Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? (45491 Views)

My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss / Sugarcane Seller Using POS For His Business - Photos / Checkout What I Saved From My Piggy Bank After 5 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by romunu(m): 8:17pm On Aug 28, 2020
You should tell him,if he throws you out... no problems,if you don’t tell him you will have that guilt in you all your life.
I think you should give him back his money, my opinion sha ooo.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Zenithpeak(m): 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2020
GuyWise101:

I was given a seperate shop to manage and I am really doing fine there, I also gave him 500k and 400k two times when he didn't ask for it, this money I am talking about was the one I saved to use after settlement.

Go and revisit the history of Jacob and Labban.

You will be an unprofitable servant if after sojourn in his business and you have nothing to show for managing a business.

Your over righteousnes will land you in police case and robb you of your start up in life.

You will surely regret it.

Advice: You may stop saving up additional money to it but invest this little one may be in a fixed deposit account and hold it as collateral for any unfortunate situation in the future.

My 2 Kobo.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by SweetCunt97(f): 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2020
oluwatosink:

That amount is much to be looted just like that .
do u know how long he's been saving the profit? Mayb a product is 2k, he sells for 4k..guy that extra 2k belongs to the op.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by SocialJustice: 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2020
GuyWise101:
Please Advice Me

Please NLs advice me, I am serving my Oga what we Igbo people call (Igba boyi) now I am saving his money mostly from profit, I want to use the money to start my business when I am settled and it has reached 1.3m but my mind is telling me to show him the money while the other mind is telling me not to show him the money.

Please advice me on this.
If you didn't steal it from him, the money is yours. Keep it until you gain your freedom and add it to your business.

On the other hand, if you have been stealing from your oga then you should return it.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2020
Get In Touch With Me Bro
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by kalvoken(m): 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2020
GuyWise101:
Please Advice Me

Please NLs advice me, I am serving my Oga what we Igbo people call (Igba boyi) now I am saving his money mostly from profit, I want to use the money to start my business when I am settled and it has reached 1.3m but my mind is telling me to show him the money while the other mind is telling me not to show him the money.

Haba!

Your village people don finally catch you.
See you see village.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Adewoyin4593: 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2020
If you keep the Money from the profit you make in your oga shop daily you don't have to return any money my brother it's your money you're the one that work for it.. but if it's your oga business money you're keeping I will advise u to return the money, because if you don't return the money something like this will happen to u too once you start your own business..
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by OhiOfIhima: 8:19pm On Aug 28, 2020
abbey621:

Did he force anyone to purchase? In a free market, it's all about supply and demand, if you don't like a price, move on to another seller. The only problem here is that he feels guilty for capitalizing on Oga's shop but as long as he sold above what oga told him to, he can pocket the gains. In business the shrewd and diligent often succeed more than the good samaritans!

What a pathetic joke! You mean human sympathy should just lost all in the name of doing business.

Think of hereafter man.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by WriterX(m): 8:19pm On Aug 28, 2020
Hmm
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by TheSociopath(m): 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2020
Return it small small. Don't return everything at once to avoid suspicion
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by jacoik(m): 8:21pm On Aug 28, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Is this sarcasm for for real? He shouldn't save from excess he makes? Mind you he might b adding his own extra price, so he shouldn't save?
even if he add his own extra price, all is still oga �. remember, oga brought him from his father's to come and help him grow his business and after that he will settle him. why can't he save that 1.3m while he was in his parents �. I bet you guy, if that boy serve his master without saving a Kobo from his master, if he is due for settlement, even if his oga give him 10,000 and pray over it ( provided he didn't save his money) watch go far in life.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by ofiko123(m): 8:21pm On Aug 28, 2020
Give your oga his money back... Honesty pays..
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Angelacruz: 8:21pm On Aug 28, 2020
crackhouse:
Give it to him.
it will end in premium tears...all hem politicians DAT have looted our money,how many have the return??
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by dsdwaya: 8:21pm On Aug 28, 2020
At this particular moment it doesn't matter if the money was gotten honestly or stolen. The point is, you don't have to show your boss. He will believe you stashed more. And it can affect your settlement with him. The way you kept quiet till the money reached that amount is the same way you will keep quiet about it.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by ezef2k4(m): 8:21pm On Aug 28, 2020
So much advice for you already. Wisdom is profitable to direct.
1. Stop saving your boss money henceforth.
2. Keep the #1.3m in a savings account.
3. Continue serving your boss faithfully while remitting all his money/profits to him.
4. When you have finished serving him and he has settled you. Then return his money to him with profit.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by bezimo(m): 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
GuyWise101:
Please Advice Me

Better give him his money..if you take it you will be a thief and the curse of the Lord is in the house of the thief...if you use stolen money to start your business it won't end well.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by abbey621(m): 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
OhiOfIhima:

What a pathetic joke! You mean human sympathy should just lost all in the name of doing business.

Think of hereafter man.

Do you think Apple cares about human sympathy when a new iphone comes out? Do you think MTN cares about human sysmpathy when you run out of data? You people are funny grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by kingxsamz(m): 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
undecided
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
You can put the money back into the business without his knowledge. Just like you took it without his knowledge. whenever you make sells you add a bit of the money to it. till it finishes.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by od501: 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
GuyWise101:
Please Advice Me

Nwa Nne...I am Igbo, born and raised in Onitsha, Anambra state. I grew up amid more than 13 apprentices we served my father on different occasions, so I understand how this 'bio' thing works.
First I must acknowledge your sincerity, and will categorically state that what you did is called stealing. That being said, wait till you are settled, then present the money to him and ask for forgiveness.

If you give it back now, trust me, no oga in any part of Igbo land will ever trust you again with his money despite your sincerity. So, since you have committed yourself already, wait till he settles you, then give him back "every kobo you 'stole' from him, and 'apologize'".

My brother, this may seem like the dumpest advise, but trust me when i say that " i have seem shit happen" to those who think they are smarter than their masters! Even if you were settled with 100k, with the right blessing from your master, bro...you will succeed more than someone settled with 5 million. But if you should take your loot with you, my bro.... (Not like I am wishing u bad oo,..but karma is a vindictive bitch!) You go suffer eee!

Again, not every ogas you will steal their money and go Free, they may be silent, but their spiritual Abra gadara is always working in their favour. So do the the needful and return those monies. If possible, go with an elder cos what you did is an abomination (ALU!) no matter how modern youths term to normalize it. But remember, wait till u are settled, cos once you give it to him now, forget it, the trust is gone.

Hope this helps.
By the way, I sincerely respect your ability to speak and write in English, you handly see an nwa boi that does that...lol ...congrat!

No offence oo...lol

3 Likes

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by ozor333(m): 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
If you try it your don finish be that. You better hind the money till the day you will be settled. During my time in trade Fair I save 3.5 m in 8 year s. At end he settles me with 1.5m .
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by chuksbogus2001: 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2020
You have to be careful. If u show that money to your Oga be rest assured that if he wanted to settle you with 2 million before he will give you 500k at the end because he will think that where u brought 1.3 from that their about 4 to 5 million remaining there. If u are not dipping your hand into his money to take those monies but by adding additional profit which ndi Oso ahia dey do then that's OK. Save your money and be useful with it. But showing that money to your Oga will doom you
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Zenithpeak(m): 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2020
GuyWise101:
Please Advice Me

Ecclesiastes 7:16 KJV

Be not righteous over much; neither make thyself over n wise: why shouldest thou destroy thyself?

Voice of wisdom.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Focusmind: 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2020
Very common among "umu boy" in Onitsha. One Abakiliki guy was selling his Oga's goods without people knowing till the thing got busted. He had about 5.7M in bank account from the deal.

Another angle to OP story is that some of these' umu boyi' sells goods above their oga's official price and corner the excess. Some makes huge money from margin sales and keep it to themselves and not necessarily that the Oga's money or goods were stolen.

Take for example, a material of 2k will be sold for 2500 and the nwa boyi will take the N500 and put in his account. For his mind, he delivered to his master what they agreed on. The rest is his own but done mostly without the Oga's knowledge

One chemical company I consults for in PH pays their staff 50% of what ever excess margin made on the normal sales price of their product. A product with sales value of 1m could be sold by a staff for N1.3m. The staff that made the sale will get 50% of N300K.

The difference between the scenario above and OP is that the above scenario is official while in OP case, it is not
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Caris77: 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2020
That your oga opened a branch for you, is for you to grow your independent money making prowess. The answer you seek lies in the fact that as long as you still serve him, every profit made is his .. profit is what grows the business( and you are busy hoarding them)
A boy whom they opened branch for can spend be money from the shop to buy clothes, shoes and things but thats when it's necessary but saving ogas money is out of the equation.
Oga started the business with his money, hence the profits are his. Gosh, you still dey serve..and don't have your own money.
Go and and ask those that saved their ogas money how far. It always ends in tears.
Finally, don't use your hands to destroy your God given future cos of I'll advice and greed. May God bless you as you restitute .
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by peterantai(m): 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2020
Please give it to him. You might not get any reward but that feeling of honesty and Integrity might be what you need for the next level of your life. And also a good name is better than riches.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by bellotaofeek: 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2020
Na your Co Igbo will advise u. Cos we don't do all this master -slave- settlements things !

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by SweetCunt97(f): 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2020
jacoik:
even if he add his own extra price, all is still oga �. remember, oga brought him from his father's to come and help him grow his business and after that he will settle him. why can't he save that 1.3m while he was in his parents �. I bet you guy, if that boy serve his master without saving a Kobo from his master, if he is due for settlement, even if his oga give him 10,000 and pray over it ( provided he didn't save his money) watch go far in life.
Yimu. Silly superstitious belief. Forget that thing.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Angelacruz: 8:24pm On Aug 28, 2020
candidbabe:
He might not settle you well if, you return the money.
He might even send you away without settlement.
Keep the one you have stolen .Henceforth don't steal his money again
thumbs up dear
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by marcelofrancis: 8:24pm On Aug 28, 2020
Guy it's ur decision to make but
If u really wants to return the money I will advice u to return it in bits not at once and also don't tell him dat it's the money u saved for him cos that won't turn out well rather return it bit by bit make it look like the random money u do submit to him or which ever way u deem fit and set mind free
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by peterantai(m): 8:24pm On Aug 28, 2020
Please nairalanders I am new here how do they post on nairaland please help me. How do they tag. Please someone should teach me
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Queenoffucks(f): 8:24pm On Aug 28, 2020
How about I fvck you for some of it?

I mean...fvck you grin

Queenoffucks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Bank Staff Escape Angry Customers By Using The Back Fence To Exit Bank / Banker Friday Ayegba Arrested For Stealing N14.8m From Customer's Account / Photos: Lagos Computer Village Razed By Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.