Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects (60622 Views)

Secondus Asks Akwinwomi To Preside Over PDP NEC Meeting / Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus / 'Buhari, Why Do You Like Blood?' - Uche Secondus Asks President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by Charly68: 8:42pm On Aug 27, 2020
The projects are product of prudent management..kudos to the esteemed Governor

7 Likes

Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by kravy: 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
BrownLondon:
what's all these hype about Ebonyi?

what are they building? flyover? roads? markets? what else.

was there anything that Ebonyi is Building today that is not in my useless state?

the first flyover in my state was built more than 10 years ago, what else? vocational centre? mtcheew.

if you think Ebonyi (Umahi or whatever) is good then Saraki (who is the biggest thief in the history of Naija) is better...

Because Saraki executed more projects than this over hyped man....

seem people from the eastern part of this country loves mediocrity..

Bro, the issue is not whether what he is doing has been replicated by other states in the past... Of course there is nothing new in what he is doing...

But people are only marveled at the speed of completing these projects. He did in four years what many states did in 16 years. That's the difference

I've been to that state three times, once before his tenure and twice after.. And I can attest to the huge difference in a space of four years.. It was like the state was pulled down and rebuilt from the scratch. I counted at least three very standard fly overs all started and finished by the current government.

If not for colleagues, I would not have recognised anywhere. In the few states have been to, I've not had this experience.

What's makes it more interesting is the low allocation the state gets and the low IGR they generate. Yet they have a low debt profile.

7 Likes

Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by blowjohn(m): 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
That guy that calls himself righteousness will be like:

Whether the source of money is legitimate or not, what is most important is for any true soul in christ to always remember that one day we shall all give an account of of our works!
Careful! That u dont fall into the trap! For all these shall pass!
But only those who believe in christ shall reign again!
No projects, no source of funds, no political affiliations matter!
Only christ!

1 Like

Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by molbic(m): 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
Truly the governor have changed Ebonyi state

4 Likes

Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by michoim(m): 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
Charmingrascal:
Where is he getting money from?

Is he not collecting allocation and what about IGR?

These are the dunderheads that make public office holders think they are doing the masses a favour by doing projects that they are meant to execute.

Your Governor constructs roads, gives you water and light and you re praising him like he has done you a favour, why did you vote him if not for him to provide social amenities for you as citizens.

Don't mind the hypocrites!
Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by Yankee101: 8:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
Umahi sings good songs for Buhari when he needs to, get all the money you can for the state
Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by majamajic(m): 8:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
mabea:
Exactly. I've been to some states here in the south and they are nothing to write home about, yet I've never seen them call out their Governors, but will be quick to insult other states all because they call out their leaders. Pathetic!

This Abia state governor has done a lot more that osun , Jigawa , benue and about 10 other states , but u can't hear them talk about their state governors , oyo State governor never commissioned a single project since he took over , but u can't hear about that , all they know is Aba , meanwhile capital of Abia is a very clean umuahia , I was in akute ,oke aro, agbado and matogun all in Ogun state , Aba looks far better than these areas , yet ogun people can't talk about it , they hide it , anyway maybe that's why easterners are fast progressing , look at ebonyi today , and Abia coming up . They should criticize more , and hide theirs

11 Likes

Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by Kindledlight(m): 8:50pm On Aug 27, 2020
Engr.Dave Umahi my man

One of my best performing governors

He won’t involve himself in insulting the president or the government at the central. Why won’t he perform? He knows what his mission is, aims and objectives as a governor unlike those chasing shadows and be saying they can never go to Abuja.

Keep up the good work sir

Lest i forget i might not like PMB but one thing he is good at is funding the states irrespective of their parties.

2 Likes

Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by Trimque2k1(m): 8:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
Wisdomkosi:

Those Governors that are not doing any work,are you going to kill them?
This is so wrong to be in public domain...
Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by Mysticwebb: 8:56pm On Aug 27, 2020
muykem:
When the governor is campaign for Buhari. They are insulting him, that's the result.
What has Buhari got to do with this? Is Buhari dashing him money?
When he has Akeredolu, Fayemi and co?
Buhari is gradually becoming an intoxicating drug for your like.

3 Likes

Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by everyevery: 9:00pm On Aug 27, 2020
@BrowLondon
If saraki contested any election I would vote for him,he’s the only governor that I know installed IPP(power) in his state and electricity became uninterrupted while he was the governor. Besides kwara state was adjudged the cleanest state when he was at the helms of affairs. He bought road construction equipment for each LG during his tenure to mention just but a few. My own governor SeyiMakinde has started on a good note too,though everything is still at the foundational level but it’s obvious he would perform excellently well because he’s not willing to embezzle money

1 Like

Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by BrownLondon(m): 9:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
kravy:

Bro, the issue is not whether what he is doing has been replicated by other states in the past... Of course there is nothing new in what he is doing...

But people are only marveled at the speed of completing these projects. He did in four years what many states did in 16 years. That's the difference

I've been to that state three times, once before his tenure and twice after.. And I can attest to the huge difference in a space of four years.. It was like the state was pulled down and rebuilt from the scratch. I counted at least three very standard fly overs all started and finished by the current government.

If not for colleagues, I would not have recognised anywhere. In the few states have been to, I've not had this experience.

What's makes it more interesting is the low allocation the state gets and the low IGR they generate. Yet they have a low debt profile.
Then Ebonyi must have been some thick forest before he came then.

I've always thought my state is Kwara is the most backward state until I get used to NL.

Saraki Is a villain in Kwara, one of the biggest thief in the history of Nigeria but he actually executed more projects than this man...

that's why I always wonder whenever I see threads like "updates on Ebonyi Airport" gracing the front page, when you open the thread, the project is that the foundation level, and you see people rejoicing, calling Ebonyi a paradise..

The Ebonyi airport that's just at the foundation level thread as graced the front page more than 3 times from July till now.

infact one of the reasons why I stopped reading Opera news and articles was this Ebonyi state topics, sometimes 6 out of every 10 articles in Opera news is about Ebonyi.

however, it's all good.
Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by ayenale1(m): 9:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
He will perform than under perform bubu...he's still bouncing Nigeria needs technocrats like him to turn Nigeria infrastructural decay around and improve the economy and the lives of the citizens.
Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by millionboi2: 9:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
Mysticwebb:
I suspect the state has a very expensive mineral resources they are secretly mining and selling to generate money.
Honestly when you visit Abakaliki, without sentiment you will be surprised at the level of development going on there.
You will be more surprised when you check their debt and their allocation. Both are at the bottom of the table.
Then how does he get the money for those gigantic projects.
Most are already completed.
umahi is rich

1 Like

Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by ada9ja(f): 9:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
the secret is because he is close to Buhari......the wise man.....when many are calling buhari names, he was busy getting things to better his state

2 Likes

Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by ostarlink: 9:10pm On Aug 27, 2020
Mysticwebb:
I suspect the state has a very expensive mineral resources they are secretly mining and selling to generate money.
Honestly when you visit Abakaliki, without sentiment you will be surprised at the level of development going on there.
You will be more surprised when you check their debt and their allocation. Both are at the bottom of the table.

Maybe. But it is still far better than using the proceed to sponsor Boko Haram and Fulani terrorists by his counterparts in the north
Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by mabea: 9:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
majamajic:

This Abia state governor has done a lot more that osun , Jigawa , benue and about 10 other states , but u can't hear them talk about their state governors , oyo State governor never commissioned a single project since he took over , but u can't hear about that , all they know is Aba , meanwhile capital of Abia is a very clean umuahia , I was in akute ,oke aro, agbado and matogun all in Ogun state , Aba looks far better than these areas , yet ogun people can't talk about it , they hide it , anyway maybe that's why easterners are fast progressing , look at ebonyi today , and Abia coming up . They should criticize more , and hide theirs
This is nothing but the truth. I wish the criticisms should rather spur the state to a greater height rather than demarket it

1 Like

Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by Jonegonu: 9:13pm On Aug 27, 2020
Charmingrascal:

These are the dunderheads that make public office holders think they are doing the masses a favour by doing projects that they are meant to execute.

Your Governor constructs roads, gives you water and light and you re praising him like he has done you a favour, why did you vote him if not for him to provide social amenities for you as citizens.

. He knows why he is asking him the question. Because his own state governor is nothing to write home about

1 Like

Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by stevonics: 9:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
Reference:
When I tell folks that the day we end the Julius Berger mentality and rescue Nigeria from being a'Contractor's paradise' then we can get value for our minute resources. He has not great secret. His projects are essentially DL, community/grassroots resourced. You will not see the big names paving village roads and erecting solar street lights as you have in Rivers and Akwa Ibom. They do their stuff on tjhecheap and being an Engineer himself he knows who to appoint to supervise.

That is how great nations of all time multiplied 5 loaves and two fishes to develop their economies...heck, that is the classic way of all time to get out of poverty, you do everything yourself. Its the rags to riches story that Nigerians simply cannot put their heads around.

You can imagine. Slap bang in the midst of a recession our dear Federal Government still has the temerity to approve over 700 million to audit all NDDC projects. That is spending 700 million to chase thieves, to chase a lost cause. Tell me, if that is not madness, what is.

So it is not at all shocking that our debts are ballooning in the quest just to link Delta with Anambra and lay two metal rods on the ground between Lagos and Ibadan called a rail line that we can so easily do ourselves if we are serious, inspired, motivated and have such a believer in self actualisation in charge such as this governor.

you have a working brain.
yes umahi is an engineer. the joy of a good project is low cost and good quality.

The things Government can achieve through Direct labour using local engineers can pay off our debts.

As an Engineer, the projects i did on DIY (Do it yourself) in a year can pay me at least 4 months salary.

1 Like

Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by BrownLondon(m): 9:16pm On Aug 27, 2020
everyevery:
@BrowLondon
If saraki contested any election I would vote for him,he’s the only governor that I know installed IPP(power) in his state and electricity became uninterrupted while he was the governor. Besides kwara state was adjudged the cleanest state when he was at the helms of affairs. He bought road construction equipment for each LG during his tenure to mention just but a few. My own governor SeyiMakinde has started on a good note too,though everything is still at the foundational level but it’s obvious he would perform excellently well because he’s not willing to embezzle money
Are you talking about Ganmo electricity station? can that even supply Ilorin and it's environment 18 hours per day? talk more of other places in Kwara?

Omu-Aran has better electricity than Ilorin, Osogbo supplies omu Aran and it's environs light..

the roads in Kwara are worst, even in Ilorin, go to Agbabiaka, Gaa akanbi, Danialu e.t.c

I was watching football match in Gaa akanbi area one day, someone played a shot and the ball had it way through the roofing sheet into the class (can you imagine?) that's how bad Kwara secondary schools are.

can you compare the salary structure of Kwara workers with their counterparts in Ekiti, Oyo and Kogi... infact that's one of the points in Oto Ge mantra.. A level 14 worker in Oyo earns almost twice than that of Kwara...

Saraki is a thief...

nonetheless, Saraki did better than this overhyped Dave Umahi man, considering that Kwara also recieves small allocation..

I think Igbos love mediocrity, that's why they always praise the man.
Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 27, 2020
Mysticwebb:

Asin you get am when i visited abakaliki last year i was amazed

3 Likes

Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by Excuses: 9:19pm On Aug 27, 2020
Wisdomkosi:

Those Governors that are not doing any work,are you going to kill them?

Like Benue nothing is going on..Nothing to write home about...
Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by youngdabold19: 9:20pm On Aug 27, 2020
Mysticwebb:

Sincerely speaking,Ebonyi state has a very large quantity of limestone.I think they are the state with the highest limestone deposit,so the money might be coming from there.

1 Like

Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 27, 2020
Excuses:

Like Benue nothing is going on..Nothing to write home about...

That one fulani don destroy that stae that state na total failure
Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by Amah70: 9:25pm On Aug 27, 2020
Aha. The only APC state in the Southeast got crippled since APC started to govern the state in 2014.
No single federal government project.
The few Infrastructures, including university, police and prison headquarters, built by the last APC government remain unused - wasting away.

Tens of thousands of qualified applicants for university places in the state have no place. Police and prison operate from makeshift offices.
Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by jaxxy(m): 9:29pm On Aug 27, 2020
From the Public obviously. It’s all public funds every inch and kobo of it. undecided

Our politicians and mumu questions undecided
Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by nanizle(m): 9:31pm On Aug 27, 2020
Mysticwebb:

Lagos has a massive igr and fg allocation. What's the estate of infrastructure is Lagos?

States will have enough money to build decent infrastructure if government officials don't embezzle public funds.
Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by Amah70: 9:31pm On Aug 27, 2020
Charmingrascal:

We shall praise governors like this who give good roads, water, good education institutions etc to the people.

One town, Afikpo in Ebonyi state celebrates how fortunate it is for not being kept in present Imo state where governance has only been about fiddling with a few roads in the state capital since APC took over the state.

3 Likes

Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by PericomaNwankwo: 9:32pm On Aug 27, 2020
Charmingrascal:

Don't mind him, with Chinese scattered all over the state mining their resources to stupor, causing environmental hazards
Re: 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects by SuperWorld(m): 9:33pm On Aug 27, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Accident: Natasha Akpoti In Abuja Hospital (Photos) / Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) / Femi Falana Involved In Road Accident, Breaks His Leg, Threatens To Sue FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.