Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. (1363 Views)

Learn A Technical Skills &start Making Money With LYNDA / How Are Brains Different From Computers? / Would You Like To Create Cartoons? , Then Join Me !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by harmargedon: 5:40pm On Sep 26, 2020
Abasman008:
yeah ..I plan the aerofoil to be as aerodynamic as possible.. that's why I want the landing gears to be retractable... Propably a carrier wing or shoulder wing depending on what we choose... The tails too will play a crucial role..and I guess we'll adopt the v tail.
OK. then it leads us to the next step, the engine.
Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Abasman008(m): 6:50pm On Sep 26, 2020
harmargedon:
OK. then it leads us to the next step, the engine.
like most propeller aircraft it'll be an air cooled engine in the range of 150 hp.. the engine will drive varying pitch propeller (consult pictures). The first picture has a wooden fixed pitch proppeller while the second one with multiple blades is varying pitch probably propeller of an Hercules C 130. The difference between the two proppellers is that the fixed pitch prop is not fuel friendly because as you climb highe the oxygen is reducing too meaning the air to fuel ratio is different from the one at sea level. Meaning that at high altitude you have to reduce the fuel consumed by the engine to match the air or the engine will use more fuel than normal and that'll waste fuel and cause smoke and carbon Monoxide build up in the engine block which will affect engine life.. so if you reduce fuel that also reduces the power of the engine meaning the aircraft is going to go slower.
But in variable pitch propller which after I have reduced fuell intake of the engine to rhyme with oxygen I can also change the pitch of the propeller to be able to get more air.. meaning that even when I reduce the fuel, I can still make up for the loss in power because my proppeller can be switched to an angle were the blades still spin as if it were on normal fuel consumption.
Another advantage is if variable pitch prop is that it can be set at a very negative angle to give negative thrust(thrust in opposite direction) and it's good because it'll help slow the plane on landing... So either we'll have to import an engine or convert a mini bus engine to be air-cooled (the engine of a mini bus fits exactly);

Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by ibkdan33: 8:57am On Sep 27, 2020
Please add me I can connect you with someone that can get your dreams actualized 08093627717.
Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Abasman008(m): 8:56pm On Sep 27, 2020
SomonSo should help me get this to front page abeg.
Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Intellab(m): 7:09pm On Oct 05, 2020
Next will be battleship. Its a joke. Nice idea OP.

(1) (2) (Reply)

love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux / Sell Your Bad/spoilt Or Old Laptops For Cash, Not Less Than Pentium M / How Do I Lock My Printer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.