Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East (38542 Views)

Senate Presidency: Igbo Youths To Hold 2 Million March To Support Orji Kalu / Primate Ayodele: South-East Won’t Get Presidency, Igbo Politicians Are Betrayals / Joe Igbokwe On 2023 Presidency: 'Igbo Candidate Can’t Be Trusted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Polchiz(m): 9:59am On Aug 29, 2020
Kuginzi:
IGBO POLITICS: Nigeria is a Zoo, we only want Biafra
Now Igbo wants to be president of which country? (BIAFRA, ZOO or NIGERIA)
In your tiny mind, Nnamdi Kanu represents Igbos?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by OlawaleBammie: 10:07am On Aug 29, 2020
Sanchez01:

You aren't communicating. However, let me clear you on why an Igbo president is a pipe dream, at least for now.

1. The PDP is interested in returning to power and will most likely hand over its ticket to a Northerner because they desperately need to win. An Igbo president under the PDP is unrealistic as there is no Igbo politician with a national appeal. Heck, not even one that can win an election outside his state, even in the South East.

2. The APC will most likely retain the seat and understands that the best way to do it is to NOT hand its presidential ticket to someone of the Igbo extraction. Why? Because the North will aggressively reject the idea and the APC will lose the North. Plus, the North is still interested, leaving the battle to the North and South West.

3. Voting Strength: The South East is the least influential region, politically, as far as Nigeria is concerned, which is why the PDP had taken the region for a ride for over 16 years. Both parties know they only need a fraction of the South East vote and then look forward to appealing to the SW for the decider. Knowing the South East is weak vote-wise, it would be foolhardy to entrust the ticket to a region with low voting power.

4. National Appeal: While Tinubu has mastered the art of packaging and winning, one thing 'his' politicians all have in common is a sound profile and a decent amount of popularity outside their region. None of your politicians have that.

5. The North: I hate to say this, but the North will never vote an Igbo candidate, no thanks to history. The level of distrust is so huge that any party that announces an Igbo presidential candidate, as far as the North is concerned has set itself up for failure. While the South East warms up to the North, the North look toward the South West for periodic relationships, which is why they are unbothered so long they are in agreement with the Yorubas.

6. Absence of power politicians: You all hate the feeling of a Tinubu in the South East but it is somewhat necessary. The absence of one is why there is no unification in the South East. Rochas is to Imo as Gburugburu is to Enugu. Worse is the fact that these guys don't even wield any power even at home. The North will always rely on the West because of the presence of its unifiers, namely Obasanjo and more importantly BAT. They need his power, his influence and his alliance to succeed in the West and he has transcended to the North with the influence.

7. Burnt Bridges: Not sure I should say anything about this... You already know.

So, my good friend, there is no surprise whatsoever in 2023. The election will be decided the day either party hands the ticket to the South East.

PS: APGA would have had a shot at producing an Igbo president but it is primarily an Anambra party, not even respected outside Anambra.

Ewooooo!!!! iyemeeeee

See a future and impending looting politician as e analyse everything.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Tareq1105: 10:14am On Aug 29, 2020
Sanchez01:

https://punchng.com/2023-presidency-igbo-group-suggests-11-persons-from-south-east/

Beginning of confusion for our South Yeast brothers.

As we speak today in APC, the most respected Igbo man is Ken Nnamani but he was left out on the list.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by babaztee: 10:38am On Aug 29, 2020
Are these the best candidates the Igbos can present as Presidential materials? Huge joke of the Century. What has Ekeremandu, Kalu, Okorocha done for their Eastern constituencies? Who knows the "Okolo" ( a nobody in ancient Oyo Kingdom) of Ngige, Onu and the rest in the field of Nigerian murdy politics? Let the Igbos not deceive themselves, they have better materials, who are silent performers that pull the weight, let them throw their selfishness to the dustbins and route for credible sell-able person for this project. Wishing them goodluck.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by ransomed: 10:51am On Aug 29, 2020
Ojiofor:

We are very much interested biko.Ohanaeze has so and likewise many Igbo groups I wonder who you are speaking for.

You should have known that he represents the pro - Biafra.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Udeyhere: 10:54am On Aug 29, 2020
I think I chose Enyinnaya Abaribe with reason and don't ask me why?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by ransomed: 11:00am On Aug 29, 2020
Bring these politicians together to have a consensus candidate as true sons of igbo land. They will end up in court due to disunity, pride and selfishness.
If the youths are agitating for a better future, these elders go to Abuja to truncate their plans and they never speak against the injustice being perpetrated by Federal Government.
Spit on political "ashawo" graves..
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Ojiofor: 11:04am On Aug 29, 2020
ransomed:

You should have known that he represents the pro - Biafra.

I know he is IPOB youth.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Kuginzi: 11:19am On Aug 29, 2020
Polchiz:

In your tiny mind, Nnamdi Kanu represents Igbos?
In your tiny mind, Do u have any other Biafra Mandela aside Nnamdi Kanu? If yes, pls name the person
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Bonessaw(m): 11:22am On Aug 29, 2020
Jackson105:

No, go check it out

No state is bigger than the entire six Southwest states in land mass.

Niger the biggest = Southwest state-Lagos state,
I hope u get
Niger state is the same size as the SW. Oyo state is not bigger than the SE. The SE outstreches it with over 3,000 sqm. Oyo as a state is the whole SW states (Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Ekiti) plus some parts of Lagos. However if you add Lagos, then the 5 SW state paces Oyo with a 5000 sqm.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by OlawaleBammie: 11:24am On Aug 29, 2020
blaqoracle:
NAIRA SMPLY means Never Allow Igbo Rule Again.

Waoo.... so thoughtful of you
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by ransomed: 11:25am On Aug 29, 2020
winterfell007:
I'll keep saying this, the igbos has lost political relevance in the Nigeria Political System, it hurts to admit but it's true. No thanks to Nnamdi Kanu's campaign messages of hate towards other people. It has dragged us backwards politically. kiss cry kiss kiss cry kiss

No sir, do not blame Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, blame your past leader who left his comfort zone in Southwest and joined forces with Hausa/Fulani and sold the ibos to North. The yorubas no longer trust any ibo man politically and Hausa/fulanis have used ndigbo and dumped them.
Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is doing his best to do away with the past by waking up the youth to prepare for self determination and success of igbo race. Thank you.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by nogragra: 11:32am On Aug 29, 2020
Harmlesspill:
Rochas nkor??
You know the truth can never be watered down. When you speak the truth all means everyone of them not half or quarter. Not a single igbo person all over the world is worthy of anything, kiss the truth and set yourself free from mental slavery.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Bonessaw(m): 11:44am On Aug 29, 2020
nogragra:

[s]You know the truth can never be watered down. When you speak the truth all means everyone of them not half or quarter. Not a single igbo person all over the world is worthy of anything, kiss the truth and set yourself free from mental slavery[/s].
Are you worth anything? You hate filled bigot. Don’t make ammends before it kills you.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by LZAA: 11:46am On Aug 29, 2020
SLAP44:
A political association, Igbo for President Solidarity Group, has suggested 11 politicians from the South-Eastern states that are “qualified to be presented as presidential candidates in 2023 general elections”.

The president of the association, Dr. Olukayode Oshiariyo

You can imagine! grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Jackson105: 11:52am On Aug 29, 2020
Bonessaw:
Niger state is the same size as the SW. Oyo state is not bigger than the SE. The SE outstreches it with over 3,000 sqm. Oyo as a state is the whole SW states (Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Ekiti) plus some parts of Lagos. However if you add Lagos, then the 5 SW state paces Oyo with a 5000 sqm.

Who is this, posting senseless information! Do I look like I don't know what I am saying, go online and stop embarrassing yourself.

No state is bigger than the entire Southwest not even Niger, and Niger state is two times bigger than the whole SE.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by mrnairaland1(m): 12:01pm On Aug 29, 2020
SLAP44:
[url][/url]

Do you know that the best misrification political gimmick in Nigeria presidential election is to misficalate the essential pekamburities in each region to produce an agnostic irredentialism never equalled in no u r political clime.

That's why I find it funny when you post these horrendous itamutalinous tantamutations similar to what an awesome surreptitious political system can throw up.
Calm down
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by nogragra: 12:12pm On Aug 29, 2020
Bonessaw:
Are you worth anything? You hate filled bigot. Don’t make ammends before it kills you.
Sounds like hate for haters of truth. You seem to be in perpetual bondage of lies like those manufactured by your master and saviour Nnamdi Kanu and many Igbos leaders before him. wake up and save yourself though truth may be bitter.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Anyiamaka: 12:22pm On Aug 29, 2020
Interesting! Even Ifeanyi Uba and Ugwanyi made the list... grin grin grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by superstar1(m): 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2020
The only SE candidate I can vote for is Charles Soludo. Others are bunch of clowns.

However, I stand for PYO or Fashola.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by bluecircle470: 1:04pm On Aug 29, 2020
SLAP44:

You are right, Sokoto state is larger than the entire south west. Good points.

You’re not even communicating. Sanchez01 shredded you in pieces and you’re still talking like a mad deranged man
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by otobasin2323(m): 1:12pm On Aug 29, 2020
Benwallt:
As in your girl u got pregnant left you? Ain't no glory in pain. May God open your way n my own too. As much as I try to avoid blaming the leaders of this country for our individual woes. God go punish them this night. They won't sleep well.
bro just click on my profile you will see the post i posted there about last year where i was asking for advice on how to go about it, my parent are looking up to me to give them a good life after they made sure i attended university
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Jonathan39: 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
Your rejoin has never produced a governor better than Peter Obi. Let's debate it if you can
Injera:

Doesn't have the charisma and all inspiring personality
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by showafrica(m): 3:15pm On Aug 29, 2020
SLAP44:
A political association, Igbo for President Solidarity Group, has suggested 11 politicians from the South-Eastern states that are “qualified to be presented as presidential candidates in 2023 general elections”.

Lol. I think say na only me noticed... Dont mind the Afonja republicans.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Charly68: 6:06pm On Aug 29, 2020
Kingsley ans Umahi preffered
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Sunsets: 8:37pm On Aug 29, 2020
ethnic bigots can't fathom
SLAP44:

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by simpleseyi: 9:00pm On Aug 29, 2020
SLAP44:
[url][/url]

Do you know that the best misrification political gimmick in Nigeria presidential election is to misficalate the essential pekamburities in each region to produce an agnostic irredentialism never equalled in no u r political clime.

That's why I find it funny when you post these horrendous itamutalinous tantamutations similar to what an awesome surreptitious political system can throw up.

Early symptoms of psychiatric disorders and hallucinations
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by SLAP44: 9:02pm On Aug 29, 2020
simpleseyi:

Early symptoms of psychiatric disorders and hallucinations

If you didn't understand that, you need to return to school. grin

All these dropouts sef
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by OdefaGirl(f): 4:47pm On Aug 30, 2020
Benwallt:
you mean to say "or I don't I?"

grin grin grin grin grin.......are you ok?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aisha Umar: Abaribe Kicks As Buhari Nominates Chairman, DG For PENCOM Board / PHOTO: Pres. Buhari Appoints Head of Amnesty Programme For Ex militants / Asset Declaration: Buhari Can No Longer Pretend To Be Poor – Balarabe Musa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.