Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1361929 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by LearnerForLife: 10:03am On May 25, 2021
Good morning all,

Please what NOC Code do you think an in-house counsel should fall under? I am thinking 4112.

Furthermore, if one is a third party staff (contract staff) in a known multinational, is it WISE to state such in the reference letter looking at the fact that the multinational has a strong online presence whereas the contractor/labour provider doesn't have any? Or would stating it to be antithetical to the purpose of the work reference letter? Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Victorius95: 10:35am On May 25, 2021
temmitats:
1)You can pay for your WES first and upload your certificate for BSC and statement of result for Diploma if you have it(I did).
2) You then go to foundation office and ask them to send your diploma results to records office, you must have requested for your transcript via the online portal and paid for it. Records will send both your Diploma results and your transcript together to WES.

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Emmy2009(m): 10:46am On May 25, 2021
abnot:

It is you and only you that knows your financial standing. We don’t know. You have three months after ITA to apply so you can begin to save some money (not necessarily all) and when ITA comes you have three months to grow your funds to a reasonable sum.

Thanks. My question now is, I already have about 2m and could get the rest but keeping the money in the account for long is the issue.
My questions now are.
1. How much should I put in the bank In total. Some people said 6m is enough some said 10m. Mind you, I'm planning to go alone. No wife or kids
2. For how much duration.
3. Should I put the money Once or pay into the account small small
4. Should I put the money in my account or a sponsors account
5. Should I disregard this account thing or just use gift deed or treasury Bill's.
6. If I want to through no 5 route how do I go about it.
Sorry for the numerous questions
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MNTS0(m): 11:46am On May 25, 2021
olamide34:

This news is starting to give me sleepless night �.

Me too o cry embarassed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 25, 2021
Emmy2009:

Thanks. My question now is, I already have about 2m and could get the rest but keeping the money in the account for long is the issue.
My questions now are.
1. How much should I put in the bank In total. Some people said 6m is enough some said 10m. Mind you, I'm planning to go alone. No wife or kids
5. Should I disregard this account thing or just use gift deed or treasury Bill's.
the amount needed is clearly stated on ircc website, some people say this one say doesn't cut it. Just Google proof of funds canada. Nawa o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phabulous88(m): 12:42pm On May 25, 2021
Emmy2009:

My questions now are.

See my previous response here: https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/542#101282927

Whether you land Canada alone or with your family, you need to show POF for your entire family. Google POF requirement online.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 25, 2021
Emmy2009:

My questions now are.

This caught my attention.
Are you married, and do you have a kid/kids?
If yes is the answer, then you provide POF for your family number regardless if they are going with you or not.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Emmy2009(m): 1:32pm On May 25, 2021
Lagbaja88:
the amount needed is clearly stated on ircc website, some people say this one say doesn't cut it. Just Google proof of funds canada. Nawa o

I've gotten that part from Google. But please can u help in answering the other questions
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Emmy2009(m): 2:04pm On May 25, 2021
phabulous88:

See my previous response here: https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/542#101282927

Whether you land Canada alone or with your family, you need to show POF for your entire family. Google POF requirement online.

I am alone and I'm not married or with kids. I just read it and I appreciate the reply.
From what u wrote. It means I can get half of the money in the acc and half in the gift deed. Or am I wrong?
My other question now is, If I'm to put the money in my account, is the 6 months calculated when the amount is complete or not.
For example, if the target amount is 10m. And I put 2m monthly starting from January. Will the 6months start calculating from May( when the amount combined is now 10m) or from January.
Please help with clarification
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 2:05pm On May 25, 2021
Phabbs:
Good day people. Kindly help go through these duties and responsibilities for an Administrative assistant (1241) in a school. Your feedback will be highly appreciated.

You've done an excellent job mapping the NOC to your JD...... my personal opinion is that it works.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Temix(m): 2:12pm On May 25, 2021
phabulous88:

454 is a good score but the last general draw (FSW) was 468 in December 2020. The last time a general draw went below 454 was May 2019 (2 years ago).

I’ll advise you to get into the pool first, and then start looking for ways to increase your CRS score. You can be in the pool and get an NOI from a province or even apply for provincial nominations. But without being in the pool, you can’t do anything.

Another sure way of increasing your CRS score is to write the French exam. If you pass, you gain 60+ points and are guaranteed an ITA in the next general draw.

Best.

Thanks so much for your response. Omo it seems the French thing is the way to go oh, but where can someone like me with really heavy ears even begin. Phew. Like you said I should get in the pool first and start working to increase my points.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by betterbyfar: 2:35pm On May 25, 2021
chiommy63:

Good day all
Please I am so new here and I have lots of questions and would appreciate answers.
Firstly, I have registered with WES and created a profile. At the last part where I am to submit my application is where I stopped.
Now, the issue: I graduated from FUTO and have been trying to go about the transcript but it seems a bit difficult.
Please who has gotten his/her transcript from FUTO? How did you do it? I’m not close to Owerri at the moment.
Secondly, am I to pay for the WES evaluation before getting FUTO transcript?
How much did you guys pay for the WES?
Please someone should put me through, I’m just starting the whole process.
Thanks so much.��

I am new here as well, I will advise you to get someone who is in the school, who can help you go get necessary info from the appropriate office
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by betterbyfar: 2:40pm On May 25, 2021
Emmy2009:

I am alone and I'm not married or with kids. I just read it and I appreciate the reply.
From what u wrote. It means I can get half of the money in the acc and half in the gift deed. Or am I wrong?
My other question now is, If I'm to put the money in my account, is the 6 months calculated when the amount is complete or not.
For example, if the target amount is 10m. And I put 2m monthly starting from January. Will the 6months start calculating from May( when the amount combined is now 10m) or from January.

your six months has to be prior ITA. so if any bulk money comes in and it shows in your statement of account, a letter of explanation should be written to state how that came to be.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phabulous88(m): 3:58pm On May 25, 2021
Emmy2009:

Trust me, by the time you finish writing IELTS and evaluating your credentials (WES, IQAS, etc), 3 - 4 months would have elapsed.

So I'll say put any amount you want now and grow it gradually.

By the time you receive an ITA (at least 3 - 4 months from now cos you're still evaluating your credentials and IELTS), whatever balance is left you can get a gift deed or even get 100% gift deed.

See stories of people who used 70 - 100% gift deed: https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/412#80822331
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by HolyTitus(m): 4:12pm On May 25, 2021
Hi everyone!

I'm an HND grad; civil engineering with Upper credits - currently undergoing NYSC. After NYSC in 5 months time, I'm looking forward to furthering my studies in Canada. But I would love to know the ffl;

1. Which type of visa would you suggest for me?

2. What are my chances of getting the Canadian visa?

3. Total breakdown of costs from the application process till I get to canada?

4. Processes involved ?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Emmy2009(m): 5:09pm On May 25, 2021
phabulous88:

Trust me, by the time you finish writing IELTS and evaluating your credentials (WES, IQAS, etc), 3 - 4 months would have elapsed.

So I'll say put any amount you want now and grow it gradually.

By the time you receive an ITA (at least 3 - 4 months from now cos you're still evaluating your credentials and IELTS), whatever balance is left you can get a gift deed or even get 100% gift deed.

See stories of people who used 70 - 100% gift deed: https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/412#80822331

Thanks a lot for your explanation. You've really calmed me down. Just one last thing. Should I save the money in my personal account or a sponsors account. If its mine, is my naira account good to go.
Thanks a lot for your reply
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by yungfritzzleDee(m): 5:12pm On May 25, 2021
AgreatMan:

I also need the writing material. Can send my email here

Please how can I get the BCS exams practice questions
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phabulous88(m): 5:35pm On May 25, 2021
Emmy2009:

Thanks a lot for your explanation. You've really calmed me down. Just one last thing. Should I save the money in my personal account or a sponsors account. If its mine, is my naira account good to go.

There is nothing like sponsor in Express Entry. Nobody can sponsor you. Funds MUST be readily available to you and MUST be in your account (since it's only you). If your parents wants to support your immigration move, then they should send the money to your account and do you a gift deed. You cannot use your parents account.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

Whether or not you want to use a naira account or dom account is entirely up to you. If you have access to USD, then please put your funds in a Dom account. That way you hedge against the volatility of the naira

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abnot: 5:48pm On May 25, 2021
Emmy2009:

My questions now are.
I’ve read about situations where questions are raised over sudden large deposits without a traceable source. Thus I’ll suggest you either place the funds in a fixed deposit or save up monthly. Assuming you get an ITA in July you can apply in September.
On another note the visa fee, result verification fee and language test fees are all investments you’re making to secure a second residence permit (Canada) thus endeavour not to see placing $10,000 in a low yield account as a loss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by cinammon(f): 5:51pm On May 25, 2021
Emmy2009:

The funds have to be in your account. If you have anyone coming to canada with you, the funds can be in thier account but you will have to prove that you have full access to it. In your case, since you are a lone applicant it has to be in your account. Whatever currency your account is doesnt matter as long as the funds there are equivalent to the amount required as POF.

This POF thing in summary is that you are required to have a certain amount of money (per CIC website) to show YOU can fund yourself when you migrate. It cannot be borrowed (this is why it has to be in your name not any sponsor). To show proof of this fund, you will request for a letter from your bank which will state your present account balance and average balance for the last 6 months. Now what people do when they dont readily have this cash is to build their account. After getting ITA, you will need to submit the bank letter. If you are submiting your application today for example, your bank letter will show average balance from Dec 2020 - May 2021, thats 6 months. Within this 6 months, if you have any bulk deposit it may appear as if you borrowed the money (which is unacceptable). So it means you will have to deal with proving the source of such funds to demonstrate that it is legally yours. This is why people choose to build their accounts before the 6 month period so that a steady balance is reported instead of having fluctuations. Fluctuations are allowed as long as the money is legally yours and not borrowed. Gift deed is an option when you are getting the funds from someone else and you need to show that it was not loaned. Note that this POF is required when you get ITA and when you are issued PR. So you must maintain this balance or more all through the application process since you cant tell when PR will come through.

From your initial questions, its clear you have not digested the whole process. All answers to your questions are on page one of this thread. I know you have heard this often and you may think its time wastage, but this whole immigration process is a personal journey so you really need to make time to digest all the info required, you will find that its actually easy and straight forward. Another thing is, any slight mistake can get your application rejected so if you keep relying on people's view instead of doing a self study you might be setting yourself up.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Glowing1: 9:11pm On May 25, 2021
Pls, I need y'll input. My company has a branch in Canada, I'm thinking of seeking a transfer. Just maybe it might be granted. My questions are 1. Do I need IELTS if my company does everything? 2. Is Canada still accepting people this covid period? Has anyone traveled lately through express entry?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by iReina: 9:18pm On May 25, 2021
Guys I am back again and this time I'm crying.
We raised a webform and submitted documents to support the work experience issue that led us to REVIEW REQUIRED and to the glory of God all our parameters are now PASSED according to the information we were told. In fact my expired medical has been extended.

Then we received a procedural fairness. . It was a questionnaire to prove that our marriage is bonafide. We answered their questions individually as they requested and submitted all relevant pictures. It was majorly history of our relationship and the wedding proper.

It's just been 3 working days we submitted their requests and they came up with what is in the picture below.

We got married in 2019 and hubby left for canada since then...he came home for the wedding.
I am in Nigeria and he's been in Canada ever since (declared on application). I applied for TRV after wedding which was refused then spouse work permit in 2020 and it took them 8months to send their refusal (I shared my frustration on the spouse work permit thread).
November 2020 hubby reapplied for TRV so he could travel but he didn't get PPR until March this year. They smoothly blamed everything on Covid.

I don't know how else they want us to prove we are still very much married. And their requests sounds to me like they assume we live together (which contradicts their previous observation that we haven't lived together after marriage hence why they asked for our history).

They also mentioned "sponsor". Do they mean wedding sponsor or financial sponsor? We never mentioned the word sponsor in our application. How do we approach this please?

As it is, we can only share bank statements showing that he sends me money as per financials. He has his tax filebwith my name on it. We can also get written testimonials from families. My name is on his lease agreement and also insurance in canada ( are these sufficient even though we haven't lived together?).

Any idea how to approach the sponsor part?

Someone should please help me call on moderators to ensure I see your replies. We have just 7 days.

Thank you Guys.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 25, 2021
Glowing1:
Pls, I need y'll input. My company has a branch in Canada, I'm thinking of seeking a transfer. Just maybe it might be granted. My questions are 1. Do I need IELTS if my company does everything? 2. Is Canada still accepting people this covid period? Has anyone traveled lately through express entry?
if your company agrees to transfer you it will be a temporary visa and you have to return back to Nigeria, most Canadian companies are not interested in processing things like that because they have to use an immigration lawyer and many paper work. They prefer you come with express entry and they employ you when you land.

Applications are being processed but ppr have not been issued in a long time, those who have ppr /copr and have relatives in canada can come in.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 25, 2021
Emmy2009:

I've gotten that part from Google. But please can u help in answering the other questions
read page 1 and other post to see how most people do it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Cutiemart: 9:39pm On May 25, 2021
Prisscindy:

Where is that person that was arguing about WES giving bachelor's equivalence if you did a diploma before your degree?

You cannot know it all, so please let people try whatever they can in this journey.

I advised that they should email WES, that a friend of mine got his upgraded even after he was given a 4years bsc equ. but the person was saying otherwise with confidence.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Cutiemart: 9:40pm On May 25, 2021
[quote author=Cutiemart post=102064411][/quote]
[quote author=Prisscindy post=101169032] Exactly, people need to try all they can. It costs nothing to try ones luck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Cutiemart: 9:41pm On May 25, 2021
[quote author=Cutiemart post=102064411][/quote] Exactly, people need to try all they can. It costs nothing to try ones luck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 10:57pm On May 25, 2021
iReina:
Guys I am back again and this time I'm crying.
We raised a webform and submitted documents to support the work experience issue that led us to REVIEW REQUIRED and to the glory of God all our parameters are now PASSED according to the information we were told. In fact my expired medical has been extended.

Then we received a procedural fairness.

We got married in 2019 and hubby left for canada since then...he came home for the wedding.

They also mentioned "sponsor". Do they mean wedding sponsor or financial sponsor? We never mentioned the word sponsor in our application. How do we approach this please?

As it is, we can only share bank statements showing that he sends me money as per financials. He has his tax filebwith my name on it. We can also get written testimonials from families. My name is on his lease agreement and also insurance in canada ( are these sufficient even though we haven't lived together?).

Thank you Guys.

This lady's (Maryke4nny) post will likely be useful, see here for a similar issue she had and all the docs she provided:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/november-2020-aor-join-here.708612/page-171#post-9403555

I will advise you relax first and look at each bullet point in the PFL and respond very clearly and concisely with DOCUMENTARY evidence of each. You seen to have these already - reading your post on the SOWP thread (https://www.nairaland.com/2271485/canada-spouse-open-work-permit/106#95525130).

Even though many spouses live apart these days it may seem odd to IRCC still, I guess. The sponsor part......... just take it to mean your spouse since you are both applying under CEC mainly due to his work experience.

You can update all the docs in the placeholders and also resend them via webform too.

All the best sis.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Upeople: 10:58pm On May 25, 2021
Glowing1:

The company you work for can offer you a position at the branch in Canada & then apply for ICT closed work permit for you ( intra-company transfer). You don’t need IELTS for this; but eventually you would need it to apply for PR.

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.