Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,303 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? (34087 Views)

How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer / 11 Things To Know About Accessing Mortgage With Your RSA Account- New Guidelines / Lagos, Kaduna, 9 Others Begin Pension Remittance Into Workers’ Rsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Twizzy30(m): 12:12am On Aug 28, 2020
Nbotee:

Ok.. I'll b open to take any questions
Thank you.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 28, 2020
Leadway insurance... The best insurance company in Nigeria... With us ur kin get easy access to ur insurance
Contact a leadway manager for the best insurance programs 080 2094 6764
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Banky16(m): 12:23am On Aug 28, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]
Nbotee:
First things first, U will need a letter of Administration... Go to the state high court where u are and apply for a letter of Administration. And U are going to b needing the following requirements;
Death certificate(National Population commission)
Death Certificate or Medical cause of death report from the hospital.
A letter from his office identifying U and ur mother as the Next of Kin.
Note the court will require 2 ppl to b Administrators or executors of the letter of Administration issued. During the process the courts will issue U a bank certificate to his bankers (Remember to list all his account numbers and pension Administrator and Pin). The court will give u copies to b submitted to both his banks and his pension Administrators. U cannot begin any process until u get that letter of Administration.
Also note not to go to the pension office to submit any documents yet until U get the letter of Administration becos once U submit his death certificate and notify dem of his death, payments to his bank account will b stopped.(This is if U still have his atm or access to his bank account)

He will require both... Medical cause of death is also the death certificate from the hospital but banks and pension administrators would still require dat from the NPC becos it carries more weight.

Go to the General hospital close to u. They always have an NPC desk. Go with the death certificate from the hospital he died or beta jus in case. U know how naija works, U may have to part with some money... Also U will need to get urself and ur mum or the other next of kin a National Identity card if U do not have becos dat seems to b the official means of identification from both banks and pension managers these days.. Visit the IBTC pension office to collect a list of their requirements if possible but the most important at the moment is the letter of Administration. It could take U between 2 to 6months or more depending on how proactive the probate department in ur location is.. If U are in Abuja den U are in luck cos it took less than 3 months to get
You don't need letter of administration

1 Like

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by olumide4785(m): 1:06am On Aug 28, 2020
You need to get death certificate first as requirement to obtain Letter of Administration. Once you were able get this Letter of Administration, you can claim any of your late dad's property even his money in the bank accounts. You can see a lawyer too or chat me for more information
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by davyd8: 1:07am On Aug 28, 2020
Nbotee:

Jus follow the process I listed.. I lost my Dad in December 2018 though he was retired.. Started d process late last year and I've gotten his pension savings, bank balance and other investments

Good morning Bro, please I'm going through the same problem as you did.
I lost my Dad November 2018, he was retired, a former customs officer.
I'm a student and haven't been able to properly pursue this course, but due to the Coronavirus pandemic, things are hard and I'd like to explore the option of retrieving the Pension savings and other investments.
How do I go about it?

P.S
Me and my younger brother are both next of kins and he schools in the Philippines, what do you suggest?
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Kubernetes: 1:33am On Aug 28, 2020
1.Go to the police office to claim gratuity.
2.Get the death cert from the hospital.
3.Take to the court to enable them give you Letter of administration.
4.Take the letter to the bank to enable them to enable them get approval for the next of kin(you) who will collect any money in the account and the one that will come from your PFA and the police gratuity.
5.Go to his PFA with relevant docs to start the process so that the PFA will also get approval from their head office for eventual transfer into your Dad's account.
6..Be careful,money inherited is very volatile.Before you say hack Robinson,the money is finished.
8.Good luck.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by 18wheeler: 2:01am On Aug 28, 2020
Truthagent:
Good evening great people of nairaland, I decided to table this issue here because I believe someone here must have an experience with this kind of situation.

I lost my dad recently, he is police man and he was in service for a long time . Just few years remaining until retirement, my dad was the kind of person that doesn't disclose much about his place of work, even to my mom. I was going through his phone today when I saw the RSA messages, I don't know anything about it. I am already making enquiries from other people, but any help from here will be much appreciated. The bank is stabic ibtc
Get an LOA first and approach where the money lies. Bank, PFA, or his place of work. Get an LOA and I can guide you
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 28, 2020
Just hope he listed you as a beneficiary, we have a Lady whose husband died 3 years ago she is yet to get his pension despite tendering all documents, the PFA is saying that her surname is not correct, for someone married to the deceased for over 3 decades.

This just proves that our pension system is a FRAUD.

Contributions are accepted from all sources of income by any person, yet when it comes to paying beneficiary all manner of obstacles are erected to prevent collection.

You must be 55 years, can only get 25%.

Yet politicians get pensions fully for life without making any contributions.

Contributory pensions is one of the causes of wage freeze, because monies that would have been paid to workers as increases are funneled to PFAs too bad!
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by alloy123: 6:46am On Aug 28, 2020
Truthagent:
from their headquarter right
Any branch that is closer to you.Make sure you go there with death certificate along with your mama for fast response from the administrators..My sympathy.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by dejt4u(m): 7:07am On Aug 28, 2020
favor914:
Exactly, but not any state High Court, from the office of the Chief Judge of The State, Probate division in the state capital.
happy birthday dear
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Nbotee(m): 7:31am On Aug 28, 2020
mankan2k7:

This is how it is done follow it step by step. u will also need to do news paper publication of his death at an appropriate time

Newspaper publication is part of the process of obtaining the letter of administration

1 Like

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Nbotee(m): 7:36am On Aug 28, 2020
quentin06:
Just hope he listed you as a beneficiary, we have a Lady whose husband died 3 years ago she is yet to get his pension despite tendering all documents, the PFA is saying that her surname is not correct, for someone married to the deceased for over 3 decades.

This just proves that our pension system is a FRAUD.

Contributions are accepted from all sources of income by any person, yet when it comes to paying beneficiary all manner of obstacles are erected to prevent collection.

You must be 55 years, can only get 25%.

Yet politicians get pensions fully for life without making any contributions.

Contributory pensions is one of the causes of wage freeze, because monies that would have been paid to workers as increases are funneled to PFAs too bad!

It's possible there was an error in the spelling in her letter of the administration.. The Letter of Administration empowers the holder as the next of kin of the deceased over all the listed accounts and assets in the letter.. Some PFAs intentionally want to to frustrate ppl to discourage dem from getting their monies which is why some ppl jus contract lawyers to handle the process for them for a certain percentage. Otherwise it's a process anyone can undertake
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by armadeo(m): 7:47am On Aug 28, 2020
Epstein:
You want to claim your fathers pension?

How can that be possible?

The father is late. Who wants to now chop the pension if not his family?
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Nbotee(m): 7:51am On Aug 28, 2020
davyd8:

Good morning Bro, please I'm going through the same problem as you did.
I lost my Dad November 2018, he was retired, a former customs officer.
I'm a student and haven't been able to properly pursue this course, but due to the Coronavirus pandemic, things are hard and I'd like to explore the option of retrieving the Pension savings and other investments.
How do I go about it?

P.S
Me and my younger brother are both next of kins and he schools in the Philippines, what do you suggest?

If U both are the listed next of kins den U both will need to apply for the letter of Administration. He has to b present before the letter of Administration can b obtained.. Chat me up with d number on my signature
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Pinkybush: 8:18am On Aug 28, 2020
Bros the first thing is to know if ur dad started receiving pension. If he has started, go to stabic ibtc and stop them to transfer the funds to his personl acc. If he hasn't, just go to State High Court where u are residing for Letter Of Administration. From there they will tell u on what to bring and direct u on how to get them.

N/B: WHEN GOING TO COURT CARRY MONEY OOO. THEIR LANGUAGE IS MONEY.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by zikoson: 8:28am On Aug 28, 2020
Op, I wish you have the pension number then it could have been very easy for you to know the balance before going through other process. But in case you do. Then use your dad's phone number and dial the following. BAL - PENSION NUMBER. to 30388. You will receive your dad's pension ballance from inception.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Bahamas95(m): 9:42am On Aug 28, 2020
Epstein:
You want to claim your fathers pension?

No, OP suppose leave am for he village people make dem collect am.

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by mozele(m): 12:12pm On Aug 28, 2020
Nbotee:
First things first, U will need a letter of Administration...

Thanks for the insight!
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by mozele(m): 12:14pm On Aug 28, 2020
Bahamas95:
No, OP suppose leave am for he village people make dem collect am.

You sef dey answer ham.

If the money isn't claimed, the staffs would siphone and be munching on another man's sweat.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2020
Dear truthagent go to your father's PFA with the following: 1 letter of Notification of death by employer Stating date of birth, date of death, age, date of First Appointment, Grade level and step as at date of death 2. Copy of will or letter of Administration 3. Means of Identification of next of kin/ kins 4. Two Passport Photograph of deceased 5. Three recent Passport Photograph of next of kin/ Kins 6. Notification of death by next of kin/Kins 7. Letter of joint Consent- Applicable where there is more than one next of kin 8. Declaration of age of Deceased- this can be gotten from the employee record with the Employer 9. Death certificate 10. Bank account confirmation of Beneficiary or named administrator 11 pay slip of june 2004 and pay Slip at death 12. Letter of first Appointment of the Deceased 13. Letter of last promotion before Demise

1 Like

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 15, 2020
Yankee101:
Go to the probate registrar in a court near you, with the documents listed above (death cert etc) to get you assigned as his next of kin, use this to:

1. Write his banks to turn over all his accounts to you
2. Write the RSA for his benefits
Include the letter from the probate registrar, your ID, any identifying documents like work ID etc for your father
3. The police too should have insurance/benefits for him etc

I shouldn't be saying this but it's naija, keep the process as quiet as possible from extended relatives (except your mum and siblings, you must carry them along) and even other police except those directly involved in processing benefits

You should get at least above 10 million naira minimum if they agree to pay everything (based on police salaries, insurance, length of service and possible savings and several months of salaries in his account)

Don't flex when it comes, especially if he was the major bread winner

Use 20% for you and your mother/siblings to meet your immediate need (accommodation if you guys are still renting) then fix 80% with at least 3 of you in the family as signatories (at least 2 to sign) and use the interest to meet family needs monthly. If you flex and he's the major bread winner then be ready for suffering, major suffering, down the road

Your father na police man, if i look their sins I no even suppose answer you. But who never sin b4?

Believe
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by spongebob0006(f): 11:44am On Oct 07, 2020
Please how can I get NIPC death certificate in Ogun state? the deceased died 4 years ago in a hospital in Lagos but lived at Ogun state at the point of death. The NIPC person i met at Surulere said they dont do Ogun State. Please your reply will be appreciated. thank you.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by jman77(m): 6:47pm On Oct 27, 2020
spongebob0006:
Please how can I get NIPC death certificate in Ogun state? the deceased died 4 years ago in a hospital in Lagos but lived at Ogun state at the point of death. The NIPC person i met at Surulere said they dont do Ogun State. Please your reply will be appreciated. thank you.
go to any national population commission NPC to get death certificate, it's a federal agency and they treat all issues regarding birth and death certificate.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by boss960: 9:54pm On Jan 23, 2021
Great Nairalander
I to be enlightened ,I being processing my dad my dad survivor benefit from is PFA , Av summit all d naccessary document since September last year....av try to call PENCOM to knw wot batch his Benefit will be pay but wen I visit one of dere branch I was told dat Dey Av not receive my dad file from his PFA ....pls I need advice
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by boss960: 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2021
Pls,I need someone to explain more to me .like I being processing my dad death benefit since 2018 ,so I call pencom in 2020 and I was told we are placed on batch 100 but told i chat up d pfa and i was told####The application is currently being processed. Records show that it was documented 3rd of this month. So I don't understand wot dey mean by our records are documented 3rd of dis month,as in dey just receive our file or what

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by boss960: 6:47pm On Sep 27, 2021
I beg wot batch pencom on death benefit
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Oluwainnie(f): 5:51pm On Nov 15, 2021
rawbaba:
I also lost my dad, he died three months to his retirement, I have done all the necessary documentation, waiting to be paid, first of all, try check all dad's documents, try to check if you will a file called 'Gen60' then you are good to go

What does this gen 60 doc look like? I've searched but couldn't find it, who knows if I saw it but couldn't even recognize it sad
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Uncleblaq: 8:42am On May 07, 2022
Pls I have a similar case and need urgent input...I lost my mother 2018 before her retirement,I have successfully submitted all requirements to her PFA 2021 but yet to get any payment...
Pls my question is, can I collect the deductions of her savings made to her RSA, pending when Pencom remits theirs, because based on urgency my family needs cash, but the PFA are unwilling to give me what is saved up in her account but that I must wait for Pencom to remit so they pay en bloc.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Uncleblaq: 8:49am On May 07, 2022
boss960:
Pls,I need someone to explain more to me .like I being processing my dad death benefit since 2018 ,so I call pencom in 2020 and I was told we are placed on batch 100 but told i chat up d pfa and i was told####The application is currently being processed. Records show that it was documented 3rd of this month. So I don't understand wot dey mean by our records are documented 3rd of dis month,as in dey just receive our file or what

Please how do I get a hold of a means to communicate the pencom office.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by boss960: 9:07pm On May 27, 2023
Pls anyone that ideal of group of life insurance

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Coca-Cola Accused Of Abandoning Staff Who Was Amputated After Injury (Photos) / Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria / I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.