Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (609) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1362864 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by icehot: 5:25pm On Jun 26, 2021
tannystacey:
Hi everyone, my current CRS score is 493.
I av msc, had Ielts (L-8.5, R-8.5, S-8.5,W-7), and etc.

After waiting all these months, I'm considering applying for pnp, (oinp). But pple are saying my score is too high for pnp. Is it true? Has anyone applied for Ontario pnp recently? What is the CRS score that can apply or is there a range? Thanks.

Nice score! 493? wow! However, I think you should just wait. You stand in a very good position to get ITA once the general draws resumes. I am very sure you will be selected in the next draw. If you apply for OINP, you will need to pay $1500 CAD for the application fees, and with the way the naira is doing like Niagara falls, it could get expensive, although I do not know if the money isn't an issue for you.

Moreover, you need to be invited before applying to OINP, you do not just apply. The score is higher than what OINP are picking at this time.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 5:56pm On Jun 26, 2021
NNjes:

So my VISA and COPR expired last month due to the travel restrictions.

We were asked to redo the Medicals before a new COPR/VISA can be issued.

And yes we’ve checked and they are all fully booked.
I think you should visit the clinic and explain what is at stake.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by tannystacey: 7:24pm On Jun 26, 2021
Emmandu:

Pls what materials did you use to prepare for ielts to obtain this score?

E2 language. Watched a lot of their top viewed videos on YouTube. Also signed up for daily online tutorials on their website and learnt a lot. Then i practiced a lot. Especially writing cos i had 6.5 twice previously. I also submitted my writing for evaluation by ielts trainers on e2language. Then i scheduled a writing tutorial with one of their best teachers, Dr Anna. Writing was d problem for me.
Speaking is about confidence and knowing a little about the popular ielts topics. I got many knowledge ideas from the E2 classes.

FYI, i spent some money for this 1 on1 tutorial, But it was worth it in the end. Good luck

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Imustreturn(m): 8:02pm On Jun 26, 2021
Joshmuch:
use ETX
Biko which one is ETX
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Emmandu(f): 8:47pm On Jun 26, 2021
tannystacey:

E2 language. Watched a lot of their top viewed videos on YouTube. Also signed up for daily online tutorials on their website and learnt a lot. Then i practiced a lot. Especially writing cos i had 6.5 twice previously. I also submitted my writing for evaluation by ielts trainers on e2language. Then i scheduled a writing tutorial with one of their best teachers, Dr Anna. Writing was d problem for me.
Speaking is about confidence and knowing a little about the popular ielts topics. I got many knowledge ideas from the E2 classes.

FYI, i spent some money for this 1 on1 tutorial, But it was worth it in the end. Good luck
Wow! Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by tobe1997: 8:55pm On Jun 26, 2021
tobianthony:

Same thing here , I intend to go to abraka tomorrow morning . I was there last month. Very frustrating.
Hi..pls have they gotten back to you..this delsu pple re smtn else
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by icehot: 10:03pm On Jun 26, 2021
Martinkev:
Hello All.

Is 473 a good CRS score?
There are several people with 470 and above in the pool already. Is it possible they take up to 20,000 people in 1 draw?

Your blood is hot oh! 20k people in one draw?

473 is a good score, as long as it does not reduce due to age.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by icehot: 10:09pm On Jun 26, 2021
lolu1408:
Good evening everyone. I got NOI from Ontario but my POF is not in my account. However, I have asset that I want to sell, would it be an issue if I deposit all the money in my account at once. Thanks

In whose account?

It is not an issue, all you need to do is proper explanation in your Letter of Explanation. Include gift deed if you are getting all or part of your POF from family, sale invoice, payment receipt evidences for sale of assets.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by headhoncho(m): 10:44pm On Jun 26, 2021
grin grin But anything can happen sha .. draw fit surprise us
icehot:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Fibonacci2021: 7:23am On Jun 27, 2021
lola0999:
Fellow future canadians..
I greet you all..
This platform is very informative as anyone that can read the thread carefully doesn’t need an agent..

I have a question..I read where someone raised a concern about his/her POF reducing because of the fall in naira.
Someone responded and said to open domiciliary account is the solution.
Since I was having similar issues I went to open a domiciliary account to lodge the funds..

Now my concern is if there is an express entry draw in the month of July and I am invited,
How do I explain the lump sum in my domiciliary account seeing that it’s a new account ?�

Please how did you get dollars to open a domiciliary account. I want to open a DOM account for POF but exchange rate is a bit over #500/usd, Kindly help as I'd rather not use aboki rate. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by chidi4eze(m): 7:58am On Jun 27, 2021
Please, if your wife earned her degrees before marriage and you want to fill the WES form; which name is right? Her new name(change of name due to marriage) or the name she got the degree with? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by kroy(m): 9:23am On Jun 27, 2021
Use the husband name or the name in the passport.
chidi4eze:
Please, if your wife earned her degrees before marriage and you want to fill the WES form; which name is right? Her new name(change of name due to marriage) or the name she got the degree with? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by lolu1408: 10:23am On Jun 27, 2021
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Olisa222: 10:57am On Jun 27, 2021
Please is it possible to claim work experience with employment letter? The bank has refused to give me reference letter. I also cannot print my statement of account because they closed the account. I worked there for 2 years, NOC B, that should give me points na, I cant just forfeit that. Please guys help, what do I do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 11:05am On Jun 27, 2021
Olisa222:
Please is it possible to claim work experience with employment letter? The bank has refused to give me reference letter. I also cannot print my statement of account because they closed the account. I worked there for 2 years, NOC B, that should give me points na, I cant just forfeit that. Please guys help, what do I do?

See screenshot...especially bold....NOC must match job description.

Also read the Checklist on page 1 (in section "SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION (eAPR) for what IRCC requires in a reference letter.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 27, 2021
Fibonacci2021:

Please how did you get dollars to open a domiciliary account. I want to open a DOM account for POF but exchange rate is a bit over #500/usd, Kindly help as I'd rather not use aboki rate. Thanks
you only have access to aboki rate. No bank will sell you dollars to convert pof. The earlier you realize the better
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by chidi4eze(m): 12:42pm On Jun 27, 2021
kroy:
Use the husband name or the name in the passport.
okay. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Martinkev(m): 3:06pm On Jun 27, 2021
icehot:

Lol. I wan japa abeg. I don tire.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by BenedictStinson(m): 4:03pm On Jun 27, 2021
Imustreturn:
Biko which one is ETX
An electronic method of sending transcript
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Itunumore1(f): 6:49pm On Jun 27, 2021
Wow! nice score you've got kiss kiss kiss shocked.
How did you accumulate this score please?
Do you have Canadian work experience or Canadian education?

tannystacey:
Hi everyone, my current CRS score is 493.
I av msc, had Ielts (L-8.5, R-8.5, S-8.5,W-7), and etc.

After waiting all these months, I'm considering applying for pnp, (oinp). But pple are saying my score is too high for pnp. Is it true? Has anyone applied for Ontario pnp recently? What is the CRS score that can apply or is there a range? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 27, 2021
Rpearl9:

Please how did it go?
You did not return to update us.
WES did not evaluate my ICAN ACA, only my ATS and BSc which qualified me for two or more degrees.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abnot: 8:08pm On Jun 27, 2021
Martinkev:
Hello All.

Is 473 a good CRS score?
There are several people with 470 and above in the pool already. Is it possible they take up to 20,000 people in 1 draw?

Nobody knows what IRCC is thinking but its safe to say that the first few FSW draws will see a very high score but will eventually settle around 470 before the year runs out . For those in the 460s they should consider applying to PNPs as a backup

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abnot: 8:13pm On Jun 27, 2021
lola0999:
Fellow future canadians..
I greet you all..
This platform is very informative as anyone that can read the thread carefully doesn’t need an agent..

I have a question..I read where someone raised a concern about his/her POF reducing because of the fall in naira.
Someone responded and said to open domiciliary account is the solution.
Since I was having similar issues I went to open a domiciliary account to lodge the funds..

Now my concern is if there is an express entry draw in the month of July and I am invited,
How do I explain the lump sum in my domiciliary account seeing that it’s a new account ?�

I've read about people getting procedural fairness letter to explain sudden lumps sums . I suggest you stick to naira if your savings/income is in naira and you have very limited time between now and when you'd submit your application
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MrRomanticLover: 8:14pm On Jun 27, 2021
abnot:

Nobody knows what IRCC is thinking but its safe to say that the first few FSW draws will see a very high score but will eventually settle around 470 before the year runs out . For those in the 460s they should consider applying to PNPs as a backup

I agree with you. there was ample time for people to improve their scores hence there would be a lot of people with high scores in the pool.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by headhoncho(m): 10:48pm On Jun 27, 2021
Don’t neglect the fact that scores will also be dropping as a result of age and other factors.. so it’s a two way thing. I do not think the scores will be higher than 475/478 for the first few fsw draws.. and I believe there will still be 460s draws all in this year ��
abnot:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Kennybx: 11:14pm On Jun 27, 2021
Hey guys. Got a CRS score of 478. Concerning POF, can one use a fixed deposit account or send cash to a savings account that's been active but without funds since January? I don't want to use my salary account, very inconsistent with cash flow. My focus is a savings account that just got funded to $12000 CAD viable in the same month after getting ITA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 1:33am On Jun 28, 2021
Kennybx:
Hey guys. Got a CRS score of 478. Concerning POF, can one use a fixed deposit account or send cash to a savings account that's been active but without funds since January? I don't want to use my salary account, very inconsistent with cash flow. My focus is a savings account that just got funded to $12000 CAD viable in the same month after getting ITA?
they may ask you for source/trail of that fund. Gift deed solves this easily

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Idemujoseph: 8:07am On Jun 28, 2021
Good morning great people!
Please, kindly advise me:
(1) I worked in a Cooperative Society For some years but the firm is registered with Delta State Government and not CAC. I was paid in cash and the Cooperative have no Internet presence.
Can I claim work experience from the Cooperative?
(2) I am presently working in a Small Retail
Store as the Store Manager but the Store has no internet presence and no CAC Registration.
Can I claim work experience from the the store?
PLEASE KINDLY ADVISE ME!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Kennybx: 9:06am On Jun 28, 2021
ednut1:
they may ask you for source/trail of that fund. Gift deed solves this easily

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 10:39am On Jun 28, 2021
Idemujoseph:
Good morning great people!
Please, kindly advise me:
(1) I worked in a Cooperative Society For some years but the firm is registered with Delta State Government and not CAC. I was paid in cash and the Cooperative have no Internet presence.
Can I claim work experience from the Cooperative?
(2) I am presently working in a Small Retail
Store as the Store Manager but the Store has no internet presence and no CAC Registration.
Can I claim work experience from the the store?
PLEASE KINDLY ADVISE ME!

Page 1 is your plug.

Read Skilled Work Experience (in section "ELIGIBILITY" ) for what passes as work experience as per IRCC.
Read Checklist (in section "SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION (eAPR)) for what IRC C requires in a reference letter.
Read Cash Salary Certificate (in section "SAMPLE DOCUMENTS" ) if you were paid in cash and want to provide something to prove it.

According to the checklist, CAC is usually only required for self employed peeps but some applicants have provided it as "jara" where the company that employed them has no online presence. If employer has no online presence and no CAC, this may help: https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/547#101396852
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by seunlek: 11:43am On Jun 28, 2021
pearllee:

I'll advise that you contact the company Compunet, they're the only accredited company licensed by BCS to do training and conduct exams... I tried using some training centers only to realize that all the books and questions we were working on was from Compunet and how we got to know was that, for some reasons, Compunet found out and threatened to sue them... That's how they ran and they didn't even give us a refund cry... You can find them on IG- compunetlimited
I agree with you on this! I had a similar experience also from the wrong tutors all using Compunet materials for training. I will advise anyone that desires to get quality training to attend Compunet physical or online training sessions. Also, they are the only organization with BCS for over 7 years as the Approved center. BCS also send all certificate to Compunet for collection. It's easier to get all you need as regards BCS Nigeria at one location. Compunet all the way...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by tannystacey: 1:34pm On Jun 28, 2021
Itunumore1:
Wow! nice score you've got kiss kiss kiss shocked.
How did you accumulate this score please?
Do you have Canadian work experience or Canadian education?

Nope.
But i have a sibling based in CA, and I'm still under 30. Then Ielts was actually the game changer. Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.