Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1361761 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Cheerfulmum: 7:41am On Dec 19, 2020
How do you mean over 1 million naira total loss, were you charged upto 2 million naira?

AyeeshaB:
Please has anyone successfully used a GTBank Dollar Mastercard to pay for the E-APR of $2820 CAD. Its declining my card and I don't know why. what can i do?

Update: nevermind, sorted it out, apparently they took $150 more than the calculated rates from USD on oanda or Xe, not sure why. I'm tired of all this exchange rate losses o. First from Naira to usd, now from usd to CAD, over 1M Naira total loss now, hmm. hopefully its worth it in the long run
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abnot: 11:44am On Dec 19, 2020
pbayagbon:
Gurus on this journey
Kindly give candid opinion

Tobi has 2 step siblings in Cannyland who didn’t declare her in their PR application
Fortunately one is willing to provide documents for her to claim sibling 15 points
The other one won’t even provide her date of birth or full names for her to fill under family section

What can Tobi do at this point?
Tobi should not push it. How can you not know the DOB of your sibling ? If you have enough points apply without them
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by AyabaS: 11:53am On Dec 19, 2020
tysaxmalomo:
Can you choose where to send your passport yourself? plus idnt sending to the UK going to be a bit problematic seeing as they may be going into lockdown soon or are already in lockdown?

Yes you can. My PPR mail did not specify where to send to, it just says send through VFS but people typically send to the ones closest to them. The only downside is it’ll cost you more but what you loose in money, you’ll gain back in time and peace of mind. Accra is stressing people out here mehn. I posted the process for sending to London but it was deleted and I was banned.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sirabbey(m): 11:54am On Dec 19, 2020
Part 10 and now it is PPR

SUMMARY
IELTS Dec 2017
ECA April 2018
1st profile April 2018 and expired April 2019
2nd Profile April 2019
Alberta NOI May 2019
Alberta Nomination Certificate July 2019
ITA Aug 12, 2019
AOR Aug 19, 2019
MEP July 2019 (upfront)
BIL completed Sept 2019
Long silence
1st GCMS Dec 2019
2nd GCMS July 2020
Medical Expired July 2020
3rd GCMS Oct 2020
Medical Extension Nov 27, 2020
PPR Dec 17, 2020.
AOR to PPR 16 months

JOURNEY EPISTLE
My journey started in Dec 2017 when I wrote the IELTS. I have taken 2 months earlier to prepare for the exam and luckily for me it paid off as I maxed out the result in one single attempt (L9, R9, S 7.5, W 7.5). My spouse was not so lucky as she had to write IELTS 3times before finally giving up the attempt to improve on her reading score especially ( L 7.5, R 5.5, S 7.5, W 6.5). In one of the attempts she applied for re-mark. Her Writing score bumped up by 0.5 hence she got a refund of the N15,000 re-mark fees but the reading score remained notoriously at 5.5 shocked grin.

Next bus stop was the ECA, which started simultaneously with IELTS in Dec 2017. We both use WES for ECA. Spouse assessed her Master's degree with WES and by Jan 2018 it was ready. I on the other hand have ND, HND and PGD to claim 2 or more degrees, so I decided to assessed HND and PGD. Later I realized that I should have just assessed my ND and HND. This mistake cost me additional N50K in transcripts and logistics fees and 3 months in time extension. WES started the assessment of HND and PGD and after 3 months requested for ND transcripts and certificate to conclude the assessment of the HND, so I ended up assessing all the three degrees. This delay meant my WES report was not ready until April 2018.

April 2018, I dived into the pool with 421 points. I swam in the pool for a whole year and even became an Olympic champion in the pool but no ITA. grin grin grin With my birthday approaching in January, I decided to start learning French in Nov 2018 to compensate for the 5point loss on my approaching birthday though I must confess that learning French sounded like learning Greek in my ears. April 2019, I was notified of profile expiration and I quickly created another profile 2 days after expiration of the first profile. For inexplicably reason, my CRS points dropped to 414 points instead of 416 points. I doubled checked and tripled checked but I could not figure out why, so I lost 7 points for my birthday instead of 5points. (In Hindsight now, I think the other 2 points loss may be for my spouse birthday)

Good thing I created a new profile as Alberta came calling with their Notification of Interest (NOI) in May 2019. Basic criteria was mainly newly created profiles as people with CRS as low as 330 also got their NOIs in May of 2019. We packaged the documents required and sent to them. They did a thorough job in checking on all documents submitted, contacted my office to verify my reference and work experience. Spouse IELTS TRF was somehow omitted while packaging the documents, but Alberta graciously notify me of this omission and allowed me to send a scan copy by email instead of having to send by courier as required. By the end of July 2019 Alberta Nomination Certificate came in without spending a dime other than the cost of sending our documents through courier. I was elated, I accepted immediately and felt giddy when my CRS flew to 1014 points.

I stopped learning or is it pretending to learn French instantly cheesy cheesy. After a little over 6 months of learning French at Alliance Française, I find myself terribly unqualified and unprepared to attempt TEF due to no fault of Alliance Francaise (as they have very many excellent instructors and robust curriculum) but due to my dullness to grasp a new language fast. I spent no less than 150K on this French adventure but I do not regret it a bit as I improve on my residual knowledge of the language and became very confident to intervene in my children primary school/beginners French studies as the French expert of our family. cool cool cool

The next draw was on Aug 12, 2019 and I clinched ITA, I took a week to arrange my documents and by Aug 19, 2019 I submitted and got AOR same day. The family did upfront medicals in July 2019 and MEP was obtained in Aug 2019. Biometrics was completed by Sept 2019. Everything seems to be in cruise control and I was already dreaming of PPR in Dec 2019 or worst case scenario as my birthday gift in Jan 2020.

Interestingly in Oct 2019, Saskatchewan Nomination of Interest came in and I was informed I have up to Dec 16, 2019 to Accept or it will expire but since I have already accepted Alberta NOI, I could not take up the offer. I was secretly praying that PPR or even rejection comes before Dec 16 2019 so that I can take up Saskatchewan NOI offer before it expires, even though I prefer Alberta to Saskatchewan and its NOI application process will cost 300CAD unlike Alberta NOI that was free of charge.

Out of curiosity, I ordered the first GCMS notes in Dec 2019, I discovered that my file was moved to the notorious Accra Visa Office (AVO) after initial processing at CIO in Ottawa. I immediately started weaning myself mentally off the process but wifey was becoming emotionally and mentally attached and agitated as the process dragged on. By Feb 2020, AOR clocked 6 months but no PPR, By this time our IELTS results had expired, Alberta Nomination certificate had expired (it had validity of 6months) and Saskatchewan NOI too had expired, so any problem with the application at this time will mean going back to re-write IELTS and joining the pool to initiate the whole process all over again. A very scary thought to contemplate.

COVID19 global pandemic heightened in March 2020 and IRCC started sending delay emails to applicant as a result of COVID 19, I waited till July 2020 and ordered the 2nd GCMS, notes, Medical Passed since Aug 2019, Biometrics Completed since Sept 2019 but Review Required (RR) on Eligibility while Security and Criminality yet to start. The case analyst mentioned that my reference letter had the same JD for the two companies submitted and was 100% similar to my NOC as stated on IRCC website. This was a mistake on my part as I copied the JD for my NOC on IRCC website (since I carried out all these functions and more at work anyway) and added a few more before getting my current Manager (Paddy of life) and former HR (Another paddy of life) to put on the company letter head and sign off on it.

At this point there was nothing to be done but to wait it out. I waited and waited but long silence. sometime in Aug 2020 and Sep 2020, I noticed a flurry of ghost updates (GU) so I ordered the 3rd GCMS notes in Oct 2020. I discovered my files was moved to Hong Kong at some point and then to Beijing, and to then to Shanghai. My LinkedIn profile was checked around this time as well. Eligibility has moved to Recommend Interview (RI), Medical expired July 2020. Criminality and Security yet to start.
I emailed over 10 MPs to check my application update and why it is taking such a long time. only 2 or 3 replied saying they won't be able to help giving one excuse or the other. it is either I am not living in province they represent, not in Canada or their office has been inundated with similar requests and they are now overwhelmed to assist again.

I contacted Qlife to pick a date for Re-medical, I was told the earliest date is Nov 19 2020, so I booked. Nov 19 2020 came, but I did not go as I start seeing that people were getting medical extension. Flurry of GUs was noticed again and on Nov 27, 2020 I got medical extension as well saving me well over N120K for re-med. At this stage my wife was checking our profile at an average of 7times daily and raising web-form weekly. People were speculating that PPR should come latest 2 weeks after medical extension but no PPR. On Dec 14, another web-form was raised to Hong Kong (Secondary VO) and Accra (Primary VO). Hong Kong replied that our profile had been approved and that we should have received Passport Request letter. Accra of course did not reply as they hardly ever reply web-form nor can you reach them by Phone.

I was happy and angry at the same time. Why is AVO being wicked like this?. Hong Kong had cleared Review required and Recommend Interview yet AVO is still sitting pretty on my PPR. I copied Hong Kong VO mail stating that my application had been approved and send another webform to them, AVO and copied CIO. 2 days later on Dec 17 PPR mail dropped by AVO in my mail around 2am. On checking the letter I saw the PPR mail was dated Dec 11 2020 but AVO decided to sit on it, but for Hong Kong who exposed them, only God knows how long AVO would have sat on the PPR.
The next day I packaged the required documents with passports, got a UK friend to assist in paying for VFS transmission fees in Pounds Sterling while I refund in Naira then couriered the documents to London UK for COPR (I can't deal with the wickedness of AVO any longer cry cry)

It was a very long roller coaster journey but we thank God it ended in praise. Awaiting Passport return from London. From AOR to PPR took 16months (1 year 4 months), it was mentally draining but well worth it at the end. I appreciate everyone on this forum and the plethora of Whatsapp Groups that my spouse belongs to (I refused to join any WhatSapp Group for my sanity grin grin) for the support and comradeship offered so freely.

Landing gist loading for 2021 by the grace of God.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by AyabaS: 11:55am On Dec 19, 2020
tysaxmalomo:
Can you choose where to send your passport yourself? plus idnt sending to the UK going to be a bit problematic seeing as they may be going into lockdown soon or are already in lockdown?

Yes you can. My PPR mail did not specify where to send to, it just says send through VFS but people typically send to the ones closest to them. The only downside is it’ll cost you more but what you loose in money, you’ll gain back in time and peace of mind. Accra is stressing people out here mehn. I posted the process for sending to London earlier but it was deleted and I was banned.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Belle35: 12:06pm On Dec 19, 2020
[quote author=Belle35 post=97208001][/quote]

Someone please help out. I would like to remark my IELTS with mod. What is the procedure and how much is it?
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by wondychiqe: 12:12pm On Dec 19, 2020
Oh woow, what a story, thank GOD it ended in praise.
Congratulations
sirabbey:

SUMMARY
IELTS Dec 2017
ECA April 2018
2nd Profile April 2019
Alberta NOI May 2019
ITA Aug 12, 2019
AOR Aug 19, 2019
MEP July 2019 (upfront)
BIL completed Sept 2019
Long silence
1st GCMS Dec 2019
2nd GCMS July 2020
3rd GCMS Oct 2020
PPR Dec 17, 2020.
AOR to PPR 16 months

JOURNEY EPISTLE
My journey started in Dec 2017 when I wrote the IELTS. I have taken 2 months earlier to prepare for the exam and luckily for me it paid off as I maxed out the result in one single attempt (L9, R9, S 7.5, W 7.5). My spouse was not so lucky as she had to write IELTS 3times before finally giving up the attempt to improve on her reading score especially ( L 7.5, R 5.5, S 7.5, W 6.5). In one of the attempts she applied for re-mark. Her Writing score bumped up by 0.5 hence she got a refund of the N15,000 re-mark fees but the reading score remained notoriously at 5.5 shocked grin.

Next bus stop was the ECA, which started simultaneously with IELTS in Dec 2017. We both use WES for ECA. Spouse assessed her Master's degree with WES and by Jan 2018 it was ready. I on the other hand have ND, HND and PGD to claim 2 or more degrees, so I decided to assessed HND and PGD. Later I realized that I should have just assessed my ND and HND. This mistake cost me additional N50K in transcripts and logistics fees and 3 months in time extension. WES started the assessment of HND and PGD and after 3 months requested for ND transcripts and certificate to conclude the assessment of the HND, so I ended up assessing all the three degrees. This delay meant my WES report was not ready until April 2018.

April 2018, I dived into the pool with 421 points. I swam in the pool for a whole year and even became an Olympic champion in the pool but no ITA. grin grin grin With my birthday approaching in January, I decided to start learning French in Nov 2018 to compensate for the 5point loss on my approaching birthday though I must confess that learning French sounded like learning Greek in my ears. April 2019, I was notified of profile expiration and I quickly created another profile 2 days after expiration of the first profile. For inexplicably reason, my CRS points dropped to 414 points instead of 416 points. I doubled checked and tripled checked but I could not figure out why, so I lost 7 points for my birthday instead of 5points. (In Hindsight now, I think the other 2 points loss may be for my spouse birthday)

Good thing I created a new profile as Alberta came calling with their Notification of Interest (NOI) in May 2019. Basic criteria was mainly newly created profiles as people with CRS as low as 330 also got their NOIs in May of 2019. We packaged the documents required and sent to them. They did a thorough job in checking on all documents submitted, contacted my office to verify my reference and work experience. Spouse IELTS TRF was somehow omitted while packaging the documents, but Alberta graciously notify me of this omission and allowed me to send a scan copy by email instead of having to send by courier as required. By the end of July 2019 Alberta Nomination Certificate came in without spending a dime other than the cost of sending our documents through courier. I was elated, I accepted immediately and felt giddy when my CRS flew to 1014 points.

I stopped learning or is it pretending to learn French instantly cheesy cheesy. After a little over 6 months of learning French at Alliance Française, I find myself terribly unqualified and unprepared to attempt TEF due to no fault of Alliance Francaise (as they have very many excellent instructors and robust curriculum) but due to my dullness to grasp a new language fast. I spent no less than 150K on this French adventure but I do not regret it a bit as I improve on my residual knowledge of the language and became very confident to intervene in my children primary school/beginners French studies as the French expert of our family. cool cool cool

The next draw was on Aug 12, 2019 and I clinched ITA, I took a week to arrange my documents and by Aug 19, 2019 I submitted and got AOR same day. The family did upfront medicals in July 2019 and MEP was obtained in Aug 2019. Biometrics was completed by Sept 2019. Everything seems to be in cruise control and I was already dreaming of PPR in Dec 2019 or worst case scenario as my birthday gift in Jan 2020.

Interestingly in Oct 2019, Saskatchewan Nomination of Interest came in and I was informed I have up to Dec 16, 2019 to Accept or it will expire but since I have already accepted Alberta NOI, I could not take up the offer. I was secretly praying that PPR or even rejection comes before Dec 16 2019 so that I can take up Saskatchewan NOI offer before it expires, even though I prefer Alberta to Saskatchewan and its NOI application process will cost 300CAD unlike Alberta NOI that was free of charge.

Out of curiosity, I ordered the first GCMS notes in Dec 2019, I discovered that my file was moved to the notorious Accra Visa Office (AVO) after initial processing at CIO in Ottawa. I immediately started weaning myself mentally off the process but wifey was becoming emotionally and mentally attached and agitated as the process dragged on. By Feb 2020, AOR clocked 6 months but no PPR, By this time our IELTS results had expired, Alberta Nomination certificate had expired (it had validity of 6months) and Saskatchewan NOI too had expired, so any problem with the application at this time will mean going back to re-write IELTS and joining the pool to initiate the whole process all over again. A very scary thought to contemplate.

COVID19 global pandemic heightened in March 2020 and IRCC started sending delay emails to applicant as a result of COVID 19, I waited till July 2020 and ordered the 2nd GCMS, notes, Medical Passed since Aug 2019, Biometrics Completed since Sept 2019 but Review Required (RR) on Eligibility while Security and Criminality yet to start. The case analyst mentioned that my reference letter had the same JD for the two companies submitted and was 100% similar to my NOC as stated on IRCC website. This was a mistake on my part as I copied the JD for my NOC on IRCC website (since I carried out all these functions and more at work anyway) and added a few more before getting my current Manager (Paddy of life) and former HR (Another paddy of life) to put on the company letter head and sign off on it.

At this point there was nothing to be done but to wait it out. I waited and waited but long silence. sometime in Aug 2020 and Sep 2020, I noticed a flurry of ghost updates (GU) so I ordered the 3rd GCMS notes in Oct 2020. I discovered my files was moved to Hong Kong at some point and then to Beijing, and to then to Shanghai. My LinkedIn profile was checked around this time as well. Eligibility has moved to Recommend Interview (RI), Medical expired July 2020. Criminality and Security yet to start.
I emailed over 10 MPs to check my application update and why it is taking such a long time. only 2 or 3 replied saying they won't be able to help giving one excuse or the other. it is either I am not living in province they represent, not in Canada or their office has been inundated with similar requests and they are now overwhelmed to assist again.

I contacted Qlife to pick a date for Re-medical, I was told the earliest date is Nov 19 2020, so I booked. Nov 19 2020 came, but I did not go as I start seeing that people were getting medical extension. Flurry of GUs was noticed again and on Nov 27, 2020 I got medical extension as well saving me well over N120K for re-med. At this stage my wife was checking our profile at an average of 7times daily and raising web-form weekly. People were speculating that PPR should come latest 2 weeks after medical extension but no PPR. On Dec 14, another web-form was raised to Hong Kong (Secondary VO) and Accra (Primary VO). Hong Kong replied that our profile had been approved and that we should have received Passport Request letter. Accra of course did not reply as they hardly ever reply web-form nor can you reach them by Phone.

I was happy and angry at the same time. Why is AVO being wicked like this?. Hong Kong had cleared Review required and Recommend Interview yet AVO is still sitting pretty on my PPR. I copied Hong Kong VO mail stating that my application had been approved and send another webform to them, AVO and copied CIO. 2 days later on Dec 17 PPR mail dropped by AVO in my mail around 2am. On checking the letter I saw the PPR mail was dated Dec 11 2020 but AVO decided to sit on it, but for Hong Kong who exposed them, only God knows how long AVO would have sat on the PPR.
The next day I packaged the required documents with passports, got a UK friend to assist in paying for VFS transmission fees in Pounds Sterling while I refund in Naira then couriered the documents to London UK for COPR (I can't deal with the wickedness of AVO any longer cry cry)

It was a very long roller coaster journey but we thank God it ended in praise. Awaiting Passport return from London. From AOR to PPR took 16months (1 year 4 months), it was mentally draining but well worth it at the end. I appreciate everyone on this forum and the plethora of Whatsapp Groups that my spouse belongs to (I refused to join any WhatSapp Group for my sanity grin grin) for the support and comradeship offered so freely.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by pbayagbon: 12:28pm On Dec 19, 2020
abnot:

Tobi should not push it. How can you not know the DOB of your sibling ? If you have enough points apply without them

I have 10 siblings and I tell you that I only know the birthdate of two not to talk of someone who has step siblings who aren’t so close

Don’t assume...

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ikepooni(f): 12:48pm On Dec 19, 2020
AyabaS:

Yes you can. My PPR mail did not specify where to send to, it just says send through VFS but people typically send to the ones closest to them. The only downside is it’ll cost you more but what you loose in money, you’ll gain back in time and peace of mind. Accra is stressing people out here mehn. I posted the process for sending to London earlier but it was deleted and I was banned.

Sorry about the ban. Is there a way we can access the information on how to send to London?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abnot: 1:12pm On Dec 19, 2020
pbayagbon:

I have 10 siblings and I tell you that I only know the birthdate of two not to talk of someone who has step siblings who aren’t so close

Don’t assume...
In as much as I don’t know you personally I’ll be glad for every applicant to get the PR with little difficulties. When you claim siblings points I believe there’s a documentation that will follow (may be birth certificate showing same parents names ). To successfully claim these points you’ll need maximum cooperation of your siblings.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sirabbey(m): 1:12pm On Dec 19, 2020
Ikepooni:

Sorry about the ban. Is there a way we can access the information on how to send to London?

Print out your PPR letter, fill the eye colour and Height chat on the letter for the principal applicant and all dependents
Fill out IMM 008 if your family no had changed
Get someone in UK to assist in paying transmission fees to VAC London (see attached) The cost is £15.85 X no of International Passports sent.
Print out evidence of payment and attached (you may ask input your UCI no while making payment as reference)
Include 2 photographs for all family member with names and DOB written on the reverse side as well as address of the studio and date pix taken.
Fill and include consent letter for each member of the family to allow VFS accept and give your Passport from/to your chosen courier service (DHL is recommended)
Put International passport for all family members in one envelope with other documents (ensure at least 6 months validity of each int. passports)

Address to Visa Application Centre ,
66 Wilson Street,
London, EC2A 2BT,
UK

Head on to your chosen courier service and send all document in one envelope or package. sit tight and expect to be contacted when your COPR is ready for collection. Then you go back to your courier service to pick up and deliver to your house. grin grin grin

35 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by NneAku344: 1:18pm On Dec 19, 2020
[quote author=sirabbey post=97223511]Part 10 and now it is PPR

SUMMARY
IELTS Dec 2017
ECA April 2018
2nd Profile April 2019
Alberta NOI May 2019
ITA Aug 12, 2019
AOR Aug 19, 2019
MEP July 2019 (upfront)
BIL completed Sept 2019
Long silence
1st GCMS Dec 2019
2nd GCMS July 2020
3rd GCMS Oct 2020
PPR Dec 17, 2020.
AOR to PPR 16 months

[b

Congratulations to you and your family!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 1:34pm On Dec 19, 2020
sirabbey:

SUMMARY
IELTS Dec 2017
ECA April 2018
2nd Profile April 2019
Alberta NOI May 2019
ITA Aug 12, 2019
AOR Aug 19, 2019
MEP July 2019 (upfront)
BIL completed Sept 2019
Long silence
1st GCMS Dec 2019
2nd GCMS July 2020
3rd GCMS Oct 2020
PPR Dec 17, 2020.
AOR to PPR 16 months[
Congratulations and all the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ejay(f): 1:49pm On Dec 19, 2020
sirabbey:

SUMMARY
IELTS Dec 2017
ECA April 2018
2nd Profile April 2019
Alberta NOI May 2019
ITA Aug 12, 2019
AOR Aug 19, 2019
MEP July 2019 (upfront)
BIL completed Sept 2019
Long silence
1st GCMS Dec 2019
2nd GCMS July 2020
3rd GCMS Oct 2020
PPR Dec 17, 2020.
AOR to PPR 16 months

Congratulations, cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ikepooni(f): 1:51pm On Dec 19, 2020
sirabbey:

Print out your PPR letter, fill the eye colour and Height chat on the letter for the principal applicant and all dependents
Fill out IMM 008 if your family no had changed
Get someone in UK to assist in paying transmission fees to VAC London (see attached) The cost is £15.85 X no of International Passports sent.
Print out evidence of payment and attached (you may ask input your UCI no while making payment as reference)
Include 2 photographs for all family member with names and DOB written on the reverse side as well as address of the studio and date pix taken.
Fill and include consent letter for each member of the family to allow VFS accept and give your Passport from/to your chosen courier service (DHL is recommended)
Put International passport for all family members in one envelope with other documents (ensure at least 6 months validity of each int. passports)

Address to Visa Application Centre ,
66 Wilson Street,
London, EC2A 2BT,
UK

Head on to your chosen courier service and send all document in one envelope or package. sit tight and expect to be contacted when your COPR is ready for collection. Then you go back to your courier service to pick up and deliver to your house. grin grin grin

Thanks for the info!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Thegirl2019: 2:09pm On Dec 19, 2020
Congratulations
sirabbey:

SUMMARY
IELTS Dec 2017
ECA April 2018
2nd Profile April 2019
Alberta NOI May 2019
ITA Aug 12, 2019
AOR Aug 19, 2019
MEP July 2019 (upfront)
BIL completed Sept 2019
Long silence
1st GCMS Dec 2019
2nd GCMS July 2020
3rd GCMS Oct 2020
PPR Dec 17, 2020.
AOR to PPR 16 months

JOURNEY EPISTLE

I contacted Qlife to pick a date for Re-medical, I was told the earliest date is Nov 19 2020, so I booked. Nov 19 2020 came, but I did not go as Igrin) for the support and comradeship offered so freely.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Natalie27: 2:26pm On Dec 19, 2020
I was told same and then I had to do another urinalysis test the next day because of high levels of protein in my urine and it wasn’t free. When I did my research I discovered that proteins can leak from your blood into your pee.

So what I did the next day was to pee first , then pee again and submit that one..

quote author=Philips49 post=97188323]Good morning, pls does menstruation affects medicals ? QLIFE says no problem, that screening can still be done during your period , but I remember IOM doesn’t allow. Any body with prior experience? Thanks. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by executivegej: 2:49pm On Dec 19, 2020
Did you get your COPR yet?

sirabbey:

SUMMARY
IELTS Dec 2017
ECA April 2018
2nd Profile April 2019
Alberta NOI May 2019
ITA Aug 12, 2019
AOR Aug 19, 2019
MEP July 2019 (upfront)
BIL completed Sept 2019
Long silence
1st GCMS Dec 2019
2nd GCMS July 2020
3rd GCMS Oct 2020
PPR Dec 17, 2020.
AOR to PPR 16 months

JOURNEY EPISTLE

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sirabbey(m): 3:04pm On Dec 19, 2020
executivegej:
Did you get your COPR yet?

Not yet. Document enroute London currently. I will update when that happen.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lao4389: 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2020
sirabbey:

Not yet. Document enroute London currently. I will update when that happen.
Congratulations @Sirabbey
I also got the mail from Hong Kong saying application approved and I should have received passport request letter.. that was on Dec 11, yet no PPR still.
Please was it an email you sent to CIO OR WEBFORM?
Do specify so I can do same... Don't know what to say about that Accra VO.. God should sort them out for our sake.. it is well...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 19, 2020
Iyamarun:
Hello pls does anyone have a sample of client/customer reference letter?

Thank you!!!

Assume you mean for self employed people. Read here:

https://www.nairaland.com/5031893/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/183#76836965

She joined a self employed group on canadavisa.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sirabbey(m): 4:29pm On Dec 19, 2020
Lao4389:

Congratulations @Sirabbey
I also got the mail from Hong Kong saying application approved and I should have received passport request letter.. that was on Dec 11, yet no PPR still.
Please was it an email you sent to CIO OR WEBFORM?
Do specify so I can do same... Don't know what to say about that Accra VO.. God should sort them out for our sake.. it is well...

Copy out the mail sent to you by Hong Kong or snip out the part where it is written that you file is approved and you should have received PPR. Then raise a webform telling them that you are yet to get the letter and ready to travel. Raise 2 webforms, One to Hong Kong (secondary VO) another one to Accra (I presume AVO is your primary VO) on each form attach the email you got from Hong Kong as evidence. Finally send a mail to CIO with the same attachment. It is an indictment of AVO sloppiness and they will quickly issue you your PPR in less than 3 days as in my case.

All the best.

When you get your PPR, Avoid Accra like a plague. grin grin grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lao4389: 4:32pm On Dec 19, 2020
Thanks.. please what's CIO mail address . If you can't post here, please send to me via email, I sent you a message here...
sirabbey:

Copy out the mail sent to you by Hong Kong or snip out the part where it is written that you file is approved and you should have received PPR. Then raise a webform telling them that you are yet to get the letter and ready to travel. Raise 2 webforms, One to Hong Kong (secondary VO) another one to Accra (I presume AVO is your primary VO) on each form attach the email you got from Hong Kong as evidence. Finally send a mail to CIO with the same attachment. It is an indictment of AVO sloppiness and they will quickly issue you your PPR in less than 3 days as in my case.

All the best.

When you get your PPR, Avoid Accra like a plague. grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sirabbey(m): 4:39pm On Dec 19, 2020
Lao4389:
Thanks.. please what's CIO mail address . If you can't post here, please send to me via email, I sent you a message here...

See their email address attached below.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ovywils: 5:19pm On Dec 19, 2020
Please is the Lagos VFS Office where I will give biometrics in Ikeja or Lekki?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lao4389: 5:32pm On Dec 19, 2020
Plot 110 Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase I, Lagos
Ovywils:
Please is the Lagos VFS Office where I will give biometrics in Ikeja or Lekki?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 5:42pm On Dec 19, 2020
Tundeom:
Good evening, all.

Please, how do I know the status of my health case?
Or how long does it take IOM to send medical report to IRCC?
I was told I will receive a text when my report has been sent, but I haven't gotten any.
Also, I'm asking because I want to request for a copy of the case note. My medicals was on the 30th November 2020. I have tried calling the number on their page, and I have sent an email but I haven't gotten any response.

If there are alternative ways to contact IOM, please do let me know

Thank you.

Wow! We had our medicals with them on that same day and got the notification of submission to IRCC 3days later. Maybe, you should try and visit them if you're worried. Their numbers are as good as those of BC and MOD, basically nonexistent!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Shanzzy(f): 6:11pm On Dec 19, 2020
Congratulations am happy for you. Still waiting since July 2019.

sirabbey:

SUMMARY
IELTS Dec 2017
ECA April 2018
2nd Profile April 2019
Alberta NOI May 2019
ITA Aug 12, 2019
AOR Aug 19, 2019
MEP July 2019 (upfront)
BIL completed Sept 2019
Long silence
1st GCMS Dec 2019
2nd GCMS July 2020
3rd GCMS Oct 2020
PPR Dec 17, 2020.
AOR to PPR 16 months

JOURNEY EPISTLE

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 6:40pm On Dec 19, 2020
Mmamaroon:

Assume you mean for self employed people. Read here:

https://www.nairaland.com/5031893/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/183#76836965

She joined a self employed group on canadavisa.

Thanks sis. I saw your response. Sorry, I haven't been able to get back, so allow me seize this opportunity. Happy weekend!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Tundeom: 6:45pm On Dec 19, 2020
ShoeShineGuy:

Okay, thank you.

Wow! We had our medicals with them on that same day and got the notification of submission to IRCC 3days later. Maybe, you should try and visit them if you're worried. Their numbers are as good as those of BC and MOD, basically nonexistent!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Komed: 7:03pm On Dec 19, 2020
Congrats on your PPR @sirabbey...

Pls can you share the email for Hong kong Vo.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MisterKings(m): 7:55pm On Dec 19, 2020
tysaxmalomo:

Get a university degree, work for a bit, start trying to gather Proof of Funds, ultimately there is no way around it. Even if you get a job (highly unlikely considering that its only SSCE) you only get a certain amount of points. The POFs is a non negotiable part of the journey.

My advise if the SSCE results are really good, you may go the school route and try for full scholarships......

That's the only way I see it happening.

Thanks for your response. I have experience in film making, since we do not have a film course in any university here. I decided to wait until I get money to travel and study.

Now I feel I have wasted my life at 34 married and with a child and now I am interested in traveling and a degree is required, it seems impossible now. Plus going with school is very expensive

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 262
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.