Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East (38511 Views)

Senate Presidency: Igbo Youths To Hold 2 Million March To Support Orji Kalu / Primate Ayodele: South-East Won’t Get Presidency, Igbo Politicians Are Betrayals / Joe Igbokwe On 2023 Presidency: 'Igbo Candidate Can’t Be Trusted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by kcnwaigbo: 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
Sanchez01:

You aren't communicating. However, let me clear you on why an Igbo president is a pipe dream, at least for now.

1. The PDP is interested in returning to power and will most likely hand over its ticket to a Northerner because they desperately need to win. An Igbo president under the PDP is unrealistic as there is no Igbo politician with a national appeal. Heck, not even one that can win an election outside his state, even in the South East.

2. The APC will most likely retain the seat and understands that the best way to do it is to NOT hand its presidential ticket to someone of the Igbo extraction. Why? Because the North will aggressively reject the idea and the APC will lose the North. Plus, the North is still interested, leaving the battle to the North and South West.

3. Voting Strength: The South East is the least influential region, politically, as far as Nigeria is concerned, which is why the PDP had taken the region for a ride for over 16 years. Both parties know they only need a fraction of the South East vote and then look forward to appealing to the SW for the decider. Knowing the South East is weak vote-wise, it would be foolhardy to entrust the ticket to a region with low voting power.

4. National Appeal: While Tinubu has mastered the art of packaging and winning, one thing 'his' politicians all have in common is a sound profile and a decent amount of popularity outside their region. None of your politicians have that.

5. The North: I hate to say this, but the North will never vote an Igbo candidate, no thanks to history. The level of distrust is so huge that any party that announces an Igbo presidential candidate, as far as the North is concerned has set itself up for failure. While the South East warms up to the North, the North look toward the South West for periodic relationships, which is why they are unbothered so long they are in agreement with the Yorubas.

6. Absence of power politicians: You all hate the feeling of a Tinubu in the South East but it is somewhat necessary. The absence of one is why there is no unification in the South East. Rochas is to Imo as Gburugburu is to Enugu. Worse is the fact that these guys don't even wield any power even at home. The North will always rely on the West because of the presence of its unifiers, namely Obasanjo and more importantly BAT. They need his power, his influence and his alliance to succeed in the West and he has transcended to the North with the influence.

7. Burnt Bridges: Not sure I should say anything about this... You already know.

So, my good friend, there is no surprise whatsoever in 2023. The election will be decided the day either party hands the ticket to the South East.

PS: APGA would have had a shot at producing an Igbo president but it is primarily an Anambra party, not even respected outside Anambra.
So in your mind Tinubu has a national appeal and the SW can contest with the north?

The Igbos are Republican and no drug Baron from anywhere can tell us whom to vote for.We don't envy the SW in that regard

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by kcnwaigbo: 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2020
flokii:
Suggest to who?

Igbos have contested every presidential election in Nigeria under APGA and some other irrelevant parties. 2023 won't be an exception, however expecting SW not to contest or step down so that an Igbo can emerge president won't work.. Kolewerk

Ask PDP to give SE ticket or stick to your irrelevant parties like APGA.

No SWner can emerge president without support from the SE/SS

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Kwamecron(m): 8:54pm On Aug 28, 2020
If they can’t support one and only JAGABAN, then they are still not ready.

I don’t think ipob need presidency’s.
They need Biafra.

You guys should not get yourself confuse pls.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by letitrainnow(m): 8:59pm On Aug 28, 2020
Haha na
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by GeneralPula: 9:01pm On Aug 28, 2020
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by 02Kebreal(m): 9:03pm On Aug 28, 2020
Chest beaters

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 28, 2020
Sponsored.

On that list, only Peter Obi and Senator Abaribe are note worthy.

Prefer Peter Obi more as he has prove. experience as the head of the Executive armof govt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 28, 2020
Sanchez01:
It is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind that the group is sponsored by one of the nominees. But politics isn't played this way and power won't be dropped on anyone's laps come 2023.

This is the exact same mindset of Ohaneze (youth and adult branch), politicians of the South East and a sizeable amount of the South East people but it is delusional to believe that an automatic pass be granted a particular area because they haven't tried before.

The funniest part of it all is that all of the nominees are featherweight and won't even win elections in their state hands down if they run under the APC. Moghalu looks good to me but he is not sellable even in his own state and region.

The South East is playing the 2023 politics the wrong way. No strategy, no power candidate and none of them is influential to pull a miracle outside of the South East. And then there is the issue of trust the North has towards... lipsrsealed
why do you say what u don't know ...igbos have voted people on apc yet u guys keep pushing your evil propaganda igbos won't vote apc

who voted rochas as governor and as senator
who voted kalu as senator ? ..

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by nogragra: 9:04pm On Aug 28, 2020
Sanchez01:

https://punchng.com/2023-presidency-igbo-group-suggests-11-persons-from-south-east/
Dreamers, bunch of useless thieves, can anything credible come from among losers? .South East did not work where they want to reap. Dream on, oh dreamers, dream on.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by otobasin2323(m): 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2020
how i wish i could just leave this country, i have made up my mind nigeria can never be better it will take years for that to happen.
God bless me let me relocate my family
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by AssistantJesus1: 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2020
SLAP44:
Abeg, who can borrow me small pin charger?

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by golddare: 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2020
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Ernerstdavid55(m): 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2020
SLAP44:
[url][/url]

Do you know that the best misrification political gimmick in Nigeria presidential election is to misficalate the essential pekamburities in each region to produce an agnostic irredentialism never equalled in no u r political clime.

That's why I find it funny when you post these horrendous itamutalinous tantamutations similar to what an awesome surreptitious political system can throw up.
grin simple yes or no
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by nototribalist: 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2020
craze dey worry this group, Rochas, Orji Kalu, and Umahi are useless

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:06pm On Aug 28, 2020
Bitchlover:
Make we talk truth Peter Obi as President no fit harm us oh.
If they choose anyone aside Peter Obi then it's all faux!!!
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 28, 2020
Fraud
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by winterfell007(m): 9:06pm On Aug 28, 2020
I'll keep saying this, the igbos has lost political relevance in the Nigeria Political System, it hurts to admit but it's true. No thanks to Nnamdi Kanu's campaign messages of hate towards other people. It has dragged us backwards politically. kiss cry kiss kiss cry kiss

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by TimeManager(m): 9:06pm On Aug 28, 2020
Yoruba dey always overdo. A Yoruba man rallying for ibo presidency meanwhile ibo men like Daniel Kanu & Arthur Nzeribe spent all their time & resources to thwart the Yoruba presidency in '93. How many times will Yoruba have to take a bullet for ibos?
Yoruba ronu o.

kiss the truth!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Benwallt(m): 9:06pm On Aug 28, 2020
This Igbo people won't fail to disappoint person. Suggesting 11 persons while other sides are already presenting their best. Na dem go do till the election. Just fine one person even if na craze person.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Correcto: 9:07pm On Aug 28, 2020
Who is we? Even though I am not Ibo, I still think they have the right to contest for the position.
SLAP44:

Why is there this urgency for this people to want to push Igbos into bad market?

We are not interested biko.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by jrusky(m): 9:08pm On Aug 28, 2020
Suggest to who

Oh my God pls you people should stop being naive and silly. Is that how the North suggested? Is that how the SW are suggesting?

Play politics the way its suppose to be play or damn presidency.

So keep your silly suggestion. Be ready to think Nigeria or keep on dreaming. You can never enjoy a dream you don't belief in.

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by robosky02(m): 9:08pm On Aug 28, 2020
Dr Ogbonaya Onu,

Peter Obi,

Dr Chris Ngige

, Rochas Okorocha,

Dave Umahi,

Orji Uzor Kalu,

Ike Ekweremadu, and

Enyinnaya Abaribe.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Thastie(f): 9:08pm On Aug 28, 2020
@Sanchez01
That free education you gave ibos on FP is way more than their own father have ever given them. May the Good Lord bless and enrich you.
Even though you've pointed out their errors, they would still not learn from it cos they are emotional cretins. Maybe by year 3000, I pray nature would have upgraded their genes and we can expect change from them.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by nogragra: 9:08pm On Aug 28, 2020
Dreamers, bunch of useless thieves, can anything credible come from among losers? .South East did not work where they want to reap. Dream on, oh dreamers, dream on.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by gnykelly(m): 9:09pm On Aug 28, 2020
azikwe Jonathan is Ibo. the guy are they contending again

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Roozzaay(m): 9:09pm On Aug 28, 2020
Olukayode? I nor understand undecided

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Correcto: 9:09pm On Aug 28, 2020
Who are the States? 2023 is still years from now. Yours last words show why Nigeria is in a mess.
Benwallt:
This Igbo people won't fail to disappoint person. Suggesting 11 persons while other sides are already presenting their best. Na dem go do till the election. Just fine one person even if na craze person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Alamin6: 9:10pm On Aug 28, 2020
Sanchez01:
It is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind that the group is sponsored by one of the nominees. But politics isn't played this way and power won't be dropped on anyone's laps come 2023.

This is the exact same mindset of Ohaneze (youth and adult branch), politicians of the South East and a sizeable amount of the South East people but it is delusional to believe that an automatic pass be granted a particular area because they haven't tried before.

The funniest part of it all is that all of the nominees are featherweight and won't even win elections in their state hands down if they run under the APC. Moghalu looks good to me but he is not sellable even in his own state and region.

The South East is playing the 2023 politics the wrong way. No strategy, no power candidate and none of them is influential to pull a miracle outside of the South East. And then there is the issue of trust the North has towards... lipsrsealed

You are 100% right. I hope they can understand just that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by jaxxy(m): 9:11pm On Aug 28, 2020
I like the fact the Igbo’s are begging to engage. I think they shud 1st consult sm former head of states beginning with obj. I’m sure he wud give them sm names that are not on that list and remove sm.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Farki: 9:12pm On Aug 28, 2020
Good now they are making moves.

Please just remove Orji Kalu and Cockrochas Okorcha from that list now unless you want to receive curses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bukola Samuel-Wemimo: DSS Arrests TVC Journalist (Photo) / Holland Chukwudubem A Dead Soldier: Another Fallen Hero / Biafran Leader Nnamdi Kanu: The Man Behind Nigeria's Separatists - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.