Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? (34092 Views)

How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer / 11 Things To Know About Accessing Mortgage With Your RSA Account- New Guidelines / Lagos, Kaduna, 9 Others Begin Pension Remittance Into Workers’ Rsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by chris51(f): 7:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
Truthagent:
where can I get the death certificate from national population commission.

Death Certificate is given to the family by the doctor who certified him dead. Family members must have taken him to hospital and must have been liaising wit the hospital, before and after the death.

If you don't have it, it means you have not been acting on behalf of the family. Period.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by chris51(f): 7:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
chris51:

Death Certificate is given to the family by the doctor who certified him dead. Family members must have taken him to hospital and must have been liaising wit the hospital, before and after the death.

If you don't have it, it means you have not been acting on behalf of the family. Period.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Truthagent(m): 7:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
Dearlord:
Don't be lazy.

Go and work for your own money to avoid headache.

Looking for free money here and there.
I am a student, I have younger ones that are still in school, a sick mum. Do you expect me to start begging. When there is hope that something can be done to alleviate our situation

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Yankee101: 7:42pm On Aug 27, 2020
Truthagent:
my father na hard man ohhh, but no reason am like that. Thanks for the contribution

Your dad will almost likely have land/assets/unknown bank accounts outside as he is the quiet type. So check his phones, emails ask his best friend you can trust etc

Best of luck
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by beejay85: 7:42pm On Aug 27, 2020
Truthagent:
from their headquarter right
Just place a call through to the customer care line of the pfa.....they ll guide u ...tell you necessary documents to bring.....
Hope ur dad left a will....which include the next of kin to benefit it?
if not be prepared to get and use a lawyer who ll likely charge as much as 10% of ur claim...its a really long road...i pray God see you through..
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Glare247(m): 7:42pm On Aug 27, 2020
Truthagent:
Good evening great people of nairaland, I decided to table this issue here because I believe someone here must have an experience with this kind of situation.

I lost my dad recently, he is police man and he was in service for a long time . Just few years remaining until retirement, my dad was the kind of person that doesn't disclose much about his place of work, even to my mom. I was going through his phone today when I saw the RSA messages, I don't know anything about it. I am already making enquiries from other people, but any help from here will be much appreciated. The bank is stabic ibtc
Sory for ur loss bro,if u have access to his mail,u will definayely see mails he received from stanbic pension stating is RSA,never the less,if that's not possible,walk into any stanbic pension branch ,with the details u have ,they will help u,mind u ,d best person that can work things out is d next of kin,

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Offpoint: 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2020
Yankee101:
Go to the probate registrar in a court near you, with the documents listed above (death cert etc) to get you assigned as his next of kin, use this to:

1. Write his banks to turn over all his accounts to you
2. Write the RSA for his benefits
Include the letter from the probable registrar, your ID, any identifying documents like work ID etc for your father
3. The police too should have insurance/benefits for him etc

I shouldn't be saying this but it's naija, keep the process as quiet as possible from extended relatives (except your mum and siblings, you must carry them along) and even other police except those directly involved in processing benefits

You should get at least above 10 million naira minimum if they agree to pay everything (based on police salaries, insurance, length of service and possible savings and several months of salaries in his account)

Don't flex when it comes, especially if he was the major bread winner

Use 20% for you and your mother/siblings to meet your immediate need (accommodation if you guys are still renting) then fix 80% with at least 3 of you in the family as signatories (at least 2 to sign) and use the interest to meet family needs monthly. If you flex and he's the major bread winner then be ready for suffering, major suffering, down the road

Your father na police man, if i look their sins I no even suppose answer you. But who never sin b4?

Bro this stuff could take up 3 years...

My pop was a Police officer, died in service. Getting his pension wasn't funny.

He's gonna need to settle a lot of corrupt officers.
He'll need a lot of money to get that money.

Talking from experience
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Truthagent(m): 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2020
chris51:

I have the one from the hospital. But you mention another one from national population commission
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Yankee101: 7:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
Offpoint:

Talking from experience

Happens in the military too. It's unfortunate dog eats dog in naija service

But that of his bank accounts can be done in a month not years
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Truthagent(m): 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
UDUJ:

Yeah that makes sense.I believe he can get his RSA number from the text message sent from Stanbic IBTC Pensions. He needs to find out if the funds have been moved to the Police PFA first. It's stressful but he just needs to do it.
I have seen the messages from NPF pensions.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by UDUJ(m): 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
Offpoint:

Talking from experience

I believe you bro. I am just feeling pity for the dude because knowing our highly disorganized and corrupt police force, it's going to take him months to get those documents.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by joe120120(m): 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
Truthagent:
from their headquarter right

No from the state he was serving .
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by pek(m): 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
Baamm:
The question is “are you is his next of kin” ?? If you are then you can start by going to the pension office he is using
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by AlphaT1(m): 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2020
Baamm:
The question is “are you is next of kin” ?? If you are then you can start by going to the pension office he is using
Many Nigerians do not understand what next of kin means (legally). Next of kin is just someone to contact in case of (say) an emergency, it has nothing to do with inheritance. The guy said his father is dead, he doesn't have to be next of kin to claim his father's properties. If there is a WILL, next of kin (NOK) is meaningless, everything will be shared according to the Will. Where there is no will, the law recognizes the Spouse and the children as the heirs. If there is no spouse or children, then the parents can claim the inheritance. If no parents then siblings (blood sisters and brothers). All that is needed is just paper work to provide all the necessary documents. I was the next of kin but never went there even for one day, my mum and older bro. did all the waka; letter of administration, death certificate etc. The money was paid to my mum.

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Integrafamoo: 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
It has nothing to do with his bank. Go to the PFA office. They will tell you what is required. You can access his PIN from his phone through message logs.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by UDUJ(m): 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
Truthagent:
I have seen the messages from NPF pensions.

Good. One hurdle crossed (still many more), but at least now you know you are dealing with NPF Pensions and not Stanbic IBTC Pensions for his retirement savings account.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Ten06(m): 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
You said your father was a policeman, I think other police officers will be able to help you get more information on this issue
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Burgerlomo: 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
Sorry for your loss
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by pek(m): 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
Truthagent:
I have the one from the hospital. But you mention another one from national population commission
That's the most important. Easy to get and it is free. Go with the one from hospital. If there's police report, go with it too.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Offpoint: 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2020
Yankee101:

Happens in the military too. It's unfortunate dog eats dog in naija service

But that of his bank accounts can be done in a month not years
Police are some crazy set of people... I can disclose the amount of my pop money some of them in his office have cleared without our knowledge.

Contribution money
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Offpoint: 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2020
UDUJ:

I believe you bro. I am just feeling pity for the dude because knowing our highly disorganized and corrupt police force, it's going to take him months to get those documents.
They'll frustrate the life out him, process that shouldn't take a week, but because of selfish interests they'll prolong it just to be demanding for unnecessary money.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Dantedasz(m): 7:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
Truthagent:
thanks for this

That is the proper way to go about it. Going to the pension administrator without going through the police can not work because the contribution to the pension is a two way thing. Your father contributes from his salary while the Police as his employer will also contribute at the termination of his appointment. There is also the national housing fund to which I am sure your father was a contributor because a certain amount is withdrawn from the salary of all federal workers and added to the NHF monthly. If your father never took a loan from the Federal mortgage bank to build a house then his national housing fund contribution will be intact and it will form part of what will be remitted to the Police with their contributions to the pension fund administrator.
Like I said it is a LONG process but as I always advise everyone that comes to me in my organisation:IT IS YOUR RIGHT! FIGHT FOR IT! Even if it takes you two or three years.
Once again GOODLUCK!

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Yankee101: 7:56pm On Aug 27, 2020
Offpoint:

Police are some crazy set of people... I can disclose the amount of my pop money some of them in his office have cleared without our knowledge.

Contribution money

Yeah, so help him out, that's why i said there are assets they won't know

I don't know why naija men can't do joint accounts with their wives and tell them about their finances

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Akumoney(m): 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2020
Firstly, sorry 4 your loss. About the RSA, you would need documents from his office, pencom and also a letter of administration from the (probate) dept of the courts. It's well.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by ariefadenco: 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2020
Truthagent:
Good evening great people of nairaland, I decided to table this issue here because I believe someone here must have an experience with this kind of situation.

I lost my dad recently, he is police man and he was in service for a long time . Just few years remaining until retirement, my dad was the kind of person that doesn't disclose much about his place of work, even to my mom. I was going through his phone today when I saw the RSA messages, I don't know anything about it. I am already making enquiries from other people, but any help from here will be much appreciated. The bank is stabic ibtc

It is not a difficult thing to achieve if you know how to go about it. Contact me if you are in Abuja.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2020
Truthagent:

Visit this link. It is very detailed and comprehensive and contains scenarios where there is a will and where there is no will. Accept my deepest condolence too.

https://learnnigerianlaws.com/how-to-recover-property-of-the-dead/

1 Like

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Dearlord(m): 8:00pm On Aug 27, 2020
Truthagent:
I am a student, I have younger ones that are still in school, a sick mum. Do you expect me to start begging. When there is hope that something can be done to alleviate our situation

The system is corrupt back off ,

what you will realize from it if you succeeded won't go anywhere.

You must not be ashamed to ask for help if the need be.
I was once in one of your shoes, but I refused to wear it, as long there is air keep on making smokes.
I down my hat for the departed hero

1 Like

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Offpoint: 8:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
Yankee101:

Yeah, so help him out, that's why i said there are assets they won't know

I don't know why naija men can't do joint accounts with their wives and tell them about their finances
You can blame Nigeria men... Some women can turn from good to bad once you give them that privilege.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by abbasajao(m): 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
Nbotee:
First things first, U will need a letter of Administration... Go to the state high court where u are and apply for a letter of Administration. And U are going to b needing the following requirements;
Death certificate(National Population commission)
Death Certificate or Medical cause of death report from the hospital.
A letter from his office identifying U and ur mother as the Next of Kin

Will medical cause of the death surfice or is in addition to death certificate from NPC??
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Yankee101: 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
Offpoint:

You can blame Nigeria men... Some women can turn from good to bad once you give them that privilege.

After you have kids together it really makes sense to add her.

Ask any banker you know, there are dead people's accounts with money all over. But the bank won't/can't tell you cos they don't know the legal next of kin or for greed. And the family will be suffering

1 Like

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
Kingslaw:
Go to the last place he served to get 85 percent of the info you need and also go to his bank.
And please, don't make the mistake of closing his account too quickly.
Best advice so far

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria / I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss / Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.