My secondary school is an example. If one is talking in the exam hall, it's the school teacher that will chastise you to the awareness of the external supervisor....
During exams, they do search our bags at times to check for phones..

3 Likes

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by anonimi: 2:08pm On Aug 27, 2020
Muna4real:
Nigeria is really finished then.

Our country is not finished.
What you mean to say is that we have finished our own country.
Let us speak with a voice of responsibility.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Bbbwings: 2:09pm On Aug 27, 2020
emkz:
I wish WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and JAMB would hire undercover candidates to sit their exams. These candidates should be equipped with spy cameras and sit in all centers to give reports. All the exams I wrote pre-uni were fraught with fraud.

On the day of GCE Economics, the supervisor collected 50 naira from ALL candidates so we could cheat. I paid so as not to be seen as the bad egg. I didn't cheat because I couldn't do it. The next day, it was Biology. They again started collecting 50 naira. I told them I won't pay. The supervisor said I have to so I could cheat. I said I had no intention of cheating, as I'd rather fail. They left me alone and didn't ask again.

In JAMB, it was the same story. During WASSCE, the teachers solved mathematics and distributed the answers to the students. I was told to use them. I refused and one of the teachers said he solved them himself, and I told him I didn't believe them even though I hadn't seen them. The issue is that these teachers fail to realize that the person doing the marking can easily detect if there was mass cheating. Imagine there was a mistake by the teacher and everyone who copied the answer made the same mistake.

We need to revamp the way we conduct our examinations to reduce cheating.
Is cheating now possible with jamb shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Jabioro: 2:10pm On Aug 27, 2020
Muna4real:
Chai! He was selling fuel while we were writing exams. How will Nigeria's educational system be in the next 5 years?
Those are the one to decided how the Nation education will be..Errhmmm Adamu their forefathers are still in Vogue
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by GboyegaD(m): 2:10pm On Aug 27, 2020
Aguemma:
I still can't believe that our principal who is a rev father had to flog some people because they couldn't pay for examination malpractice. Our country is really finished.

Tell me you mean the opposite of what you wrote, please. Does he officiate mass?
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by GboyegaD(m): 2:13pm On Aug 27, 2020
SegFault:

gringringrin. Sha, Good result without "connect" in this country is a waste. The guy sabi way Bros, see if you no like the system then hustle commot, Nigeria don cast. Nigeria self na free for all.

I have seen many good results without connect land great jobs. Work on yourself and leave the rest.

2 Likes

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Bukasint(f): 2:13pm On Aug 27, 2020
Muna4real:
Examination malpractice is becoming worse as the days go by especially and in fact, only in Nigeria. Students no longer read ahead for their exams. What they do, is to "gather " money for the exams. The rate of exam malpractice has risen to the extent that even parents are involved in this shameful act. Let me tell you my story.

I sat for my WAEC exams in 2017. I actually started preparing for my exams in ss2 ,because I knew that my parents will never ever pay for Expo, and so I had to respect myself and do my best. While the exam date was approaching, I discovered that most boys in my class were not coming to school frequently as they were . As the class monitor, I was always marking them absent in the school register. So one day I decided to ask them why they don't come to school as often, and they told me that they had to gather money for Expo . They said that they cannot kill themselves reading everyday when they can just pay to pass. I was half surprised because they were not doing well in class Afterall. I tried to make them drop the idea but it was a fruitless effort.

My principal later appointed a particular teacher to be the school's exam coordinator. This man Ehh, is the state's top run's man. He runs for waec, jamb, neco, post utme, in fact, he is a top runner( so he made us believe). As the exams were approaching, he started collecting money for Expo, and he collected based on the importance of the subject. Example

Maths -5000

English -5000

Chemistry -5000

Physics -5000

Biology 4000

Commerce -3000

Tie and die -1500,and so on.

Students were paying and since I couldn't pay, I was reading. I became as thin as a broom stick. The teacher was even registering people who will not even write the exams. Those ones payed about 60000 . They couldn't write because they were working. I got to know all about this because this teacher will tell us to our faces to bring our loved ones who are willing to pay.

When the exams came, the first subject we wrote was maths. My people, come and see runs. I haven't seen any like it in my entire life. Those who payed were sitting at the back while we were sitting at the front. Sometimes the invigilator will taunt us and laugh at us because we refused to pay. What surprised me more was the amount the invigilator collected. My people, he requested for 350000. My class was large and in fact, another school was joining us, so we were up to 300. Our "Expo teacher " payed the money and added a slaughtered fowl which he asked me to buy (as the prefect of the class). I didn't know that I was buying fowl for an Expo invigilator ohh. He just said that I should buy fowl and I bought.

Through out the days we wrote the exams, the invigilators were payed. The teacher was writing personally for those who couldn't come to the school to write. He would take answer booklets, ask other teachers for the answers to the ones he doesn't know (all teachers were working together), write for them and submit. I wasn't scared because I was confident in what I wrote and in fact, the exams were simple for me . I only had difficulty in physics.

My people when the results were out, I passed ohh but guess who was the best student. The best student of my school 2017/1018 session was a pump attendant at one filling station in sapele who didn't even know the address of my school. He was one of those students my teacher was writing for. Chai. Ahh this life no balance.

When will malpractice stop in Nigeria? When will our youths begin to see that malpractice damages the society. These days, there are half baked graduated everywhere. Why? Why can't they just put enough hard work if they want to pass exams? Why?

With your command of English you actually wrote your Exam. I remember my time in WAEC and subject is Agricultural Science. I was only student who answered question on Dihybrid crossing after the teacher warned the whole class in exam hall not to answer the question because he didn't teach us that but I was taught in lesson academy.

I remember also in mathematics I was only one who did a pie chart and answered the questions that followed it...others paid heavily to pass but I didn't pay a dine.

Also in Jamb most of them went to Port Harcourt for special centre yet I did mine in local state and guess what I scored the highest and first person to pass post UME and became first female Dr in my set....

I guess people think they can't read and pass exams this days and when they graduate you wonder what certificate they have.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Lilcentt(f): 2:17pm On Aug 27, 2020
Vyzz:

In the next five years....

He might become the minister of education
Or minister of petroleum
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Fuckingmallam45(m): 2:17pm On Aug 27, 2020
GboyegaD:
Reasons why they don't trust us enough to rule. The destroyed our generations and are putting more efforts to destroy the unborn generations.
They wasn’t the one that destroyed your generation, you do.
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Person2person(m): 2:19pm On Aug 27, 2020
chai! technical education should be encouraged.
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Meteng: 2:19pm On Aug 27, 2020
Mustiboy:

Olodo, that's Alicia Keys on her profile.
Mumu. So Alicia Keys is not beautiful
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by slam7000(m): 2:20pm On Aug 27, 2020
Vyzz:

In the next five years....

He might become the minister of education

Why ‘minister of education’? He should be the minister of petroleum. He has got some experience selling petrol and engine oil.

How many past petroleum ministers can tell the difference between petrol and diesel?

Don’t insult that boy.

1 Like

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by AreaFada2: 2:21pm On Aug 27, 2020
epigramdigital:

Sweetheart, I'm not a novice but i weak for this one.
My dear it shouldn't have surprised you. It is no different from university sorting or sex for grade.

There are even special exam centres for all kinds of national exam.

You see city kids leave their city schools to enrol in village schools for WAEC. Because they (students, invigilators, ghost exam writers, hired writers, school teachers, etc) can do whatever they want during exam in those schools.

You can buy FG and state government jobs and just about anything in Nigeria if you have the money.

And we are all worse for it.

1 Like

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by executive12: 2:22pm On Aug 27, 2020
IvarTheBoneless:
This OP is from the South East and lives there.

So no surprise. Na miracle centres full there.

Really? Is that why people from the South East are generally more prosperous than people from your section of the country?
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by femi4: 2:22pm On Aug 27, 2020
anonimi:

Do they also struggle in our politics
That's where they validate their corrupt practice not in any noble profession
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by kainonia86(m): 2:22pm On Aug 27, 2020
edoairways:
lalasticlala please move this to front page. This menace has to stop.

Dear, who will stop it when corruption rules our Nation?
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by GboyegaD(m): 2:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
Fuckingmallam45:

They wasn’t the one that destroyed your generation, you do.

You think children and the educational system will have the guts to cheat without their parents backing? Oga, take your time to think through my post again.
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by toprealman: 2:25pm On Aug 27, 2020
Muna4real:
Examination malpractice is becoming worse as the days go by especially and in fact, only in Nigeria. Students no longer read ahead for their exams. What they do, is to "gather " money for the exams. The rate of exam malpractice has risen to the extent that even parents are involved in this shameful act. Let me tell you my story.

I sat for my WAEC exams in 2017. I actually started preparing for my exams in ss2 ,because I knew that my parents will never ever pay for Expo, and so I had to respect myself and do my best. While the exam date was approaching, I discovered that most boys in my class were not coming to school frequently as they were . As the class monitor, I was always marking them absent in the school register. So one day I decided to ask them why they don't come to school as often, and they told me that they had to gather money for Expo . They said that they cannot kill themselves reading everyday when they can just pay to pass. I was half surprised because they were not doing well in class Afterall. I tried to make them drop the idea but it was a fruitless effort.

My principal later appointed a particular teacher to be the school's exam coordinator. This man Ehh, is the state's top run's man. He runs for waec, jamb, neco, post utme, in fact, he is a top runner( so he made us believe). As the exams were approaching, he started collecting money for Expo, and he collected based on the importance of the subject. Example

Maths -5000

English -5000

Chemistry -5000

Physics -5000

Biology 4000

Commerce -3000

Tie and die -1500,and so on.

Students were paying and since I couldn't pay, I was reading. I became as thin as a broom stick. The teacher was even registering people who will not even write the exams. Those ones payed about 60000 . They couldn't write because they were working. I got to know all about this because this teacher will tell us to our faces to bring our loved ones who are willing to pay.

When the exams came, the first subject we wrote was maths. My people, come and see runs. I haven't seen any like it in my entire life. Those who payed were sitting at the back while we were sitting at the front. Sometimes the invigilator will taunt us and laugh at us because we refused to pay. What surprised me more was the amount the invigilator collected. My people, he requested for 350000. My class was large and in fact, another school was joining us, so we were up to 300. Our "Expo teacher " payed the money and added a slaughtered fowl which he asked me to buy (as the prefect of the class). I didn't know that I was buying fowl for an Expo invigilator ohh. He just said that I should buy fowl and I bought.

Through out the days we wrote the exams, the invigilators were payed. The teacher was writing personally for those who couldn't come to the school to write. He would take answer booklets, ask other teachers for the answers to the ones he doesn't know (all teachers were working together), write for them and submit. I wasn't scared because I was confident in what I wrote and in fact, the exams were simple for me . I only had difficulty in physics.

My people when the results were out, I passed ohh but guess who was the best student. The best student of my school 2017/1018 session was a pump attendant at one filling station in sapele who didn't even know the address of my school. He was one of those students my teacher was writing for. Chai. Ahh this life no balance.

I like your innocence and brilliance too. I'm sure if you continue to work hard, you will come out with very good undergraduate result. Runs can never be ruled out anytime soon. Just do your thing and ignore unnecessary distraction and discouragement.

1 Like

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Poske95(m): 2:26pm On Aug 27, 2020
Speaking sarcastically, Naija na the Biggest fools paradise.
I postulated this over 20 years ago. Things ain't changed.
I believe it's speaking to us to devise new ingenious ways of developing human potential.
You have 1st classes from good institutions hustle for the same jobs with non school goers.
#the real change?
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by faithfull18(f): 2:27pm On Aug 27, 2020
Not new, next!
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by paschal47(m): 2:27pm On Aug 27, 2020
Muna4real:

grin cheesy

Is that you on your profile?
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Odunayomi247(m): 2:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
first, mathematics wasn't the first paper in 2017 ssce

now back to your topic,,,examination malpractice started a very long time ago and I don't think it's gonna stop anytime soon,,it's everywhere, primary schools,secondary schools, universities, everywhere,, how do you stop it all at once??

1 Like

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Yankee101: 2:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
Trust me, you did yourself a big favour by gaining that knowledge

It will help you write well in aptitude tests

2 Likes

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Poske95(m): 2:29pm On Aug 27, 2020
....when majority of the pool ain't got guts......
Na to dey vote for Big brother
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by edoairways: 2:30pm On Aug 27, 2020
kainonia86:

Dear, who will stop it when corruption rules our Nation?
We have to start from somewhere. This trend can not continue

1 Like

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by daddytime(m): 2:31pm On Aug 27, 2020
Even the culprits go still come here to join lament and condemn.

The country is in dire straits.
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Ogaonos: 2:32pm On Aug 27, 2020
Muna4real:
Chai! He was selling fuel while we were writing exams. How will Nigeria's educational system be in the next 5 years?
truth be said many pple use expo pass waec even most pple commenting here did it.u see DT Ur pump filling station attendent classmate if he goes to foreign schools abroad he will do better.i dnt blame exam malpractice Nd students they are nt d problem but the mode of school curriculum we have.wbich is grammar school curriculum which is heavily theory with no practical.u see d West their school have technical college curriculum.ask ursef what skills do u have as a o level student none.my advise eh is talk to Ur parents to put u in any training school in science or arts learn a skill before going to university is important.the solution to our educational system is to adopt technical college e or merge grammar sch curriculum with technical college curriculum.but our govt no go like am because is expensive Nd go expose governors effort to sch development.another approach is to introduce non profit school by bringing in non profit school abroad to establish Nd manage their schools with that we can improve our educational system.because no profit is made all Ur sch fees go into the school facilities, curriculum Nd staff.example a student can pay 80,000 Nd d school population is 4000 give u annual money of 320million all be use in d school facilities ,staff

1 Like

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by anonimi: 2:33pm On Aug 27, 2020
femi4:
That's where they validate their corrupt practice not in any noble profession

You should know that politics controls “any noble profession”.
Do you understand the full meaning of that

1 Like

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 27, 2020
HOW YOU SURE YOU ALSO DID NOT PAYED(PAID) FOR YOUR ENGLISH LANGUAGE?[b][/b]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Retrieve A Lost NECO Reg. Number / Pupils On Excursion In A Canoe Without Life Jackets (Photos) / 15 Words You Should Eliminate From Your Vocabulary To Sound Smarter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.