Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1362796 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Pweetytomi: 10:24pm On Oct 22, 2020
Iyamarun:
Cos of the presidents speech tonight.... This sh*t is about to get realer....

Let me just go and learn French.

If my husband no con study for him IELTS well. angry ... Na amala stick we go use settle the matter o..
grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:26pm On Oct 22, 2020
MemeRoyal:
Goodevening everyone
Please I and hubby have done our Wes
We have also done IELTS

Please what's the way forward from here??

How do I apply for jobs in Canada?
How do I know when they do draws?
Any other thing I need to know in a nutshell please?

I just found this tread today and can't go all the way back although I've skimmed through the first two pages.

please someone help me
Create a profile and get in the pool. Mamaroon has provided literally all the information needed on page one with links on there.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by chanceux: 10:35pm On Oct 22, 2020
Zeus04:

January 2019...some 2018 applications too. I guess they are sorting out backlogs.

We all know AVO and their slow processing timelines but what I don't get is that they are not sequential. Some October 2019 AOR confirmed receipt of PPR while some July 2019 is yet to get. Don't get how it's done though.
My God, AOR since January 2019?? Some 2018 Wow ...This backlog don dey extend o

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by seunz09: 10:49pm On Oct 22, 2020
Liispa:

If she's a chartered accountant, this means she's only going to write the professional papers
She can waive her exemption from F1-3, write the papers (anytime as its computer based), use it for WES evaluation, then just claim exemption from F4-9 and continue her ACCA journey.
Writing the 4 professional papers is a longer route to getting an additional certificate (4 exam sessions per year), although she finishes her ACCA journey faster and a bit cheaper.

Hope this helps
Hello, I need help please. I was told by ACCA that I can waive my exemption for one paper in the foundation stage, and still obtain the accounting diploma certificate. However, will WES evaluate it as a one year diploma knowing fully well that my transcript will only show that I wrote one paper? Please help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by donogaga(m): 10:58pm On Oct 22, 2020
Iyamarun:
Cos of the presidents speech tonight.... This sh*t is about to get realer....

Let me just go and learn French.

If my husband no con study for him IELTS well. angry ... Na amala stick we go use settle the matter o..

Gbam.

The speech implies that even as Nigerian citizens, we have been declared persona non grata in Nigeria.

May the only wise God speedily answer our prayers as regards this very key relocation plans.

I anticipate a smooth process.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by alteco007(m): 11:08pm On Oct 22, 2020
Hi bro, they haven't sent yours, right? When's your AOR?

Zeus04:

Let's keep fingers crossed. You guys would most likely get yours today.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Betterlife2018: 11:18pm On Oct 22, 2020
Betterlife2018:
I just want to drop this information, possibly someone might try it with WES.

From a friend :
We processed transcript from Federal poly-Ado to WES. We wanted to use Etx-ng but the school claimed they don't do that and they have never used that before. Our contact suggested that we should scan and forward the scanned copies to WES directly using the email the school regularly used for verification of transcript. The school did and gbam! - WES accepted the e- transcript.
I never knew such could be accepted because I read on WES website that only few schools have such opportunity. We were still planning to send the hard-copy via Fedex.
After few days, they told us that they have sent verification email to Ado again, before I paid for verification, WES sent another email for the completion date for my report. I have my ECA now without sending hard copy and with no verification-.

It was a surprise to me.

NOTE- It was a friend's experience

Just to confirm this again, someone just did same as narrated above and transcript was accepted by WES.
Guys if you know you can adopt the above by requesting that your school scan your transcript and send to WES via the "appropriate email address" used by the school for all correspondences with WES, it might save time and money.
Just my two cent.
Good luck

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Isha113: 11:50pm On Oct 22, 2020
LolaCole1:

If it’s unilag diploma/Foundation then YES!
what if it's unilag jupeb?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by olabamidele64(f): 12:28am On Oct 23, 2020
Pls I need ur helps home
I need someone that is expert in dis
I need someone to b leading me through pls
Suggest for me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Zeus04: 12:39am On Oct 23, 2020
N
chanceux:
My God, AOR since January 2019?? Some 2018 Wow ...This backlog don dey extend o

Yes o AVO is a mess! I know someone that started the application after I have submitted..that is.. Passed IELTS, evaluated result and applied... Application went to Ottawa and this person has gotten PPR already.

All those with ITA just pray your application goes elsewhere cos if it's Accra be rest assured that it's 2022 you may see Canada. Must African things always get K leg?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Zeus04: 12:40am On Oct 23, 2020
alteco007:
Hi bro, they haven't sent yours, right? When's your AOR?

December 2019. Application already approved via GCMS notes. Fingers crossed.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Daraojo: 12:55am On Oct 23, 2020
Yes, you have to pick a primary occupation, it is not compulsory to have 3 years of work experience, however, to get the maximum points for work experience you need it.
Omotoyosi24:
Hi everyone
Hope y’all are staying safe.
Please I have a question

I have a year work experience as an admin assistant and 2years experience as a business development officer
Can I claim points for 3years work experience?

I have read the thread and also Canada immigration site and I am a bit confused about this statement

‘’ In the last 10 years, how many total years of foreign skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B)’’

Those ‘one occupation’ mean it has to be from only one job.
I am a bit confused
Please help.
Thanks

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by olabamidele64(f): 1:36am On Oct 23, 2020
Pls house,I will love to know d courses to take in order to boost my grade and an undergraduate in national open university but my husband had just bsc for now
Pls courses to do abeg
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Daraojo: 1:45am On Oct 23, 2020
Hello house, how is VO allocated? Country of origin or residence?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by kiari: 2:20am On Oct 23, 2020
Daraojo:
Hello house, how is VO allocated? Country of origin or residence?
None of the above...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by kiari: 2:28am On Oct 23, 2020
olabamidele64:
Pls house,I will love to know d courses to take in order to boost my grade and an undergraduate in national open university but my husband had just bsc for now
Pls courses to do abeg

As an undergraduate your grades do not matter, just graduate and send in your transcripts...while you are at it you can enrol for courses like Ciin, Cipm, cima, acca, bcs, Nactem etc. to boost your chances.
Your husband just has his Bsc which is not sufficient, advise him to enrol for any of the courses I mentioned above...Kindly take a stroll down to page 1 and research intensively.
May the odds be in your favour.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by rommyayo: 2:46am On Oct 23, 2020
Please house , I was given September 1 for my ppr schedule time and yet no update . Any advice or group to follow for monitoring or anything please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Daraojo: 3:00am On Oct 23, 2020
You just have to be patient, however, you can order GCMS note your status.
rommyayo:
Please house , I was given September 1 for my ppr schedule time and yet no update . Any advice or group to follow for monitoring or anything please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Daraojo: 3:02am On Oct 23, 2020
So what is the deciding factor? there are quite a lot of people here that submitted in the UK and got London VO office.

I am sure country of residence is quite an important factor
kiari:

None of the above...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Blinkingbae: 3:41am On Oct 23, 2020
Rhuth:

Congratulations.
Roughly 5 days/one week
Just chill. Status would change
thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 4:07am On Oct 23, 2020
Daraojo:
So what is the deciding factor? there are quite a lot of people here that submitted in the UK and got London VO office.

I am sure country of residence is quite an important factor
no defined criteria. Those living in Nigeria usually land in Ottawa, accra or Sydney nova scotia (mostly pnp). Usa based - monteal, Germany based - Austria.etc. Just wait for them to allocate your file. No need guessing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by JuneFirst: 4:32am On Oct 23, 2020
safex:
The eagle has landed o.
To God be the glory.
Full gist coming when I'm able to breathe properly grin

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by JuneFirst: 5:09am On Oct 23, 2020
Dealkid:
Its PPR guys.
Visa office is Accra o
Be back shortly with the full gist

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MayorOfEdmonton: 6:31am On Oct 23, 2020
As @Debieeee advised, take ur time to carefully go thru page 1 if you want to make a success of this journey...make notes if u must
It's not enough to do WES, the level of Credentials evaluated matters (MSc/BSc/HND+ND).
Similarly 'doing' IELTS is not enough...the grades obtained matters.
With the IELTS grades & Degree evaluated you can enter the pool and be assigned a CRS but with a low IELTS grade and/or academic Qualification one stand little chance. Again STUDY page 1!!!
All the best through the process Ma.
Cheers

MemeRoyal:
Goodevening everyone
Please I and hubby have done our Wes
We have also done IELTS

Please what's the way forward from here??

How do I apply for jobs in Canada?
How do I know when they do draws?
Any other thing I need to know in a nutshell please?

I just found this tread today and can't go all the way back although I've skimmed through the first two pages.

please someone help me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Perie: 6:48am On Oct 23, 2020
Please anyone add me to February 20202 AOR group ....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by mayokunlawale(f): 7:49am On Oct 23, 2020
Good morning, please anyone here who is vast about NOC, I am really confused of which NOC to pick, I work in a bank, just changed roles?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ovy92(f): 7:52am On Oct 23, 2020
Huge Congratulations, I'm so happy for you [quote author=pweetygeek post=95112104]The Golden mail is here!!!

People of God, its PPR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline
FSW- OUTLAND
ALBERTA PNP (AINP)
NOC 1311
1st IELTS.....3 Mar 2018
2nd IELTS.....2 June 2018
EOR....... 7 July 2018
WES ECA ... 10 Dec 2018
CRS......438
1st profile ..10 Dec 2018
1st Profile ineligible..... 7 Aug 2019
2nd profile ..  7 Aug 2019
Alberta NOI.... 25 Sept 2019
Nomination..... 20 Nov 2019
CRS...... 1038
ITA......27 Nov 2019
AOR... 24 Jan 2020
MEP... 5 Feb 2020
BIL..... 5 Feb 2020
BMC .... 17 Feb 2020
PPR....  19 Oct 2020
Visa office ..... CIO Sydney NS
Family of me,myself and I

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Tope235: 7:54am On Oct 23, 2020
[quote author=Tyola post=95204959]

Although you've been responded to earlier, I will like to share my experience with you

1. My AOR was on 08/12/2019. The last time I checked (in 05/05/2020 via CSE) all the four indices (Eligibility, Security, Criminality & background) were all valid.

2. Had a new born baby on 30/08/2020

3. Raised web form on 03/09/2020 (Although not necessary, I did attached my newborn's image)

Hi! Thank you for taking time out in highlighting the steps you went through. I didn’t have to go through most of these. Or some were omitted and I still successfully submitted my newborn’s application in a few days. One thing we both agreed on is to raise a Webform. I’m sure the applicant would be informed of the next step to take after that. I only advised he proactively book for Medicals as booking is never readily available in a week. and it also reduces the lead time in submitting his newborn application.

Don’t make it sound like I’m putting the cart before the horse. Every application involves steps, I mean you won’t enter EE pool without completing IELTS first amongst many other requirements

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by gracechellar(f): 7:56am On Oct 23, 2020
mayokunlawale:
Good morning, please anyone here who is vast about NOC, I am really confused of which NOC to pick, I work in a bank, just changed roles?

https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Home/Welcome/5cbed24f6c7d40d3b490ffc1676e5804?GoCTemplateCulture=en-CA

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.