Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1366638 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Abiodungirl: 12:05pm On Oct 22, 2020
tumiabbey:
Good day everyone.
I attended a university in Ghana that is affiliated to KNUST.
My university sent my transcripts and WES updated my profile saying they have received my transcripts.
They sent an email that they’re awaiting verification from my institution. I contacted my school but they said they received nothing.
I waited 7 weeks and Wes sent another email that they have contacted my school again. The school said they still haven’t received any document so I called WES customer care number and they said they usually won’t sent to the school’s official email, they might send to the examination controller. I have contacted the exam’s officer and he said nothing of such has been received.
I’m wondering if this was sent to my university or the affiliate university even though their email says it was sent to my school.
Please who has had such issue or is having such issue. I need help

from my experience with hubby's PGDE verification which was also done with NTI in affiliation with Uthman Danfodiyo University, verification mail will be sent to the university that issued the certificate. that is the university you should be talking to.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Imu84tj: 12:38pm On Oct 22, 2020
[quote author=Zeus04 post=95197805]

They have been issuing PPR since morning today. V got calls from different peeps and they confirmed that peeps in their groups v been getting (about 40+ and counting) from January AOR.

Let's keep fingers crossed. You guys would most likely get yours today. [/quote
Is it January this year? My Aor is June 2019 though my VO is Ottawa but I have peeps from last year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by markmp01: 12:47pm On Oct 22, 2020
yeh. Very intentional.
Prisscindy:

Narrow escape IELTS result
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Kayoe33: 12:56pm On Oct 22, 2020
Zeus04:

They have been issuing PPR since morning today. V got calls from different peeps and they confirmed that peeps in their groups v been getting (about 40+ and counting) from January AOR.

Let's keep fingers crossed. You guys would most likely get yours today.

Wow 40+! thats great. Is it January 2019 or 2020 AOR?
Do you know if they had their medicals extended? and if yes, for how long?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Tyola(m): 1:24pm On Oct 22, 2020
Tope235:

Raise a webform and request to add new born. A mail from CIC will include updating your family info forms, medicals and making payment after which you upload all those forms in your CIC profile. You can proactively complete medicals (book for medicals now if you haven't) and obtain an international passport before it is requested, so the process is seamless and time isn't wasted

Although you've been responded to earlier, I will like to share my experience with you

1. My AOR was on 08/12/2019. The last time I checked (in 05/05/2020 via CSE) all the four indices (Eligibility, Security, Criminality & background) were all valid.

2. Had a new born baby on 30/08/2020

3. Raised web form on 03/09/2020 (Although not necessary, I did attached my newborn's image)

4. On 11/09/2020 IRCC sent me a congratulatory message and an email address to which I was instructed to send specific information to. Note that the email address belongs to CPC Ottawa (my VO)

5. I sent them the email address, attached only the baby's image (at this stage no document was requested from me).

6. CPC Ottawa responded (16/09/2020) by sending me two categories of forms to fill (IMM5405 & IMM0008), requested for the baby's passport, birth certificate, evidence of payment of her processing fee (CAD225) & her passport photograph.

7. Meanwhile, I have since applied for baby's passport, it took a week to be ready. I have already collected her NPC birth cert.

8. I paid the processing fee using Barter Flutterwave virtual dollar card.

9. Filled the forms accordingly

10. Raised web form, attached all six documents (IMM0008, IMM5405, Int passport data page, Birth Cert, passport photo & Receipt of payment)

11. After two days they updated my account by adding her into my list of dependents and sent me Instruction of Medical Examination for the baby carrying her UCI.

12. Booked for Medicals in IOM Abuja.

13. Did medicals last Monday (19/10/2020), received new MEP the following day (20/10/2020) before returning home.

I guess taking things stepwise makes the process easier, clearer and faster. I've read on different fora, how it took some people months to have their new born added into their applications. Thus, I advise you go through the process in a stepwise manner.

Congratulations on your newborn.

31 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Zeus04: 1:45pm On Oct 22, 2020
Kayoe33:

Wow 40+! thats great. Is it January 2019 or 2020 AOR?
Do you know if they had their medicals extended? and if yes, for how long?

January 2019...some 2018 applications too. I guess they are sorting out backlogs.

We all know AVO and their slow processing timelines but what I don't get is that they are not sequential. Some October 2019 AOR confirmed receipt of PPR while some July 2019 is yet to get. Don't get how it's done though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by tumiabbey: 2:46pm On Oct 22, 2020
Abiodungirl:

from my experience with hubby's PGDE verification which was also done with NTI in affiliation with Uthman Danfodiyo University, verification mail will be sent to the university that issued the certificate. that is the university you should be talking to.

Thanks very much. The letter head for the transcripts is from my university while the certificate is from the affiliate institution.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Omotoyosi24(f): 3:22pm On Oct 22, 2020
Hi everyone
Hope y’all are staying safe.
Please I have a question

I have a year work experience as an admin assistant and 2years experience as a business development officer
Can I claim points for 3years work experience?

I have read the thread and also Canada immigration site and I am a bit confused about this statement

‘’ In the last 10 years, how many total years of foreign skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B)’’

Those ‘one occupation’ mean it has to be from only one job.
I am a bit confused
Please help.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by mayonikks: 3:34pm On Oct 22, 2020
Hi Guys,

As someone who got an Associate CIPM certificate through the practitioner's route, will WES be able to evaluate this Certificate alongside my BSc?

Hoping it can be a two or three years degree.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Zeus04: 3:46pm On Oct 22, 2020
mayonikks:
Hi Guys,

As someone who got an Associate CIPM certificate through the practitioner's route, will WES be able to evaluate this Certificate alongside my BSc?

Thanks

By practitioner route, I am unsure if it would be evaluated the same as exam route.

Mine was the exam route and it was evaluates as 3 year bachelor's degree...and was valid as a 2 or more degree under IRCC requirement.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by mayonikks: 3:49pm On Oct 22, 2020
Zeus04:

By practitioner route, I am unsure if it would be evaluated the same as exam route.

Mine was the exam route and it was evaluates as 3 year bachelor's degree...and was valid as a 2 or more degree under IRCC requirement.

Thanks for the reply. is there a way to write the exams, just for the purpose of transcript evaluation?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ify2016: 3:51pm On Oct 22, 2020
mayonikks:
Hi Guys,

Thanks

Fax it to them first and get the feedback directly from them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by mayonikks: 3:52pm On Oct 22, 2020
ify2016:

Fax it to them first and get the feedback directly from them.

Thank you, I'll do just that. Will keep you posted.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by mayonikks: 3:54pm On Oct 22, 2020
Zeus04:

Also, pls can you recommend any Diploma in HR or similar that one can start that would be recognized by WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dealkid: 4:30pm On Oct 22, 2020
Its PPR guys.
Visa office is Accra o
Be back shortly with the full gist

55 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 4:37pm On Oct 22, 2020
Hello Everyone - What is the best way to show proof of funds for express entry? especially when one is trying to avoid huge sum of money showin gon the account statement.

Fixed deposit?
Gift deed?

I appreciate anyones advise. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Kentz3: 4:53pm On Oct 22, 2020
hello guys please how many days do i have to upload my documents after recieving ITA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by kiari: 4:56pm On Oct 22, 2020
Dealkid:
Its PPR guys.
Visa office is Accra o

Awww, this is great News from AVO...
Congratulations!!! cheesy
@safex how far undecided

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by kiari: 5:00pm On Oct 22, 2020
Kentz3:
hello guys please how many days do i have to upload my documents after recieving ITA?

You are told on your profile how many days you have... angry Anyways 90 days...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by kiari: 5:07pm On Oct 22, 2020
hayqinsbFX:
Hello Everyone - What is the best way to show proof of funds for express entry? especially when one is trying to avoid huge sum of money showin gon the account statement.

Fixed deposit?
Gift deed?

I appreciate anyones advise. Thanks

It has been said over and over again...
A gift deed is what most people use to show/explain proof of funds.
You can either Keep the money in fixed deposit, Treasury Bills, Mutual funds etc...the choice is yours..
Kindly go to page 1 and research intensively on POF & read peoples PPR stories..
Good luck.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Rhuth: 5:36pm On Oct 22, 2020
Omotoyosi24:
Hi everyone
Hope y’all are staying safe.
Please I have a question

I have a year work experience as an admin assistant and 2years experience as a business development officer
Can I claim points for 3years work experience?

I have read the thread and also Canada immigration site and I am a bit confused about this statement

‘’ In the last 10 years, how many total years of foreign skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B)’’

Those ‘one occupation’ mean it has to be from only one job.
I am a bit confused
Please help.
Thanks

You can combine both to claim 3 years. It doesn't mean it has too be from one job only, but only one should stand as your primary occupation, in this case, prolly the one you have 2 years experience on.
People usually combine their 2 years experience with one year NYSC to make 3 years

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by obinnaonyeka: 5:48pm On Oct 22, 2020
PLease i wanted to ask, is it people who got pnp that their AOR is as far back as April 2019?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Omotoyosi24(f): 7:14pm On Oct 22, 2020
Rhuth:

You can combine both to claim 3 years. It doesn't mean it has too be from one job only, but only one should stand as your primary occupation, in this case, prolly the one you have 2 years experience on.
People usually combine their 2 years experience with one year NYSC to make 3 years

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Zeus04: 7:29pm On Oct 22, 2020
Dealkid:
Its PPR guys.
Visa office is Accra o

Congrats! It's like Accra woke up today. Like I said in my previous post, people from different AVO whatsapp groups have been celebrating...more than 40 of them.

When is your AOR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Zeus04: 7:31pm On Oct 22, 2020
mayonikks:

Also, pls can you recommend any Diploma in HR or similar that one can start that would be recognized by WES?

Maybe someone could guide you on this. I only know of CIPM in the HR route.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Tyola(m): 8:00pm On Oct 22, 2020
Dealkid:
Its PPR guys.
Visa office is Accra o

Yay!!!.......Congratulations.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Atdeejay12: 8:11pm On Oct 22, 2020
Speeding up my Cannan Land Dream
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Blinkingbae: 8:14pm On Oct 22, 2020
So guys my transcript has landed in Canada already, how long will it take wes to reply on my account that they have received it... The transcript got to wes Canada on the 19th..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by PhilipGallagher(m): 8:32pm On Oct 22, 2020
Hi guys please I really need your help.

I have been searching for an NOC related to my work for weeks now and I can’t seem to find any. The closest NOC I saw was “ 1315 – Customs, ship and other brokers’

I work as an Oil Trading Operator in the downstream Petroleum sector. Which involves trading of petroleum products, managing various shipping supply operations, importing petroleum products etc. Some added task involve monitoring and analysis of international oil & gas market prices. So i do some data analysts work.

I’d appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Rhuth: 8:44pm On Oct 22, 2020
Blinkingbae:
So guys my transcript has landed in Canada already, how long will it take wes to reply on my account that they have received it... The transcript got to wes Canada on the 19th..
Congratulations.
Roughly 5 days/one week
Just chill. Status would change

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 22, 2020
Cos of the presidents speech tonight.... This sh*t is about to get realer....

Let me just go and learn French.

If my husband no con study for him IELTS well. angry ... Na amala stick we go use settle the matter o..

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MemeRoyal(f): 10:23pm On Oct 22, 2020
Goodevening everyone
Please I and hubby have done our Wes
We have also done IELTS
Please what's the way forward from here??
How do I apply for jobs in Canada?
How do I know when they do draws?
Any other thing I need to know in a nutshell please?
I just found this tread today and can't go all the way back although I've skimmed through the first two pages.
please someone help me

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.