Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,425 members, 7,812,249 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (724) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1360323 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Richdee1(m): 11:04am On Oct 26, 2021
Riahmah:
Good day everyone. I don’t know if this is the right place to drop this but let me just try my luck�. So I got an invitation to submit an application for permanent selection after submitting an EOI to Quebec and this will cost me 998CAD. I’d like to know if there’s anyone here who has gone through this process or knows one or two things about this process and how sure is the Certificate of Selection after paying that amount and how long does it take before getting this certificate?

I already read a lot on google but I need personal experience or at least hear other people’s opinions. Thank you

You sabi speak french?
Hope you know that's the basics
It's a french speaking commission and to get job easily is if you're vast in the language

That's why we hardly tick it when applying for Express entry

Well you can pay and start it and tell us how it goes
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 1:35pm On Oct 26, 2021
Riahmah:
Good day everyone. I don’t know if this is the right place to drop this but let me just try my luck�. So I got an invitation to submit an application for permanent selection after submitting an EOI to Quebec and this will cost me 998CAD. I’d like to know if there’s anyone here who has gone through this process or knows one or two things about this process and how sure is the Certificate of Selection after paying that amount and how long does it take before getting this certificate?

I already read a lot on google but I need personal experience or at least hear other people’s opinions. Thank you

Almost all of us here are Express Entry folk.

After you get an CSQ from Quebec you still need to submit an application to IRCC for PR, read here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/quebec-skilled-workers.html

For personal experience on Quebec, maybe check here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/quebec-skilled-worker-federal-stage-after-csq.298038/

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 2:00pm On Oct 26, 2021
Richdee1:

You sabi speak angry grin french?
Hope you know that's the basics
It's a french speaking commission and to get job easily is if you're vast in the language

That's why we hardly tick it when applying for Express entry

Well you can pay and start it and tell us how it goes
Congratulations
you don start again ba. Quebec has its own immigration and not part of express entry. You never even graduate from school this guy

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 3:15pm On Oct 26, 2021
ednut1:
you don start again ba. Quebec has its own immigration and not part of express entry. You never even graduate from school this guy
Lmao I can’t laugh abeg
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by kimewills(f): 3:28pm On Oct 26, 2021
ednut1:

I'm sorry but this is hilarious...haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 3:51pm On Oct 26, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Lmao I can’t laugh abeg
grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by littyprincess: 5:29pm On Oct 26, 2021
Who’s seen the news yet? We have a new immigration minister. Trudeau has unveiled his new cabinet. Mendicino has been replaced by Sean Fraser. I wonder what good/bad things this change could bring. Lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by femiolorun(m): 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2021
Thanks for your response, if you are used to MPNP, the critical point here is manitoba demand, which has 500 point, how will someone cross this bridge
ednut1:
, they will send you LAA if you meet the requirements or points they are looking for na
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by femiolorun(m): 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2021
Im still in the provicnce pool ooo, the last draw wss 716point

Caddy123:
By application.

quote author=femiolorun post=107007917]Good morning pls, can you advise how you got your province nomination please,

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by femiolorun(m): 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2021
This is a good option, can you advise so that we follow

babakb:

Talking about French angry angry angry

Hmmm, I had to start learning French in January this year even with my very tight schedule at work, I must tell you it's not easy, you have to be very patient and read very well, I intend to attempt TEF in February next year, I'm not even sure if I can hit CLB 7 in TEF yet but at least I can obtain CLB 5 to start with.

If you can start French classes that will be very nice, we all know how important being bilingual is, not just for Canada alone but globally.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by femiolorun(m): 5:53pm On Oct 26, 2021
Can we form nrw group, for those looking at PNP maybe we can get someone with better info. You could creat a group and add pls

olaintel:
Hello, Does anyone know any PNP group i can join?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 7:02pm On Oct 26, 2021
femiolorun:
Im still in the provicnce pool ooo, the last draw wss 716point

you have relatives or friends there
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 7:05pm On Oct 26, 2021
littyprincess:
Who’s seen the news yet? We have a new immigration minister. Trudeau has unveiled his new cabinet. Mendicino has been replaced by Sean Fraser. I wonder what good/bad things this change could bring. Lol
good news, the former guy should be arrested and tried for crimes against humanity. There is labour shortages everywhere in Canada now as the country relies on immigrants. Their citizens are not giving birth as they should. dog mums, cat lovers and plant mums is now the in thing

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by femiolorun(m): 7:20pm On Oct 26, 2021
Relative but check this check list and see where the point are hidden

ednut1:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by femiolorun(m): 7:22pm On Oct 26, 2021
Since you base in ontario, what do you advise, can you drop your contact for more detail

ednut1:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by EsoEso: 7:23pm On Oct 26, 2021
ednut1:
good news, the former guy should be arrested and tried for crimes against humanity.

No doubt his input during this COVID-19 era was way off. I hope the new minister would bring in new positivity to the process and hopefully things go back to the way they used to.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MODAY1Ali(m): 7:49pm On Oct 26, 2021
Good evening future Canadians!

Am I the only one afraid of that notorious Accra visa office?

Is there anyway (LEGAL of course) to make sure your profile doesn’t go through there?

If I live in Dubai for example and I make my EE profile and do everything from there would my file still end up in Accra visa office because I’m a Nigerian?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by littyprincess: 9:48pm On Oct 26, 2021
MODAY1Ali:
Good evening future Canadians!

Am I the only one afraid of that notorious Accra visa office?

Is there anyway (LEGAL of course) to make sure your profile doesn’t go through there?

If I live in Dubai for example and I make my EE profile and do everything from there would my file still end up in Accra visa office because I’m a Nigerian?
Honestly, I would say you should just pray for smooth processing instead. Forget about the visa office. There’s people in Accra who got ppr in 2/3 months while Ottawa(which is usually one of the fastest) still has a lot of backlog from 2019 even.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MODAY1Ali(m): 11:16pm On Oct 26, 2021
littyprincess:

Honestly, I would say you should just pray for smooth processing instead. Forget about the visa office. There’s people in Accra who got ppr in 2/3 months while Ottawa(which is usually one of the fastest) still has a lot of backlog from 2019 even.

Ohhh wow thanks for the info.

In addition, does IRCC care if the majority of your proof of funds comes from money your parents gift to you (not loan)? Considering most Nigerians’ salaries are low when converted to hard currencies.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by littyprincess: 11:29pm On Oct 26, 2021
MODAY1Ali:

Ohhh wow thanks for the info.

In addition, does IRCC care if the majority of your proof of funds comes from money your parents gito you (not loan)? Considering most Nigerians’ salaries are low when converted to hard currencies.
No it doesn’t matter. The entire pof can even be gifted to you by your parents.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Openedheavens: 3:03am On Oct 27, 2021
Hi guys, A friend (Ayo) was born outside wedlock. His step father also had a child (Olamide) outside wedlock.
Meaning Ayo and Olamide are step brothers
Olamide is currently in Canada; can Ayo file Olamide as a sibling in Canada?
Is it permissible?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Shokoloko(f): 3:12am On Oct 27, 2021
Openedheavens:
Hi guys, A friend (Ayo) was born outside wedlock. His step father also had a child (Olamide) outside wedlock.
Is it permissible?

If Ayo was formally adopted by Olamide's father, yes. If no, the two men are not related

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 3:12am On Oct 27, 2021
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DeeAO: 6:30am On Oct 27, 2021
Hello

Please I have a question on how I can use gift deed for my POF. I have lived with my Aunt most of my adult years as both parents are late.

How can I go about using her as the provider of my gift deed. Can it only be parents?

Will she be required to provide her bank statements too?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 6:32am On Oct 27, 2021
Openedheavens:
Is it permissible?

Just to be clear, do you mean half brothers where you share a parent biologically OR do you mean step brothers where you are not related biologically but your parents are married to each other?

There is obviously no issue with half siblings (i.e. you share the same mother or father biologically), just provide docs in the link below (search for relative in Canada). For step siblings, in addition to the docs in the link, the parents (Ayo's biological mum and Olamide's biological dad) must still be married to each other.

OLAMIDE'S DAD DOES NOT NEED TO ADOPT AYO.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Allegory(f): 6:39am On Oct 27, 2021
DeeAO:
Hello

Please I have a question on how I can use gift deed for my POF. I have lived with my Aunt most of my adult years as both parents are late.

How can I go about using her as the provider of my gift deed. Can it only be parents?

Will she be required to provide her bank statements too?
No bank statements, she just has to transfer the money to your account and make a gift deed stating that the money is a gift and she doesn't expect to be paid back. You can draft it yourself using the sample on page 1 but its usually better to let a lawyer handle it to avoid mistakes. You'll have to submit both the gift deed and your statement of account showing where she made the transfer. During your application you can also include a letter of explanation describing your relationship with your aunt and why she chose to give you the money.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DeeAO: 6:58am On Oct 27, 2021
Allegory:

No bank statements, she just has to transfer the money to your account and make a gift deed stating that the money is a gift and she doesn't expect to be paid back. You can draft it yourself using the sample on page 1 but its usually better to let a lawyer handle it to avoid mistakes. You'll have to submit both the gift deed and your statement of account showing where she made the transfer. During your application you can also include a letter of explanation describing your relationship with your aunt and why she chose to give you the money.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Successintef: 7:40am On Oct 27, 2021
Our November intake would be starting on soon for A1, A2 and B1.

15,000 naira per month, it will be an effective online class from seasoned tutors.

Personal class is also available.

Do you want to be taught by someone who has written and passed TEF? We also have TEF preparatory class geared towards having more than 65 points in TEF, you will be taught by a tutor who has written and passed TEF

You can contact us on 07017362958
successintef@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by IvyTutors: 8:05am On Oct 27, 2021
Good day All
If you need reading materials for the BCS certificate exam for next year
Do send a PM to me
We offer detailed notes, videos and past questions
All for a fee
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 8:29am On Oct 27, 2021
there is a pnp thread where you can get necessary info, why not check for it?

femiolorun:
Can we form nrw group, for those looking at PNP maybe we can get someone with better info. You could creat a group and add pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.