Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched (3372 Views)

3 Policemen Shot Dead At Abia Police Checkpoint (Disturbing Photos) / Anambra CP, Kuryas Visits Checkpoint Attacked By Hoodlums (Photos) / Police And IPOB Clash In Enugu, Two Dead (Disturbing Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by Whiteangel1234: 4:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
Yet to be identified gunmen has reportedly attacked a Police checkpoint at Owelle court, Awgu local government area of Enugu State.

The ugly incident which left a police office seriously injured JOURNALIST101 gathered, happened on Monday, August 24th, 2020 while the officers were on duty in the area.

Our reporter gathered that 2 AK-47 belonging to the officers were carted away by the hoodlums while one of them was greatly injured on the head.

An eyewitness further informed our reporter that the assailants that emerged from the bush sprayed a substance which obstructed the views of the police officers before carrying out the attack.

“What we saw today was like a movie scene, before we know what was happening, there was blood everywhere and the guns of the officers were taken from them. i don’t know the kind of substance they sprayed on them that made it hard for the officers to see. They used a machete to cut one of the officers.

There was a serious confusion in the area and we all scampered for safety as there was blood all over the place,” the witness who craved for anonymity said.

Efforts to contact the police for comments failed.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/journalist101.com/2020/08/25/just-in-police-checkpoint-attacked-in-enugu/%3famp

Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by helinues: 4:05pm On Aug 27, 2020
Hmmmm

And Igbos are staging a peaceful protest today?

Real Ipob members might have genuine intention of protest but they should also remember 1,

Miscreants will seize the opportunity just like this news

Second, consider other citizens you guys are infringing on their rights...

It's time to start seeing things from different angle

Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by goodnessme1(f): 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2020
The ZOO police were sleep but if is to shoot unarmed igbo youths holding a meeting,they will be gallant.

Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by Nwadiuto247: 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2020
Na wa o
Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by helinues: 4:10pm On Aug 27, 2020
goodnessme1:
The ZOO police were sleep but if is to shoot unarmed igbo youths holding a meeting,they will be gallant.

You always sit behind your keyboard to incite Ipob members..

Why are you like this now? Same you will be crying foul should security officers take action...

There are so enemy within Ndigbo

Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by MightySparrow: 4:12pm On Aug 27, 2020
Ipobulani!!!!

Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by saintjimos(m): 4:12pm On Aug 27, 2020
carelessness
Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by nkoe1: 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2020
are they police men where asleep
Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by Bkayyy: 4:25pm On Aug 27, 2020
Brace for it, nobody on Nairaland will say I've not been warning about this.
I've been basically shouting about this for a long time and some people here were calling me names. Nigeria retrace your steps, ego is what brings stupid nations down.
Dialogue with these people, war is not fun.
Though this might be fake news, the citizens should know that no African country can survive a second civil war or worse face militancy from two fronts. So it's better the two parties sit over this than behave like animals

Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by goodnessme1(f): 4:32pm On Aug 27, 2020
helinues:

You always sit behind your keyboard to incite Ipob members..

Why are you like this now? Same you will be crying foul should security officers take action...

There are so enemy within Ndigbo
When did you start caring about Igbos.

I don't have time for enemy of Igbos.

Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by heendrix(m): 4:32pm On Aug 27, 2020
Have Igbos now included Robbery to their Agitations

Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by Mgbadike80: 4:38pm On Aug 27, 2020
Whiteangel1234:
Yet to be identified gunmen has reportedly attacked a Police checkpoint at Owelle court, Awgu local government area of Enugu State.

The ugly incident which left a police office seriously injured JOURNALIST101 gathered, happened on Monday, August 24th, 2020 while the officers were on duty in the area.

Our reporter gathered that 2 AK-47 belonging to the officers were carted away by the hoodlums while one of them was greatly injured on the head.

An eyewitness further informed our reporter that the assailants that emerged from the bush sprayed a substance which obstructed the views of the police officers before carrying out the attack.

“What we saw today was like a movie scene, before we know what was happening, there was blood everywhere and the guns of the officers were taken from them. i don’t know the kind of substance they sprayed on them that made it hard for the officers to see. They used a machete to cut one of the officers.

There was a serious confusion in the area and we all scampered for safety as there was blood all over the place,” the witness who craved for anonymity said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/journalist101.com/2020/08/25/just-in-police-checkpoint-attacked-in-enugu/%3famp
misleading title, this incidence is not in Enugu town but a rural part of Enugu state,misleading body, the article said the attack was by unidentified gun men but later changed it to a matchet attack. How can a police check point be attacked and guns seized by matchet welders while the rest of the police team looks on? the story doesn't add up and the news is from an unknown blog rather than an official newsmedia .Clearly, IPOB is holding a massive protest today in Enugu town so the security forces wants to tag a false propaganda to them to tarnish their image. The same security forces have failed to arrest the Fulani herdsmen robbing and kidnapping travellers and farmers in the rural parts of Enugu state.

I'm surprised by the way Nigerians
would come online to support the
extra judicially killing of IPOB
members but would wail and
condemn the same action when it
happens elsewhere in the country,
the problem of Nigeria is not her
leaders but the people. Unfortunately,
i'm convinced that Nigeria would
never get better, only worse.Don't be
surprised that the policemen that
killed these unarmed youths are
indigenes of southern Kaduna or the
middle belt Christian.

NB the incidence was reported to have happened on Monday 24 whereas today is Thursday 27, how come no news media have reported it before now?

Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by Charmingrascal(m): 4:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
IPOB members will face many troubles in coming days.

Warn your brothers and Uncle that are IPOB members to stay low key.

I have said my own.

Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by Miracle1991: 4:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
The day they will collect a military man rifle, that day even their death grandparents will regret it. I don't know why this foolish police men allow ipob terrorist to disgrace them like this. From the record ipob has killed more than 50 policemen in the East . The day they will get their returning leg I hope they will not start calling UN,US,FIFA,AU,PDP, UEFA, OPC etc to come for their rescue.

Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by IamWonderful: 4:57pm On Aug 27, 2020
Imagine
Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by Mgbadike80: 5:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
Miracle1991:
The day they will collect a military man rifle, that day even their death grandparents will regret it. I don't know why this foolish police men allow ipob terrorist to disgrace them like this. From the record ipob has killed more than 50 policemen in the East . The day they will get their returning leg I hope they will not start calling UN,US,FIFA,AU,PDP, UEFA, OPC etc to come for their rescue.
You have already concluded that the attack was by IPOB members and started reeling out statistics without source on how many policemen killed. How much are you been paid to sell your soul online to the devil? i only feel pity for you because you are now soulless. NB: This thread wouldn't make FrontPage because the news is not from a verifiable source.

Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by Benmob: 5:06pm On Aug 27, 2020
Miracle1991:
I don't like ideology of ipob but frm ur comment u need to shut up dere, ipob hv killed more than 50 police which I know is a lie, hw many hv d police killed even d fulani herdsman, boko boy and bandits that hv kill thousand of nigeria police and soldiers, why are they not using d same anger they use to fight ipob to fight against Terrorists.

Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by illicit(m): 5:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
Kasala loading....
Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by Miracle1991: 5:10pm On Aug 27, 2020
Mgbadike80:
You have already concluded that the attack was by IPOB members and started reeling out statistics without source on how many policemen killed. How much are you been paid to sell your soul online to the devil? i only feel pity for you because you are now soulless. NB: This thread wouldn't make FrontPage because the news is not from a verifiable source.
do you have any other terrorist organization in Enugu apart from ipob? If the same scenario should happen in maduguri who will you accuse?
Hypocrite! You better advise those Igbos, because the day they will push the security men to the Wall they will know that kaki no be leather.
#ipobareterrorist

Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by Samfloxin(m): 5:12pm On Aug 27, 2020
Why are you guys mentioning IPOB? Did you read that IPOB carried out the operation or since when have IPOB changed their name to Unknown Gunmen? O dikwa egwu really.

Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by Mgbadike80: 5:18pm On Aug 27, 2020
Miracle1991:
do you have any other terrorist organization in Enugu apart from ipob? If the same scenario should happen in maduguri who will you accuse?
Hypocrite! You better advise those Igbos, because the day they will push the security men to the Wall they will know that kaki no be leather.
#ipobareterrorist
The only known terrorist organization in Enugu are the killer Fulani herdsmen robbing and kidnapping travellers and farmers in the rural parts of Enugu state. I won't respond to you again because you're just a soulless troll doing what you're paid to do.

Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by StreetFight: 5:25pm On Aug 27, 2020
goodnessme1:

And your parents are living in the ZOO. Only animals live in ZOOs. Does it mean your parents are . . . . . . .. . ?

Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by StreetFight: 5:26pm On Aug 27, 2020
heendrix:
Have Igbos now included Robbery to their Agitations

That is their generation inherited profession together with drug trafficking and baby factory,

Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by SlayerForever: 5:26pm On Aug 27, 2020
Let me say here and now that as Igbo people war should be the last thing on our minds at this time. It should be the last thing!
Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by hammer8: 5:33pm On Aug 27, 2020
ALL LIES.

LET THE ZOO MEDIA KEEP LIEING.

Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by Veqtor: 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2020
Mgbadike80:
The only known terrorist organization in Enugu are the killer Fulani herdsmen robbing and kidnapping travellers and farmers in the rural parts of Enugu state. I won't respond to you again because you're just a soulless troll doing what you're paid to do.

My dear...from experience, when I spot all these brain-washed trolls, I ignore them. It's just like enduring the sound of a generator. You don't like d noise...but you have to cope cause there's no constant light. You won't go nd start telling the gen to keep quiet, cos I mean... it's an object.

Same with them. We don't like it but we are trying to cope with their presence and their backward kind of reasoning, cause of ds forced integration called country.

Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by eagleu: 6:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
helinues:
Hmmmm

Real Ipob members might have genuine intention of protest but they should also remember 1,

You're quick to settle on IPOB as usual.
Criminal police men who mount illegal toll collecting road blocks without adding to the security of the people.
If you remove your tunnel vision for once, you can see that any group plying the road could have planned and executed this action.

Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by Uteghe(m): 6:09pm On Aug 27, 2020
Buhari is watching ipob mestasize into full scale terrorist org. Most disheartening is the fact that most of those killed by ipob are fellow igbos. Pmb must keep his love for Abia (where Kanu hails from) aside and deal with ipob menace decisively.
Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by Firespitter: 6:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
Lies from pit of hell. God punish one Nigerian fools

Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by macfish101(m): 6:12pm On Aug 27, 2020
You cannot fight an army you cannot see. Zoo must crumble
Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by MosheDayan: 6:22pm On Aug 27, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

Re: JUST IN: Police Checkpoint Attacked In Enugu ,Two Ak47 Rifle Snatched by MosheDayan: 6:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
helinues:
Hmmmm

Governor Sani Bello Says Government Will Ensure Its Investments Are Functional / Truckloads Of Hausa/fulani Seen Entering Kwara State Government's House ( Video) / JUST IN: Senate Unveils Tinubu’s Ministerial List Today

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52