Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,861 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (435) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1359120 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by olamitodotun14: 2:36pm On Feb 07, 2021
Sulee23:

If she has gotten through with R10, I think she should be fine, but let her send it regardless. Has she gotten MEP/BIL?
She’s going to send it regardless. She’s gotten her MEP/BIL. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by olamitodotun14: 2:37pm On Feb 07, 2021
MissMa01:

Send it via webform
Okay, thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by RetiredAdult: 2:40pm On Feb 07, 2021
Balanceiskey:
Hello my seniors in the PR journey, please I have been trying to apply for evaluation on IQAS but the page keeps telling me they have exceeded their intake and would refresh the next morning at 8.15 canadian time (4.15pm) Nigerian time, I have been keeping the time every morning but it's the same old story. I saw online that IQAS stopped receiving applications in November 2020 so I figured that may be the reason for the whole hitch.

However, does anyone have an idea when they will resume application collection because I am sort of depending on them for 10 points o. My husband is a lawyer with no masters and from what I have read from previous threads, IQAS will give him a professional qualification equal to masters in points. Although we have applied for WES evaluation, I am hoping that if IQAS works, we can use it instead. So, does anyone have an idea when IQAS will be back?

Thank you

Hi. I’m a lawyer too. I don’t know much about this journey cos i just started myself. But I do know that the best thing is for your husband to evaluate his LLB using IQAS. I had been trying to start an application since the beginning of January and couldn’t do it until last week Sunday, because of this time issue. It was so frustrating. But i was encouraged on here to keep trying. You have to have a strong WIFI and open the page on multiple browsers and keep trying on all browsers. That’s the advise I was given and it worked. Start trying around 4pm Nigerian time. Even though I was able to register last week, before i could finish registration, i ran out of time and couldn’t pay. So I’ve been trying again all week just to try to pay. It’s not easy but the evaluation as a professional qualification will definitely be worth it. Keep trying!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Eat50: 2:51pm On Feb 07, 2021
Hello Everyone.
Please I need an advice on how to go about doing my medicals. I am travelling to the UK for my master’s program by February ending and I am expecting ITA soon with (CRS 472), But since there has been no draw of recent, I want to ask if I can do my medicals in the UK while using my Nigeria Bank account as POF and also doing police report in Nigeria before leaving.
Note: No available dates to do medical in February b4 leaving.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Loverquin: 2:56pm On Feb 07, 2021
Igethope:

I guess the person must have made this mistake Pre ITA, and probably still maintain the score post ITA. If he still has a great score, let him get back to the pool.

Yes Pre- ITA
Thank u so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Loverquin: 2:56pm On Feb 07, 2021
Mmamaroon:

Do you mean your friend actually got ITA, submitted an eAPR, got AOR and was then rejected?

If so, then I think they need to create another EE profile and wait in the pool to get ITA again, hopefully their CRS is pretty high going by current trends.

If he was just creating an EE profile which was made eligible by the IELTS, then he should create another profile.

Thank u so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Balanceiskey: 3:30pm On Feb 07, 2021
Wow!

Thank you so much for your kind response. I will keep trying and open on different browsers as you have suggested. I pray we'll be able to make successful payments this week (you and I).

RetiredAdult:

Hi. I’m a lawyer too. I don’t know much about this journey cos i just started myself. But I do know that the best thing is for your husband to evaluate his LLB using IQAS. I had been trying to start an application since the beginning of January and couldn’t do it until last week Sunday, because of this time issue. It was so frustrating. But i was encouraged on here to keep trying. You have to have a strong WIFI and open the page on multiple browsers and keep trying on all browsers. That’s the advise I was given and it worked. Start trying around 4pm Nigerian time. Even though I was able to register last week, before i could finish registration, i ran out of time and couldn’t pay. So I’ve been trying again all week just to try to pay. It’s not easy but the evaluation as a professional qualification will definitely be worth it. Keep trying!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by tshtsh: 4:02pm On Feb 07, 2021
Danbam:

I think the main idea is clear. Your scores are enough to enter the pool. When you are in the pool, you stand the chance of being invited (no matter how low your scores are), being selected by a province etc. However, if you are not in the pool, the chances of selection by a province of ITA Is absolutely zero.
You understand now ?

Yes but I'll like to add that while in the pool make an effort to improve your points particularly the language points. A lot of people are interested in this program but seem to misunderstand some points. I'll give an example: A colleague of mine has been keen on applying for this program. He is 31 now and will be 32 in April. He told me about this desperately in august. Till date (6 months later) he is still telling me about how he preparing for IELTS grin as he wants to max it once. He has a masters degree in elect eng and a couple of years of experience but was unaware of the points loss due to age. I brought it to his attention yesterday and he was surprised to hear that. Now hoping that he'll find a test date, ace the test and get an ITA before the april

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 4:17pm On Feb 07, 2021
Eat50:
Hello Everyone.
Please I need an advice on how to go about doing my medicals. I am travelling to the UK for my master’s program by February ending and I am expecting ITA soon with (CRS 472), But since there has been no draw of recent, I want to ask if I can do my medicals in the UK while using my Nigeria Bank account as POF and also doing police report in Nigeria before leaving.
Yes you can do your medicals there , use your NGN bank account
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lagoscooldude: 5:12pm On Feb 07, 2021
duni04:
Hello guys, how's it going?
I'm really curious to know if anyone has any verified info on when next we'll have the FSW or all program draws. I've rummage through the IRCC online portals and the other immigration sites for information on the draws and there's absolute silence. Really strange. Have the draws been suspended indefinitely?
The only person that knows the exact date the FSW draws will resume is God. lol. Trust me, IRCC is so unpredictable so just chill and hope for the best

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by duni04(m): 5:17pm On Feb 07, 2021
Eat50:
Hello Everyone.
I think its best to to do your medicals after you get the Invitation to apply when you are in the UK. I would advice using a Nigerian account for your POF because i think its more difficult, if not impossible, to get reference letters from UK banks addressed to the IRCC. Nigerian banks already have a template for their IRCC letters.
The Nigerian police report is a non-issue as i was able to get mine within a day and while still in the UK. Though I would advice getting it post ITA because it expires after 3months and nobody seems to know when the next draws will take place.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by enesty(m): 5:54pm On Feb 07, 2021
Hello all
Please,My wife has a 2year diploma+bsc while I have a pgd +bsc we are evaluating both to stand as 2 certificate, please I wanted to verify if there's anything we should do before evaluating because I will be paying this week,as I read somewhere that someone with 2certifcate was evaluated as one by Wes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Threemg: 6:08pm On Feb 07, 2021
Do you still wanna come to Canada?���� Carefully prayerfully decide your future home o, Cold get levels. Good morning from yonder

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 6:16pm On Feb 07, 2021
Good evening everyone, please I’ll appreciate anyone who can point me in the direction of the monikers of those who wrote their Work references Themselves due to refusal of work place to issue reference letter to staff.
A friend is in a dilemma and I’m telling her people here wrote their references themselves, she has proof of the email rejecting her request for a reference and also another proof where the company sent an email to all staffs saying no staff should reference another staff as it’s not their duty. She has written her letter herself , attached her payslips, letter of employment, promotion, recent emails between her and her superiors etc please is this sufficient proof ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 6:39pm On Feb 07, 2021
Threemg:
Do you still wanna come to Canada?���� Carefully prayerfully decide your future home o, Cold get levels. Good morning from yonder
but this is also canada too. Must one live in those places with extreme weather

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Threemg: 7:01pm On Feb 07, 2021
ednut1:
but this is also canada too. Must one live in those places with extreme weather

Baba read my post well, nothing like must in my post, pray you do not get your dream offer/job in any of those areas. Trust me many of "our people" leaving/working there didn't plan it either. Laslas na personal choice.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 07, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:
Good evening everyone, please I’ll appreciate anyone who can point me in the direction of the monikers of those who wrote their Work references Themselves due to refusal of work place to issue reference letter to staff.
A friend is in a dilemma and I’m telling her people here wrote their references themselves, she has proof of the email rejecting her request for a reference and also another proof where the company sent an email to all staffs saying no staff should reference another staff as it’s not their duty. She has written her letter herself , attached her payslips, letter of employment, promotion, recent emails between her and her superiors etc please is this sufficient proof ?

The only scenario I remember got a PFL (he was advised to do his ref letter himself here on NL) see here......perhaps others did it and scaled through, let her search through NL and canadavisa a bit more.

https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/349#86405363

https://www.nairaland.com/5031893/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/210#76957448

I wouldn't do it, if it were me.......but if she has no other choice she can add her goals (usually documented at the start of the year) or appraisals (documented year end evidence of what she has actually done), what about a former supervisor who is no longer with the firm, job vacancy for the role she is doing when she applied for it...something...anything....to show duties that are consistent with her chosen NOC......and add an LOE with written evidence from the employer that they will not give details of duties and neither should any other staff.

I would advise her to talk to her supervisor and seek a formal audience with HR maybe even HR head (depending on how important Express Entry is to her), surely it is not outside the remit of a supervisor to say "my subordinate does A, B, C, D". She can use payslips and SOA as evidence of pay and employment letter as evidence position is full time.

A look at this link esp. the last paragraph may help her.

https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/611#91131308

Wishing your friend the best.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nikkienizzie: 7:33pm On Feb 07, 2021
Hennyhorlah2:

@ENIOLA080
I'm also interested in pre ITA groups. Kindly send links
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nikkienizzie: 7:36pm On Feb 07, 2021
Pls I just entered the pool and my score is 465. Seems small to me. Can I apply for provincial nominations from some provinces or do I av to know someone in the provinces before doing that
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:15pm On Feb 07, 2021
Thank you very much mmamaroon, she has tried everything and her supervisors are scared of their bank because the bank recently sent this email : Dear Colleagues,
It has come to our attention that some members of staff write character reference letters on the Bank’s letterhead to other organisations, on behalf of colleagues or ex-staff.
In light of this, please be reminded of the following:
 Character reference letters can only be issued by Human Resources (HR); all such requests should be forwarded to the relevant HR business partner for processing
 The Bank’s letterhead should be used for official (and authorised) purposes only
 Using your official email address and/or the Bank’s letterhead for non- official purposes is strictly against the Bank’s policy.

This email was sent after HR noticed that supervisors were issuing references to staff when HR refused them references.

She has 5 more days to submit because of this issue. I told her to add emails from her bosses detailing her job duty , like two emails per month from the last 12 months. The office refused to write reference or even give bank statement reference to her , they said it’s against their policy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by shadama: 8:34pm On Feb 07, 2021
drnightwish:
Hey guys please is there any medical doctor in the house who has done ECA with MCC.. I really need guidance on the process.. I would love to contact you via email or any other means u prefer. Thanks
Hi. What would you like to know?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by SegunCA001: 8:37pm On Feb 07, 2021
deejayz:

Hi,

We are in the same situation, raised a webform on the 6th and yet to get a response. What I did was do a little research and I found out what the response for addition of spouse was, it's always the same for everybody.

I was able to download the forms and I got all the documents, I sent everything in via webform last week even before getting their response. I also called the call centre to get my Visa Office. I asked the agent if I should raise a new webform directly to my VO but she said there was no need as they would get the one I raised earlier.

I saw someone that said he did this on another forum and they just added his spouse to his application without any questions. So fingers crossed.

My advise is that you get all the forms and documents and send them in, waiting for them to respond might take a while.

Goodluck.

Thanks a lot.

This is very insightful. The challenge now is how did you pay for your Spouse Processing fees? Remember, when we were paying for single, there is a platform where we paid to (Online). So how did you go about that?.

I also intend taking your Route.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 07, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:
Thank you very much mmamaroon, she has tried everything and her supervisors are scared of their bank because the bank recently sent this email : Dear Colleagues,
It has come to our attention that some members of staff write character reference letters on the Bank’s letterhead to other organisations, on behalf of colleagues or ex-staff.
In light of this, please be reminded of the following:
 Character reference letters can only be issued by Human Resources (HR); all such requests should be forwarded to the relevant HR business partner for processing
 The Bank’s letterhead should be used for official (and authorised) purposes only
 Using your official email address and/or the Bank’s letterhead for non- official purposes is strictly against the Bank’s policy.

This email was sent after HR noticed that supervisors were issuing references to staff when HR refused them references.

She has 5 more days to submit because of this issue. I told her to add emails from her bosses detailing her job duty , like two emails per month from the last 12 months. The office refused to write reference or even give bank statement reference to her , they said it’s against their policy

From what I've read here, supervisors are advised to write the duties WITHOUT using the employer's letterhead...... that addresses the bank's email/concerns.

The list of duties is NOT a character reference but if the supervisor refuses to do it on plain paper and attach their ID etc......well...what about a former supervisor?

Does she have goals and appraisals? Those are formal and would have all her duties and roles in one place and would work better than a catalogue of a dozen emails, I think. If all else fails she can do it herself notarise it, write a very clear LOE citing all you have said here and pray for the best.

Matching NOCs is a big deal....you want to make it as easy for the VO as much as possible. See Teamo's PFL and see what the VO said. Others with a contrary experience...pls help

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by SegunCA001: 8:51pm On Feb 07, 2021
MissMa01:

Congratulations and happy married life.
Regarding webform , it takes about a month to get a response from them. I sent one January 13th but no reply yet.
To know your VO you just have to call them, won’t be easy but you can try.

Thanks for this.
I appreciate the response. I raised the Webform on 27th.. so i guess i am still behind on the line.
I will definitely give them a call tomorrow.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by SegunCA001: 8:55pm On Feb 07, 2021
Sulee23:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

We are really in the same shoes. My BIL was updated ysterday, MEP too, Intend to add hubby nextweek. I really would like some answers too. My spouse has a date for medicals nextweek.

BTW, where u able to attach ur marriage certificate when raising webform? The form hasn't been working for a while to add documents.

Yes i was able to attach my Marriage certificate when i raised the normal webform, and also to Accra. However, when i tried raising a webform to Hongkong, I wasnt able to attach as Document.

Guess it could be a glitch in the system.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:25pm On Feb 07, 2021
Mmamaroon:

From what I've read here, supervisors are advised to write the duties WITHOUT using the employer's letterhead...... that addresses the bank's email/concerns.

The list of duties is NOT a character reference but if the supervisor refuses to do it on plain paper and attach their ID etc......well...what about a former supervisor?

Does she have goals and appraisals? Those are formal and would have all her duties and roles in one place and would work better than a catalogue of a dozen emails, I think. If all else fails she can do it herself notarise it, write a very clear LOE citing all you have said here and pray for the best.

Matching NOCs is a big deal....you want to make it as easy for the VO as much as possible. See Teamo's PFL and see what the VO said. Others with a contrary experience...pls help
I’ve told her all this, she’s saying she wants to submit at all cost. She has appraisal but can’t access it till 7am tomorrow morning On the portal. I feel she has a lot to prove because she’s not submitting a reference letter for the work she’s claiming the longest experience for and this is very serious.
At this point my tired is tired. She has been able to tweak her NOC around 2171, this NOC was a serious issue too, because the JD’s given to her doesn’t fit anyone on the NOC site and she was going to use it like that, so I had to tell her to tweak her NOC properly and avoid copy and paste which she eventually did. She doesn’t even want to write a reference letter herself because she feels her employment letter, pay-slips and co will make a case for her, in her words “the information they need on the reference letter is in the documentation she plans to submit”. I was the one who told her to at least wrote something to show
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Sulee23(f): 9:46pm On Feb 07, 2021
[quote author=Debbieeeeeee post=98845981]
I’ve told her all this, she’s saying she wants to submit at all cost. She has appraisal but can’t access it till 7am tomorrow morning On the portal. I feel she has a lot to prove because she’s not submitting a reference letter for the work she’s claiming the longest experience for and this is very serious.
At this point my tired is tired. She has been able to tweak her NOC around 2171.

All this are quite serious, she had 90days, all this should have been envisaged, rushing it at this last minute might cause more mistakes for her than usual, especially when you said she doesn't not have a reference letter for the job she did the longest, i really feel for her, advise her not to submit at all cost, so she dsn't waste her money, I followed the pfl story mmamaroon posted, the person in question was lucky to get some who was able to get her the original school letter headed reference letter which she eventually used. Ircc do not joke with RL atleast from what we have seen here and there. Submitting at all cost is not the best option for her without accompanying documents.

My Office dsn't issue RL, infact the person in charge said the type of Rl I wanted was alien. Back and forth after 1week. I got it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Sulee23(f): 9:47pm On Feb 07, 2021
[quote author=Sulee23 post=98846678][/quote]

All this are quite serious, she had 90days, all this should have been envisaged, rushing it at this last minute might cause more mistakes for her than usual, especially when you said she doesn't not have a reference letter for the job she did the longest, i really feel for her, advise her not to submit at all cost, so she dsn't waste her money, I followed the pfl story mmamaroon posted, the person in question was lucky to get some who was able to get her the original school letter headed reference letter which she eventually used. Ircc do not joke with RL atleast from what we have seen here and there. Submitting at all cost is not the best option for her without accompanying documents.

My Office dsn't issue RL, infact the person in charge said the type of Rl I wanted was alien. Back and forth after 1week. I got it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:11pm On Feb 07, 2021
Sulee23 and mmamaroon thank you very much, after pasting mamaroon’s responses she contacted her supervisor and he said he will give she the letter tomorrow, she will also notarize it tomorrow. I told her to let’s wait and do the right thing Than to submit out of rush rush and I’m glad she’s buying my explanation at least.
Thank you very much again

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 11:52pm On Feb 07, 2021
Debbie you are a good friend.......

.....in case other people are planning to write their reference themselves or even planning to leave out a ref letter altogether in the hope that their employment letter, payslips, ID etc will suffice.

Read this Federal Court Decision:

https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/602#91022987

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Stevepop: 1:20am On Feb 08, 2021
Eat50:
Hello Everyone.
Yes, you can do your med in UK, cost about £330, did mine in December in London, though the price made me wish I was in Nigeria. Better to leave youe POF in naira but ensure you get in touch with your relationship manager to confirm they can provide the letter to you by proxy or via mail to avoid stories when the time comes. You can do the report before leaving but take note that it expires after 3 months, I did mine from the UK, scanned the completed form to a friend who helped in going to Alagbon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.