Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (667) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1367444 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 12, 2021
bigdemo:

He as secured a job and contract agreement was sent to me before he applied for the work permit
he secured a job for you. You didnt do any interview or got lmia. Abeg comot for here lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bigdemo(m): 9:03pm On Aug 12, 2021
Lagbaja88:
he secured a job for you. You didnt do any interview or got lmia. Abeg comot for here lol
I have a LMIA, immigration clearance and CAQ
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 9:18pm On Aug 12, 2021
sweetoma:
Meanwhile your hashtags #ILoveIRCC lmao.

Please send me some of your positive energy.

Positive energy, courtesy..... the joy of the Lord.....

I really do love IRCC, I just don't like how they've been behaving lately grin

Hang in there!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lahun: 9:23pm On Aug 12, 2021
What's immigration clearance? Never heard of that. What does CAQ have to do with a work permit?

bigdemo:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by littyprincess: 9:31pm On Aug 12, 2021
GraciousWords:

I get your point/angst......but

1. There is such a thing as personal preference....same thing as people buying foreign education instead of schooling in Nigeria. Or buying Calpol for kids instead of Emzor. I like what I like and I don't like what I don't like grin

2. That personal preference is often decided by the substandard nature of Nigerian products and/or processes e.g. even though I took the vaccine, I cannot say with my full chest that the vaccines were stored optimally as they would have been done abroad not because we are bad and they are good but because we don't have the checks and balances that they have abroad. For example, even if they didn't want to confess to their inefficiencies in approving applications they are bound by their laws to provide that information.....ATIP.

Don't let's talk about timelines and Nigeria....have you not met people who spent 7 years on a 4 year Uni degree, abeg leave matter? If Canadian inefficiency tiya you, withdraw your app and live with the Nigerian one nau.

These and many more are the reasons we are all trying to japa. Nothing wrong with being patriotic o but as we are crying we should still be seeing road. The abroad has it's own issues, it's not utopia but some things are clear done/coordinated better there.

By the way, if you want the full gist on your app, order GCMS notes...https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/643#104080818

#IComeInPeace
#OttawaGangof2019
#RamblingsOfAnApplicant
#19Months...MyNameIsPatience
#ILoveIRCC grin
Omg!!!!! Thank you for saying this!!!! I was trying my best not to respond to that person when I saw his/her comment. Let’s not deceive ourselves. I don’t trust anything that has to do with Nigeria. The vaccines in Nigeria might be the same with the ones here in Canada but like you said, do we know how they stored them? Truth is a lot of us are wicked, corrupt and greedy. The same people that were hoarding ordinary indomie that was to be distributed during a pandemic are the same people you want me to trust with vaccine? Who knows if they’ve even switched the vaccines? They might have kept the real vaccines in some warehouse even. At first, I wasn’t going to take the vaccine right now, but I had to take it here in Canada because I was visiting Nigeria and I didn’t want a situation where I would be stuck in naija and have to take it there. Me I don’t want them to mistakenly inject me with acid in that Nigeria abeg. I rather risk taking the vaccine here in Canada than in Nigeria because Canada cares more about its citizens/residents! If 5,000 people die from vaccine mistakes/complications in Nigeria, best believe the government wouldn’t care or blink an eye! But here in Canada, before they allow the vaccines to be used on anybody, best believe that they have educated the medics on the processes. Infact, you can be sure you’re in the best hands. He also spoke about Canada not being able to honor timelines, I’m sorry and I also know how frustrating it can be. But Canada is doing what any sane country does best which is looking out for its citizens/residents. Are you expecting them to let millions of people into the country during a deadly pandemic? Don’t you know that’s putting Canadians at risk? I feel like we are even the cause of our suffering because during the pandemic, they were mostly still approving applications and issuing COPRS. They just said don’t travel but we nor Dey hear word. People continued traveling. Of course, they had no option than to completely halt the ppr/copr issuing process. We are only reaping the benefits of not following laid down rules. I was just shaking my head at people that were looking for ways to fly all the way to Cotonou, US, ghana just so they could enter Canada. If you don’t come to Canada immediately, would you die? Is Canada running away? If we had followed the rules and not traveled at that time, they wouldn’t have stopped issuing coprs and most people would have been traveling now that the restrictions are lifted but now everyone has to wait till God know when for them to first issue coprs.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bigdemo(m): 9:33pm On Aug 12, 2021
Lahun:
What's immigration clearance? Never heard of that. What does CAQ have to do with a work permit?
CAQ Certificate of acceptance to work in Quebec, for foreigners that wants to work in Quebec

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 12, 2021
bigdemo:

naso. What is immigration clearance and caq
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bigdemo(m): 9:42pm On Aug 12, 2021
Lagbaja88:
naso. What is immigration clearance and caq
Certificate of acceptance to work in Quebec
For foreigners that wants to work in Quebec

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by iamTS(m): 1:50am On Aug 13, 2021
iamTS:
Hi everyone,

I am currently updating my EE profile. I had done WES evaluation for my Bachelor's degree in 2017 and just recently done another WES evaluation for my Master's degree.

Would I need to include both degrees in my Education history or just indicate the highest degree (Master's)?

Please share your thoughts on this. Thanks

RT
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 3:16am On Aug 13, 2021
iamTS:

RT
any one works. Its still same point if you put msc alone or msc plus bsc. Not an issue

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by cc150615(f): 10:15am On Aug 13, 2021
Y'all should not come for me o, but let's not be quick to shout scam scam scam every time we hear agent.
I agree there are many fake agents but there are still legitimate ones and there are ways to verify if what an agent did for you is legit.
if its with a job offer, you can always contact the company directly to verify. plus many other tests to check legitimacy.
Just saying we should not let our fear of scammers make people lose legitimate opportunities.
Lastly; no, I am not an agent.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Seankay323: 12:18pm On Aug 13, 2021
please how long does unilag transcript take to send to wes?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Indigbo: 12:25pm On Aug 13, 2021
Please what is the best way to move to Canada for a 49 years old woman with over 20 years as a Nigerian Custom Officer, married with 3 children? Where can she apply for jobs in Canada? Has visited UK before.?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 13, 2021
bigdemo:

Certificate of acceptance to work in Quebec
For foreigners that wants to work in Quebec
so you got a job in Quebec without interview or even knowing how to speak French. Keep falling for scam

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 13, 2021
Indigbo:
Please what is the best way to move to Canada for a 49 years old woman with over 20 years as a Nigerian Custom Officer, married with 3 children? Where can she apply for jobs in Canada? Has visited UK before.?
investment visa- 40m to 60m investment.

Get usa visa cross to Canada by road. File for asylum ( no guarantees).

Unfortunately most Canada pathways are looking for younger people or people with special skills. Customs work is done by secondary school graduates here. Ao not a specialized skillset

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 13, 2021
cc150615:
Y'all should not come for me o, but let's not be quick to shout scam scam scam every time we hear agent.
I agree there are many fake agents but there are still legitimate ones and there are ways to verify if what an agent did for you is legit.
if its with a job offer, you can always contact the company directly to verify. plus many other tests to check legitimacy.
Just saying we should not let our fear of scammers make people lose legitimate opportunities.
this is why people fall for scams. We should call agents and scammers out. How many people do you know that has actually gone to Canada with work permit from Nigeria Its only common sense. Indians and Chinese are runshing it with 40k usd but you believe a Nigerian agent will do it for you for 1m to 3m. That is stupidity . Nigerians stop falling for scammer agents

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Upeople: 5:03pm On Aug 13, 2021
cc150615:

How many of these Agents are licensed and regulated by Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council ( ICCRC )? If you are working with unlicensed Agent/Consultant you are committing a fraudulent act and you are 100% responsible for what they put or do not put in your application. According to Canadian immigration law; any person that provides immigration services for a fee must be licensed and regulated by ICCRC ( except Lawyers that are registered in any of the provinces). Only Canadians and PRs are eligible to sit for the exam and obtain the license.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abnot: 5:43pm On Aug 13, 2021
joselekas:

Because the ones here are substandard right? We are our worst enemies. We deride and denigrate anything put up by our institutions as if the ones done by foreigners are always better. This same Canada cannot honor timelines and we still make excuses for them. AORs of 2019 are still languishing in pain. Imagine if it's a Nigeria institution.

FYI, the same vaccines that Canada imported, are the same we have here. We even have a barcode on the vaccination card that can be read on the go for ease of authentication.

Well
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Onedimple: 5:49pm On Aug 13, 2021
joselekas:

Because the ones here are substandard right? We are our worst enemies. We deride and denigrate anything put up by our institutions as if the ones done by foreigners are always better. This same Canada cannot honor timelines and we still make excuses for them. AORs of 2019 are still languishing in pain. Imagine if it's a Nigeria institution.

FYI, the same vaccines that Canada imported, are the same we have here. We even have a barcode on the vaccination card that can be read on the go for ease of authentication.

Many foreign countries are better than your Nigeria or UAR. Please withdraw your PR app if you love your Nigeria so much. No be stress.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abnot: 5:51pm On Aug 13, 2021
Onedimple:

Many foreign countries are better than your Nigeria or UAR. Please withdraw your PR app if you love your Nigeria so much. No be stress.
I know you may have been disappointed by Nigeria many times but regarding the covid vaccines donated to Nigeria the value chain was well monitored and regulated . I took my shot in April as I was worried about contacting the virus.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Onedimple: 5:51pm On Aug 13, 2021
abnot:

Well

I sha don't like the way people like to complain about Canada and would still refuse to withdraw their PR application.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Onedimple: 5:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
abnot:

I know you may have been disappointed by Nigeria many times but regarding the covid vaccines donated to Nigeria the value chain was well monitored and regulated . I took my shot in April as I was worried about contacting the virus.

Oga I have lived in Nigeria and I live here in Canada, I can tell you that, The Naija System cannot be trusted.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Onedimple: 5:57pm On Aug 13, 2021
I waited for 2 years before COPR, and I am glad that I did not give up. It was worth it. I get the frustration, and my prayer is that, things get back to normal with the processing because of the lots of investments that people have put into the process.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abnot: 6:01pm On Aug 13, 2021
Upeople:

How many of these Agents are licensed and regulated by Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council ( ICCRC )? If you are working with unlicensed Agent/Consultant you are committing a fraudulent act and you are 100% responsible for what they put or do not put in your application. According to Canadian immigration law; any person that provides immigration services for a fee must be licensed and regulated by ICCRC ( except Lawyers that are registered in any of the provinces). Only Canadians and PRs are eligible to sit for the exam and obtain the license.
People are desperate. Even things a common knowledge are ignored because people are desperate. I’ve encountered a few . When I try to discourage them from adopting short-cut routes they get annoyed and attack lol .
Last year I met a man who was trying to recruit young Nigeria software engineers for a project in Canada . He was offering some of them as low as CAD36,000 per annum. I told one of them to bargain better as he was well placed career wise in Nigeria and he said the job comes with a work permit and he will accept even CAD10,000 to leave Nigeria. That’s how desperate people are. Eventually they were all (the recruited) placed in contact with an immigration lawyer who charged them $4000 each . Many of them went to the black market to source for dollars and paid . One year now they are still being told about IRCC delays and border closure. Grown men in their 40s are returning to study at mushroom universities in U.K. just to be able to get the post study work visa. They are also taking along with them their families with the hope that they’ll get a job and permanent resident status after their studies.
My hope is that everyone will be patient enough to make concrete plans before migrating

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abnot: 6:11pm On Aug 13, 2021
Onedimple:

Oga I have lived in Nigeria and I live here in Canada, I can tell you that, The Naija System cannot be trusted.
I have also lived in Nigeria , Scotland ans USA. It’s not about where you live or have lived . I followed up with the vaccine delivery and distribution (first and second batch) in 2020. That does not mean everyone will have confidence in the program, if you don’t have fine. It’s not about where you’ve lived . Living in Canada and Nigeria doesn’t mean you know everything. The people who handled the vaccine program in Nigeria ( chikwe of ncdc , enahire of fmoh , mamora of fmoh, faisal shuaib of primary health care agency, Sani aliyu formerly of naca ) were all trained and excelled in their careers in the both Nigeria , South Africa , USA and U.K.
I only wrote what I wrote to encourage some people who may have been skeptical about the vaccine program . At the end individuals will make their decisions .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by yunqdady: 6:26pm On Aug 13, 2021
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Onedimple: 6:32pm On Aug 13, 2021
abnot:

I have also lived in Nigeria , Scotland ans USA. It’s not about where you live or have lived . I followed up with the vaccine delivery and distribution (first and second batch) in 2020. That does not mean everyone will have confidence in the program, if you don’t have fine. It’s not about where you’ve lived . Living in Canada and Nigeria doesn’t mean you know everything. The people who handled the vaccine program in Nigeria ( chikwe of ncdc , enahire of fmoh , mamora of fmoh, faisal shuaib of primary health care agency, Sani aliyu formerly of naca ) were all trained and excelled in their careers in the both Nigeria , South Africa , USA and U.K.
I only wrote what I wrote to encourage some people who may have been skeptical about the vaccine program . At the end individuals will make their decisions .

You see where we are different from one another... I wasn't talking about individuals but referring to how the system is not working in Naija. But all the same, I wish you and everyone on this journey all the best of God. Peace.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Jellos: 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2021
Lagbaja88:
scam scam scam
There are some agents that does genuine ones...so not every agents are scam...mind you i am not an agent and wouldn't refer anyone

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by kcosam: 6:49pm On Aug 13, 2021
Hello Elders in the house, Please I have been trying to login to my EE profile since yesterday after accepting a nomination and doesn't go pass continue and it will take me back to the start. I tried different browsers, used both phone and laptop and even cleared my cache and history still the same thing kept happening over and over again. Pls what can I do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 13, 2021
Jellos:
There are some agents that does genuine ones...so not every agents are scam...mind you i am not an agent and wouldn't refer anyone
how many people have successfully gone through them that you know . The legit ones will charge you 4000k cad for processing and information that you can find online. Even if you don’t qualify they will still take your money and leave you hanging

(1) (2) (3) ... (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.